Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Spider-Man Trilogy 4K Origins Collection (Blu-ray)
C$26.99
9 hrs ago
Mortal Engines 4K (Blu-ray)
C$16.99

Mortal Engines (Blu-ray)
C$12.99

Green Book (Blu-ray)
C$12.99

Dumbo 4K (Blu-ray)
C$29.96

Welcome to Marwen (Blu-ray)
C$8.99

Attack on Titan: Season 3 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
C$36.99

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (Blu-ray)
C$26.99

Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
C$16.99

Hunter × Hunter: Volume 6 (Blu-ray)
C$42.99
21 hrs ago
Cinderella 4K (Blu-ray)
C$29.96
21 hrs ago
Fighting with My Family (Blu-ray)
C$16.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Old 12-25-2016, 12:05 PM   #41

Apr 2009
Moncton, NB, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg View Post
Hmm.. I thought I read somewhere that EB was selling the PS4 for $299.99
WalMart (canada) is selling it at $299
Thanks given by:
GreatGreg (12-26-2016)
Old 12-25-2016, 04:18 PM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

Most of their prices are higher than they were selling the same games for on Black Friday. Where is the logic in that? Will probably pick up Steep even though I prefer fast arcadey snowboarding games and have a feeling Steep might bore me.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:43 AM   #43

Jun 2016
The dot in the distance.

Why would retailers discount prices even more than previously? Everyone who saw lacluster BF prices said they'd wait till Boxing Day. So you either want the deal you can get now, which is going to be higher, or you don't buy. Retailers have figured this out and probably make more money on BD than BF because Canadians think by waiting they will save more. Even though the dollar is shit and the US is becoming a homo-xenophobic police state.
Old 12-27-2016, 02:56 PM   #44
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Went to 1 EB Games 2 hours after opening and there was no line up. Was one of the first 50 customers so I was able to get a free Pop which ended up being broken so I have to go back and exchange it.

Decided later in the day to go to 2 different stores to do the trade in deals for BF1 and Call of Duty but big mistake. There were line ups out the door and I'm not sure why as everything that was on sale could be had for cheaper or the same price elsewhere.
Old 12-27-2016, 04:11 PM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Hellcat View Post
Why would retailers discount prices even more than previously? Everyone who saw lacluster BF prices said they'd wait till Boxing Day. So you either want the deal you can get now, which is going to be higher, or you don't buy. Retailers have figured this out and probably make more money on BD than BF because Canadians think by waiting they will save more. Even though the dollar is shit and the US is becoming a homo-xenophobic police state.
Unless I am missing something or a post got deleted nobody mentioned expecting prices to be lower than Black Friday so all I can assume is that was in reply to me which isn't what I meant. I said there is no logic in them charging more Boxing Week than Black Friday not that they should have reduced the prices even further. I agree that when there is only a month difference they should feel no pressure to reduce prices even further. So with games like Titanfall 2 where they have the same price they had Black Friday I see no issue with that. But Skyrim for example was $39.99 at EB Black Friday and their Boxing Week price is $54.99. So I was saying stuff like that makes no sense. Not putting it on sale at all for Boxing Week and just keeping the normal $79.99 price would actually have made more sense to me. Best Buy and Wal-Mart at worst have the same prices they had Black Friday which you would think EB would do too but for no apparent reason they went with higher prices for some games. Your point that they can trap people that waited for Boxing Week doesn't work when the competition isn't doing the same and as a result have better prices as zeze said above.

Oh and by the way Wal-Mart do have a lot of prices lower than Black Friday. Games like previously mentioned Skyrim, Gears of War 4, the Bioshock Collection, Mafia 3 and others are priced at $29.96 for Boxing Week and none of those were lower than $39.96 Black Friday as well as others that are $39.96 that were $49.96. So there are better deals around for people that did hold out on Black Friday and your logic doesn't really work even though on paper I guess I can see how that could work for them. Although at this point regardless of prices on Black Friday vs. Boxing Week I would think Black Friday would actually be the one that makes stores more money. People being able to save on Christmas presents has more appeal to a lot of parents and stuff I am sure. While Boxing Week is just more tradition at this point. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if we start seeing stores have Black Friday sales and completely skip Boxing Week. Based on the Costco thread it sounds like that has already started actually.

That being said after going to EB yesterday for my free Funko and Steep I did clue in to the logic they probably used. Like usual the staff are being forced to really push used sales (Normally they don't give their usual pitch with me since they know me but the district manager was at the location I go to watching them like a hawk so they had to this time) instead of new sales so making the new games less appealing to make the used sales seem more appealing does have some logic behind it I guess. But really all I see them accomplishing is making Wal-Mart or Best Buy more appealing. I buy 95% of my games at EB normally but even I ended up mostly buying games at Wal-Mart yesterday which on the flip side I usually avoid.

Last edited by Hayabusa85; 12-27-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:19 PM   #46

Jun 2016
The dot in the distance.

Retailers are hip to the way Canadians now view the American influenced Black Friday sale along with Boxing Day. There are items that go on sale for BF but will return to normal or even go higher for BD. Some new items will be discounted on BD that weren't on BF. But overall retailers know if they have good (to them and most general consumers) deals on BF that people will either buy then or their "I'll wait for a better deal on BD" attitude will see a higher price staring them in the face and the consumer still likely buys.

Many items at many retailers have followed this practice for the past 2 years. Everyone groans about the deals not being as good as before but that's not really true. The deals are there, just not when you want or expect them to be. Yet people are still buying.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:53 PM   #47
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

Quote:
Retailers are hip to the way Canadians now view the American influenced Black Friday sale along with Boxing Day. There are items that go on sale for BF but will return to normal or even go higher for BD. Some new items will be discounted on BD that weren't on BF. But overall retailers know if they have good (to them and most general consumers) deals on BF that people will either buy then or their "I'll wait for a better deal on BD" attitude will see a higher price staring them in the face and the consumer still likely buys.

Many items at many retailers have followed this practice for the past 2 years. Everyone groans about the deals not being as good as before but that's not really true. The deals are there, just not when you want or expect them to be. Yet people are still buying.
Do you even read posts before you reply? If what you were saying were true then why would Best Buy and Wal-Mart have the same deals for their games or better prices (Especially Wal-Mart)? EB are just more hip to Canadians than them? But your logic doesn't even work with EB when some games are the same but others are not. And do you honestly think that people are going to go into EB, see something like Skyrim for $55 and buy it thinking oh well should have bought it Black Friday? No they are going to laugh at EB, go to Wal-Mart and buy it for $29.96 while thinking they are glad they waited because they saved $10.

Anyway, this feels like it is going to turn into the debate you had with people that never seemed like it was going to end about the Bourne Collection so I don't know why I am even replying. We are talking a few anti-deals specific to EB and you have somehow turned it into all retailers in Canada have waged war on Boxing Week with higher prices so if you want deals buy everything Black Friday......

Old 12-28-2016, 01:04 AM   #48

Jun 2016
The dot in the distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa85 View Post
Do you even read posts before you reply? If what you were saying were true then why would Best Buy and Wal-Mart have the same deals for their games or better prices (Especially Wal-Mart)? EB are just more hip to Canadians than them? But your logic doesn't even work with EB when some games are the same but others are not. And do you honestly think that people are going to go into EB, see something like Skyrim for $55 and buy it thinking oh well should have bought it Black Friday? No they are going to laugh at EB, go to Wal-Mart and buy it for $29.96 while thinking they are glad they waited because they saved $10.

Anyway, this feels like it is going to turn into the debate you had with people that never seemed like it was going to end about the Bourne Collection so I don't know why I am even replying. We are talking a few anti-deals specific to EB and you have somehow turned it into all retailers in Canada have waged war on Boxing Week with higher prices so if you want deals buy everything Black Friday......

You shouldn't start a response with "do you even read" when you clearly didn't yourself. All the rest of your post is trumpeting how you didn't bother to do what you accused someone else of so enough said.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:58 AM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

Quote:
You shouldn't start a response with "do you even read" when you clearly didn't yourself. All the rest of your post is trumpeting how you didn't bother to do what you accused someone else of so enough said.
This all started with you ranting about why anybody would expect lower Boxing Week prices over Black Friday when not a single person had mentioned anything like that. Just like the Bourne incident all started with you replying to zeze when he was posting about a Mondo steelbook not the Bourne Collection and then continued to drag on and on. Soooooo yeeeahhhhhhhh

Last edited by Hayabusa85; 12-28-2016 at 02:03 AM.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:22 AM   #50
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2009
Canada

eb games flyer ads to share
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8673.jpg (96.3 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8675.jpg (95.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8676.jpg (95.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8674.jpg (95.6 KB, 36 views)
Old 03-10-2017, 03:54 PM   #51

Jan 2011
Toronto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
eb games flyer ads to share
I actually like EB Games (well, the ones near me -- might be the staff), but I wish they didn't highlight the DISCOUNT, bolded and red, of the game, instead of the sale PRICE. For example, in the flyer Rabbit posted, I saw GTA V (which I admittedly own digital, but still), and thought "wow, it's finally $30!"

NOPE! That's just discount! it's actually $39.99.

Thar be my two cents, thanks for reading my most first world of problems
Old 03-11-2017, 01:45 PM   #52
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Canada
-

Agreed, EB has been doing this tricky advertising for awhile now and I haven't bought anything there for the past two years.

Not because of the advertising, mind you.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:09 PM   #53
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Apparently EB Games is offering a minimum of $10 trade in value on all PS4 and Xbox One games. That includes the old sports games like NBA Live 14 and Madden 25.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:12 PM   #54
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze View Post
Apparently EB Games is offering a minimum of $10 trade in value on all PS4 and Xbox One games. That includes the old sports games like NBA Live 14 and Madden 25.
i know where I'm going tomorrow. I got like $60 worth of shit then. =P if not more.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:16 PM   #55
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Where'd you see/hear this?
Old 03-13-2017, 11:03 PM   #56
Special Member

Nov 2009
Calgary
Send a message via Yahoo to chaingunsofdoom

Link:

https://twitter.com/EBGamesCanada/st...60095399886848

If you trade them towards a Switch game, you can get the 2x bump until that promo ends in April.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:05 AM   #57
Special Member

Aug 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoofykindasuperman View Post
Where'd you see/hear this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
Link:

https://twitter.com/EBGamesCanada/st...60095399886848

If you trade them towards a Switch game, you can get the 2x bump until that promo ends in April.
Can confirm, traded in Madden 25, Watch Dogs, Call of Duty Ghosts, The Lego Movie Video Game for the PS4 and Alien Isolation for the XBOX One. Paid off Mario Kart 8 for the Switch (which I intend to switch to Super Mario Odyssey when that gets put into their system) and $20 on an Edge card.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:35 PM   #58
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

As of today, EB Games is no longer accepting any sport games from 2015 or earlier.
Thanks given by:
chaingunsofdoom (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #59
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
As of today, EB Games is no longer accepting any sport games from 2015 or earlier.
lol
Old 03-15-2017, 05:00 AM   #60
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Canada
-

I guess they realized that the demand for NHL 2015 is pretty low.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals