Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$25.99

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Long Day's Journey Into Night 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

The Universe in 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.86

G-Force 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.44

Tomb Raider 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.00

Kylie Minogue: Aphrodite Les Folies - Live in London (Blu-ray)
$23.24

Rampage 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.03

Jivaro 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.98

Bait (Blu-ray)
$7.69

The Meg 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.98

Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 06-21-2019, 05:14 AM   #21

Sep 2013
United Kingdom Pre-order on Amazon UK

Toy Story 4 3D Blu-ray
Thanks given by:
CASTILL0 (06-23-2019), eselv73 (06-23-2019), kurosawa (06-21-2019), mredman (06-21-2019), panman40 (06-21-2019), Paul H (06-21-2019), Zivouhr (06-22-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 05:18 AM   #22

Jul 2007
New Zealand

What a good way to end the week! Pre-ordered!
Old 06-21-2019, 05:50 AM   #23

Aug 2015
San Francisco, CA

Just home from seeing Toy Story 4 in 3D. I thought the 3D was on the weak side. I question the theater's (Century theater complex - our great AMC Metreon theater didn't show that there are 3D presentations until just today) projection equipment but the Disney and Pixar logos at the beginning and end of the movie had terrific depth, as well as some of the trailers. If anything, this movie with the night scenes at a carnival would probably look stunning in a Dolby Cinema with Dolby Vision.
The movie itself is a sweet story. Try to stay until the very end of the credits!
Thanks given by:
Variety Films 3D (06-23-2019), Zivouhr (06-22-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 10:12 AM   #24

Mar 2019

I love this news!

Was a very bad bittersweet feeling watching the super bowl teaser, seeing this wonderful animation, funny scene and thinking this could be only released in flat 4K following Ralph...

Now I'm happy

Last edited by xootoo; 06-21-2019 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:20 PM   #25
Expert Member

Jan 2018
Switzerland
-
-
-
United Kingdom Zavvi 3D Steelbook

Zavvi exclusive 3D Steelbook up for preorder
Thanks given by:
bud_brigman (06-21-2019), eselv73 (06-23-2019), wallyg8r (06-22-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 03:06 PM   #26
Expert Member

Jan 2011
-
-
-

did Zaavi bump up the price on their pre-orders?
Old 06-21-2019, 06:47 PM   #27

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by xootoo View Post
I love this news!

Was a very bad bittersweet feeling watching the super bowl teaser, seeing this wonderful animation, funny scene and thinking this could be only released in flat 4K following Ralph...

Now I'm happy
So far Disney has not withheld overseas 3-D releases of any Pixar, Marvel, or Lucasfilm titles -- only their in-house branded films. Let's hope that trend continues. (Or better yet, Disney sees the error of their ways and resumes general release of 3-D efforts.)
Thanks given by:
ilovenola2 (06-24-2019), Variety Films 3D (06-23-2019), Zivouhr (06-22-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 07:27 PM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2014
Southeast U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwc View Post
You rock. Ordered.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:39 PM   #29
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooneyRara View Post
Blu-Ray 3D!!! you rock Disney
Old 06-22-2019, 12:33 AM   #30
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefelc View Post
Just home from seeing Toy Story 4 in 3D. I thought the 3D was on the weak side. I question the theater's (Century theater complex - our great AMC Metreon theater didn't show that there are 3D presentations until just today) projection equipment but the Disney and Pixar logos at the beginning and end of the movie had terrific depth, as well as some of the trailers. If anything, this movie with the night scenes at a carnival would probably look stunning in a Dolby Cinema with Dolby Vision.
The movie itself is a sweet story. Try to stay until the very end of the credits!
Thank you Keefelc. So milder 3D then overall from the sound of your review. The movie looks promising, even though I'm not a big fan of Toy Story. Even so, better than Cars 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
Blu-Ray 3D!!! you rock Disney
When they don't suck. No, but their US division for blu ray 3D support does stink. Their overseas division, they're respectful of the 3D market as long as they continue to release blu ray 3Ds. Even in small quantities would be welcome. Actually, big small quantities, so the resellers don't buy them all and then try to resell them for triple the price. I won't buy if that happens.
Thanks given by:
Variety Films 3D (06-23-2019)
Old 06-22-2019, 02:13 AM   #31

