Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
17 hrs ago
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86

Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99

The Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.27

The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Hacksaw Ridge 4K (Blu-ray)
$8.00
17 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Hills Have Eyes: Part II (Blu-ray)
$33.03

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction

Old 04-18-2017, 07:11 PM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Two weeks later and the drywall is on its way up today. Apparently going to take the rest of the week to board, tape and mud the place. Hope to be painting next week. Also a small possibility of getting the gear hooked up this weekend as the space under the stairs is going to be unfinished and once the drywall sanding is done it will be safe to move a bunch of the gear down. Doing the same thing as last time with the projector, it will be going behind the wall with a port hole cut out.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:05 PM   #22
Expert Member

Oct 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex

You're getting there . Very nicely done so far , and looking forward to seeing the finished product .
Old 04-24-2017, 03:48 PM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Ugh... was testing the projector to make sure I could fill the screen from the hole in the wall I cut and the bulb blew! $500 for a new one Wife asked if I should just get a new projector, apparently $500 is better money spent right now rather than the $5K I want to spend on a new one . Oh well, onward and upwards.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:48 PM   #24
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post
Ugh... was testing the projector to make sure I could fill the screen from the hole in the wall I cut and the bulb blew! $500 for a new one Wife asked if I should just get a new projector, apparently $500 is better money spent right now rather than the $5K I want to spend on a new one . Oh well, onward and upwards.
Damn, what a tough break. I knew these bulb's cost a lot, but $500.00, ouch. Oh well, I would not replace it either, as I would wait until you can afford the $5K unit you speak of. Other than that, how's the building going?
Old 04-24-2017, 07:34 PM   #25
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
Damn, what a tough break. I knew these bulb's cost a lot, but $500.00, ouch. Oh well, I would not replace it either, as I would wait until you can afford the $5K unit you speak of. Other than that, how's the building going?
The room is coming along. Did not meet my goal of having paint on the walls this weekend, hopefully the coming weekend if things go smoothly. I've ordered a new bulb, I'm going the generic route with a Philip's bulb. I've read positive things about it and it has a 150 day warranty on it. $130 is the gamble. I found one as cheap as $45 on aliexpress but I don't want to wait 2 months to get it.

This is a terribly odd looking panoramic of the room... the end the room is about 14' long and 12' wide. Why I feel the need for floor standing speakers and 7.1.4 channel sound is quite clear to me, but it should be fun just the same.

Thanks given by:
Dwayne (05-04-2017)
Old 05-03-2017, 05:47 PM   #26
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Paint is on the walls... not happy with the ceiling, apparently Benjamin Moore does not make their pre-mixed flat black any longer so I went with the recommendation of the paint store and the end result is something with way too much sheen for my liking. I am really quite tired of painting though to be honest so I'm not sure if I'm going to address it or not, I probably should or it will drive me crazy.

We are currently waiting on the carpet to come in. Once that gets laid we will trim everything out and I will finally get the chance to set everything up.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:18 PM   #27

Oct 2012

Quote:
Paint is on the walls... not happy with the ceiling, apparently Benjamin Moore does not make their pre-mixed flat black any longer so I went with the recommendation of the paint store and the end result is something with way too much sheen for my liking. I am really quite tired of painting though to be honest so I'm not sure if I'm going to address it or not, I probably should or it will drive me crazy.

We are currently waiting on the carpet to come in. Once that gets laid we will trim everything out and I will finally get the chance to set everything up.
What paint job did you do? I'm thinking of doing a flat black ceiling with dark grey walls but not sure how it will turn out.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:53 PM   #28
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Quote:

This is a terribly odd looking panoramic of the room... the end the room is about 14' long and 12' wide. Why I feel the need for floor standing speakers and 7.1.4 channel sound is quite clear to me, but it should be fun just the same.

Hope the bulb's work out . I'm all about floor standing tower speaker's all around the room, that's just me. You are very close to the end product . Looking good, my friend .
Old 05-10-2017, 05:31 PM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pacalypsenow View Post
What paint job did you do? I'm thinking of doing a flat black ceiling with dark grey walls but not sure how it will turn out.
I'm not sure what colour is on the walls... I think it was supposed to be a dark gray but it turned out to be a littler greener... kind of? Hard to explain, I'll get the details.

I remain super disappointed in any other flat black pain than Benjamin Moore, put two more coats of Sherwin Williams on and it still has sheen. I think I'm done those.

I jumped ahead of the carpet guy and put my screen up, I was itching to get some work done so I went ahead and did the RGB LED's and hung my screen. The colour can be about anything I want... just a quick picture.

Thanks given by:
Dwayne (06-05-2017), onyxbfly (06-06-2017), reanimator (05-11-2017), sonic_debauchery (06-02-2017)
Old 06-04-2017, 02:57 PM   #30
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Things are wrapping up in the theatre. The space is too small to get a good picture without a better camera, some lighting and a wide angle lens... in other words, it is going to happen anytime soon .

I'm really pleased with how everything turned out in the end, I just wish I had room for two rows of seating... next hours, right?

What's left to do:

- Paint out window
- Add blind to window
- Hang door
- Work on acoustic treatments
- Make centre channel stand a little taller and then paint the thing!
- Finish painting the speaker grills for the side channels
- Cable organization, the wiring behind the wall is still quite the circus, need to work on that.
- Waiting on a 4th chair, 6-8 weeks for delivery

Only click the spoiler tags if you want to see my handy work in the unfinished space behind the theatre You've been warned, a finishing carpenter I am not.

[Show spoiler]
Under-stair Blu Ray Storage, just trying to make the most of any usable space:

Gear rack... I have to put the projector on something, might as well use up the lumber laying around from the basement reno:

Thanks given by:
2pacalypsenow (06-05-2017), Dwayne (06-05-2017)
Old 06-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #31
Expert Member

Oct 2008

With what you have left to do, you will be celebrating in no time . Looking good my friend .
Thanks given by:
roar (06-07-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 01:11 AM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
With what you have left to do, you will be celebrating in no time . Looking good my friend .
The longest part will be waiting on the new chair. That and the acoustical treatments.I'm going to have a local guy come out and give me a quote. He's done some work in our office and I told him about my theatre, he said he'd come have a look. Hopefully that can happen this week but then we will see what it costs.
Thanks given by:
Dwayne (06-07-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 11:59 AM   #33
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008

Very nice. Your patience is to be commended.
Thanks given by:
roar (06-07-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 08:05 PM   #34
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

Great job!! I love it when people start after me and finish before me!
Thanks given by:
roar (06-07-2017)
Old 03-24-2019, 04:23 PM   #35
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

The JVC DLA-X30 has officially been retired. Picked up a JVC NX5 yesterday. Watched Atomc Blond, Mad Max and Green Book to start my 4K movie watching, going to do Shape of Water and the new Blade Runner I think today. It is a lovely piece of kit to be sure.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction