Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99
4 hrs ago
Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$15.50

Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

Oculus (Blu-ray)
$6.99

Some Like It Hot (Blu-ray)
$19.59

Alpha (Blu-ray)
$19.99

A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Spider-Man: Homecoming (Blu-ray)
$9.99
18 hrs ago
Tomb Raider (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Dracula: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$16.99
7 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-17-2018, 02:12 AM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012

I am glad I got my The Expanse S3 pre-order in before the embargo on Australia importing from Amazon US on July 1 2018 (due to tax implications), since the Aussie Amazon site doesnít have a listing that works (and cheaper too).
Old 07-18-2018, 03:14 PM   #22
Special Member

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

Was lucky to find a copy of this at a local Fry's. None of the Best Buys around here showed any stock. Also, no more digital copy included as in the first two seasons. I have a feeling this might be the last season that is released on disc. On the plus side, it has a nice slipcover (although not quite as great as the lenticular one on season 2).
Old 07-19-2018, 04:37 AM   #23
Power Member

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiffy View Post
Was lucky to find a copy of this at a local Fry's. None of the Best Buys around here showed any stock. Also, no more digital copy included as in the first two seasons. I have a feeling this might be the last season that is released on disc. On the plus side, it has a nice slipcover (although not quite as great as the lenticular one on season 2).
Came here to post the same info. I hope the blu-rays continue. Bummed about the digital copy too. Seems a jerk move after S1 and S2 had them.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:51 AM   #24

Oct 2014
the Netherlands

Can anyone confirm that this one is region free like season 1 and 2?
Old 07-19-2018, 12:34 PM   #25
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEnd View Post
Can anyone confirm that this one is region free like season 1 and 2?
As it is Universal, Iíd put my house on it that it is Region Free.
My copy from Amazon US has been shipped via international courier so should get it tomorrow or Monday. Will check Region Coding then and post here.
Thanks given by:
MarcelS1 (07-20-2018), ThEnd (07-19-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 04:24 PM   #26

Aug 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiffy View Post
Why? Because they didn't include a digital copy? If so, that has as much to do with studio marketing politics as perception of demand.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:29 PM   #27

Mar 2016
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicBD View Post
Why? Because they didn't include a digital copy? If so, that has as much to do with studio marketing politics as perception of demand.
I think he's talking about the Amazon streaming renewal and questioning whether a physical release is in the cards.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:09 PM   #28

Aug 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlestar View Post
I think he's talking about the Amazon streaming renewal and questioning whether a physical release is in the cards.
Thanks. I didn't realize the show had been cancelled. Hope they didn't leave the third season as open-ended as the first, if that's the case. I might have to stop with the second - which I own, but have yet to watch - if they did.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:15 PM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicBD View Post
Thanks. I didn't realize the show had been cancelled. Hope they didn't leave the third season as open-ended as the first, if that's the case. I might have to stop with the second - which I own, but have yet to watch - if they did.
The third season isn't especially open-ended but definitely leaves the door open for future stories. But it got renewed for season 4 on Amazon so there's no issue really
Thanks given by:
Strapped4Cash (07-20-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 06:59 AM   #30
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012

S3 is Region Free. Just confirmed it and entered it onto the specs.

As for S4, hopefully there is still hope for a BD release, since The Handmaids Tale, House of Cards, Orange is The New Black and Stranger Things all got BD releases and are on Hulu and Netflix respectively.

Besides if Amazon Prime didnít do a BD release, they would be missing out on making money of the physical home video market. I for one will definitely not be streaming S4. Frack that shit.
Old 07-21-2018, 01:06 PM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post
S3 is Region Free. Just confirmed it and entered it onto the specs.

As for S4, hopefully there is still hope for a BD release, since The Handmaids Tale, House of Cards, Orange is The New Black and Stranger Things all got BD releases and are on Hulu and Netflix respectively.

Besides if Amazon Prime didnít do a BD release, they would be missing out on making money of the physical home video market. I for one will definitely not be streaming S4. Frack that shit.
Yeah considering Amazon has never released a bluray of its tv shows I'm not sure how it's gonna shake out, but I'm hoping that since this is something that started on another network and already has 3 seasons out, Universal will want to continue releasing them. That's why I kept my preorder for season 3 despite it not dropping in price like I wanted it to lol, I wanted to support the show and demonstrate that there's still a market for the blurays to be released moving forward
Thanks given by:
amoergosum (07-22-2018), MarcelS1 (07-21-2018), Rick Grimes (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 08:02 AM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightslicesofpie View Post
Yeah considering Amazon has never released a bluray of its tv shows I'm not sure how it's gonna shake out, but I'm hoping that since this is something that started on another network and already has 3 seasons out, Universal will want to continue releasing them. That's why I kept my preorder for season 3 despite it not dropping in price like I wanted it to lol, I wanted to support the show and demonstrate that there's still a market for the blurays to be released moving forward
Thanks for supporting TV on Blu-Ray.
Believe me, I know how expensive it can be (just check out how much TV on BD I have in my collection).
Itís a dirty job but someoneís got to do it.
Thanks given by:
eightslicesofpie (07-22-2018), MarcelS1 (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 11:31 AM   #33
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2011

Quote:
Thanks for supporting TV on Blu-Ray.
Believe me, I know how expensive it can be (just check out how much TV on BD I have in my collection).
Itís a dirty job but someoneís got to do it.

Same here, also purchase my tv shows on day of release. I know they will become cheaper later on, but if everyone would wait, we would already be without TV on Blu!
Thanks given by:
Rick Grimes (07-25-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 07:12 PM   #34

Jan 2014

Quote:
As it is Universal, Iíd put my house on it that it is Region Free.
My copy from Amazon US has been shipped via international courier so should get it tomorrow or Monday. Will check Region Coding then and post here.
Even though it is Region A, it could work in Region B so long as it is not locked Region A.
Is there anyway to know for sure?
I though I should update the profile in DVDProfiler, but I need to be sure as they are very strict about this. Is playback on Region B good enough verification that it is Region free?
Unfortunately the back cover does not have the A+B+C triangle.

There are UK releases, but they have no subtitles listed and sadly no back cover image to check.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:22 PM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:

Also Betas was on DVD as an Amazon exclusive. Since Universal already has the HV rights, I don't see how that would suddenly stop unless Amazon renegotiated the deal to make it entirely a Prime exclusive, but even then I would think they'd probably keep the existing HV agreement and possibly just make the releases exclusive to Amazon... as long as they don't sell it at full MSRP like with Agents of SHIELD s2 and Agent Carter s1, I don't think it'll be a big deal.

As for the digital copy, The Expanse isn't the only one to drop it. All of the 2018 Universal releases have dropped it (Midnight, Texas, Mr. Robot, Killjoys, The Magicians).

EDIT: and they're actually re-releasing Grimm s2-6, Mr Robot s1-2, and Heroes Reborn to remove digital and slipcovers

Last edited by kevin87; 08-22-2018 at 02:32 AM.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:25 PM   #36

Oct 2014
the Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJViking View Post
Even though it is Region A, it could work in Region B so long as it is not locked Region A.
Is there anyway to know for sure?
I though I should update the profile in DVDProfiler, but I need to be sure as they are very strict about this. Is playback on Region B good enough verification that it is Region free?
Unfortunately the back cover does not have the A+B+C triangle.

There are UK releases, but they have no subtitles listed and sadly no back cover image to check.
It has already been confirmed to be Region free.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:45 PM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

Day 1. Season 4.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:50 AM   #38
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2012
UK

Quote:
The First Season of Sneaky Pete is being released in the UK in 2 weeks by Dazzler Media.

Dazzler have also started releasing The Expanse Blu-ray in the UK, so there is a chance of a Blu-ray release but it might just be a year or two after Amazon start streaming.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:00 PM   #39
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

After watching all of season 1 and half of season 2 on Amazon Prime in 1080p HD I came to find out both seasons were available in 2160p UHD
Old 10-03-2018, 01:09 PM   #40
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
After watching all of season 1 and half of season 2 on Amazon Prime in 1080p HD I came to find out both seasons were available in 2160p UHD
Didn't realise it was available in UHD, its just 1080p on Netflix.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America