Aug 2015
San Francisco, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Thank you Keefelc. So milder 3D then overall from the sound of your review. The movie looks promising, even though I'm not a big fan of Toy Story. Even so, better than Cars 2.
Hi Zivouhr! I'm most curious if others found the 3D really well done. The Century Theater I went to has been going downhill and I wouldn't be surprised if the mild 3D I saw was due to something technical on their end. I also saw Shazam! at this same theater (because our great AMC Metreon didn't have any 3D presentations) and the 3D didn't seem as pronounced as other posters said they saw at their theaters.
As for the story, I actually didn't like this one as much as the others but, IMO, the movie has a different feel to it. However, definitely better than Cars 2! BTW, I read the movie has some great "cameo voices" from some comedy legends!
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (06-22-2019)
Old 06-22-2019, 03:58 AM   #32
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
I honestly thought this was Pixar's best 3D, the layering is damn impressive; and feet, a pencil, a character flies up towards the camera jutt out. There are just dozens of scenes that the 3D really does a great job of conveying the 'space' and closeness of objects towards us the viewer. Pixar for once delivers a 3D presentation that astounds. In my opinion, the two best Pixar 3D movies are this and 'Monsters. Inc.'
Cool, thanks Dubstar. Did you see The Good Dinosaur? Really solid 3D in that one from Pixar, with medium to high medium layering throughout. Even hints of strong 3D at times. That one was out of the typical Pixar formula, with a new director too that may have impacted the better 3D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefelc View Post
Hi Zivouhr! I'm most curious if others found the 3D really well done. The Century Theater I went to has been going downhill and I wouldn't be surprised if the mild 3D I saw was due to something technical on their end. I also saw Shazam! at this same theater (because our great AMC Metreon didn't have any 3D presentations) and the 3D didn't seem as pronounced as other posters said they saw at their theaters.
As for the story, I actually didn't like this one as much as the others but, IMO, the movie has a different feel to it. However, definitely better than Cars 2! BTW, I read the movie has some great "cameo voices" from some comedy legends!
Thanks. That sounds entertaining. Dubstar above said the 3D was worthwhile for a change.

Yeah, Cars 2 was mostly about Tomator, the pick up truck, instead of the star car, Lightning. So every time Cars 2 had a race underway, they cut away from the momentum to diffuse it with scenes of Tomater goofing around somewhere. The 3D in that was decent, medium 3D though from what I remember from theaters.
Old 06-22-2019, 06:01 PM   #33

Sep 2015
England

The 3-D in this was slightly stronger than Toy Story 3's, but still underwhelming overall. Some good depth shots, plenty of fun low-angle sequences, a whole lot of dialled-back, barely-there 3-D. In short, typical Pixar.

Loved the film, though. It alternates between bittersweet and very funny all the way through, and feels like a greatest hits mash-up in terms of themes, plot, and emotional kicks. Toy Story 2 is still my favourite, but this is every bit as ingenious and magical as you'd want it to be.
Thanks given by:
2112rushfan (06-22-2019), EVERRET (06-24-2019), FingolfinFinwe (07-15-2019), keefelc (06-22-2019), kurosawa (06-22-2019), panman40 (06-22-2019), Paul H (06-22-2019), the13thman (06-24-2019), wallyg8r (06-23-2019), Zivouhr (06-24-2019)
Old 06-22-2019, 06:31 PM   #34

Jan 2017
New England USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySeven View Post
The 3-D in this was slightly stronger than Toy Story 3's, but still underwhelming overall. Some good depth shots, plenty of fun low-angle sequences, a whole lot of dialled-back, barely-there 3-D. In short, typical Pixar.

Loved the film, though. It alternates between bittersweet and very funny all the way through, and feels like a greatest hits mash-up in terms of themes, plot, and emotional kicks. Toy Story 2 is still my favourite, but this is every bit as ingenious and magical as you'd want it to be.
I totally agree about Toy Story 2. Hubby and I love that one. It was a perfect story. Did not enjoy 3 as much.

Also with the Kung Fu Panda series I enjoyed the second one the most.
Thanks given by:
MercurySeven (06-22-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 01:46 AM   #35

Aug 2014

I didn't think Toy Story needed a fourth movie, but I wanted to get my money's worth out of my AMC A-List so I went and saw a 3D presentation this afternoon and was quite surprised. For a movie that didn't need to exist, it was much better than it had any right to be.

As for the 3D, I was also pleasantly surprised by that. Right from the start, with Andy swinging Woody around, he swings him right out of the screen. And then there's a few shots where they actually hold the item (a foot, a pencil) out at the audience for an extended period of time so you can really appreciate the pop-out (something I find quite rare in modern 3D movies). Although I felt like towards the end, they weren't trying to really use the third dimension as much. But then maybe I'd just gotten involved in the story more by that point...

I stayed through the credits but only to the halfway point. Once the scrolling credits started, I left. Did I miss another gag at the very end?
Thanks given by:
Freakyguy666 (07-02-2019), mredman (06-23-2019), the13thman (06-24-2019), Zivouhr (06-24-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 03:36 AM   #36

Dec 2018

You didn't miss anything crucial to the story, but there were a couple cute gags at the end during the Pixar logo, one that provided closure for a very minor character.
Thanks given by:
Wootini (06-23-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 07:45 AM   #37
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Cool, thanks Dubstar. Did you see The Good Dinosaur? Really solid 3D in that one from Pixar, with medium to high medium layering throughout. Even hints of strong 3D at times. That one was out of the typical Pixar formula, with a new director too that may have impacted the better 3D.

Thanks. That sounds entertaining. Dubstar above said the 3D was worthwhile for a change.

Yeah, Cars 2 was mostly about Tomator, the pick up truck, instead of the star car, Lightning. So every time Cars 2 had a race underway, they cut away from the momentum to diffuse it with scenes of Tomater goofing around somewhere. The 3D in that was decent, medium 3D though from what I remember from theaters.
I missed 'The Good Dinosaur' in 3D in the theater, and I need to rewatch it as such from the 3D bluray, even though I HATE the script - that animation is stunning.

as to the varied reactions to the 3D, it's seems like myself and fellow member wootini had theater projector systems pumping out enough light to 'up' the 3D effects, it also helps that I have my own Polaroid 3D glasses, that aren't as dark as the RealD 3D glasses the theaters hand out, they also let in more light to the eyes.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (06-24-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 03:19 AM   #38
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySeven View Post

Glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootini View Post
I didn't think Toy Story needed a fourth movie, but I wanted to get my money's worth out of my AMC A-List so I went and saw a 3D presentation this afternoon and was quite surprised. For a movie that didn't need to exist, it was much better than it had any right to be.

As for the 3D, I was also pleasantly surprised by that. Right from the start, with Andy swinging Woody around, he swings him right out of the screen. And then there's a few shots where they actually hold the item (a foot, a pencil) out at the audience for an extended period of time so you can really appreciate the pop-out (something I find quite rare in modern 3D movies). Although I felt like towards the end, they weren't trying to really use the third dimension as much. But then maybe I'd just gotten involved in the story more by that point...

I stayed through the credits but only to the halfway point. Once the scrolling credits started, I left. Did I miss another gag at the very end?
Cool. The 3D was good, I agree.

Quote:
I missed 'The Good Dinosaur' in 3D in the theater, and I need to rewatch it as such from the 3D bluray, even though I HATE the script - that animation is stunning.

as to the varied reactions to the 3D, it's seems like myself and fellow member wootini had theater projector systems pumping out enough light to 'up' the 3D effects, it also helps that I have my own Polaroid 3D glasses, that aren't as dark as the RealD 3D glasses the theaters hand out, they also let in more light to the eyes.
I'm with you on the 3D being better than normal for Pixar.

Toy Story 4 3D Review:
Cinemark theater, just right of center seats, mid row, great contrast, brightness and 3D projection.

Previews:
Lion King 2019 Live Action 3D: mild to low medium layered 3D. Almost 2D at times. It's barely 3D... Only shot I liked is overlooking the valley from the cliff, the Hyenas watching the herd stampeded and Simba below in medium 3D. Movie looks realistic otherwise.
Spies in Disguise 3D: (Blue Sky) medium to some stronger 3D layers.
Pixar's Onward: 2D Trailer. Looks interesting.
Maleficent 2 3D: High medium to strong 3D layering.

Toy Story 4:
3D Layering: 8/10. Consistently medium 3D layers for much of the film. For distant tree scenery outdoors, it amps up to high medium layers.
3D Pop Outs: Some pop outs in this film, like a shoe sticking part way out of the screen for a few seconds, and the Mary Little Lamb Lady sticking her cane out for half a second. Some others too.
3D Framing: 7/10 Good in general.
Favorite 3D shot: A scene overlooking the valley with the tree topped mountains in the distance. Nice range of layering in the high medium range.

3D Summary: 8/10. A consistently medium layered 3D film. If I could hardly notice if it was 3D or not, I would give it a 5, but the 3D was readily apparent throughout, unlike Laika's mild 3D in Boxtrolls, most of Paranorman, etc.

Toy Story 4's 3D comparisons:
3D stronger than: Pixar's Up 3D
3D Not as strong as: Pixar's The Good Dinosaur 3D
About the same as Cars 2's 3D.
Thanks given by:
MercurySeven (06-24-2019), mredman (06-24-2019), the13thman (06-24-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 01:52 PM   #39
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

You forgot to mention the quick shot of one of the characters thrown in midair about to be devoured - it's another *wow* visual moment
Thanks given by:
Paul H (06-24-2019), Zivouhr (06-24-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 04:27 PM   #40
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
You forgot to mention the quick shot of one of the characters thrown in midair about to be devoured - it's another *wow* visual moment
Yes. And the introduction scene at the house, with the rain pouring in strong 3D. Forgot to mention that in the pop out section of my review. But definitely strong layers of rain drops going on there. Looked awesome.
Thanks given by:
Dubstar (06-24-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies