Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
5 hrs ago
Dead of Night (Blu-ray)
$19.99
17 hrs ago
Penguin Highway (Blu-ray)
$16.99
12 hrs ago
The 100: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$8.96
11 hrs ago
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Alphaville (Blu-ray)
$19.99
8 hrs ago
Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99

The Bourne Classified Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Vampires (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Posters and Art

Old 01-05-2017, 01:05 PM   #81

Jun 2014
Redditch, England.
Default Happy New Year!

Make mine a double!

A double bill UK quad for two 'X' rated low budget early 70's exploitation time wasters, I have not seen either of these films but they don't look very good.

Sunday in the Country Big Bad Mama.jpg

A strange double bill pairing of the totally unrelated Death Machines and something called Dr. Minx, both rated a teen friendly 'AA' the artwork for Death Machines is predictably much better than the actual film.

IMAG1602.jpg

This one is a bit tatty around the edges but the artwork is awesome, an 'X' rated double bill of 'His and Her Horror!' with Daughters of Satan and Superbeast. Just look at those taglines, 'A Secret Cult of Lust-Craved Witches Torturing with Fire and Desire!' along with the fantastic sounding 'Half-Man, Half-Monster Ripping Helpless Victims to Shreds in his Mad Hunger!'. Why would you not go to see these?

Daughters of Satan Superbeast.jpg
Old 01-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #82

Jun 2014
Redditch, England.

I have already posted a photo of my UK quad for The Exterminator but...

The Exterminator.jpg

I recently managed to buy a UK quad for the sequel, Exterminator 2. The artwork and style is completely different, the original film has a photo while the sequel has some very busy, action-packed artwork.

Exterminator 2.jpg

I also own the recently released UK Blu-ray of Exterminator 2 which comes with a replica poster, as you can see there is a big difference in size and what you can't see is that the paper on the UK quad is much nicer than the thin, cheap feeling paper for the smaller replica quad. The image has been slightly cropped on both the left and right of the replica and the credits are slightly rearranged and placed differently, not sure why.

Exterminator 2 and UK Blu-ray replica.jpg
Old 02-09-2017, 06:35 PM   #83
Special Member

Apr 2015

Just bought a UK quad for Straw Dogs:

Thanks given by:
Trampled (02-10-2017)
Old 02-10-2017, 12:43 PM   #84

Jun 2014
Redditch, England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepeanut View Post
Just bought a UK quad for Straw Dogs:
That looks great, thanks for sharing. I don't own that Straw Dogs quad but I do own the Straw Dogs/Food of the Gods and Straw Dogs/Soldier Blue double bill quads which I think I have already posted photo's of.

So we all know there are loads of awesome quads with amazing artwork for fantastic films but what about the not so good ones? Not particularly good looking posters with dull or boring artwork? The ones that never seem to sell on eBay no matter how cheap they are?

First up is a very bland and forgettable UK quad for the Stephen King adaptation Firestarter which itself is rather forgettable and average as a film. I don't think the photo of Drew Barrymore is great and there are ntoo many dull quotes cluttering the quad up, it's OK but I am glad I didn't pay more than the 3 I bought it for.

Firestarter.jpg

This isn't a terrible quad I suppose but the lack of colour and busy yet bland artwork means it's far from a favourite of mine. Let's Get Harry and Band of the Hand are also two very odd titles for what are supposed to be violent action packed films.

Let's Get Harry Band of the Hand.jpg

I have never been a fan of this artwork for Prince of Darkness, the film is pretty cool but that artwork does not excite me even though it's alright. Sorry about the blurry image, this one didn't photography too well but at least your not missing much.

Prince of Darkness.jpg
Old 02-10-2017, 04:42 PM   #85
Special Member

Apr 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trampled View Post
That looks great, thanks for sharing. I don't own that Straw Dogs quad but I do own the Straw Dogs/Food of the Gods and Straw Dogs/Soldier Blue double bill quads which I think I have already posted photo's of.
Cheers.

I did notice your Straw Dogs double bills. Very nice.

I'm not a serious collector of vintage posters, but I am a big fan of Peckinpah and this film in particular. So, I'm happy to finally pick up this original quad. It's in very good condition. No holes or tears whatsoever. Some minor wear on a couple of edges, but most are sharp. I'm thinking of spending the money to have it professionally linen-backed and framed. If I do, I'll post a photo of the finished job.
Thanks given by:
Trampled (02-27-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 01:26 PM   #86

Jun 2014
Redditch, England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepeanut View Post
Cheers.

I did notice your Straw Dogs double bills. Very nice.

I'm not a serious collector of vintage posters, but I am a big fan of Peckinpah and this film in particular. So, I'm happy to finally pick up this original quad. It's in very good condition. No holes or tears whatsoever. Some minor wear on a couple of edges, but most are sharp. I'm thinking of spending the money to have it professionally linen-backed and framed. If I do, I'll post a photo of the finished job.
Straw Dogs and Food of the Gods is a bizarre double bill as neither film share anything in common such as genre, cast, crew, ect.

It's not easy finding 30"x40" poster frames but good luck anyway, not sure why you would want it linen-backed... just leave it as it is and frame it. I own around 200 or so UK quads and all are exactly the same as when I bought them.

Here are a couple of UK quads for early 80's slashers that both contain the word 'Alone' in the title and both feature eyes on the artwork.

First up is a pretty much mint condition quad for He Knows You're Alone which is only notable for being Tom Hank's film debut. The artwork here is maybe a little darker than my photo shows, but the light and my flash brightened it up a bit.

He Knows You're Alone.jpg

Next we have another mint condition quad for Alone in the Dark which is notable for apparently being the first film produced/made by New Line Cinema as they were going from distributors to filmmakers. I have never seen Alone in the Dark actually but it seems to have a decent b-movie cast with Jack Palance, Donald Pleasence and Martin Landau. Simple, but fairly effective artwork here even though a lot of the quad is wasted and just pure black.

Alone in the Dark.jpg
Old 02-28-2017, 01:30 PM   #87

Jun 2014
Redditch, England.

A couple more.

A bit of 'X' rated Italian action here with Live Like a Cop, Die Like a Man. Just totally awesome action packed UK exclusive artwork here for this, quads don't get much better than this.

Live Like a Cop... Die Like a Man.jpg

You have to look hard to notice it but this was actually a double bill of Live Like a Cop, Die Like a Man and an obscure US made action film called This is a Hijack.

Live Like a Cop... Die Like a Man This is a HiJack.jpg

Guns, guns, guns! Yes, another quad featuring a revolver right in your face here we have the original 'X' rated poster for the largely forgettable early 80's action thriller I, the Jury. Not the greatest of quads but this one is in absolutely mint condition and only cost me 5. I am sure Armand Assante was fatter in the film than he appears in this artwork. I, the Jury was actually cut by about 4 minutes by the BBFC back then even for an 'X' rating, it would easily pass uncut now if any label bothered to resubmit it.

I, the Jury.jpg
Old 04-05-2017, 06:02 PM   #88

Jun 2014
Redditch, England.

A couple more, two UK quads for sex comedies this time. I love both of these quads despite not being the usual type of poster I collect.

An 'X' rated Italian sex comedy from 1974 starring Edwige Fenech better known under the English title Poker in Bed, the IMDb does not even list The Good, the Bad & the Sexy as an alternate title so maybe this is a pretty rare retitled theatrical release from the mid 70's. One aspect of this quad that is lost in my photo is just how bright the orange strips, text and outlines are, they look almost glow in the dark bright.

The Good, the Bad & the Sexy.jpg

I had never even heard of this film before, Stitches is credited to director Alan Smithee so I am assuming all was not well with the production. I again love the bright, colourful artwork here and I am willing to bet the actual film is terrible. Like The Good, the Bad & the Sexy my poor photographic skills do not really do this quad, it's artwork and the colours justice.

Stitches.jpg
Old 04-06-2017, 12:25 PM   #89
Special Member

Sep 2009

keep them coming.
Thanks given by:
Trampled (04-06-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 07:12 PM   #90

Jun 2014
Redditch, England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey1987 View Post
keep them coming.
Sure, I have plenty more.

Here is a double bill quad for the mismatched Western Charley One-Eye and the British horror film Prey which proudly states 'Contains Several Disturbing CANNIBALISTIC Scenes!' although I cannot vouch for the authenticity of those claims as I have not seen it, I have not seen either of these films actually.

Charley One-Eye Prey.jpg

Next a double bill quad for something directed by Pete Walker called Home Before Midnight which I had never heard of and a British crime thriller called Give Us Tomorrow which I also had not heard of, I have not seen either of these.

Home Before Midnight Give Us Tomorrow.jpg

What is the best way to ruin poster artwork? Turn it all a horrible bright pink colour like this quad, that's how. To add insult to injury this quad was originally folded like all UK quads were back then but had at some point been rolled and stored as such so now the quad suffers from the worst of both worlds... it has deep fold lines and just constantly wants to curl up so it's just about impossible to lay it flat. Urgh. I think Lightning Swords of Death is the US dubbed version of the awesome Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart to Hades from 1972 while I have no idea what Crazy Joe is.

Lightning Swords of Death Crazy Joe.jpg
Old 04-13-2017, 01:31 PM   #91

Jun 2014
Redditch, England.

I really like the artwork on this double bill quad for two obscure films, the action film Seven (no, not that Seven...) and the unfairly forgotten British horror mystery thriller Dominique.

Seven Dominique.jpg

I actually really quite like Dominique as a film and find it a little surprising that it's so obscure and impossible to find a nice copy of. Dominique was originally released as the second half of this double bill unfairly playing second fiddle to Seven after which it had a VHS release in the early 80's and since that tape it has vanished here in the UK, it has a good cast including Jenny Agutter, Cliff Robertson, Ron Moody and Judy Geeson and is a decent little mystery horror that surely deserves a great looking Blu-ray release from Arrow Video. I also even have the original tie-in paperback by Ronald Chetwynd-Hayes which uses different artwork and has a different tagline.

Dominique and Paperback.jpg
Old 05-16-2017, 10:53 AM   #92

Jun 2014
Redditch, England.

A early 80's film tie-in paperback edition of The Howling that I won on eBay has just arrived which is as good an excuse as any to post yet another cool UK quad featuring The Howling. As you can see the book cover used the normal screaming face while the quad uses the Werewolf art.

The Howling Paperback Front.jpg

Two films that I don't particularly like and think are overrated Prom Night and The Howling are paired up for 'Murder Horror Shock Suspense Fear' and 'Terror' in this double bill, not one that I would have been in any rush to sit though.

Prom Night The Howling.jpg

I intend to read The Howling paperback soon, maybe it is better than the film? The photo is slightly blurred but the original price for this book was just 1.00 as printed on the back cover.

The Howling Paperback Back.jpg
Thanks given by:
Count Orlok (03-10-2018)
Old 08-19-2017, 10:59 PM   #93

Aug 2017

Hi all

I am looking for the following UK quad posters, folded or rolled no problem, I live in Canada so please keep that in mind.

Invasion USA - Norris
Braddock Missing In Action 3 - Norris
American Ninja 2 - Dudifoff
Bloodsport - Van Damme
Death Warrant - Van Damme
Messenger of Death - Bronson
Rappin' - Van Peebles
Barfly - Rourke

please contact me at

ajb jmdb at hot mail dot com (remove spaces add the @ and . )

thanks for looking

regards
Andy
Old 03-10-2018, 12:40 AM   #94
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2012
41.7325 N, 49.9469 W

I loved looking through your collection! Those are amazing!

Being in the US, quads are hard to come by, especially for the original double sided ones. I spent around $175 plus shipping for my DS Titanic GG quad back in 2013.

Getting 30x40 frames are also a challenge, so they must be ordered online, and it's not cheap. I'd love to have it backlit, but it'd be a costly investment I really can't make at the moment. However, I did find a heavy duty snap frame for it after making arrangements with the collector I bought the quad. There's no way in Hell I would keep this beauty in storage and not on my wall!

I also have a reprinted quad for Fritz Lang's Metropolis 2010 UK re-release.The artwork is beautiful! It hangs above and behind my plasma.

If anyone knows a seller or site that happens to have a mint Nosferatu 2013 re-release quad for sale, any help acquiring one would be most appreciated, whether it be single or double sided.

Thanks given by:
Trampled (05-23-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 07:37 PM   #95

Jun 2014
Redditch, England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Orlok View Post
I loved looking through your collection! Those are amazing!
Thanks for the comment, it has taken me a fair few years to collect all those... and yeah I love the BFI quad for the reissue of Nosferatu and wouldn't mind one myself at all.

To be honest I can't even remember which of my quads I have posted pictures of so it any of these are reposts I am sorry!

First up is the forgettable Zone Troopers, personally I didn't think much of the film at all and have nothing else to say about it.

Zone Troopers.jpg

Next up is a plain but still cool UK quad for the sci-fi/horror film Creature under it's UK retitle of Titan Find, the deep matt black finish to the artwork doesn't lend itself well for pictures so this one looks a lot better in the flesh, so to speak.

Titan Find.jpg

And now for something completely different... the star studded adaptation of the Agatha Christie whodunit The Mirror Crack'd, I am a big Christie murder mystery fan and really like these whodunit's although this is far from the best one out there... and I am more of a Hercule Poirot man myself rather than Miss Marple.

The Mirror Crack'd.jpg
Old 05-24-2018, 09:02 AM   #96
Special Member

May 2008

Hey Trampled, great collection!

How do you store them, folded or otherwise?

I sent you a PM a while ago too if you could reply.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:57 AM   #97
Special Member

Sep 2009

I'm loving the tag line on The Mirror Crack'd
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Posters and Art