Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
My Hero Academia: Season Three Part Two (Blu-ray)
$45.69

Perfect Blue (Blu-ray)
$20.59

Sailor Moon S: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$14.86

Elfen Lied: Complete Collection Plus OVA (Blu-ray)
$66.29

The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99

Penguin Highway (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The Tatami Galaxy: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$39.96

My Neighbor Totoro (Blu-ray)
$34.99

The Ancient Magus' Bride: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$29.82

One Piece: Episode of East Blue: Luffy and His Four Friends' Great Adventure (Blu-ray)
$25.85

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 4 - Diamond is Unbreakable Part I (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Record of Lodoss War: OVA & Chronicles of the Heroic Knight (Blu-ray)
$27.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion

Old 07-24-2015, 06:34 PM   #21
Special Member

Mar 2012
Florida (Originally Pennsylvania)

Are there Vita games? I have a game called Hyperdimension Neptunia PP: Producing Perfection that seems very similar!
Old 07-24-2015, 07:27 PM   #22

Dec 2009

Speaking of Idols ANN has an article asking why they can't live normal lives. The forum for it is crazy with messages of hate saying that it is wrong and they can't be like singers here in the US.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answ...5-07-24/.90830

I mean most of these girls know what they are getting into when they sign up. There are certain rules and expectations when you sign that contract. It is like any contract, rules are rules.
If you don't want to be an idol then quit, simple as that.
I mean look at AKB you can graduate and have a normal life. So I don't see why they are hating on the idol style and fans. It's funny that Americans seem to always quickly criticize a culture before really trying to understand it I guess.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:12 AM   #23
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsmcr View Post
Are there Vita games? I have a game called Hyperdimension Neptunia PP: Producing Perfection that seems very similar!
Nah. That game is more like a parody of Idolm@ster and AKB48. The Neptunia series has always been a parody of other videogames and videogame systems. It has nothing to do with Idolm@ster, but that game is like it. Not 100% considering it's the Neptunia girls vs. MOB48. But does have that whole idol-raising system.

PS Vita does have an Idolm@ster game coming in the near future, but it's just a Taiko Drum Master game.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:37 AM   #24
Special Member

Aug 2013
Sydney, Australia

Btw the JP PSN is having a sale on the games themselves at the moment, both PS3 games and all the PSP games.
I didn't look at the SHINY FESTA prices but the PS3 games were between approx 2000-2500 yen and the SP series were about 1500 yen each if I recall correctly.
Lasts until the end of this month.
Shame my friends won't be playing it with me until next month so I can't convince them to get them while they're cheap but the discs aren't much anymore anyway either.

Last edited by Sylontack; 07-25-2015 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:48 AM   #25
Special Member

Aug 2013
Sydney, Australia

I'll post this here instead of the haul thread for obvious reasons:

The iDOLM@STER ANIM@TION MASTER Namassuka SPECIAL 01-05 CDs.
These are just a few extra songs, most of which weren't actually in the show as far as I recall besides Little Match Girl and Nanairo Button- and then a bunch of cover songs (such as Takane singing Tamashii no Refrain from Evangelion and Chihaya singing Shangri-La by Angela from Fafner)
Old 08-29-2015, 02:35 PM   #26

Dec 2009

So...yeah really wish I was in Japan sometimes lol.

Love Live, Idolm@ster Perform Together at Animelo 2015

Quote:
Two of anime's largest idol franchises joined together for a special performances at Animelo Summer Live 2015 on Friday. The cast of Love Live! and The IDOLM@STER performed fan-favorite songs Wonderful Rush, ~Kiramekira~, No brand girls, and Go My Way!!

Animelo Summer Live 2015-THE GATE-初日、μ'sはアイドルマスターさんとコラボをさせていただきました! ありがとうございました!!! #lovelive #anisama pic.twitter.com/ri6APuKy2a
— ラブライブ!公式 (@LoveLive_staff) August 28, 2015

The event is Japan's largest live concert devoted to anime songs. Three days worth of concerts are taking over the Saitama Super Arena from August 28-30. Today's performances also include AKINO from Bless4, Yuka Iguchi, Kanako Ito, Masayoshi Ōishi, King Cream Soda, Maon Kurosaki, Natsumi Kon, Konomi Suzuki, TRUSTRICK, Iori Nomizu, Luna Haruna, BACK-ON, Melocure, Momoiro Clover Z, LiSA, Ray and Shiena Nishizawa.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...lo-2015/.92243
Old 02-15-2016, 11:30 PM   #27
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2007
California

Ending The Service Of An iOS Game Should Not Be Celebrated, But At Least The Games Are More Affordable Now.

Quote:
The Idolmaster Shiny Festa games are cheaper than they’ve ever been. Bandai Namco will be ending service on these three Apple iOS games. To celebrate the series and end of its run, all three of the titles’ prices have dropped to $3.99 as part of a Service Ending Blowout Sale. Previously, The Idolmaster Shiny Festa: Harmonic Score, Melodic Disc, and Rhythmic Record each cost $54.99 at launch, and their lowest sale prices tended to hover around $24.99.

This The Idolmaster Shiny Festa Service Ending Blowout Sale also applies to DLC. Originally, people needed to pay additional fees to get extra music from the online store for each iteration of the game. All music is now free from the online shop.

The Idolmaster Shiny Festa service will end on March 15, 2016. Song DLC will no longer be available from the in-game store after that date, and Bandai Namco will stop supporting the game to make sure it works with later versions of Apple iOS firmware.

Each one of The Idolmaster Shiny Festa entries stars specific idols. Harmonic Score stars Haruka, Chihaya, Ritsuko, and Azusa. Melodic Disc stars Miki, Makoto, Takane, and Yukiho. Rhythmic Record’s idols are Iori, Hibiki, Yayoi, Ami, and Mami. Each game consists of some animated story segments, accompanied by a traditional rhythm game.
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/15...t-sale-begins/
Old 02-15-2016, 11:45 PM   #28
Special Member

Aug 2013
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
Ending The Service Of An iOS Game Should Not Be Celebrated, But At Least The Games Are More Affordable Now.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/15...t-sale-begins/
Frustratingly, these have never even been available on the Australian store. Luckily I have the PSP games at least.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:37 AM   #29

Dec 2009

Non iDol related.

AKB48 to Perform Regularly at Universal Studios Japan This Summer

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...summer/.102842
Old 06-19-2016, 12:45 AM   #30
Special Member

Aug 2013
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Non iDol related.

AKB48 to Perform Regularly at Universal Studios Japan This Summer

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...summer/.102842
Same as this post, not idolm@ster but idol related.
Got a little tipsy last night and decided to finally pull out that 7 or 8 disc AKB48 Tokyo Dome concert BD box I had hidden away. Simultaneously an amazing decision and a grave miscalculation On Drunk Alex's part, I'm still watching at the moment with all my family home

EDIT: As a result I've finally gone and ordered the music video Blu-Ray boxes, for nostalgia reasons of course

Last edited by Sylontack; 06-19-2016 at 02:43 AM.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:51 PM   #31
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Bandai Namco Entertainment announced on Thursday that it will release a PlayStation VR software titled The IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Viewing Revolution. The title will launch on October 13, the same day the PlayStation VR headset ships.

The title will be set at the Maihama Amphitheater, setting of the "THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS 1st LIVE WONDERFUL M@GIC!!" live event that took place in April 2014, when The IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls anime was first announced. Players will get to experience a performance in virtual reality, and can use a PlayStation Move as a glowstick.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...oncert/.104065
Old 07-08-2016, 12:14 AM   #32

Dec 2009

Oh Lord VR crap. Looks cool but VR sucks.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime > Anime on TV and General Discussion