Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Diablo 3 (Switch)
$37.31
4 hrs ago
My Time at Portia (Switch)
$29.99

The World Ends with You: Final Remix (Switch)
$29.97

Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! (Switch)
$39.99

Overcooked! 2 (Switch)
$29.99

Dragon: Marked for Death (Switch)
$39.99
21 hrs ago
Fate/Extella Link (Switch)
$65.52

American Ninja Warrior (Switch)
$24.34

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Switch)
$21.31

Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Switch)
$32.84

Namco Museum Arcade Pac (Switch)
$19.99

Team Sonic Racing (Switch)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 01-22-2019, 06:36 PM   #221
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

I unlocked all of the characters via Smash/Classic modes, and now I'm gradually making it through WoL with Normal difficulty. I think I only have around 10 of the fighters so far, and 100+ spaces cleared, so still a long way to go, lol.

So far I've had the most trouble with Jeff (Inklings) and Great Fairy (Zelda). Those were pretty annoying. Pauline (Peach) was hard too, but it didn't take me too many tries.

Was also having trouble with the strong winds, until I realized you can weaken or eliminate its effects with the support spirits... lol.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:21 AM   #222
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

2.0 is live with Piranha Plant and a good bit of changers to character balancing.

Full notes:

https://nintendoeverything.com/super...version-2-0-0/
Old 01-30-2019, 08:33 PM   #223

Sep 2017
Minnesota, USA

Fair warning: some Reddit users are reporting that playing through Classic or All-Star mode with Pirahna Plant can corrupt your save. They recommend turning off cloud backup until there's a patch, so there's no chance of the game overwriting your cloud save with a blank save if it gets wiped. It is YMMV, I finished Classic with him last night and nothing happened, but just putting it out there.
Thanks given by:
ctujackbauer (02-01-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 03:32 AM   #224
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueberryWaffles View Post
Fair warning: some Reddit users are reporting that playing through Classic or All-Star mode with Pirahna Plant can corrupt your save. They recommend turning off cloud backup until there's a patch, so there's no chance of the game overwriting your cloud save with a blank save if it gets wiped. It is YMMV, I finished Classic with him last night and nothing happened, but just putting it out there.
Classic too? Well I'm glad I didn't do that then. Yesterday people were only talking about All-Star, good that I read this before trying Classic.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:12 PM   #225
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Stage Builder incoming (probably).

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-stage-builder

Quote:
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is getting a stage builder mode, according to the blurry corner of a new Nintendo trailer.

Last night, eagle-eyed fans spotted gameplay in the latest Smash trailer was actually from an upcoming build of the game - one which lists the stage builder mode on its main menu.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:41 PM   #226
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Old 04-16-2019, 11:57 PM   #227
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA

Joker final render

(Someone found it on Nintendo of Europe's website so it's real)
Old 04-17-2019, 02:07 AM   #228
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Old 04-18-2019, 01:35 AM   #229
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA

The servers now...
Old 04-18-2019, 02:15 AM   #230
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

^ Everyone trying to download at the same time, "shocking" that the server would crash...
Old 04-18-2019, 12:04 PM   #231
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

Welp. Already reported a Hitler Mii and the dick levels (and no, I don't mean Dick Van Dyke) have arrived. I have a strong feeling Shared Content will be patched out by next week.

Swapnote
all over again, which means it is going away very soon. Thanks, Internet. You're why we can't have nice things.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:39 PM   #232
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinys Memory View Post
Welp. Already reported a Hitler Mii and the dick levels (and no, I don't mean Dick Van Dyke) have arrived. I have a strong feeling Shared Content will be patched out by next week.

Swapnote
all over again, which means it is going away very soon. Thanks, Internet. You're why we can't have nice things.
I saw someone on Twitter last night posting a screenshot of the dick level that they created with the caption "couldn’t help myself"

What’s wrong with some people?
Old 04-18-2019, 10:16 PM   #233
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007

Then you've got stuff like this, which is not of naked body parts, but is in poor taste.

[Show spoiler]
Old 04-18-2019, 11:36 PM   #234
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

This is why we can't have nice things.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:44 PM   #235
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

Well, some over-zealous mod at Nintendo is about to lose their job...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ltimate-stages

...It appears stages either titled "Trans Rights" or featuring the trans flag run the risk of deletion - and in some cases their creators were issued short-term bans.

Twitter user Warm Safflina received an email from Nintendo notifying her that her trans rights stage had been pulled offline for "inappropriate and/or harmful content".

Warm Safflina
@WarmSafflina
So @Nintendo has, in their infinite wisdom, decided that this stage featuring the trans flag violates their TOS. #SmashBros #NintendoSwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo
Content you posted in-game has been deleted because it violates the Nintendo Account User Agreement, including the Nintendo Code of Conduct.

Violation:
Inappropriate and/or harmful content
Nintendo has come under fire for this takedown, with many pointing out the "trans rights" message should not be considered a political statement...

And using Joker could potentially crash your Switch:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/04...-some-switches

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's latest DLC character, Joker from Persona 5, is freezing player's Nintendo Switches when they use his Final Smash to end a Classic Mode match.

This issue was confirmed by IGN's own Zachary Ryan, as his Switch froze three times when finishing a Classic Mode match with Joker's Final Smash. There are also many other examples, including a Reddit thread posted by CubingVainGlory, that show the freeze happening.

It appears this glitch is only occurring in Classic Mode and only with Joker, and does not appear to impact any other aspect of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as of this writing.

Nintendo has yet to comment on the issue or release any plans of fixing it, but it's safe to assume it won't be too long before it is all taken care of.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:29 AM   #236
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

People should not mix politics or sensitive world events in the create a stage level design of a kid's video game. Just make something fun.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:55 AM   #237
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Curry View Post
People should not mix politics or sensitive world events in the create a stage level design of a kid's video game. Just make something fun.
Indeed.

Also I wouldn’t recommend IGN or Eurogamer as they are not valuable sources of information.
Thanks given by:
Blu-Curry (04-21-2019)
Old 04-22-2019, 09:00 PM   #238
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007

I'll have to post some specific codes for some stages that I made later, but if anyone wants to look them up my name:

One is called "MKII Tower", based on this stage from Mortal Kombat II:

Another is called "BewareTheSwitch!" Spoiler alert: it involves a switch that I set up in the stage.

And I also made one called "Break Wind!!!" Don't worry, there aren't any kind of naked butts or anything like that. It just involves a lot of use of the wind hazard feature.
Thanks given by:
Blu-Curry (04-22-2019)
Old 04-22-2019, 11:33 PM   #239
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

Danggggg I really want to check out that MKII Tower!
Old 04-29-2019, 10:28 AM   #240
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinys Memory View Post
Well, some over-zealous mod at Nintendo is about to lose their job...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ltimate-stages

...It appears stages either titled "Trans Rights" or featuring the trans flag run the risk of deletion - and in some cases their creators were issued short-term bans.

Twitter user Warm Safflina received an email from Nintendo notifying her that her trans rights stage had been pulled offline for "inappropriate and/or harmful content".

Warm Safflina
@WarmSafflina
So @Nintendo has, in their infinite wisdom, decided that this stage featuring the trans flag violates their TOS. #SmashBros #NintendoSwitch

Nintendo has come under fire for this takedown, with many pointing out the "trans rights" message should not be considered a political statement...

And using Joker could potentially crash your Switch:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/04...-some-switches

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's latest DLC character, Joker from Persona 5, is freezing player's Nintendo Switches when they use his Final Smash to end a Classic Mode match.

This issue was confirmed by IGN's own Zachary Ryan, as his Switch froze three times when finishing a Classic Mode match with Joker's Final Smash. There are also many other examples, including a Reddit thread posted by CubingVainGlory, that show the freeze happening.

It appears this glitch is only occurring in Classic Mode and only with Joker, and does not appear to impact any other aspect of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as of this writing.

Nintendo has yet to comment on the issue or release any plans of fixing it, but it's safe to assume it won't be too long before it is all taken care of.
Nintendo gets it
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch