Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Transformers: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 hr ago
Indiana Jones: 4-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$74.94

First Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$7.95
5 hrs ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$70.96
1 hr ago
Stand by Me 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 day ago
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

The Goonies 4K Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$42.50
4 hrs ago
Smokey and the Bandit 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99

Chernobyl 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Mortal Kombat 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
4 hrs ago
Rambo III 4K (Blu-ray)
$7.50

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 05-09-2021, 07:29 PM   #801
Retired Hollywood Insider

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
I have not noticed the grid issue on my 65A90J. Had it now for 3 weeks. Watched several UHD discs, and not one had a grid issue. I know some people do have it, and John from VE has said in a youtube video with FOMO, that all have it to some extent. With some tvs it is quite noticeable, and with others, like mine, it is not unless you put your nose up to the tv.
Well one of my friends in the neighborhood has his heart set on getting the 83 incher A90J, so heíll likely purchase thru Robertís VE store with the calibration package added-on if only for an intermediary Q/C step in order to mitigate the hassle of potentially receiving a poor panel from another retailer and having to return it. Seems there were a significant number of people on AVS doing returns.

I noticed the help youíve been providing owners at times over there, good stuff.
Thanks given by:
Robert Zohn (05-09-2021)
Old 05-09-2021, 07:32 PM   #802
Retired Hollywood Insider

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55 View Post
People on the AVS forum look for stuff to complain about.
believe me, that is not exclusive to any forum, e.g. - http://www.film-tech.com/vbb/forum/m...nema-projector
Old 05-09-2021, 08:03 PM   #803
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Quote:
A lot of C7's and C8's from 2-3 years ago are probably at thrift stores already.

I have to suffer at least 5 years or more until Micro-led comes up to get Sony and Panasonic OLED at the thrift stores.
You forgot the 6 Series.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:06 PM   #804
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Quote:
People on the AVS forum look for stuff to complain about. It wouldn't be the AVS forum if they didn't.
It's a scientific forum; it's totally natural. We take our gear very seriously.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:13 PM   #805
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penton-Man View Post
If everything aligns as to my needs and I get a craving for something new, I may pick up a big boy X95J -

FIRST LOOK: Sony X95J BRAVIA XR TV - YouTube

later this year or next as they’re looking like a lot of bang for the buck. They will likely be entirely sufficient for movie watching at our weekend getaway home and since I watch a lot of sports, superior to OLED for that. Despite OLED disciples constantly bending over backwards to claim the new Sony A90J is so bright and elitist attitudes to mastering levels for SDR, I feel that LEDs still give the viewer the feeling of being there at the game, much more so than OLED, which remains hamstrung in nits at the top end for reality content viewing like a soccer or football match, even when closing the shades a bit on a Sunday afternoon.

Even though I could close all the shades and draw the curtains to make the room into a bat cave, I refuse to do so on a weekend afternoon, especially if my wife or guests are watching with me.
I too am a big sports fan, and I keep track of the scores @ top and bottom.
One TV for all Movies, and all TV watching for another (2nd) TV.

Now I'm just waiting for my second "jab" ... in HD (High Dose).

* Vincent should be proud of our support
Old 05-09-2021, 08:30 PM   #806
Power Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRings View Post
It's a scientific forum; it's totally natural. We take our gear very seriously.
So-called "scientific" forum. Some people take their gear seriously, while some of it is "pretense".
Old 05-09-2021, 08:34 PM   #807
Power Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
You forgot the 6 Series.
The 6 series are probably in landfills as opposed to thrift stores.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:40 PM   #808
Power Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDH View Post
It outperforms the 2019 GZ2000 but let's wait for the JZ2000. I think we'll have another surprise.
Let me make a prediction.

Some that just purchase an A90J, will hear a reviewer like HDTV Test give glowing reviews to the JZ2000, that it's better than the Sony and they will quickly become dissatisfied with what they thought was the best HDTV ever. They will quickly be ready to sell their recently purchased A90J to pick up a Panasonic so they can feel good again.

You heard it here first.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:58 PM   #809
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Quote:
Ha!
Old 05-09-2021, 09:02 PM   #810
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫
Fry's

Quote:

Some that just purchase an A90J, will hear a reviewer like HDTV Test give glowing reviews to the JZ2000, that it's better than the Sony and they will quickly become dissatisfied with what they thought was the best HDTV ever. They will quickly be ready to sell their recently purchased A90J to pick up a Panasonic so they can feel good again.

You heard it here first.
Not here @ forum.bluray dot com; only in scientific forums.
In particular in the UK where Panasonic OLED TVs are available.
Old 05-09-2021, 09:57 PM   #811
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2019
-
-
-

Quote:

You heard it here first.
Best in what way? Every TV has it's downsides. If though we are talking just in terms of HDR performance, we are still a long long way off having TVs than can come close to faithfully presenting an HDR grade that's anywhere close to a 1:1 of what was in the suite.

And when we can get 2000 nits easy, what happens? Will we all be holding hands singing Kumbaya?

Not a chance. The main argument will shift to processing. And oh boy will the trivial bickering be so much worse than today. But fun

Last edited by Scottishguy; 05-09-2021 at 10:31 PM.
Thanks given by:
Jay Mammoth (05-09-2021)
Old 05-09-2021, 10:53 PM   #812
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011
Buffalo NY

The LG 6 series are going for big bucks on eBay, ill never sell my 55” C6 best 3D sets ever.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:53 AM   #813
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:

You heard it here first.
Um...isnít this how itís always done? There are some people out there who literally change their TV at least once a year, all theyíre interested in is the latest and greatest. And as the industry hasnít yet tired of updating TVs year after year after year (unlike BD/UHD players, lol) then there will always be some **** with more money than sense willing to take the latest model off their hands.
Thanks given by:
mrtickleuk (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 12:59 AM   #814
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottishguy View Post
Best in what way? Every TV has it's downsides. If though we are talking just in terms of HDR performance, we are still a long long way off having TVs than can come close to faithfully presenting an HDR grade that's anywhere close to a 1:1 of what was in the suite.

And when we can get 2000 nits easy, what happens? Will we all be holding hands singing Kumbaya?

Not a chance. The main argument will shift to processing. And oh boy will the trivial bickering be so much worse than today. But fun
Kris Deering noted that the ZD9 could show 1000 nit content in “1:1” fashion, but despite it hitting 1800 nits peak at its (calibrated) brightest the colour volume runs out of steam at about 1200 nits. But as a lot of content is still on or under 1000 nits (which I’m not complaining about, given my personal HDR tastes) then it means the ZD9 is still a startlingly relevant TV five years on, greatly helped by the addition of Dobly which overcomes said mapping issues. Without the addition of DV I’d prolly have sold it ages ago but I’ve had mine for four years, can’t believe it’s been that long already.
Thanks given by:
Scottishguy (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 01:49 AM   #815
Power Member

Sep 2011

Quote:

I don't doubt the Sony A90J is the best in most areas, with the exception of gaming features, that go to LG. LG apparently has decided to corner the gaming TV market. Gamers prefer LG OLEDs, videophiles prefer Sony and are willing to pay a premium for it. The Sony gets brighter than most OLEDs while still maintaining deep blacks, shadow detail, and color accuracy. It is that regards that it is the best TV.
Old 05-10-2021, 01:54 AM   #816
Power Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Kris Deering noted that the ZD9 could show 1000 nit content in ď1:1Ē fashion, but despite it hitting 1800 nits peak at its (calibrated) brightest the colour volume runs out of steam at about 1200 nits. But as a lot of content is still on or under 1000 nits (which Iím not complaining about, given my personal HDR tastes) then it means the ZD9 is still a startlingly relevant TV five years on, greatly helped by the addition of Dobly which overcomes said mapping issues. Without the addition of DV Iíd prolly have sold it ages ago but Iíve had mine for four years, canít believe itís been that long already.
Sony has a history of periodically knocking it out of the ballpark. The Sony Trinitron tube TV, the Sony Qualia LCOS RPTV, the Sony Z9D LED and now it appears they have done it again with Sony A90j OLED.
Thanks given by:
Staying Salty (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 01:58 AM   #817
Power Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Not here @ forum.bluray dot com; only in scientific forums.
In particular in the UK where Panasonic OLED TVs are available.
I really wish Panasonic OLEDs were widely available. Panasonic made the last great Plasmas and probably the last great UHD blu players.
Thanks given by:
Kinsella5 (05-14-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 02:20 AM   #818

Jun 2016

Quote:
I kept my 65E6 even after I got my 65A90J. My E6 is still the cleanest OLED panel I have ever owned or seen. No burn in. No banding all the way down to 1%. No tint whatsoever. No grid. No vignetting. It belongs in a museum so people can actually see what a perfect panel looks like.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:28 AM   #819
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
In a van down by the river

Quote:

When they finally get hair numbers 735 and 736 in section 241, subsection 682 of Gandalf's beard in Fellowship right, then we'll talk. Until then it's all crayons.
Thanks given by:
Staying Salty (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 05:28 AM   #820
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Mammoth View Post
The LG 6 series are going for big bucks on eBay, ill never sell my 55Ē C6 best 3D sets ever.
Exactly, because they support 3D.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology