Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.93

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Circus (Blu-ray)
$27.37
11 hrs ago
The New Scooby-Doo Movies: The (Almost) Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$30.38

Conjuring Universe Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.48

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Cloud-Capped Star (Blu-ray)
$27.37
1 hr ago
Polyester (Blu-ray)
$27.37
16 hrs ago
Escape Plan: The Extractors (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Perfect Blue (Blu-ray)
$20.67

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Receivers

Old 06-25-2018, 02:52 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.
Default Sony STR-DN1080

Since I saw no posts about the DN1080 I thought I would give my impressions being a first time owner. I bought it from ABT.com and got it on the 14th. It replaced my Sony DH770 and what a difference in sound! Now I know what all the praise about DV and DTSX is all about! All I can say is wow! It was simple as hell to set up and get running. From steaming music to watching movies its been a whole new experience for the wife and I. People can say what they want about Sony's AVR's but with units like the DN1080 they deliver. My 770 was a good AVR but nothing like this. With my new AVR in my HT rack this completes the upgrades for me in 2018 and for the forseeable future. In 2018 I got new speakers, a new 4k Blu ray player, a new tv and my AVR rounds it all out. I am happy and satisfied. Now its onto building up my 4k and Blu ray library which is growing by the day.

Thanks given by:
Darth Vicious (06-27-2018), Ianzombie (07-01-2018), staubitz (07-14-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 11:42 PM   #2

Nov 2011
Chile , Santiago.

Hello, if there was a topic, but nobody writes a long time ago, I have the same receiver and it is spectacular, I also know that there are better, but with this receiver I am more than happy, I am from Chile and it is difficult to write messages, but I am in Look for recommendations to configure the receiver even better.
Thanks given by:
Darth Vicious (01-06-2019)
Old 07-14-2018, 06:27 PM   #3

Feb 2017

There is a thread on the STR-DN1080 on the first page but there haven't been any new posts since before the new year:
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=289278

In fact, as the OP I hadn't even posted after I received it and set it up. I have since purchased this receiver and have been using for a while now. I have no complaints at all. It is my first real AVR but it has been intuitive to use, easy to adjust settings, and sound quality is fantastic. Today I'll finally be adding a subwoofer I just ordered this past week. I have only a simple 3.1 system at this point, but I plan to make use of its extended functionality as I continue to build my system. I am a happy owner after some initial reservations due to Sony's apparent reputation in this space.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Receivers