Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$27.97

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.30

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Rambo: Last Blood (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39

Ringu Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Angel Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$19.96
1 hr ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 03-05-2019, 10:45 AM   #1

Mar 2018
Default Do you ever think your house is haunted?

Our grandma passed away in her bedroom a few years ago. She had dementia.

However, shortly after her passing away... we occasionally hear sounds coming from her bedroom.

I have heard before... what sounded like... the dropping of magazines or books on a desk. I have heard what sounded like the bedroom door opening. I have heard what sounds like a drawer in the bedroom opening, or the drawer handle being moved. My mom said once, early in the morning, she heard voices in the bedroom.

When you actually walk into the bedroom, absolutely nothing is there.

About a week ago... my family and I got home from shopping. Probably not even a minute after walking into my bedroom, I heard the sound of my grandma's bedroom door open. It wasn't exactly the quietest thing in the world. I thought my brother was home or something (he wasn't). Several times, I've assumed my brother was doing something in her bedroom, but remembered he wasn't home at the time.

We see nothing... but we hear plenty. It's not uncommon at all. The sounds are random and mundane, but they just shouldn't be happening.

The most alarming part ... was when my grandma talked to people who long passed away. She would do this at times in her bedroom, in the months leading to her passing. She would talk back to them, carry on conversations, etc. I swear that one time, during one of these conversations, I heard a woman's voice say something, who wasn't my grandma. It was disturbing in general when she talked to the dead, and the air in that part of the house felt intense when it was happening.

If you're wondering... if we still hear sounds in her bedroom... the answer is yes. It's more or less, a relatively common occurrence. It can happen in broad daylight, evening, night, you name it.

Do you ever think your house is haunted?
Thanks given by:
bipbop13 (03-06-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 12:35 AM   #2

Oct 2008

Yeah, there is no such thing as ghost, so no.
Thanks given by:
Infrared Sight (03-16-2019), sk33tr (03-06-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 12:38 AM   #3
Special Member

Jul 2017
The interior of my own mind

Houses make odd noises that can often sound like something else, esp when you have a vivid imagination!
Old 03-06-2019, 12:48 AM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
California

Damn, that sounds pretty creepy. Especially the frequency with which you say it happens and the distinctiveness of the sounds. Never experienced anything like that but I'd be kind of freaked.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:00 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014
Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by philzilla View Post
My father and I both saw a ghost at the same time. Please explain why we did not see this person.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:03 PM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

nope

but then, i don't believe in ghosts....soooo.....
Old 03-06-2019, 03:44 PM   #7
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
USNA

I have never seen a ghost but I think it's because I don't have an open mind. I believe there is some trace left of someone when they die, but that trace manifests itself in passing thoughts, a memory that suddenly comes out of nowhere or a "feeling" that the loved one is watching over you - not in objects that move or creaky noises on the floorboards above you. I have three sisters and they all claim to have seen apparitions. One sister in particular has told me a few stories that have sounded genuine enough to give me goosebumps, stories which were corroborated by her children or other witnesses. She used to mess around with Ouija boards so maybe she opened herself up to otherworldly phenomena. I think some folks are more prone than others to experience ghostly encounters but until I see one myself I'm not a believer in physical manifestations.

Last edited by Cinema84; 03-16-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:49 PM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2011
Brazil

No, because I don't believe that crap.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:48 PM   #9
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Sorry to hear your grandmother passed. I don't really believe in ghosts or hauntings. I've lived places where the house or building made weird noises all the time, and it's usually explained by things expanding/contracting with the change of season, something going through the pipes, or even just pests. And your grandmother talking to deceased people can be attributed to her dementia.
Thanks given by:
Cinema84 (03-06-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 07:17 PM   #10
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

In the house that I grew up in as a child I have experienced a few things. My father has heard his voice being called clear as day on multiple occasions in the middle of the night, when no one else was awake. He woke both me and my mother up to make sure that we were asleep and not messing with him. On another occasion, he heard someone running up and down our basement stairs when it was only him and his cousin there while they were both sitting in the same room. Opened the door and locked down and no one was there, no explanation.

The creepiest experience for me was hearing a full sentence/conversation coming from my living room while no one else was awake. I was using the bathroom around midnight and heard a woman's voice speaking, almost carrying on a full conversation with itself. I couldn't make out what was being said and I didn't think anything of it, thought it was my mother up late. I walked out from the bathroom and looked down the hallway through the kitchen and all of the lights were off, parents were both asleep, that's when I realized it definitely was not normal. I always got really weird vibes from that house. I never saw anything but we'd hear things and you'd get chills for no reason, kind of like that eerie feeling that something is in the room with you. It's hard to explain if you've never experienced it before but I do believe in the paranormal.

Before I moved in with my ex, her mother experienced something which I thought was super weird. She was home alone and in the shower and they had these 3 big clay pots on the very top of the kitchen cabinets. As she was in the shower she heard loud slamming coming from the kitchen. She got out of the shower and they were lined up perfectly in a row on the kitchen floor. Her father also heard voices while he was alone. Once he called my girlfriend and I because he swore he was hearing her voice coming from another room in the house but we were both out shopping together.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:40 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

Quote:
Can you prove it?

While Iíve never seen anything, I believe one of my friends houses is haunted. Itís the oldest house in the whole neighborhood. Itís sits on a corner of a hillside and one of the towns Ďfoundersí had it built for him about 200ish years ago. Anyways, itís a big house and the basement has a few randomly blocked off areas. Certain sections where there should be a room are blocked off by brick walls.

The whole house has a creepy vibe to it, but the eeriest part is the dining room, which is never used. They have the room blocked off and never go in it. Iíve only been in the room once, but the second you walk into the room, the air feels heavy. It feels like someone is hugging you. Itís crazy because as soon as you step out of the room it feels normal. Donít know how to explain it, but itís creepy.

Thanks given by:
bipbop13 (03-07-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 09:49 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010

Yes. I know mine is. The ghosts told me so.

[Show spoiler]

Old 03-11-2019, 02:01 AM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2013
South Bay CA

Don't believe in ghosts. Demonic spirits, on the other hand....
Old 03-15-2019, 03:57 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
-
-
-
Send a message via ICQ to yellowcakeuf6

There are no haunted houses, only haunted people.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:45 PM   #15
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2012
Oklahoma

I wake up in the morning and find things knocked over, out of place and on the floor. Then I remember I have cats.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:56 AM   #16

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinCohle View Post
Can you prove it?
can you?
I have science, you have Zack Baggins.
I rest my case your honor.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:11 AM   #17
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2009
Out there...past them trees...

I don't believe that science can explain everything away.

I've heard a few stories from friends, family, and coworkers about spirits they've encountered. One could assume they're all lying or misinterpreting simple sounds or scents, but what really makes me scratch my head is how similar most encounters are even though there's no correlation at all.

While I find the paranormal fascinating, most stories I see can be easily explained away as hoaxes and misinterpretations. Most televised cases seem to be easily fabricated. But I wouldn't rule out the possibility that ghosts and spirits exist.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:24 PM   #18
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_The_Strange View Post
I don't believe that science can explain everything away.

I've heard a few stories from friends, family, and coworkers about spirits they've encountered. One could assume they're all lying or misinterpreting simple sounds or scents, but what really makes me scratch my head is how similar most encounters are even though there's no correlation at all.

While I find the paranormal fascinating, most stories I see can be easily explained away as hoaxes and misinterpretations. Most televised cases seem to be easily fabricated. But I wouldn't rule out the possibility that ghosts and spirits exist.
I think itís a case of when people try making money off of ghost/spirit situations, it often leads to skepticism from people.
Thanks given by:
Al_The_Strange (03-17-2019), Infrared Sight (03-27-2019)
Old 03-27-2019, 01:16 PM   #19
Special Member

Jul 2017
Small town Massachusetts

Quote:

I don't believe my house is. I also don't buy tv shows as evidence. I do sometimes watch them as entertainment though. To say definitively that there is none though...

bride.jpg
Old 03-27-2019, 04:09 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2017
A more remote place of nothingness.
-
-

I had an apartment in Savannah, Georgia a long time ago. I had three roommates and we often heard noises, doors or cabinets opening and closing when no on was there, knocks and footsteps when no one was there. It happened often enough that our friends would say "that's just the ghost" when they heard things. It was strange but never felt threatening. I saw the old apartment on one of those "most haunted towns" shows but the show was talking about the building next door to my old apartment.

I knew some girls who were students at the Savannah College of Art and Design and they had a human skull they used for art reference. I can't remember if it was real or not. They said that no matter where they put the skull it always ended up facing the TV. They also heard noises often and found things moved. I also had a friend who worked at the Pirate's House and she and her coworkers had seen apparitions.

There is a book titled Surviving Death by Leslie Kean that has some interesting information in it. It's not sensationalist like the ghost hunting shows and she's a well-respected journalist. I read it after my mom died and I thought I heard her a couple of times. I don't think anything will convince skeptics, though. And that's okay.
Thanks given by:
bipbop13 (03-28-2019), Bradsdadg (03-28-2019), Chivaton (03-30-2019), Moviefan1203 (04-01-2019), Scarriere (08-07-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat