Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster (Switch)
$34.99

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Switch)
$32.84

Assassin's Creed III (Switch)
$29.99

Diablo 3 (Switch)
$37.31

Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Switch)
$32.84

The World Ends with You: Final Remix (Switch)
$29.97

Overcooked! 2 (Switch)
$29.99

TT Isle of Man: Riding On The Edge (Switch)
$36.90
10 hrs ago
Party Arcade (Switch)
$17.04

Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden (Switch)
$33.84

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Switch)
$21.31

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Switch)
$44.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 02-16-2019, 01:34 AM   #41
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

I've only played the Final Fantasy games in the last 18 months starting with VI on the SNES Classic which I loved. I picked up VII, X/X-2, XIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns on PS3/PS4 during the December 2017 sale. Really enjoyed VII, loved X and enjoyed XIII. Didn't care for X-2 or XIII-2 after putting a few hours in and never made it to Lightning Returns because of that. I then played XII on PS4 which I loved.

A friend of mine highly recommends IX, so I will probably pick it up when it hits a sale of $10-$12 which it has been to for PS4 before but I think I'd rather have it on Switch.

I also need to pick up Zodiac Age to own at some point, but I'm waiting to see how the Switch version turns out before deciding if I want it on Switch or PS4. I wouldn't replay it anytime soon so I can definitely wait for a sale without an issue.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:02 AM   #42
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012

I really love the Switch version of FF9 so far, I think itís one of the best in the series and works really well on that system. Iíll probably get the X/X2 collection since it has two titles, but just stick with the PS4 versions of 7 and 12 unless they added some significant new features rather than continuing to buy the games again.

I also wish they would do enhanced ports of 6 and 8 in the style that 9 got, but seems unlikely as 6 is an older title and Square seems to ignore 8.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:23 PM   #43
Expert Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbs2034 View Post
I really love the Switch version of FF9 so far, I think itís one of the best in the series and works really well on that system. Iíll probably get the X/X2 collection since it has two titles, but just stick with the PS4 versions of 7 and 12 unless they added some significant new features rather than continuing to buy the games again.

I also wish they would do enhanced ports of 6 and 8 in the style that 9 got, but seems unlikely as 6 is an older title and Square seems to ignore 8.
Does it have touch functionality like you would expect from a mobile port? I bought it for PS4 but I haven't touched it yet and am tempted to get it on Switch for the portability!
Old 02-26-2019, 11:56 PM   #44
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahsi View Post
Does it have touch functionality like you would expect from a mobile port? I bought it for PS4 but I haven't touched it yet and am tempted to get it on Switch for the portability!
No touch controls, but the game is great in portable mode (how I most often play Switch). Personally Iím someone who always chooses button controls, but would have been nice for then to add the touch option had it been easy to do from the port.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:13 AM   #45
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

First print run of XII will have a reversible cover

https://nintendoeverything.com/final...le-coversheet/

Quote:
In other news, Square Enix has also passed along a breakdown of new features in Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age. They are as follows:

License Reset Function: By talking to Clan Centurio’s leader Montblanc in Rabanastre, players can reset and change their party member’s jobs, allowing them to customize the jobs of their party as desired.

Additional Gambit Sets: Gambits allow players to customize their party’s AI. Players can now create three unique sets, allowing players to switch between sets for different situations, such as map exploration or boss fights.

Improved “New Game+”: Allows users to start the game with party members at level 90 and carry over some items like weapons, magic and gils obtained during previous playthroughs
Old 03-05-2019, 06:24 PM   #46

Jan 2019

Par contre, y a pas de version boite non ? Juste du dťmat?
Old 03-06-2019, 01:41 AM   #47
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

With all the money Google has, why can’t they fix their translation software?

Old 03-06-2019, 08:17 PM   #48

Jul 2012
Abingdon , England

Would anyone recommend IX?

I used to watch my eldest brother play FF on Ps1 when i was little (I still remember looking through his walk hrough and shouting out a character called Slapper lol) and thinking of getting a FF game for my Switch but unsure whether to go for a cheaper classic or waiting and buy a physical modern title, that could be traded in or even brought used.

Also, what the chances of any of these in a sale in a few months?
Old 03-06-2019, 08:34 PM   #49
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Square’s stuff goes on sale all the time for PS4, so I expect the same to happen here like Ubisoft’s frequent sales have carried over too.

I wouldn’t think a sale will happen until Summer is my guess though. IX was the #2 seller on the eShop when I checked last night.
Thanks given by:
Jb162009 (03-07-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 03:15 PM   #50
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jb162009 View Post

I used to watch my eldest brother play FF on Ps1 when i was little (I still remember looking through his walk hrough and shouting out a character called Slapper lol) and thinking of getting a FF game for my Switch but unsure whether to go for a cheaper classic or waiting and buy a physical modern title, that could be traded in or even brought used.

I think 9 is probably the best in the series after 6, and it is designed very much as a love letter to the series to that point, and also includes all the more modern cinematic elements introduced when it went to PlayStation (though 6 is remarkably cinematic for a SNES game), plus the Switch version includes a lot of features to make the game faster or easier if you find it hard or dislike grinding/slower paced sections, so it is a great jumping on point.

As far as the physical games go, 12 is obviously the most modern and the world design is great in that game, but it doesnít feel like anything else in the series, has kinda an MMO feel (at least thatís what I think, I never play MMOs) and very different combat system, I also find the game to be frustrating in places but others may feel differently. 10 might be a better starting point, it is a nice mix in that you get modern features like full 3D environments and voice acting for the first time in the series, but it is also in the classic mode in many ways coming just a year after 9 and having a more traditional combat system. You also get the sequel title X-2 included in the set (a kinda odd title with very little linearity and a tone that I donít feel really fits the series, but are plenty of fun things about it as well) so value wise you are getting a lot, I think though that X-2 may be included as a download code for the US release in the box with only the first game being on the physical cart though.
Thanks given by:
Jb162009 (03-07-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 04:11 AM   #51
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Used my gold coins to pick up World of Final Fantasy for $16 today. $40 was way too steep for this game for me but for under $20 I am in. Will get to it after finishing Fire Emblem Warriors and NSMBU Deluxe.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:44 PM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Used my gold coins to pick up World of Final Fantasy for $16 today. $40 was way too steep for this game for me but for under $20 I am in. Will get to it after finishing Fire Emblem Warriors and NSMBU Deluxe.
It wasn't my type of game but I spent my free time the last month watching one of my favorite streamers play through every inch of it and it was very relaxing. Some games I can't for the life of me get into myself but I can watch others do it.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:35 PM   #53
Power Member

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
First print run of XII will have a reversible cover

https://nintendoeverything.com/final...le-coversheet/

Not worth paying full price for a reversible cover. Better to wait for a price drop.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:50 PM   #54
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donl1282 View Post
Not worth paying full price for a reversible cover. Better to wait for a price drop.
I wonder about these "1st runs" anymore. A lot I see lately end up being the only runs and are often on discount 2-6 months later.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:15 PM   #55
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

Quote:

IX is part of the golden run of games, stretching from VI to X.

XII was ok, XIII looks beautiful but is a genuine step down. I really donít like XV.

If youíre a fan of old skool FF and fancy a blast from the past then Iíd go for one of the remasters.
Thanks given by:
Jb162009 (03-12-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 06:32 PM   #56
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:

**** yes IX is the last great one in my opinion vivi
Thanks given by:
Jb162009 (03-12-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 07:58 PM   #57
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
**** yes IX is the last great one in my opinion vivi
I think X (Even with its linear structure and lack of world map) is the last great entry. Things went down hill once Sakaguchi resigned. The amount of great games he was the Executive Produce for are staggering.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:49 PM   #58
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellOilJunior View Post
I think X (Even with its linear structure and lack of world map) is the last great entry. Things went down hill once Sakaguchi resigned. The amount of great games he was the Executive Produce for are staggering.
While I enjoy X in terms of what it brought 3D wise and storywise I hated what it did to FF until XV. X, XII, and XIII are 3 of the weakest entries into the series in terms of gameplay. The loss of the world map was just uncalled for.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:33 PM   #59
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
While I enjoy X in terms of what it brought 3D wise and storywise I hated what it did to FF until XV. X, XII, and XIII are 3 of the weakest entries into the series in terms of gameplay. The loss of the world map was just uncalled for.
I bought XII day 1 for the PS2. Played it for a few hours then never touched it again. Did not like the battle system. I've completed XIII. Not a huge fan of the paradigm system. I have XIII-2 but have no desire to finish it. Lots of sizzle but not much there for me at least. I'd rather play I or VI for the umpteenth time.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:37 AM   #60
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

1. IV/X
3. VII
4. VIII/VI
Don't think I've ever really cared for the others. Glad for the first time in probably 11 years, I can play all 5 of them again.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch