Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
American Ninja Warrior (Switch)
$19.99

Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! (Switch)
$39.99

Tales Of Vesperia Definitive Edition (Switch)
$29.99

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Switch)
$28.99

The World Ends with You: Final Remix (Switch)
$29.97

Overcooked! 2 (Switch)
$29.99

My Time at Portia (Switch)
$29.99
13 hrs ago
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince (Switch)
$24.88

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Switch)
$19.99

Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Switch)
$32.84

Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden (Switch)
$33.84

Fate/Extella Link (Switch)
$65.52

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 06-29-2018, 06:08 PM   #101
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2011
Asheboro, NC
Send a message via Skype™ to Gold Ranger

I would prefer less damn menu navigation, get rid of Blades and drivers and just give us weapons and make everyone playable, get rid of all the useless commons, bring back the old action/attack select bar, give us a real affinity chart!
Old 07-02-2018, 04:00 AM   #102
Expert Member

Sep 2010
Encino, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
An update has been datamined and apparently they're going to allows us to make drastic changes to the gameplay.

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/06/2...ation-feature/

Wait, so in the next update, I can make my crew gods among humans, while the enemies can get clocked in one hit, no matter the level?
Old 07-16-2018, 09:54 PM   #103
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Best Buy just sent me a Sept 21st date for the expansion.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:07 PM   #104
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Apparently that 10 item customization menu was added in patch 1.5.1 on July 26th but is only available to season pass owners (wtf?). Looks like I'm waiting until September to finally grind through this (assuming buying the physical DLC release unlocks these parameters).

https://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/x...-options-more/

Quote:
Finally, some new features are being added as part of the Ver. 1.5.1 update, but only for Expansion Pass owners:

new difficulty options: Bringer of Doom, Custom (available from System > Options Game Settings, after loading the game). The “Custom” option allows you to edit a maximum of 10 parameters related to battle: enemy attack power, max HP, Party Gauge Gains, and more. If all parameters are set to normal, then the difficulty level is equivalent to playing at the Normal difficulty level.

Here’s the various options available in Custom:

Enemy Attack Power (adjusts attack power, with the power increasing to the right)

Enemy Attack Frequency (adjusts attack frequency, with the frequency increasing to the right)

Enemy Maximum HP (adjusts maximum HP, with the value increasing to the right)

Enemy Debuff Duration (adjusts debuff effect duration, with the length increasing to the right)

Player Blade Combo Buffer Time (adjusts Blade Combo buffer time, with the buffer increasing to the right)

Party Gauge Gains (adjusts magnitude of Party Gauge gains, with the amount increasing to the right)

Player Special Recharge Rate (adjusts Special gauge gains, with the amount increasing to the right)

Player Health Restoration (adjusts party member’s healing power, with the effect increasing to the right)

Chain Attack Damage Multiplier (adjusts damage multiplier gains, with the amount increasing to the right)

Ascended State Party Gauge Use (adjusts Party Gauge depletion, with the rate of loss increasing to the right)
Old 08-22-2018, 03:29 AM   #105
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Got this on the way from Gamefly after they sent me a 1 month for $1 offer

Will go through DK Tropical Freeze First.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:13 PM   #106
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

DK Tropical Freeze came in the day after this so I started this up instead.

I finished Chapter 3 last night; highly enjoying the game

I also ordered the Season Pass; though I thought about it after I might not be able to play the expansion coming if I don't have the game card for this anymore after my Gamefly month runs out. Probably should have ordered the physical release instead.

Oh well. If that is the case I'll just have to revisit it once I do buy the game down the road.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:05 AM   #107
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Yeah the physical expansion doesn’t need the main game but digital does.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201..._prequel_story

Also it seems the physical edition includes a code for the rest of the DLC.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:44 AM   #108
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Out of town for the next two days and itching to get back home and play. I finished Chapter 6 last night and have put in 70 hours. 98 side quests complete.

Love the game, glad that I waited though because I get the extra quests and the QOL improvements that have been made since launch.

The story is really engrossing so far as well, can’t wait to see where it goes. I am sad that they changed Jin’s look at the end of Chapter 6. His white clothes and mask look was awesome.
Old 09-09-2018, 02:07 PM   #109
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Finished the game last night; absolutely loved it and the ending was ....

Some of the systems are a bit too much as has been mentioned before and the animation is stiff at times, but it is still a blast to play and the strong story makes up for any shortfalls for me. It's not that it is a new type of story that we've never seen before, but the emotional development of the characters is so good that it really gives it that extra oomph. Easily one of my favorite games in the last 10 years and possibly ever.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:11 PM   #110
Banned

Jun 2012
Denmark

Did you get all the blades?
Old 09-09-2018, 07:07 PM   #111
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Nope; I have 10-15 of the rare blades. I went through the side quests for some of them that I liked but I use Pyra/Mythra for 100% of the fights so I didn't get too much into chasing other blades once I had a strong set up for my other driver (Morag).
Old 09-18-2018, 03:24 PM   #112
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Finished the Torna expansion last night. I very much enjoyed it, the updated combat system is definitely more hectic and fast paced but keeps things interesting. Though I do think I prefer the main game’s style by a hair.

The story is interesting and of course tragic knowing what you do going in from the main game.

I did all side missions and finished the story in 26 hours. To finish off the four “super boss” monsters and wrapping up the last few bits on the affinity charts would probably push it to a 30-33 hour experience.

I do wish some of the quality of life improvements from the expansion would be brought into the main game like identifying collection points and such.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:55 PM   #113
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

New update.

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/10/1...-been-updated/

Quote:
A pair of updates have been released for Xenoblade Chronicles 2. The update you get depends on what you purchased. If you only bought the main game, you will receive that update. Your game should be at version 2.0.1. The Expansion Pass, along with Torna – The Golden Country, received a different update. If you bought those, you should see version 1.0.1. The patch notes for both can be seen down below.
Quote:

Issues Fixed

Fixed an issue with the rare blade Dagas, causing the driver he is bonded with to change mistakenly.

Downloading the update will not reset to the original bonded driver.We apologize for the inconvenience, but please use features such as Overdrive to change bonded drivers.

Fixed an issue causing Rex’s outfit to not appear correctly during the ending scenes of the game.

Issues Fixed in the Expansion Pass and Torna – The Golden Country

Fixed an issue with the Affinity Chart, in which completing it did not cause Trust to become S rank, and the completion reward item was subsequently not earned.

After downloading the update, checking the Affinity Chart again will cause Trust to
increase to S rank and give the player the completion reward item.

Fixed an issue with the third requirement to “Meet characters from the Community List” for receiving Jin’s Affinity Reward, “Mineralogy.” This issue prevented characters that had been met in event scenes or cut scenes to not be counted as “met” unless the player talked to them outside those scenes.

This applied to the characters Popolo, Onyx, Kaleena, and Leo.
After downloading the update, if you have already viewed the necessary event or cut
scenes, these characters will automatically be counted as “met.”

Added a help message to the quest “A Rare Sense of Justice” that will appear when conditions to advance the quest have not been met.

Fixed an issue when performing a Chain Attack that temporarily prevented character selection after a “round” of attacks had been completed.

Fixed an issue causing a character switch to take too long when selecting Brighid for a Chain Attack after she had used her Confining Flames ability.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:04 PM   #114
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

It also took an enternity to download a small patch.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:48 PM   #115
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Just finally got around to figuring out the custom difficulty options with this one. I had bought both XC2 and Torna physical. Torna includes the Season Pass as a code. I had both installed and the code redeemed but could never find the custom options. What you have to do is claim all of the DLC items in game (most of which you don't get until later in the story) and then the custom menu appears for difficulty.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:09 AM   #116
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012

I did just finish Torna this week, and really enjoyed that game despite some tedious forced side quests.

I was able to find the main game for a bit of a discount, and since I liked Torna and already have a code for all the DLC (the custom difficulty seems really cool, I wished more games did things like that), ordered that. I hear the combat isn’t as good as in Torna and I doubt I will actually complete the main quest with it being 70 hours+ apparently, but looking forward to exploring the world and characters a bit more.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:45 AM   #117

Apr 2019

I got both the main game and its prequel today as a late birthday gift.
Thanks given by:
blahsi (04-25-2019)
Old 05-27-2019, 01:40 AM   #118
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Putting some time into this recently. There’s so much anime is happening in this game during cutscenes. Music and vistas are great. Battle system is confusing as all hell. I just press buttons at the prompts.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:36 AM   #119
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Much easier with turning off the button prompts for bonus damage or whatever and set the special moves to auto success. That way you can just focus on combos and charging your arts.
Old 05-27-2019, 04:12 AM   #120
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2011
Asheboro, NC
Send a message via Skype™ to Gold Ranger

I prefer the combat system in the first two.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch