Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Hentai Heaven Collection: Volume 8: Big Sis & The MILF (Blu-ray)
$25.00

Elfen Lied: Complete Collection Plus OVA (Blu-ray)
$66.29

Hellsing Ultimate: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.99

Star Blazers 2202: Space Battleship Yamato  Part One (Blu-ray)
$50.99

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (Blu-ray)
$50.99

Attack on Titan: Season 3 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$39.79

The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99

My Hero Academia: Season Three Part One (Blu-ray)
$50.99

Kmpfer: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$30.99

Hunter  Hunter: Volume 5 (Blu-ray)
$29.99

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 4 - Diamond is Unbreakable Part I (Blu-ray)
$59.99

My Hero Academia: Season Three Part One (Blu-ray)
$38.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion

Old 07-17-2015, 09:06 PM   #41
Special Member

Mar 2012
Florida (Originally Pennsylvania)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracer111 View Post
Yeah, It's hard to find the songs you've heard and forgot to bookmark/like/favorite sometimes because you have no idea of what the name is...LOL

Voca BREEZE has a mix of traditional/more mainstream style songs and other deeper/more experimental songs just to let yo know. I did just hear this beauty that was nice easy/smooth flowing/laidback song:

I'm mainly subscribed to Voca BREEZE because of a quite a variety of songs like these:

[Show spoiler]VOCALOID2: Hatsune Miku - "STOMP THE ENEMY" [HD & MP3] - YouTube

VOCALOID2: Hatsune Miku - "Dreamscape" [HD MP3] - YouTube

VOCALOID2: Hatsune Miku - "Banshee Strikes" [HD & MP3] - YouTube

and one of my current favorites... (thinking this would be the song I'd want for my funeral...considering its subject matter...you can find the original version with subtitles "Kikuo - Chiri Chiri Juusou" linked after the song is finished)
VOCALOID3: IA - 塵塵‘› (second curse) [HD] - YouTube
I like experimental music and I usually dislike mainstream music to a great degree when it comes to english speaking bands. I can't stand listening to the radio lol. I just haven't had much experience outside of the Project Diva games when to comes to vocaloid songs so I mainly only know of the mainstream ones. I am very open to experimentation.

It's funny, I can't stand US pop bands but I'm a Vocaloid fan. My iTunes would probably confuse people. Pink Floyd's "Dogs" could be playing one second and next thing you know "Sweet Devil" is on
Old 07-18-2015, 05:36 AM   #42
Special Member

Feb 2011

Well do I have a few channels for you then. You though Voca BREEZE had a lot of content? Heh... check out Jrharbort channel (mostly electronica and all the many different genre's it entails...HUGE HUGE catalog of songs!Mostly Miku, but there is still MANY songs using other vocaloids):

https://www.youtube.com/user/jrharbort/featured

Then for rock/heavy rock/metal there is ButteryandBubbly (large catalog, but not Jrharbort level large...):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi...0-ukxHaRgf1YQA

[Show spoiler]
..This first one is a Luka song from the VOCALOUD 01 album...extremely highly recommend album if you like the below song!

...and finally the VOCALOUD 01 album...too awesome that I can't not post it! Starts off with an AWESOME "Skyclad Observer" cover...

And then when you are want the next level in music there's Kikuo...(not hidden because it is the next level of Vocaloid music!)

Last edited by Vracer111; 07-18-2015 at 06:29 AM.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:57 AM   #43
Special Member

Mar 2012

Quote:
Well do I have a few channels for you then. You though Voca BREEZE had a lot of content? Heh... check out Jrharbort channel (mostly electronica and all the many different genre's it entails...HUGE HUGE catalog of songs!Mostly Miku, but there is still MANY songs using other vocaloids):

https://www.youtube.com/user/jrharbort/featured

Then for rock/heavy rock/metal there is ButteryandBubbly (large catalog, but not Jrharbort level large...):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi...0-ukxHaRgf1YQA

[Show spoiler]
..This first one is a Luka song from the VOCALOUD 01 album...extremely highly recommend album if you like the below song!
€Megurine Luka€‘€巡Ÿƒ‚€‘- Regret €Muryoku-P€‘ - YouTube

€Gumi€‘- Sacrifice the Humanity €Jiwata Neho€‘ - YouTube

€Kagamine Rin€‘€鏡Ÿƒƒ€‘- Corona (‚巫山ˆ, Warufuzake Version) €Utsu-P€‘ - YouTube

€Hakaine Maiko : Namine Ritsu€‘- Rebound €Ž‘‰šŽž€‘ - YouTube

...and finally the VOCALOUD 01 album...too awesome that I can't not post it! Starts off with an AWESOME "Skyclad Observer" cover...
VOCALOUD 01 - Breaking of the Emotion - (Full Album) - YouTube

And then when you are want the next level in music there's Kikuo...(not hidden because it is the next level of Vocaloid music!)
Just got done listening to everything (except the full album you posted because I think I'm going to get it, I liked the Luka song from it your posted). Thanks for sharing so many songs! I really liked the first batch, especially Ava Maria, Delusion Tax, and Venus. The chorus on Venus was awesome!! And Regret from the second batch was killer! Luka is my second favorite behind Miku. Those experimental ones at the end were cool, the person who made them really went all out
Old 07-19-2015, 05:16 AM   #44
Special Member

Feb 2011

Just ordered 4 Vocaloid albums off Amazon JP... very good prices too, total including $25 in shipping cost was only $75!

I went with the following:
1. Vocaloud 01 (because I would really regret it if it was no longer available to get...and there was only 3 shown left)

2. Xenon-P, Thirdhanded: Recycled Trash...worth it just for track 11 alone since his Used Junks album is OOP/impossible to find plus this version is a little better...
[Show spoiler]Part2 (tracks 8-11, there are also 2 others not explicitly called out)

3. Xenon-P, REBIRTH - Return of the Phoenix

4. toa, Miku

Unfortunately, Vocaloud 01 has to ship separately for some reason... so that's why shipping was $25, $10 just for it alone...

Last edited by Vracer111; 07-19-2015 at 09:01 AM.
Thanks given by:
bmsmcr (07-21-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 11:28 AM   #45
Special Member

Mar 2012

Quote:
Just ordered 4 Vocaloid albums off Amazon JP... very good prices too, total including $25 in shipping cost was only $75!

[Show spoiler]I went with the following:
1. Vocaloud 01 (because I would really regret it if it was no longer available to get...and there was only 3 shown left)

2. Xenon-P, Thirdhanded: Recycled Trash...worth it just for track 11 alone since his Used Junks album is OOP/impossible to find plus this version is a little better...
[Show spoiler]Part2 (tracks 8-11, there are also 2 others not explicitly called out) THIRDHANDED -Remixed Ashes- Crossfade-Demo Movie - YouTube

3. Xenon-P, REBIRTH - Return of the Phoenix

4. toa, Miku

Unfortunately, Vocaloud 01 has to ship separately for some reason... so that's why shipping was $25, $10 just for it alone...
I love Amazon Japan, it's been my go to place for figures and stuff. I just pre-ordered the Hatsune Miku Expo in New York blu-ray that is coming out on the 31st from there today. I'm excited!! The edition I got comes with a bunch of goodies

Old 07-22-2015, 01:30 AM   #46
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsmcr View Post
I love Amazon Japan, it's been my go to place for figures and stuff. I just pre-ordered the Hatsune Miku Expo in New York blu-ray that is coming out on the 31st from there today. I'm excited!! The edition I got comes with a bunch of goodies
Nice! Amazon JP is pretty good especially with shipping - fast! For instance, my stuff will be in tomorrow with using the cheapest, slowest shipping method... Only thing I don't like is when you can't used items that are available because they won't deliver it outside of Japan... so you have to go with third party proxy to ship it to you from Japan.

My favorite Amazon JP purchase (had to use proxy for too...):

[Show spoiler]

One day I'd like to actually go to a Vocaloid concert; anyone ever been to one and care to share their experience?

Last edited by Vracer111; 07-22-2015 at 01:38 AM.
Thanks given by:
bmsmcr (07-22-2015)
Old 07-24-2015, 02:02 AM   #47
Special Member

Feb 2011

Well I forgot shipping was DHL...so I couldn't get it yesterday since I had to sign for it and was at work. Signed the form they left so they would leave the package at the door and finally got the albums in today.

[Show spoiler]

The Vocaloud 01 album comes with a nice decal...the songs are just awesome as well, it's one of my absolute favorite Vocaloid albums.

[Show spoiler]

Toa : Miku album is simplistic yet beautiful release - both in art and the music (case is a nice thick cardboard):

[Show spoiler]

Xenon-P Rebirth: Return of Phoenix album simplistic in artwork...the booklet is nice as there is an avatar next to each song for the Vocaloid performing it. Music is epic Rock and lovely ballads...

[Show spoiler]

And oh does that artwork for Xenon-P's Thirdhanded: Recycled Trash continue inside: What are you doing Miku?!?! And see Rin getting Len back for what he did on the cover!!! Music is just as good as Rebirth: Return of Phoenix...love the album

[Show spoiler]

And these are the rest of my Vocaloid albums I have, other than the Tomita SACD [Vocarhythm is my absolute favorite of this group...and it was just a freebie bonus that was thrown in from CDJapan!]

[Show spoiler]
Old 07-24-2015, 11:46 AM   #48
Special Member

Mar 2012

Quote:
Well I forgot shipping was DHL...so I couldn't get it yesterday since I had to sign for it and was at work. Signed the form they left so they would leave the package at the door and finally got the albums in today.
[Show spoiler]
[Show spoiler]

The Vocaloud 01 album comes with a nice decal...the songs are just awesome as well, it's one of my absolute favorite Vocaloid albums.

[Show spoiler]

Toa : Miku album is simplistic yet beautiful release - both in art and the music (case is a nice thick cardboard):

[Show spoiler]

Xenon-P Rebirth: Return of Phoenix album simplistic in artwork...the booklet is nice as there is an avatar next to each song for the Vocaloid performing it. Music is epic Rock and lovely ballads...

