Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.26

Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.70
21 hrs ago
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.74

Terminator: Dark Fate 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > International Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 08-01-2019, 08:11 PM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
I also like facts, you mentioned the "SCANITY HDR" thing above as some sort of preliminary evidence
No. No. You overrated that comment of mine. Of course I did look up what it is. And thought that HDR is possible all things considered. Nothing more.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:29 PM   #22
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Yep, there I go again, seeing things that aren't there.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:35 PM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008
Germany

No worries. It's happening to me as well and I can't really blame you either.

And I'm having a hard time not drawing any conclusions! But I will resist.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:57 AM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasy969 View Post
In particular because he said it was scanned by MGM via SCANITY HDR and would've been scanned via SCANITY HDR by TLE as well. And I'm not an expert but I read HDR twice there.
It was just brought to my attention by Torsten via pm @movieside that I misquoted him here. I simply misread it and I didn't even notice when the according quote got quoted here. So sorry for any confusion this might have caused.

According to Torsten:
- the scan was not done on SCANITY HDR, but SCANITY (as I said: I simply misread it; sorry)
- the scan wasn't done by MGM, but by EFilm on behalf of TLE and MGM
Old 08-04-2019, 03:06 PM   #25
Banned

May 2018

Can't wait for this, I love the cinema of Chris Klein
Old 08-06-2019, 03:10 PM   #26
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Kay View Post
Can't wait for this, I love the cinema of Chris Klein
Old 08-10-2019, 01:32 AM   #27
Power Member

Mar 2008

Rollerball is one of my favourite movies but I Won't get this release, I dislike buying an American or British film and get artwork on a different languaje other than the original.
Also, I don't have much trust on a German independent label other than Arrow or Criterion. I'll wait for a release by other studio that I'm sure will happen in a not too distant future.
They should better use a triple layer disc as Rollerball has tons of heavy grain, I think even more grain than CEOT3K, or maybe they will dial DNR up to 11.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:23 AM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2013
Netherlands

According to the Dirty Pictures forum, the 4K UHD will be available on 6 December as a:

4-Disc [1x 4K UHD/3xBD]-Ultimate Edition
3-Disc [1x 4K UHD/2xBD]-Mediabook

Also available as:
3-Disc [2x BD/1x DVD]-Mediabook
Old 10-05-2019, 11:46 AM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008
Germany

One is already up for pre-order on amazon.de: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07YMFXCSV

Not clear yet which one of two 3 disc sets it is though - my best bet is 4K mediabook going by the price.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:35 AM   #30
Power Member

Mar 2008

There's no mention of HDR...
Old 10-08-2019, 07:18 PM   #31
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008
Germany

So the first amazon.de pre-order was the 2BD+DVD Version after all and it's even more expensive by now. Just cancelled. EDIT: MSRP of the BD version is supposed to be 27,99 € - so the 4K should come at a reasonable price as well

The 4K version and the Ultimate are up as well now (with artwork), but cannot be pre-ordered yet:
4K: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07YTDXRS4
4K Ultimate: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07YTD3C9T

And it does say HDR. I hope we'll be getting a "Don't Look Now" kinda release here.

Last edited by andreasy969; 10-08-2019 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:47 AM   #32

Mar 2012
Sweden

Any idea what will be on all the discs? There is only one cut/version, no?
I just want the feature with best possible PQ, original aspect ratio and audio from the 70 mm 6-Track.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:31 AM   #33
Power Member

Mar 2008

Do you think that an independent German video editor is going to have access to the Original Camera Negative or an Interpositive in good shape to make a decent transfer?
Old 10-10-2019, 02:36 AM   #34
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievanhalen View Post
Do you think that an independent German video editor is going to have access to the Original Camera Negative or an Interpositive in good shape to make a decent transfer?
When it comes to foreign films then a lot of the time the indies don't have to do the scan themselves, it gets done at a local facility and the raw data is piped over the interweb or sent over on drives for them to restore. TLE didn't do the physical scan for Suspiria for example, it was done by the Italian rights holders and then passed across for restoration. Same situation here according to Andreas' insights, MGM did the scan Stateside and TLE are restoring it on behalf of Capelight.
Thanks given by:
rickardl (10-10-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 06:15 AM   #35
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008
Germany

Quote:
If you'd actually read the thread instead of looking for excuses, you would've noticed that OCN has been confirmed already a long time ago: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=15

Since this appears to be coming with Rec.2020 as well now according to the cover, I'm looking forward to your next excuse - which I'm sure you'll come up with.
Thanks given by:
rickardl (10-10-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 07:51 AM   #36
Power Member

Jun 2011
Yorkshire

Am I getting this?

It’s Rollerball, of course I am.

Not in my Top 10, but just one which has such a lot of meaning for me personally. I’d probably buy it if the reviews and comparisons showed it was worse than the Blu-ray! 😀
Old 10-11-2019, 12:29 AM   #37
Power Member

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasy969 View Post
If you'd actually read the thread instead of looking for excuses, you would've noticed that OCN has been confirmed already a long time ago: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=15

Since this appears to be coming with Rec.2020 as well now according to the cover, I'm looking forward to your next excuse - which I'm sure you'll come up with.
Sorry for not reading the thread fully right.
I won't tell you an excuse but a fact: I dislike covers with German or French printing on them as I dislike both languajes, that's why I won't buy the German Rollerball UHD BD.
Fact, not excuse.
Old 10-11-2019, 04:54 AM   #38
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008
Germany

Quote:
Sorry for not reading the thread fully right.
I won't tell you an excuse but a fact: I dislike covers with German or French printing on them as I dislike both languajes, that's why I won't buy the German Rollerball UHD BD.
Fact, not excuse.
And there you go. I dislike German (or French/whatsoever) printing on the cover as well. So I'm happy that there isn't any on the Rollerball cover as you can see.

Would I pass on a most likley great release because of it? Hell no.

No Rec.2020, not from the OCN, now German printing. Yeah, you're not looking for excuses - and I'm not wondering what you're doing in this thread.
Thanks given by:
Pecker (10-12-2019)
Old 10-12-2019, 02:51 PM   #39
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2013
Netherlands

Contents mediabook:

UHD / Blu-ray
- "From Sweden To Stardom" – In conversation with Maud Adams
- "Return to the Arena: The Making of Rollerball"
- "The Fourth City" - Shooting Rollerball in Munich Unit manager Dieter Meyer and others revisit the Audi Dome and other original locations
- "The Bike Work - Craig R. Baxley on the Motorcycle Stunts in Rollerball" – Stunt artist Baxley on the challenges and dangers of being one of the Rollerball bikers
- "From Rome to Rollerball: The Full Circle" – original EPK bringing together interviews and on-set footage
- 13 original Trailer & TV Spots [partially restored]
- Audio commentary with director Norman Jewison
- Audio commentary with author William Harrison

Bonus BD
- "From Rollerball To Rome: How A Norman Jewison Classic Changed Sci-Fi Cinema"
- 2 Vintage 8mm reels: "Game On" and "Game Over"

The Ultimate Edition comes with the mediabook, double-sided poster, artcards, numbered certificate and a digipack with the following discs:

Bonus BD
- Remake ROLLERBALL (2002)

Bonus CD-Rom
- Additional material

Quote:
Erscheint in der limitierten Ultimate Edition als exklusive Sammlerbox inklusive der 3-Disc Limited Collector’s Edition im Mediabook (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Bonus-Blu-ray) mit umfangreichem Bonusmaterial, der brandneuen und bisher unveröffentlichten Dokumentation 85-minütigen Dokumentation "From Rollerball To Rome – Nachhall eines Sci-Fi Klassiker", doppelseitigem Poster, Artcards und nummeriertem Zertifikat sowie 24-seitigem Booklet und Print Extras aus aller Welt. Der Sammlerbox wird ebenfalls das Remake aus dem Jahr 2002 auf einer weiteren Bonus-Disc (Blu-ray) im Digipak beiliegen, sowie eine Bonus-CD-Rom mit zusätzlichem Material.

UHD/Blu-ray
- "From Sweden To Stardom" – Im Gespräch mit Maud Adams
- Making-of: „Return to the Arena“
- Featurette:"The Fourth City" – Eine Reise zurück zu den Münchner Originalschauplätzen des Films
- Featurette: "The Bike Work" – Stuntman Craig R. Baxley über die Motorradstunts
- Original Making-of von 1975: "From Rome to Rollerball"
- 13 Original Trailer & TV-Spots [teilweise neu restauriert]
- Audiokommentar von Regisseur Norman Jewison
- Audiokommentar von Autor William Harrison

Bonus-BD
- "From Rollerball To Rome: How A Norman Jewison Classic Changed Sci-Fi Cinema"
- 2 Vintage 8mm Reels: "Game On" und "Game Over"

Bonus-BD
- Remake ROLLERBALL (2002)

Last edited by NLScavenger; 10-12-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Thanks given by:
Dailyan (10-12-2019), Filmmaker (10-12-2019), Geoff D (10-13-2019), gregmtl92 (10-12-2019), mackiedog (10-12-2019), Matt89 (10-15-2019)
Old 10-12-2019, 02:56 PM   #40
Power Member

Aug 2014
Montreal

Gotta get this release for my CD-Rom collection!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies > International Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies