Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.93

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Men in Black: International 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
5 hrs ago
Polyester (Blu-ray)
$27.37
21 hrs ago
The Circus (Blu-ray)
$27.37
16 hrs ago
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Conjuring Universe Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.48

My Hero Academia: Season Three Part Two (Blu-ray)
$45.69
16 hrs ago
The Bourne Classified Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Cloud-Capped Star (Blu-ray)
$27.37
6 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles > Blu-ray Music and High Quality Music

Old 08-07-2015, 07:52 PM   #1

Mar 2010
San Diego, CA
Default XTC - Oranges & Lemons 10/16/15

Steven Wilson has announce the next XTC Blu Ray release will be Oranges & Lemons on 10/16/15. This was my first XTC album & one I thought would sound best in surround. Info here:

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/more-de...es-and-lemons/

Last edited by rltilley; 08-17-2015 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:21 AM   #2

Apr 2011

XTC is my favorite band and I'm so glad this has become a yearly thing!

Hopefully it stays that way because I'm very excited to hear Skylarking, Black Sea, English Settlement, The Big Express and both Apple Venus volumes in surround with lots of bonus tracks! (I like the first two albums and Mummer, just not as much)

For me the bonus tracks remixed in surround were what made Drums and Wires' release easily superior to that of Nonsuch.

I know there have been problems with some of the master tapes, but it sounds like Oranges and Lemons was in bad shape and that was sorted. I guess it doesn't help if there are some that have gone missing, though... which I think may be an issue regarding some of the tracks.

OH... and "The Dukes" in surround would also be an AMAZING psychedelic romp!
Old 09-30-2015, 10:48 AM   #3

Apr 2011
London, England

and it is in production (pressing plant) as I write this.
Full details and a pre-order link can be found at Steven's Headphone Dust "Classic Album remixes" pages.
Thanks given by:
rtalbothd (10-22-2015)
Old 10-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #4

Jul 2009
Oxfordshire

I've got my copy pre-ordered. XTC is one of my favourite bands, and Steven Wilson always does a good job of these remixes (I love his King Crimson ones). I hope he turns his hand to Black Sea or English Settlement next.
Thanks given by:
nikon76 (10-24-2015)
Old 10-02-2015, 07:57 AM   #5

Apr 2011
London, England

Steven is a genius, no doubt about it - and personally speaking I do not understand why a surround grammy has eluded him for so long - it is well overdue.
He has indeed done a superb job on this mix as well - you will not be disappointed!!
Thanks given by:
rtalbothd (10-22-2015)
Old 10-13-2015, 11:31 PM   #6

Mar 2010
San Diego, CA

Got an email from Burning Shed that this release has been pushed back to 10/30/15.
Thanks given by:
nikon76 (10-24-2015)
Old 10-26-2015, 04:06 PM   #7

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rltilley View Post
Got an email from Burning Shed that this release has been pushed back to 10/30/15.
And now to 11/6/15.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:23 PM   #8

Jan 2012
Signal Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by rltilley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhousetunes View Post
And now to 11/6/15.
Strange. I received an email today from Spin CDs that my order shipped today. (This is the Blu ray version.)

Maybe Burning Shed did not receive enough copies? (Which is really strange since Burning Shed seems to be connected to XTC and all things Andy Partridge.)

Last edited by Franchot; 10-26-2015 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:19 AM   #9

Mar 2010
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchot View Post
Strange. I received an email today from Spin CDs that my order shipped today. (This is the Blu ray version.)

Maybe Burning Shed did not receive enough copies? (Which is really strange since Burning Shed seems to be connected to XTC and all things Andy Partridge.)
I received an email from Burning Shed that this shipped to me on 10/23/15 so they definitely have some to send out. Today they shipped Yes "Fragile" & Gentle Giant "Octopus" so I'll be waiting by my mailbox for a few days.
Old 10-31-2015, 03:28 AM   #10

Mar 2010
San Diego, CA

Looks like there is an issue with this release and the Blu Ray disc won't load on PS3's and people with other Sony Blu Ray players are also having issues. This is a big bummer for me as this is my favorite XTC album & was looking forward to hearing it tonight.

Burning Shed has stated that Sony is working on a fix and threads on the Steve Hoffman forums state that Sony believes it is a firmware issue and also states they are working on a fix.

I've played the cd & it sounds great but there are no bonus tracks on the disc like there were on previous releases.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:27 PM   #11

Mar 2010
San Diego, CA

Here's an email just sent out by Burning Shed concerning the issue:

"Hi,
Thanks for buying this great XTC reissue.
You may be aware of some problems playing the bluray disc on a Sony player. This can affect some standalone bluray players and Playstation 3 models.
We have confirmed with Sony that it is a firmware issue. If your disc won’t play it’s not because the disc is faulty - if you can try it on a non-Sony player you’ll see everything as beautifully as intended.
At the moment the disc author and Sony are working on a firmware fix for the problem. PLEASE DO NOT RETURN YOUR DISC!
Bear with us. We’ll keep our Twitter and Facebook feeds updated and if there’s anything you need to do to your Sony player we’ll let you know by email and on those platforms as soon as we can. I’m sorry if you’ve emailed us and we haven’t replied - we’re just trying to do our best to get the word out as efficiently as possible.
Here is a post from Neil, the disc author, on the Steve Hoffman forum which provides some more info:
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...cation.475683/
Mostly though, don’t worry. This Sony firmware issue will be fixed and you will get to see XTC in all their fruity glory.
We will update you when we get more news.
Bye for now,
Lisa
support@burningshed.com"
Old 11-17-2015, 12:14 AM   #12

Sep 2009

FWIW, this plays flawlessly on PS4. Another great release from Ape.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:10 PM   #13

Mar 2010
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradman View Post
FWIW, this plays flawlessly on PS4. Another great release from Ape.
Still no fix for the PS3. The Yes "Fragile" I am able to play with a workaround option provided by Burning Shed but it won't work for the Oranges & Lemons disc. Really want to hear the surround mix on this one!
Old 05-26-2018, 01:16 AM   #14

Mar 2010
San Diego, CA

Well, I finally picked up a new player and have it hooked up and working. Tonight is the night I finally get to hear this in all of its 5.1 glory.
Thanks given by:
Franchot (05-26-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles > Blu-ray Music and High Quality Music