[Show spoiler]

And oh does that artwork for Xenon-P's Thirdhanded: Recycled Trash continue inside: What are you doing Miku?!?! And see Rin getting Len back for what he did on the cover!!! Music is just as good as Rebirth: Return of Phoenix...love the album

[Show spoiler]

And these are the rest of my Vocaloid albums I have, other than the Tomita SACD [Vocarhythm is my absolute favorite of this group...and it was just a freebie bonus that was thrown in from CDJapan!]

[Show spoiler]
Those all look awesome! That's quite the collection you got there, really cool stuff
Old 07-28-2015, 08:21 AM   #49
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Electronic music production company UMAA posted a notice on Sunday to announce that vocaloid producer Shiina Mota (also known as Powapowa-P, real name Ryo Mizoguchi) passed away on Thursday. He was 20.

Shiina Mota began composing desktop music at 14, and shortly after started using Vocaloids. He put out his first album in 2012 and his second in 2013.

The official website posted a Niconico video playlist of Shiina Mota's works.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...y-at-20/.90955
Old 07-29-2015, 02:52 AM   #50
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
RIP...

He created the original song of one of my favorite heavy electronica re-mixes is based off of:

Last edited by Vracer111; 07-29-2015 at 03:02 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:48 AM   #51
Special Member

Aug 2013
Sydney, Australia

Just bought KZ's Re: Dial album to get signed next weekend (along with some other J-Pop CDs to do the same, Garnidelia and tracked down a damn hard to find Nagi Yanagi CD in case I can get her to sign two). KZ and Supercell are my two favourite vocaloid producers hands down and I'm glad to finally have most of KZ's songs legally
Especially Yellow. The album seems to have a different version of the song Yellow but I didn't notice any differences to the original- granted all this time I've only had a remix version on my ipod.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:54 AM   #52
Special Member

Mar 2012

My limited edition Miku Expo 2014 Blu-Ray came today! It's beautiful! I'll upload some pictures. I making an unboxing video too (I'm attempting to get a YouTube channel started) but I'm not sure how it'll turn out and it might be super lame to where I don't post it and am embarrassed

ANYWAY! PICTURES.

Thanks given by:
DJ_dub_XL (08-07-2015), neoz (08-07-2015), Vracer111 (08-05-2015)
Old 08-05-2015, 04:12 AM   #53
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
My limited edition Miku Expo 2014 Blu-Ray came today! It's beautiful! I'll upload some pictures. I making an unboxing video too (I'm attempting to get a YouTube channel started) but I'm not sure how it'll turn out and it might be super lame to where I don't post it and am embarrassed

ANYWAY! PICTURES.
Nice! Would like to see unboxing video, post link up when you have it done!
Thanks given by:
bmsmcr (08-06-2015)
Old 08-06-2015, 11:50 PM   #54
Special Member

Mar 2012

Quote:
Nice! Would like to see unboxing video, post link up when you have it done!
Here it is, it's kind of meh lol, I need to get a microphone so my voice sounds better on it. The whole YouTube thing is a work in progress for me

Old 08-07-2015, 08:35 AM   #55
Special Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Here it is, it's kind of meh lol, I need to get a microphone so my voice sounds better on it. The whole YouTube thing is a work in progress for me

Blu-Ray Unboxing - Miku Expo 2014 in New York (Limited Edition) - YouTube
Dude... I think you did a really good job with the video! Definitely looks like a nice Limited Edition.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:05 PM   #56
Special Member

Mar 2012

Quote:
Dude... I think you did a really good job with the video! Definitely looks like a nice Limited Edition.
Thanks for the kind words man!! I really enjoyed the blu-ray, it introduced me to some songs I hadn't heard before. Parades really stood out.
Old 08-09-2015, 03:10 AM   #57

Dec 2009

Anybody order this? She looks awesome. I didn't even know about it.

http://www.desudaily.com/2015/08/vid...n-hatsune.html

Old 08-10-2015, 09:59 PM   #58
Special Member

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Anybody order this? She looks awesome. I didn't even know about it.

http://www.desudaily.com/2015/08/vid...n-hatsune.html

[Show spoiler]

I really like this one, missed the initial release though. It's still up on a few sites so maybe I'll get it eventually. I have too many figures on pre-order right now though so I need to wait until a few ship lol
Thanks given by:
neoz (08-10-2015)
Old 08-10-2015, 10:40 PM   #59

Dec 2009

^^^

I really like it and want it. It looks pretty unique so that's what makes it more interesting.
If I had the money I'd probably order it but sadly I do not. haha
If you do end up getting it you'll have to post some pics. I still need to find a Miku Pop. They had one at FYE but the box was smashed.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:47 PM   #60
Special Member

Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
^^^

I really like it and want it. It looks pretty unique so that's what makes it more interesting.
If I had the money I'd probably order it but sadly I do not. haha
If you do end up getting it you'll have to post some pics. I still need to find a Miku Pop. They had one at FYE but the box was smashed.
My FYE is all out of the Miku Pop...

Do you own any anime figures yet? You should go for one!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion