Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$115.96

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.34

Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Night Strangler (Blu-ray)
$19.34

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Blu-ray)
$19.99

A Star Is Born 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Alpha (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-19-2018, 08:01 PM   #141
Special Member

Nov 2008
Portland, OR

Or maybe that was intentional. John Watters approves this movie!
Old 06-20-2018, 12:38 AM   #142

Jun 2012

I think Michael Moore is an incredibly talented filmmaker, and this is his best documentary. I'll leave it at that.
Thanks given by:
JacobTyler1994 (06-21-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 02:12 AM   #143
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2013
The Ocean State
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akoutroubas View Post
I got my disc today and it has a sticker on it that says Director approved "John Watters" What the hell?
I agree, it seems a bit odd, since no one is shipping Criterion releases to Australia any more. I guess it doesn't hurt to have the backing of an Olympian, though Michael Moore might be a bit offended.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:42 AM   #144
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Irwin View Post
I agree, it seems a bit odd, since no one is shipping Criterion releases to Australia any more. I guess it doesn't hurt to have the backing of an Olympian, though Michael Moore might be a bit offended.
Came to this thread to find out if my copy was the only one to have a John Waters approved sticker (and ironically, I am an Aussie who got my copy from Amazon).

Until I read the above post, I completely forgot about the Aussie John Waters (actor, not an Olympian?!? ), who was a fairly famous TV actor in Australia (with some films) probably only recognised by Gen X’ers and Baby Boomers these days.

Glad I got BFC before the Amazon US “block” down under. Although, I assume they will still honour pre-orders.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:55 AM   #145
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013
City of Angels

Never seen it either, but based on the subject matter alone I’d like to see it.probably blind buy it
Old 06-25-2018, 04:13 PM   #146
Expert Member

Jan 2011
Alabama

"Approved by John Waters" stickers on this movie is one of the most amazing packaging flubs I've ever seen.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:18 PM   #147
Expert Member

Dec 2008

Even though the film's stance is to support gun control, midway into the film Michael Moore points out that many other countries have guns, violent video games, violent movies, etc., and yet the US has several times more gun murders, that there is "something about us," to use Moore's words, that leads to more gun violence. The point seems to be that guns are not really the cause, but "some" issues with us (maybe mental health?). It is curious to see such detraction from the film's gun control message because this point is, as we know, what gun lobbyists use as defense for guns. After this interesting segment, Moore continues to hammer the gun control message, culminating in that infamous confrontation with NRF chief Charlton Heston.

P.S. The film's titles alludes to the belief that the killers took a bowling class in school shortly before the shootings. But that has subsequently been proven erroneous, because the killers didn't go to school that day until the killings occurred.

Last edited by DVD Phreak; 07-03-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Thanks given by:
Jexes23 (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 02:44 AM   #148

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
I know why they were upset, but it's still amusing to see them get pissed off about it. The animation style isn't really that similar to their work anyway, I'd say it's more the voice acting that is more in the vein of SP. i think it would have probably been easier to rip off the animation style of SP if they really intended to do that, since SP uses fairly crude methods, using cut-outs and such.

It's been a while since i've seen BfC, but does the animation take place directly after their interview? I read a comment that said it's like 20 mins later.
Yeah it's like 20 mins later, not directly after which a lot of people falsely claim, and also like you said, the animation style barely resembles South Park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguamguy View Post
I can say that when I saw it, I assumed that Stone and Parker had done the animation, and I asked the people I was with and everybody agreed. It didn't seem like their usual political style, but I figured maybe Stone just had a specific reaction to Columbine. I suspect that if the cartoon had been better, or more in line with how they feel, they might not have been so annoyed that people thought they had done it.
They didn't have any reason to be annoyed with the doco or Michael Moore. Their annoyances should be at the people who think Trey and Matt invented animation.

Last edited by CptHowdy87; 07-21-2018 at 02:52 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America