Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99
17 hrs ago
The New Scooby-Doo Movies: The (Almost) Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$30.38

Supergirl: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$33.18

The Ancient Magus' Bride: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$29.82

The Walking Dead: The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$52.89

The Blacklist: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$36.99

Community: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$35.30

Lost in Space: Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Blindspot: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$12.96
16 hrs ago
From the Earth to the Moon (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Endeavour: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$30.94

Krypton: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$15.29
23 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 07-23-2018, 10:55 AM   #41

Sep 2017

As long as they get him back for another 24 hour marathon on or around Halloween time I'll be happy.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:55 PM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
Funkytown

If those were the cut versions, I'd hate to see what the uncensored versions were like!
Old 08-02-2018, 06:07 AM   #43
Special Member

Jul 2013
THE 614

I've never subbed to Shudder, but watching JBB watch these classics is tempting. Is it worth it?
Old 08-02-2018, 05:44 PM   #44
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
California

If you like Joe Bob, it's definitely worth it. It's essentially MonsterVision, only with a different name and uncut movies. They even still interrupt the movies at certain points for Joe Bob segments so that he can comment throughout the film, like he would do during the commercial breaks on MonsterVision.
Thanks given by:
mpstjohn (08-02-2018), Noahishere (08-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 01:03 AM   #45
Special Member

Jul 2013
THE 614

Just subbed for a month! Love what I'm seeing so far. They have a great selection and Joe Bob is obviously a plus. Hope he comes back VERY soon!
Thanks given by:
JackSkellington (08-07-2018), Michael24 (08-03-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 07:19 PM   #46
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
California

From Joe Bob's Facebook:

Quote:
HOW ABOUT A LITTLE JOE BOB FOR THE HOLIDAYS?
Joe Bob returns to Shudder with not one, but TWO holiday specials! On November 22, Joe Bob will turn Black Friday into Red Thursday with “The Dinners of Death,” the best deadly-dinner movies in history. Then on December 21, tune in for “A Very Joe Bob Christmas!” (And as an extra gift, Shudder has announced plans to launch a regular series featuring Joe Bob in 2019)
Thanks given by:
fattyjoe37 (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 08:10 PM   #47
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
California

Official press release from Shudder:

Quote:
(September 5, 2018, New York, N.Y.) After the unprecedented 24-hour event The Last Drive-In With Joe Bob Briggs "broke the Internet" in July, Shudder will bring back the iconic horror host for Thanksgiving and Christmas specials, to be titled "The Dinners of Death" and "A Very Joe Bob Christmas." Shudder, AMC's premium streaming service for thriller, suspense and horror, also announced plans to launch a regular series featuring Joe Bob in 2019.

"The response to our first marathon was overwhelming, and we can't think of a better gift for our members than to bring Joe Bob back for the holidays," said Shudder GM Craig Engler. "We've been hard at work with Joe Bob and his team to make these new marathons unforgettable events, and we have even bigger plans for 2019."

Joe Bob Briggs adds, "In November we're turning Black Friday into Red Thursday with the best deadly-dinner movies in history, and in December we have a very special way to fill that void felt by American households ever since ABC stopped airing the 'Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey' Claymation special."

This holiday season, set an extra place at the table for Joe Bob: "The Dinners of Death" is scheduled to air on Thursday, Nov. 22, followed by "A Very Joe Bob Christmas" on Friday, Dec. 21. Both marathons will be streamed live and feature films hand-picked by Joe Bob himself, with special guest stars and Joe Bob's signature brand of Drive-In deep-dives and commentary.

Details for the Joe Bob series will be announced in early 2019. Both the marathons and the series will be produced by Matt Manjourides and Justin Martell and directed by Austin Jennings.

The Last Drive-In originally streamed live on Shudder on Friday, July 13, and trended nationally on Twitter during its entire 24-run, with celebrities like Stephen King and Jonah Ray tweeting about it. The demand temporarily took down Shudder servers, leading fans of Joe Bob to proudly proclaim that their hero "broke the Internet."

Joe Bob Briggs has long showcased the best and worst of shock and schlock cinema as the host of The Movie Channel's Joe Bob's Drive-In Theatre and TNT's MonsterVision. The Last Drive-In is a celebration of exploitation and genre cinema and a return to Joe Bob's legendary irreverence and wit.
I don't imagine these will be 24-hour marathons but sounds like they could be at least a few movies each. Either way, awesome!
Old 09-06-2018, 03:40 AM   #48
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
Funkytown

Here's what Joe Bob had to say:

Quote:
Both marathons are four movies, starting around 8 or 9 on the East coast and going til dawn (because I talk so much and because we have guests). So I guess technically they're mini-marathons, although I'm not ruling out another Iron Man event later.
Thanks given by:
Michael24 (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 03:45 AM   #49
Power Member

Nov 2016

Any chance of a DVD or blu release of these? I have the Jesse James Meets Frankensteins Daughter DVD with Joe Bob's commentary and I LOVE it.....
Old 09-06-2018, 03:55 AM   #50
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Fez View Post
Here's what Joe Bob had to say:
Sounds good. 8 or 9 for the East coast, so that would be 5 or 6 where I live. I should be able to watch both marathons live and not have to worry about streaming them at a later date.
Thanks given by:
El_Fez (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 04:13 AM   #51
Power Member

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzzzz View Post
Any chance of a DVD or blu release of these? I have the Jesse James Meets Frankensteins Daughter DVD with Joe Bob's commentary and I LOVE it.....
Highly doubtful. The licensing and copyright-fu would be a nightmare.

These aren't the usual bargain bin titles. I would say that every title in The Last Drive-In marathon is probably essential viewing for fans of exploitation and horror.

Btw, all the JBB commentary tracks are awesome!
Thanks given by:
Michael24 (09-06-2018), Rzzzz (09-07-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 04:17 AM   #52
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastCreatureTrapper View Post
Highly doubtful. The licensing and copyright-fu would be a nightmare.
"Copyright fu."

Quote:
Wow, I didn't know he had that many. I was only aware of Samurai Cop and I Spit On Your Grave.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:18 AM   #53

Jul 2013
Pennsylvania, USA

Excellent!!! Long live Joe Bob!! Man, the good ol' days sure are coming back!!
Old 09-06-2018, 04:32 AM   #54
Power Member

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
Wow, I didn't know he had that many. I was only aware of Samurai Cop and I Spit On Your Grave.
They are all excellent. Humorous, yes, but the trademark JBB knowledge-dropping is on-point. It's like attending a film class with your favorite professor.

The JBB commentary tracks are some of the few that I revisit from time to time.

Btw, the aforementioned JBB commentary for Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter is currently up on YouTube:
Thanks given by:
Michael24 (09-06-2018), Rzzzz (09-07-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 04:40 AM   #55
Special Member

Jul 2013
THE 614

This is most excellent. Shudder's shining! I'm surprised by how top-notch some of their stuff is...have you guys ever watched The Core? It's an awesome talk show done horror/slasher style. What fun!
Old 09-06-2018, 01:22 PM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
Funkytown

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahishere View Post
This is most excellent. Shudder's shining! I'm surprised by how top-notch some of their stuff is...have you guys ever watched The Core? It's an awesome talk show done horror/slasher style. What fun!
I'm only 3 or 4 episodes deep with The Core, but that is a fun show. Full endorsement.

Actually, I'm kind of surprised how much I've been enjoying watching Shudder. They have some good content (Go watch Ruin Me - excellent stuff) and it's let me fill in some holes in my Horror Watching. I really should have seen Reanimator, Hellraiser I and Hellraiser II at some point but I just never did. This has now been rectified.

I dont know how long I'll keep subscribed, but they'll probably stay in rotation for the next couple of months.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:53 PM   #57
Power Member

May 2016

I can not speak highly enough of shudder. it's a steal at $5/month. are you going to tell me you can't find one thing to watch a month on that service?

happy for the return of joe bob. it makes me wish that someone has brought him back earlier. more props should be given to shudder for taking the chance. and even I was surprised by his popularity. I didn't even get in until partially through sleepaway camp and had to watch the end of tourist trap on twitch.
Thanks given by:
El_Fez (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 05:06 PM   #58
Power Member

Feb 2014

Shudder's pretty awesome. The selection is awesome and their pricing is more than fair. I got in on their Black Friday special, where you basically get an entire year for $24.

The only complaint I could issue, is that some of their titles only stream in 480p, but that's not a dealbreaker when I am trying out titles I wouldn't have seen in any resolution before having Shudder. If I do end up loving the film, I can always go and buy a higher quality version down the line anyway.

Like others have mentioned, it's a great resource for horror fans who can try films out on the cheap over blind-buying them full-price.

Last edited by BeastCreatureTrapper; 09-06-2018 at 05:15 PM.
Thanks given by:
El_Fez (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 05:40 PM   #59
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
Funkytown

Quote:
Shudder's pretty awesome. The selection is awesome and their pricing is more than fair. I got in on their Black Friday special, where you basically get an entire year for $24.
Oooh, with BF just around the corner (more or less), I'll have to keep an eye out if they have that sale again this year. Two bucks a month would be goddamned amazing.

(Mind you, my list of "I need to buy this" is growing from all my random sampling of horror movies)
Thanks given by:
BeastCreatureTrapper (09-06-2018)
Old 09-07-2018, 01:56 AM   #60
Special Member

Jul 2013
THE 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Fez View Post

I'm only 3 or 4 episodes deep with The Core, but that is a fun show. Full endorsement.

Actually, I'm kind of surprised how much I've been enjoying watching Shudder. They have some good content (Go watch Ruin Me - excellent stuff) and it's let me fill in some holes in my Horror Watching. I really should have seen Reanimator, Hellraiser I and Hellraiser II at some point but I just never did. This has now been rectified.

I dont know how long I'll keep subscribed, but they'll probably stay in rotation for the next couple of months.
With all the Joe Bob about to surface and all the additional quality being constantly put forth from Shudder, I may just do the whole year up front! I mean, it's only $47.88—which comes to a measly $3.99 a month—for the entire twelve months. I'm liking/loving this service.
Thanks given by:
El_Fez (09-07-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows