Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Lost in Space: Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99
9 hrs ago
Dynasties 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00

Soundgarden: Live from the Artists Den (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Space: 1999: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.76

The Walking Dead: The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$52.89

Game of Thrones: The Complete Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$249.95

The Venture Bros: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$20.97

From the Earth to the Moon (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Lupin III: Blood Seal of the Eternal Mermaid (Blu-ray)
$19.29
12 hrs ago
Westworld: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Endeavour: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$30.94

Sakura Wars: The Complete TV Series (Blu-ray)
$17.99
49 min ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 12-24-2014, 02:41 AM   #41
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Campbell seems really enthused to be back as Ash, which makes me that much more excited for the show! I really can't wait for this one.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:17 AM   #42
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Quote:
“We realized if we made another movie, frankly, it would probably be too expensive. But in the format of a TV show, we could give people exactly what they wanted and expand the character and the story even more.

“Ash would probably have more dialogue in one season than in three movies.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #43
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

Plus I guess with the production qualities and sophistication of TV in the last ten or so years even as a TV show Evil Dead will look better than it did as trilogy of movies, haha.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #44
Power Member

Oct 2012
Auburndale Fl

I am totally excited that the show is becoming real. Too bad I don't have Stars anymore so I would have to wait until Blu-Ray if that happens.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:01 PM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2009

Brilliant interview!

Time to read my scenario, guys. Read my site, the Evil Dead Chronicles
Old 01-11-2015, 12:36 AM   #46
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
With the Television Critics Association (TCA) Winter 2015 Press Tour under way, some new details regarding the much talked about upcoming Evil Dead-based TV show, “Ash vs. Evil Dead,” have surfaced. Read on for the latest.

The series, which reunites executive producer/director Sam Raimi, executive producer Rob Tapert, and executive producer/star Bruce Campbell, will be home to half-hour long episodes, not hour-long as many have assumed. Starz head Chris Albrecht said, “The half-hour idea was their idea. And I can tell you it’s a chock-full half hour.”

IGN caught up with Albrecht, who dropped the following details on them. “We are shooting it in New Zealand. We’ll have to import some cars that drive left-hand and import some signs because it kind of takes place in classic American towns or cities. Rob Tapert, who is the heart and soul of that hands-on producing team, makes his home there and we shot “Spartacus” there and there are great production teams there. We’re looking forward to being down there and flying talent back and forth.”

As for when the show will premiere, Albrecht said, “I think most likely it will be fourth quarter [of 2015]. End of third quarter, fourth quarter, something like that. We’ve got a lot of shows this year. We’re very, very excited.”

In the half-hour horror-comedy “Ash vs. Evil Dead,” Ash takes a road trip to banish his demons alongside two young helpers and his trusty boomstick.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:45 AM   #47
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

Half hour shows. That's interesting. I suppose if the writing is solid, episode running time is not that big of a deal. Although I guess the Evil Dead/Bruce Campbell fan in me would rather want hour long episodes.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:54 AM   #48
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Half hour shows. That's interesting. I suppose if the writing is solid, episode running time is not that big of a deal. Although I guess the Evil Dead/Bruce Campbell fan in me would rather want hour long episodes.
Just give me Ash. Ash. Ash.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:57 AM   #49
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniSol GR77 View Post
Just give me Ash. Ash. Ash.
That's what Sean Connery says!
Thanks given by:
thewerepuppygrr (02-09-2015)
Old 01-11-2015, 03:22 PM   #50
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Half hour serial? That's odd.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:52 PM   #51
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2012
Oklahoma

Half hour episodes could all end on cliffhangers like the Batman Television Series.

"could this be the end of our square jawed hero and his trusty sidekicks?"
Old 02-07-2015, 11:41 PM   #52
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
East of Ale Asylum

Bruce Campbell is at Madison Comic-con this weekend. Very awesome guy! Very much loves his fans. Anyways, while he was signing a couple things for me and the wife. I mentioned I was excited for the new Evil Dead series. He stopped signing and said, "I'm going to New Zealand in March to start shooting. It's gonna be great!" He seemed very excited for this series and was happy to talk about it. We got about 7 minutes to chat with him. He signed my Bubba Ho-Tep Dvd slipcover and Pitfall : The Mayan Adventure (Playstation 1) Manual. He got a real kick out of that! Great day!

As a side, he was one of the very few guests who looked like he wanted to be there. Some of the Walking Dead Actors looked bored, except Michael Rooker along with Billy Dee Williams and Ernie Hudson were excited to be there and went out of there way to give everyone a good time.

Last edited by Talyn; 02-07-2015 at 11:45 PM.
Thanks given by:
SymbioticFunction (02-08-2015)
Old 02-08-2015, 01:58 AM   #53
Power Member

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
Bruce Campbell is at Madison Comic-con this weekend. Very awesome guy! Very much loves his fans. Anyways, while he was signing a couple things for me and the wife. I mentioned I was excited for the new Evil Dead series. He stopped signing and said, "I'm going to New Zealand in March to start shooting. It's gonna be great!" He seemed very excited for this series and was happy to talk about it. We got about 7 minutes to chat with him. He signed my Bubba Ho-Tep Dvd slipcover and Pitfall : The Mayan Adventure (Playstation 1) Manual. He got a real kick out of that! Great day!

As a side, he was one of the very few guests who looked like he wanted to be there. Some of the Walking Dead Actors looked bored, except Michael Rooker along with Billy Dee Williams and Ernie Hudson were excited to be there and went out of there way to give everyone a good time.
That's awesome! Bruce has always seemed like an exception to the old adage that, "You should never meet your idols". Just seems so grateful for his fans and that's pretty damn kool.

Also, which Walking Dead peeps looked bored, out of curiosity?
Old 02-08-2015, 02:33 AM   #54
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Chichester, UK

My (American) wife has also met BC at a US signing. Was apparently one hell of a queue. We have his framed autograph on our flat wall (next to Dario Argento, Donald Pleasance and Clint Eastwood ones) with a "Hey Peggy!" message written on it.

I'm still really not sure what to make of this forthcoming show - 30 min episodes seems far too short and I'm worried that it won't have the innovative and imaginative, highly kinetic camera work that I personally associate with the 3 Raimi films. Will be interesting to see a trailer...
Old 02-08-2015, 02:53 AM   #55
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
East of Ale Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenHarvey1990 View Post
That's awesome! Bruce has always seemed like an exception to the old adage that, "You should never meet your idols". Just seems so grateful for his fans and that's pretty damn kool.

Also, which Walking Dead peeps looked bored, out of curiosity?
Josh McDermitt
Michael Cudlitz
Christian Serratos (she was gorgeous, but oye....some enthusiasm wouldn't kill her)
Old 02-11-2015, 09:31 PM   #56
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter brings word today that Starz has found their co-leads for the straight-to-series “Ash vs. Evil Dead” in Ray Santiago (“Touch,” “Dexter”) and Dana DeLorenzo (“Californication,” “Sullivan & Son”).

Santiago will play the role of Pablo Simon Bolivar, an idealistic immigrant who becomes Ash’s loyal sidekick and believes in Ash’s heroism even if Ash himself doesn’t. DeLorenzo will play Kelly Maxwell, a moody wild child trying to outrun her past and who is reluctantly dragged into the fight against Evil with Ash and Pablo. Kelly finds a different kind of family with her fellow Deadite slayers.

Bruce Campbell will reprise his role as wisecracking hero Ash in 10 half-hour episodes which will air later this year with production set to begin this spring. Sam Raimi will direct the first episode.

“Ash Vs. Evil Dead” was written by Sam Raimi, Ivan Raimi and Tom Spezialy. Raimi will also serve as executive producer, along with Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell. Ivan Raimi will co-executive Produce and Aaron Lam will serve as producer.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:04 AM   #57
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2013
Sunnydale

Welp with this and better call saul being a reality, TV is just becoming such a beautiful thing. When I met bruce it was cool for me too, got to watch all of his films at a drive in and he made fun of everyone for staying to watch his "crappy" movies ha. My signed and framed AOD poster looks great!
Thanks given by:
StevenHarvey1990 (02-12-2015)
Old 02-18-2015, 08:16 PM   #58
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
The S-Mart employee with the legendary “boomstick” isn’t done battling Deadites just yet, and is currently preparing to do battle once again in the Starz original series, “Ash vs Evil Dead“.

Dread Central caught up with Bruce Campbell, who plays Ashley J. Williams in the cult The Evil Dead trilogy, to talk about the new incarnation that will continue the adventures of Ash, with two new sidekicks (played by Ray Santiago and Dana DeLorenzo).

The biggest news to come out of the interview is that Sam Raimi, director of The Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness, will be getting behind the camera for the pilot presentation of “Ash vs Evil Dead” from a script he wrote with Ivan Raimi, Craig DiGregorio, and Tom Spezialy! Sam Raimi will also serve as series executive producer along with Rob Tapert and Campbell with DiGregorio to serve as executive producer/showrunner.

In first plot details:

We are introduced to a nomadic Ash, a figure who’s not only haunted by traumatic memories but also terrorized by the unwelcome continuance of Deadite attacks, which have followed him to the myriad Midwestern trailer parks he’s been forced to call home. In an effort to eke out an existence and in keeping with his previous choice of career, the character spends his days working at Ted’s Superclub as a stock room trainee and, in true Ash fashion, his evenings chasing skirt in roadside bars.

“I’m bringing everything to the table. It’s a feisty version of Ash, who’s grizzled and just wants to be left alone,” Campbell says of the older, (not-so-much wiser) Ash.

With ten episodes ordered, principal photography is slated for this April in New Zealand with a planned Halloween 2015 series debut on Starz.

We should all hope for a successful run as there are plans for five seasons: “It’s an epic tale,” said Campbell. “How could you not [plan for that]? I’m a strong proponent of the ‘big picture’ plan, and we are planning for five seasons.”

If they’re lucky, they’ll get their five season, much like “The Walking Dead”, a show they consider their competition.

“We are competitive with ‘The Walking Dead,’ like, ‘We’ll show those ****ers!’ [Our] Deadites are very clever. They not stupid shufflers. They can mimic people; they can drive cars. They’re a fun threat. They [‘The Walking Dead’] are right up there [though] with being responsible for the current resurgence [of horror].”

Watch for more groovy casting as it comes in.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:18 PM   #59
Expert Member

Jul 2012

Jill Marie Jones To Co-Star in Starz’s "Ash vs. Evil Dead"
by Patrick Hipes
February 19, 2015

Jill Marie Jones has been set as a lead opposite Bruce Campbell in Starz’s "Ash vs. Evil Dead", the follow-up series to the Evil Dead horror pic franchise. The original series begins filming in the spring in New Zealand and 10 half-hour episodes will premiere on the network later this year.

The plot: After the grisly murder of her partner, disgraced Michigan State Trooper Amanda Fisher (Jones) sets out to find our anti-hero Ash (original franchise star Bruce Campbell) and prove his responsibility for the crime. But as she soon learns, Ash and his cohorts may be mankind’s only hope against the plague of Evil Dead.

Jones is best known on TV for starring as Toni Childs in "Girlfriends" and also appeared in "American Horror Story". She joins previously announced cast members Ray Santiago and Dana DeLorenzo.

Evil Dead co-hatcher Sam Raimi will direct the first episode he wrote with Ivan Raimi, Craig DiGregorio and Tom Spezialy. He also executive produces with Campbell and Rob Tapert; DiGregorio is executive producer/showrunner.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/jill-mar...rz-1201376901/

Old 03-09-2015, 11:22 PM   #60
Expert Member

Jul 2012

Lucy Lawless Joins Starz's "Evil Dead" Series
by Matt Webb Mitovich
March 9, 2015

"Xena" and "Spartacus" alum Lucy Lawless is returning to Starz, with a role on the network’s upcoming "Ash vs. Evil Dead" series.

Lawless will play Ruby, a mysterious figure who is myopic in her quest to hunt down the source of the recent Evil outbreaks. The only problem? She believes that Ash is the cause of it all.

"Ash vs. Evil Dead" is set to film on location in New Zealand this spring, with an eye on a late 2015 premiere.

Sam Raimi — with whom Lawless worked on "Xena" and "Spartacus" — will direct the first half-hour episode, which he also cowrote.

http://tvline.com/2015/03/09/lucy-la...-series-starz/

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows