Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$59.99
 
Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
5 hrs ago
Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Gremlins 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
 
Dark Phoenix (Blu-ray)
$22.99
 
Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.59
 
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
Terminator 2: Judgment Day 4K (Blu-ray)
$7.50
 
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$53.99
 
Detour (Blu-ray)
$17.24
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2019, 11:10 PM   #61
rdm5777 rdm5777 is offline
Expert Member
 
rdm5777's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
11
423
94
40
36
Default

This is a pass for me. I don't see any reason to bother with this at launch.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:32 AM   #62
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Apr 2011
England
17
562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Good summary, I agree, mostly.

Remember this is Gen 1. Google will evolve this tech as countries/territories across the world get better net. While most 3rd party devs/pubs are fully on board with this streaming future, console gaming will always be there in some form. I think it’s a question of long term impact on the gaming industry & how convenience will over shadow its console competitors. Especially when this tech evolves.

Sony can sell you their exclusives on their consoles alone. Fine, all good right? Then 3rd party AAA games come out that are too taxing on next-gen hardware wether it be CPU/GPU, FPS, Memory management, load speeds etc etc etc..... So then that game is released & is literally impossible to port to a PS5. It automatically becomes “exclusive” to Google.
Showing my age (43) but this Google thing seems to be moving away from traditional gaming and leaving traditionalists behind.nbi know things always change but I feel it’s getting further and further away from me. I love to sit and play a single player game from start to finish. I have played many multiplayer games (COD multiple versions, FIFA, GTA5) and had a load of fun but my best memories seem to be single player games. Seeing my first HD game on Xbox (Oblivion), coming across a enemy hiding in a locker in Condemned and nearly falling off my chair, crashing into multiple cars after flying through the air in GTA only to be approached by around 10 police cars and having a mass shootout on a bridge, finally completing Bloodbourne and easilly my best moment, playing VR for the first time.

Do any of you guys feel the same or do you think those things still have a future?

I feel old!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:37 AM   #63
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Apr 2011
England
17
562
Default

I wonder how glasses AR and VR are going to to in with Stadia. I imagine the appeal of a giant floating screen in AR is very appealing. Of course it would also allow side viewing of stats and other streamers videos. it seems tailor made for this new age vision (sigh) from Google.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:50 AM   #64
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
3255
7
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Showing my age (43) but this Google thing seems to be moving away from traditional gaming and leaving traditionalists behind.nbi know things always change but I feel it’s getting further and further away from me. I love to sit and play a single player game from start to finish. I have played many multiplayer games (COD multiple versions, FIFA, GTA5) and had a load of fun but my best memories seem to be single player games. Seeing my first HD game on Xbox (Oblivion), coming across a enemy hiding in a locker in Condemned and nearly falling off my chair, crashing into multiple cars after flying through the air in GTA only to be approached by around 10 police cars and having a mass shootout on a bridge, finally completing Bloodbourne and easilly my best moment, playing VR for the first time.

Do any of you guys feel the same or do you think those things still have a future?

I feel old!
Yeah I think single player games resinate more for me over time. Multiplayer games have their fun but are not as memorable from their content, more are memorable from your interactions with other players.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
BlueberryWaffles (03-25-2019), Steedeel (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 04:17 AM   #65
x7q3 x7q3 is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2018
Default

Is Cloud-Based Streaming Video Games’ Future?

https://www.gameinformer.com/index.p...o-games-future
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:08 AM   #66
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
3255
7
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7q3 View Post
Is Cloud-Based Streaming Video Games’ Future?

https://www.gameinformer.com/index.p...o-games-future
The service is rumoured to be free.

Games are the only entry fee besides a cromecast.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:30 AM   #67
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Apr 2011
England
17
562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Yeah I think single player games resinate more for me over time. Multiplayer games have their fun but are not as memorable from their content, more are memorable from your interactions with other players.
Yeah, I would agree with that. Had some good times with COD MW3 back in the day. Like you say, it was all about the interactions. Always remember one guy who I think thought it was all real. He was barking out orders to his team and shouting “cover me, cover me” and “give cover fire!”. I couldn’t play for laughing. Especially when he was getting picked off by a sniper every 50 seconds or so.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 12:27 PM   #68
Petra_Kalbrain Petra_Kalbrain is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Petra_Kalbrain's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC
1
527
3
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Yeah, I would agree with that. Had some good times with COD MW3 back in the day. Like you say, it was all about the interactions. Always remember one guy who I think thought it was all real. He was barking out orders to his team and shouting “cover me, cover me” and “give cover fire!”. I couldn’t play for laughing. Especially when he was getting picked off by a sniper every 50 seconds or so.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 03:59 PM   #69
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Apr 2011
England
17
562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
Classic!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Petra_Kalbrain (03-26-2019)
Old 03-26-2019, 04:33 AM   #70
heyadol heyadol is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2014
2
75
3
35
70
1083
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
The service is rumoured to be free.
With Google, doesn't free mean they are collecting a ridiculous amount of data to monetize users and improve ai?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:21 AM   #71
Batman90 Batman90 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Batman90's Avatar
 
Aug 2017
Gotham City
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
The service is rumoured to be free.

Games are the only entry fee besides a cromecast.
Nothing in life is free.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:51 AM   #72
Talal86 Talal86 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Talal86's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
49
176
3
71
Default

By free, he meant there’s no subscription or entry fee, you just pay for the games
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Derb (03-26-2019)
Old 03-26-2019, 07:01 AM   #73
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
3255
7
2
51
Default

Also saw a leaked photo from the storefront but it appears to be photoshopped. What was interesting about the games shown were games that had gone through a complete cycling of updates meaning they were older titles with no future updates. I don’t know how good Google would handle Live Service games with weekly bug fixes. They should be able to tackle that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 08:30 PM   #74
GD1080 GD1080 is offline
Junior Member
 
Apr 2019
Default

I think Stadia will be successful as long as Google sticks with it. They've been known to abandon projects with no notice.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:12 AM   #75
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
3255
7
2
51
Default

WiFi 6

Are you watching Google?

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 06:05 PM   #76
heyadol heyadol is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2014
2
75
3
35
70
1083
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
WiFi 6

Are you watching Google?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx5-T8ZwxbU
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Derb (05-05-2019)
Old 05-19-2019, 05:08 PM   #77
heyadol heyadol is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2014
2
75
3
35
70
1083
10
Default

https://www.techspot.com/news/80137-...vega-gpus.html

Aside from performance limitations if this is accurate, I wonder if stadia will have ads like the little ones that appear on your screen during YouTube videos or the “your content will begin in 5 seconds” type?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 03:04 AM   #78
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
3255
7
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyadol View Post
https://www.techspot.com/news/80137-...vega-gpus.html

Aside from performance limitations if this is accurate, I wonder if stadia will have ads like the little ones that appear on your screen during YouTube videos or the “your content will begin in 5 seconds” type?
Within the YouTube launch of the game video you are clicking on, Yes.

How often they ad during gameplay is up to the streamer I would guess.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:19 PM   #79
Mavrick Mavrick is online now
Gaming Moderator
 
Mavrick's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Wales
121
52
798
5
1
Default

Good to see Google Cloud is suffering an outage. Thank god we haven't bought all our games on a cloud platform am I right?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 10:20 AM   #80
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
3255
7
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Good to see Google Cloud is suffering an outage. Thank god we haven't bought all our games on a cloud platform am I right?
Google goes down in a few areas in the US & Europe for an hour & people lose their minds!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:42 PM.