Best SteelBook Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
RahXephon: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99
1 day ago
Star Trek: Lower Decks Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99
3 hrs ago
Whisper of the Heart (Blu-ray)
$15.72
 
12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Blu-ray)
$23.30
 
Coming to America 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
The Dark Knight (Blu-ray)
$10.25
1 day ago
Terminator Genisys (Blu-ray)
$10.99
1 day ago
Rawhead Rex (Blu-ray)
$24.35
 
Dragon Ball Z: Season 9 (Blu-ray)
$36.99
1 day ago
Shooter (Blu-ray)
$10.49
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 01:40 AM   #21
crashkelly crashkelly is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
crashkelly's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Great White North
31
449
134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconde View Post
our ears are awaiting a response from THE ONE...
and THE ONE is here to enlighten the masses .....

Hold the stelbook with the front cover face up and gently shake the case until the loose disc, or floater, sounds like it has come to rest on the center hub. The easiest way to tell this is essentially that when you shake the case very gently the floater does not rattle around anymore.

Now, put your fingers around the back of the steelbook and your two thumbs on the left and right sides of the front of the case with each of them about halfway between the outer edges of the case and the hub in the center.

Once setup in this configuration, begin to compress the steelbook between your fingers and thumbs. The steelbook will flex and deform, but it will not permanently bend. When you feel like you have compressed the steelbook enough, compress it a little more and your disc should reseat. You may or may not hear a slight click when the dsc reseats, but this depends on the case itself and the hub.

That is it

It will take you a few tries to master it, it took me about 10 or 15 tries before I got my first one to reseat, but once you get it, you get it. Now, about 75% of the time I can get it on the first try and of the ones that do not reseat on the first try, about 99% go on the second.

Again, I must stress to you, that although it looks and feels like you are going to damage the steelbook, you will not, or at least to this point I have not and I have probably done about 25 of them.

This is a great trick as I, like tiger and I am sure a few others, have replaced a steelbook because the one that I received had a floater.

You have now been enlighten, go forth and spread the word of the steel ......

Cheers and good luck my friends
CrashKelly
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
RogueKnite (03-12-2018)
Old 09-16-2009, 01:44 AM   #22
tiger_qc tiger_qc is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
tiger_qc's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Quebec City, Canada
69
136
1367
221
86
73
84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconde View Post
our ears are awaiting a response from THE ONE...
I will quote crashkelly he teached me that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkelly
Hold the stelbook with the front cover face up and gently shake the case until the loose disc, or floater, sounds like it has come to rest on the center hub. The easiest way to tell this is essentially that when you shake the case very gently the floater does not rattle around anymore.

Now, put your fingers around the back of the steelbook and your two thumbs on the left and right sides of the front of the case with each of them about halfway between the outer edges of the case and the hub in the center.

Once setup in this configuration, begin to compress the steelbook between your fingers and thumbs. The steelbook will flex and deform, but it will not permanently bend. When you feel like you have compressed the steelbook enough, compress it a little more and your disc should reseat. You may or may not hear a slight click when the dsc reseats, but this depends on the case itself and the hub.

That is it

It will take you a few tries to master it, it took me about 10 or 15 tries before I got my first one to reseat, but once you get it, you get it. Now, about 75% of the time I can get it on the first try and of the ones that do not reseat on the first try, about 99% go on the second.

Again, I must stress to you, that although it looks and feels like you are going to damage the steelbook, you will not, or at least to this point I have not and I have probably done about 25 of them.

This is a great trick as I, like tiger and I am sure a few others, have replaced a steelbook because the one that I received had a floater.
It's really easy to do with one discer, don't be scare even if the Steelbook is almost flat it take it's shape back, I've sucessfully fixed all my loose 1 disc Steelbooks but I haven't succeed with a 2 disc yet.

Cheers,
Gui.

Edit. Crashkelly beat me to it...

Last edited by tiger_qc; 09-16-2009 at 01:46 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:53 AM   #23
crashkelly crashkelly is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
crashkelly's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Great White North
31
449
134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_qc View Post
I will quote crashkelly he teached me that.



It's really easy to do with one discer, don't be scare even if the Steelbook is almost flat it take it's shape back, I've sucessfully fixed all my loose 1 disc Steelbooks but I haven't succeed with a 2 disc yet.

Cheers,
Gui.

Edit. Crashkelly beat me to it...
Well of course my friend, I am THE ONE
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:28 AM   #24
tiger_qc tiger_qc is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
tiger_qc's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Quebec City, Canada
69
136
1367
221
86
73
84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkelly View Post
Well of course my friend, I am THE ONE
I am coming buddy have fun while your alone on top of the hill because when I'll get there I ain't leaving.

Cheers,
Gui.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:47 AM   #25
crashkelly crashkelly is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
crashkelly's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Great White North
31
449
134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_qc View Post
I am coming buddy have fun while your alone on top of the hill because when I'll get there I ain't leaving.

Cheers,
Gui.
Oh trust me tiger, I am having a blast my friend, and thanks for being such a good sport about it. I know you are coming tiger, and fast too. When the time comes to allow you to take the crown, I will peacefully pass it your way, probably

Cheers
CrashKelly
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:15 AM   #26
kaliraver kaliraver is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
kaliraver's Avatar
 
May 2007
San Francisco Bay Blu-Ray SteelBooks™: (150+)
373
1
252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkelly View Post
and THE ONE is here to enlighten the masses .....

Hold the stelbook with the front cover face up and gently shake the case until the loose disc, or floater, sounds like it has come to rest on the center hub. The easiest way to tell this is essentially that when you shake the case very gently the floater does not rattle around anymore.

Now, put your fingers around the back of the steelbook and your two thumbs on the left and right sides of the front of the case with each of them about halfway between the outer edges of the case and the hub in the center.

Once setup in this configuration, begin to compress the steelbook between your fingers and thumbs. The steelbook will flex and deform, but it will not permanently bend. When you feel like you have compressed the steelbook enough, compress it a little more and your disc should reseat. You may or may not hear a slight click when the dsc reseats, but this depends on the case itself and the hub.

That is it

It will take you a few tries to master it, it took me about 10 or 15 tries before I got my first one to reseat, but once you get it, you get it. Now, about 75% of the time I can get it on the first try and of the ones that do not reseat on the first try, about 99% go on the second.

Again, I must stress to you, that although it looks and feels like you are going to damage the steelbook, you will not, or at least to this point I have not and I have probably done about 25 of them.

This is a great trick as I, like tiger and I am sure a few others, have replaced a steelbook because the one that I received had a floater.

You have now been enlighten, go forth and spread the word of the steel ......

Cheers and good luck my friends
CrashKelly
Man I just tried it and I was unsuccessful and I just went ahead and opened the SteelBook, screw it. Thanks for the tip anyways and it will probably help others though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:45 AM   #27
Arkitect76 Arkitect76 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Arkitect76's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
New York City Blu-Ray Steelbooks™: (75)
113
798
1
1
2
145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraver69 View Post
Man I just tried it and I was unsuccessful and I just went ahead and opened the SteelBook, screw it. Thanks for the tip anyways and it will probably help others though.


WOW...i just tried with no success....but as the songs says, "CANT STOP, WONT STOP!!!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:20 AM   #28
kaliraver kaliraver is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
kaliraver's Avatar
 
May 2007
San Francisco Bay Blu-Ray SteelBooks™: (150+)
373
1
252
Default

Damn, I just figured out how to fix the rattling discs and fixed three damaged SteelBooks that I am going to send to Amazon.de. Oh well, I was going to open up all the Harry Potter's anyways. It will be helpful for next time this happens though. Thanks again for the tip CrashKelly.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:23 AM   #29
kaliraver kaliraver is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
kaliraver's Avatar
 
May 2007
San Francisco Bay Blu-Ray SteelBooks™: (150+)
373
1
252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconde View Post


WOW...i just tried with no success....but as the songs says, "CANT STOP, WONT STOP!!!"
Screw it, sconde it's just movies anyways. Got to enjoy them The way I thought it was easier was to lay the SteelBook facing up and then hold the SteelBook side ways and then shaking it gently until the disc goes into place. After I did that it seemed easier to get the disc to lock in and then I pressed down on the SteelBook and viola.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:49 AM   #30
TopCow TopCow is offline
Active Member
 
TopCow's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
20
849
12
Default

I think everyone here knows what I'm looking for...lol. Seems to be a lost cause, at this point. However, it never hurts to try.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #31
Arkitect76 Arkitect76 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Arkitect76's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
New York City Blu-Ray Steelbooks™: (75)
113
798
1
1
2
145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraver69 View Post
Screw it, sconde it's just movies anyways. Got to enjoy them The way I thought it was easier was to lay the SteelBook facing up and then hold the SteelBook side ways and then shaking it gently until the disc goes into place. After I did that it seemed easier to get the disc to lock in and then I pressed down on the SteelBook and viola.
At first I thought the only way I could EVEN possibly have a chance on fixing a loose disc was to try to shake it around until it seemed to hit the center hub as CRASH explained earlier. Then, with an acceleration of as close to the speed of light as possible, just thrust the steelbook upwards in hopes I can hear a click along the way up... but to no avail

Thats why THE ONE has now enlightened us all...and given the "unwanted" loose disc steelies a second chance to carry out their mission in life...

