Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Logan 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 hr ago
Gremlins 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99

Terminator 2: Judgment Day 4K (Blu-ray)
$7.50

Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Hereditary 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.00

The Shining 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Pan's Labyrinth 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Us 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology

Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM   #9901
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

OLED doesn't have that issue, with a narrow field of view; horizontal and vertical perspective.
That Sony Z9D HDR model was the real deal, the King of LED 4K TVs.
Why is Sony not making like them anymore...too costly? Because it came with 3D support?
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM   #9902
Retailer Insider

Nov 2009
Scarsdale, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Damn, so the ZG9 doesn't even have the per-LED backlight control of the ZD9? It's no wonder it presents more blooming which still amazes me about the ZD9, I mean it's not perfect and still has certain torture tests that trip it up, but simply showing subtitles on a dark screen isn't one of them. And look at how the image still visibly degrades when off-axis anyway, that X-Wide Angle thing is a total waste of time.
I totally agree with the exception of off axis, which is very very good on the 2019 8K HDR Z9G.
Thanks given by:
LordoftheRings (Today)
Old Yesterday, 11:24 PM   #9903
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
Bakersfield, CA

Applause to Flatpanels for a in-depth critique and eval.
Geoff, I’m just as amazed that the led’s are segment controlled. And at 720 it seems like a low amount, I’m guessing it’s to keep the power usage down, esp. for HDR content.

I’m not really ready to convert to OLED considering the burn-in possibilities, this TV gets used for all kinds of content, not just movies.

In the words of a certain princess, help me Micro-LED, you’re my only hope...
Thanks given by:
Robert Zohn (Today)
Old Today, 12:25 AM   #9904
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

I have to lift my hat and say chapeau to Robert and team and crew and associates for the 2019 TV shootout.

* Cake's for Father's Day, with a Martini (olive inside) of course.
Thanks given by:
Robert Zohn (Today)
Old Today, 01:53 AM   #9905
Retailer Insider

Nov 2009
Scarsdale, NY

@gkolb, yes, looking forward to MicroLED, but also Dual Cell LCD and top emission OLED display technologies. Hope to see one or two to come sometime in 2020 and the rest of the new display types soon after.
Thanks given by:
gkolb (Today)
Old Today, 03:42 AM   #9906
Retired Hollywood Insider

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRings View Post
...And get back to 3D. ...
The good thing is that at least cutting edge developers are working on an alternative to traditional 3D displays which one can find out the latest about and see a live demo of the first desktop version here at AMPAS Linwood Dunn theater - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/buildin...ts-62681522120
Old Today, 03:51 AM   #9907

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penton-Man View Post
Even though the following flatpanels contributor is unfamiliar with the cognitive concepts ^ involved, as I’ve reminded folks for years, the human visual system consists of the eyes and the brain - https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...r#post11089290
which determine ultimately how well we see.

So anyway, finally, a journalist steps up – “As for 4K upscaling - object/database-driven or not - we remain unconvinced that 8K TVs can add much extra value to 4K content. True 4K content already looks good and is detailed enough to present well even on a 85-inch TV but these upscaling systems cannot magically add extra details in real-time processing. There are algorithms trained by machine learning that can do exciting stuff but we are still years away from doing it in real-time with 8K resolution. And if the game or movie industry want this to be applied to content in the first place, they should do it on the studio side - not in TVs.

We had a Sony 4K TV next to Z9G and despite limited time we think it was fairly obvious that there is nothing of essence to gain.”
https://www.flatpanelshd.com/review....&id=1559201058

If the tail (consumer TV manufacturers) desire to wag the dog (content providers) in a meaningful way for consumers, they should be pressing the later to routinely capture and deliver HFR (120/100 fps) content - https://tech.ebu.ch/testsequences
rather than pushing higher spatial resolution, again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkolb View Post
Applause to Flatpanels for a in-depth critique and eval.
Flatpanels should do one on the new Apple monitor too, for given the low number of backlight zones for a 6K display, as was said back on June 5th – https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...n#post16483543

if that monitor doesn’t suffer from either blooming or Apple raising the black level in order to hide that artefact, then it’s got to have a pretty magical algorithm in order to qualify as a true reference mastering monitor comparable to the BVM as they insinuated - https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...r#post16498561
Old Today, 03:56 AM   #9908

Apr 2007

Quote:
I have to lift my hat and say chapeau to Robert and team and crew and associates for the 2019 TV shootout.
ditto
b.t.w., the answer to the question I posed to you on Robert’s 2019 shootout event thread where the attendees were mesmerized by all the sharks is –
Fakarava

~ Bob, if you haven’t been there yet, someday even if you don’t dive, you should visit French Polynesia….nice sailing
Old Today, 03:59 AM   #9909

Apr 2007

Quote:
* Cake's for Father's Day, with a Martini (olive inside) of course.
I wait for a funny pic or video from Waboman in celebration of the day.
Old Today, 04:05 AM   #9910
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Quote:
The good thing is that at least cutting edge developers are working on an alternative to traditional 3D displays which one can find out the latest about and see a live demo of the first desktop version here at AMPAS Linwood Dunn theater - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/buildin...ts-62681522120
They get the idea of immersive experience when watching a film, that's good.
They can make 32K and 64K TVs but if it's not 3-Dimensional it is still a very pretty picture of extreme high resolution but flat.
Innovation is in immersion, then resolution.
If you are a movie maker in the year 2020, you film with 3D and 4D cameras.
...@ high resolution and dynamic range.

The film technical engineers today they work with 3D computers.
Cameron was on the right path, others follow in his footsteps, then it all went downhill.

I love pretty colored and detailed moving pictures, I love black and white more, I love seeing thru an invisible window the planet Earth, and the universe surrounding it.
A spaceship in 3D is much more imposing and perspectively revealing of geometric sizes of its grandeur and the space surrounding it with the planets near by.

When watching a Star Wars movie, any sci-fi flick, the approaching ship with the sound of its hydrologic turbines should lift you up from your lounge chair and suck you up inside.

One of these days ...

Old Today, 04:28 AM   #9911
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Quote:
ditto
b.t.w., the answer to the question I posed to you on Robert’s 2019 shootout event thread where the attendees were mesmerized by all the sharks is –
Fakarava

~ Bob, if you haven’t been there yet, someday even if you don’t dive, you should visit French Polynesia….nice sailing
Penton, I've never been in French Polynesia, but I have a friend couple who live there. The guy is a pro diver and photographer, Mike. He invited me in the past; I will go visit with my lover. I dive, but without oxygen.

It's a paradise in the Pacific, not that far from where I am.

Old Today, 04:37 AM   #9912
Power Member

Nov 2010
N. Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
speaking of disc vs streaming. Here's a very disturbing article for physical media lovers.

Sony has proposed the closure of a disc plant in the UK.

https://www.whathifi.com/amp/news/so...mpression=true

SONY's Wet Dream for The World, is to eventually have all media, audio and video streamed pay-per-view/listen, or some derivative thereof.
Old Today, 05:00 AM   #9913
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

A couple from me, in today's celebration ...

20190616_215750.jpg

20190610_114212.jpg
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology