Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat (Blu-ray)
$12.69
11 hrs ago
Annabelle Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
14 hrs ago
Indiana Jones: 4-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$74.94
 
The Transformers: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
Indiana Jones 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96
 
Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$70.97
1 day ago
Berlin Alexanderplatz (Blu-ray)
$19.89
5 hrs ago
Godzilla vs. Kong / Godzilla: King of the Monsters / Kong: Skull Island (Blu-ray)
$32.96
 
Smokey and the Bandit 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 02-20-2016, 11:35 AM   #1
Hellhound Hellhound is offline
Power Member
 
Hellhound's Avatar
 
Aug 2015
Cincinnati, OH
176
4750
624
1
Default HorrorHound Weekend 2016

I was thinking of going to this convention this year. From a blu-ray collecting standpoint, how does it rate? Are there any hard to find or limited edition discs sold there? Do the people selling blu-rays there run any specials?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:00 AM   #2
RodChester RodChester is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
RodChester's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
Illinois
63
258
3135
141
113
Default

You might end up with some bluray deals. I think the main draw would be getting some autographs for your movies. I've been wanting to take my collection to the next level by getting some autographs, but not much happens in my area convention wise.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Britbuffguy (03-06-2016), Hellhound (02-22-2016)
Old 02-22-2016, 04:08 AM   #3
Abby is Q Abby is Q is offline
Power Member
 
Abby is Q's Avatar
 
May 2015
-
-
Default

If you're going for wide released blu-rays, it's kind of not worth it. If you want hard to find bootlegs, it's not bad. In both cases you can talk the vendors into giving you a deal (buy so many, get one free). However, you have to keep in mind the cost to get into the con. Plus, some vendors run out of stock if you go on Sunday (the cheapest day). Plus, Sundays are less exciting in general with less "celebrities" and people.

If you want autographs, artwork, or other horror related products, it's worth it. If you just want blu-rays, you're probably better off just ordering offline and not spending money on a ticket.

I'm kind of debating going myself since I practically live down the street from the convention center. They're fun, but only for a few hours before it gets boring and everyone is just trying to take your money.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Hellhound (02-22-2016)
Old 02-22-2016, 11:06 AM   #4
Hellhound Hellhound is offline
Power Member
 
Hellhound's Avatar
 
Aug 2015
Cincinnati, OH
176
4750
624
1
Default

Hmm. I'll have to think about it then. There are some people there whose autographs I wouldn't mind getting like Elvira, but I've found those types of things at other conventions I've gone to are usually an expensive time suck spent waiting in line. It might be fun to go just to see the sights.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:54 PM   #5
Abby is Q Abby is Q is offline
Power Member
 
Abby is Q's Avatar
 
May 2015
-
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellhound View Post
Hmm. I'll have to think about it then. There are some people there whose autographs I wouldn't mind getting like Elvira, but I've found those types of things at other conventions I've gone to are usually an expensive time suck spent waiting in line. It might be fun to go just to see the sights.
Yeah, I would love to go and get a photo op with Elvira since she's pretty much an idol. Just too expensive. It's fun, but it does get old quick and you can easily blow through hundreds of dollars if you're not careful.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 02:29 PM   #6
Britbuffguy Britbuffguy is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Britbuffguy's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
Madison, WI
3
1188
39
54
Default

I shall be there. All the X-files guests got me, plus old fav actresses like Samantha Mathis, Madchen Amick as well as Elden Henson. A few others.

Compared to the Comic-Cons, HHW is still a pretty cheap convention.

With all the people I meet, con ticket and travel costs....it's still CHEAPER then a VIP pass for Chris Evans or Chris Hemsworth....roughly $600 each...at Wizard Philly.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 02:37 PM   #7
Abby is Q Abby is Q is offline
Power Member
 
Abby is Q's Avatar
 
May 2015
-
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britbuffguy View Post
I shall be there. All the X-files guests got me, plus old fav actresses like Samantha Mathis, Madchen Amick as well as Elden Henson. A few others.

Compared to the Comic-Cons, HHW is still a pretty cheap convention.

With all the people I meet, con ticket and travel costs....it's still CHEAPER then a VIP pass for Chris Evans or Chris Hemsworth....roughly $600 each...at Wizard Philly.
No offense to the actors/creators who attend HorrorHound, but the guy who played kid Jason and "that guy from The Walking Dead" don't really compare to two fairly big current Hollywood actors. In all cases, meeting them is vastly overpriced.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:41 PM   #8
Britbuffguy Britbuffguy is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Britbuffguy's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
Madison, WI
3
1188
39
54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby is Q View Post
No offense to the actors/creators who attend HorrorHound, but the guy who played kid Jason and "that guy from The Walking Dead" don't really compare to two fairly big current Hollywood actors. In all cases, meeting them is vastly overpriced.
I guess I don't see your point. You are aware big Hollywood actors rarely do smaller conventions like Horrorhound correct?

I think overpriced is a dummy paying full price for a Blu-Ray when it will be half that price down the road somewhere. Guess to each their own.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:47 PM   #9
Abby is Q Abby is Q is offline
Power Member
 
Abby is Q's Avatar
 
May 2015
-
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britbuffguy View Post
I guess I don't see your point. You are aware big Hollywood actors rarely do smaller conventions like Horrorhound correct?

I think overpriced is a dummy paying full price for a Blu-Ray when it will be half that price down the road somewhere. Guess to each their own.
Paying to meet people is just one of those things I always found absurd, regardless of how famous they are. But I tend not to idolize individuals. It's fun meeting people and having stories (I have a few), but at the end of the day it's like, "Who cares?" If people get enjoyment out of it, great, but I don't really see the appeal in paying hundreds of dollars for any autograph.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
FatalSpiderbite (08-12-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 02:06 PM   #10
Hellhound Hellhound is offline
Power Member
 
Hellhound's Avatar
 
Aug 2015
Cincinnati, OH
176
4750
624
1
Default

I have obtained a few autographs in the past from minor celebrities but usually paid < $30. As I've I gotten older I admit the idea of something being special just because a celebrity signed it is fading.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:11 PM   #11
Abby is Q Abby is Q is offline
Power Member
 
Abby is Q's Avatar
 
May 2015
-
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellhound View Post
I have obtained a few autographs in the past from minor celebrities but usually paid < $30. As I've I gotten older I admit the idea of something being special just because a celebrity signed it is fading.
Same. It's better just to have stories to tell by meeting these people, which is actually free. However, you may upset them if they have a line of people and you don't have them sign anything.

I will not be there this weekend. I actually have today and tomorrow off, but eh. I'd rather stay home and watch Game of Thrones.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:30 PM   #12
Evil Evil is offline
Contributor
 
Evil's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
USA 🦅
5
-
-
-
-
-
101
107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby is Q View Post
Same. It's better just to have stories to tell by meeting these people, which is actually free. However, you may upset them if they have a line of people and you don't have them sign anything.
And then you may have an even better story to tell.

If you survive to tell the tale.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:16 PM   #13
Hellhound Hellhound is offline
Power Member
 
Hellhound's Avatar
 
Aug 2015
Cincinnati, OH
176
4750
624
1
Default

Yeah, I'm probably going to skip this too. The last 2 weeks have been lousy and I'd probably rather just chill at home or go see a movie.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Conventions and Events


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:58 AM.