Last edited by Arkitect76; 09-16-2009 at 03:36 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #32
crashkelly crashkelly is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
crashkelly's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Great White North
31
449
134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconde View Post
At first I thought the only way I could EVEN possibly have a chance on fixing a loose disc was to try to shake it around until it seemed to hit the center hub as CRASH explained earlier. Then, with an acceleration of as close to the speed of light as possible, just thrust the steelbook upwards in hopes I can hear a click along the way up... to no avail

Thats why THE ONE has now enlightened us all...and given the "unwanted" loose disc steelies a second chance to carry out their mission in life...
I can just see tiger cringing as he reads the above.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #33
Arkitect76 Arkitect76 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Arkitect76's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
New York City Blu-Ray Steelbooks™: (75)
113
798
1
1
2
145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCow View Post
I think everyone here knows what I'm looking for...lol. Seems to be a lost cause, at this point. However, it never hurts to try.


WOW I think you are probably right...but dont worry, that's why we are here...we'll keep an eye out for you....you NEVER know....

  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #34
apsmith21 apsmith21 is offline
Power Member
 
apsmith21's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Midcoast Maine, USA Blu-ray SteelBooks™: 112
151
85
Default

Wow, now I'm going to have try this when I get home.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #35
Arkitect76 Arkitect76 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Arkitect76's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
New York City Blu-Ray Steelbooks™: (75)
113
798
1
1
2
145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsmith21 View Post
Wow, now I'm going to have try this when I get home.
which one, crashkelly's, kaliraver69's or mine?

Note: Kali's will probably have the most success rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraver69 View Post
Man I just tried it and I was unsuccessful and I just went ahead and opened the SteelBook, screw it. Thanks for the tip anyways and it will probably help others though.
crashkelly's, well, will come in second, although Im pretty sure it will be the preferred choice

mine, well...I have had 0% success rate so far...

Last edited by Arkitect76; 09-16-2009 at 03:26 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #36
apsmith21 apsmith21 is offline
Power Member
 
apsmith21's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Midcoast Maine, USA Blu-ray SteelBooks™: 112
151
85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconde View Post
which one, crashkelly's, kaliraver69's or mine?
A combo of the first two. Anything that involves the speed of light makes me queasy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #37
crashkelly crashkelly is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
crashkelly's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Great White North
31
449
134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsmith21 View Post
A combo of the first two. Anything that involves the speed of light makes me queasy.
Yes, but if you can get to the speed of light enough times, maybe you can go back to the time when FS Iron Man and DE John Rambo were still in-store
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #38
CdnBlu CdnBlu is offline
Power Member
 
CdnBlu's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada
29
31
Default

I've only had one loose disc so far. I ended up opening it though as I wanted to watch the movie ASAP!

So just to clarify the German MM exclusive Ironman is Region B locked correct? Mine is still sealed but I've been contemplating opening it as the back part of the steelbook appears to have came 'unglued' in one spot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #39
Arkitect76 Arkitect76 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Arkitect76's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
New York City Blu-Ray Steelbooks™: (75)
113
798
1
1
2
145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBlu View Post
I've only had one loose disc so far. I ended up opening it though as I wanted to watch the movie ASAP!

So just to clarify the German MM exclusive Ironman is Region B locked correct? Mine is still sealed but I've been contemplating opening it as the back part of the steelbook appears to have came 'unglued' in one spot.
That's what I have been told from good old victors.... I have been contemplating on getting this one but the region locked thing has me iffy and my pocket cannot take the hit right now...as this one is REALLY getting up there

Last edited by Arkitect76; 09-16-2009 at 03:54 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #40
CdnBlu CdnBlu is offline
Power Member
 
CdnBlu's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada
29
31
Default

Yea I'm not sure if it's worth purchasing again. If I could get it open a small dab of crazy glue would hold that steelbook like it was brand new! But I'm not sure how I could get it resealed again since my FS Ironman is already open...
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Iron Man & Indy 4 Blu Ray £13.99 Each Ltd Offer Region B Deals actionman 0 12-05-2008 09:23 AM
Indy KotKS & Iron Man Sp Ed busts???? Blu-ray Movies - North America graphicwave 5 08-19-2008 03:28 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:57 PM.