Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99
 
Terminator 2: Judgment Day 4K (Blu-ray)
$6.00
3 hrs ago
Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
 
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72
 
Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73
10 hrs ago
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23
 
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64
 
The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34
 
Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99
 
Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86
 
Gatchaman (Blu-ray)
$65.99
 
Top Gun (Blu-ray)
$9.96
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2017, 11:31 PM   #21
curtishd curtishd is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2008
42
Default

Anyone able to find out who make the AMC chairs?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:07 AM   #22
ZoetMB ZoetMB is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
May 2009
New York
172
27
3
Default

I don't think it's the same seats in all the AMC theatres. Attached is a view of the seats in the Dolby Vision (AMC Prime) screen at the AMC Empire 25 in NYC.

All of the following companies make theatrical seating, but I think it's unlikely they'd sell to a consumer unless you were buying at least 10 seats. But you can contact them to find out:

Series Seating
Dolphin Seating
VIP Cinema Seating
Sonic Equipment Co.
Irwin Seating
Mobiliario
Camatic
Palliser
Krian Cinema
Telescopic Seating
(and there are others).

Also, seating designed for theatres requires bolting the seats to the floor. That might not be viable in a home theatre installation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150904_1547.jpg (84.6 KB, 60 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:44 PM   #23
jm149 jm149 is offline
Expert Member
 
jm149's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
549
280
121
222
Default

My AMC is under renovations now, they're putting in the red recliners. They have a sample in the lobby and they sure feel comfortable! Looking forward to when it's completed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:44 PM   #24
i007spectre i007spectre is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
i007spectre's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Missouri
20
26
420
1
Default

Reading this thread is just making me mad that the HT chair I ordered at theaterseatstore is taking forever to be built and get to me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:51 PM   #25
Dwayne Dwayne is offline
Expert Member
 
Dwayne's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i007spectre View Post
Reading this thread is just making me mad that the HT chair I ordered at theaterseatstore is taking forever to be built and get to me.
That really does suck. Man must have a comfortable cockpit/chair to plant his ass so he can enjoy his Audio/Video equipment. Yes, women should have the same. Hope your chair arrives soon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:46 PM   #26
reaperx187 reaperx187 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jan 2010
Newark, DE
105
1141
73
Default

I know where getting new similar seats very soon if not they might have already started working on it was supposed to happen at least within a month or so when we talked to someone who worked there they had sample seats in the front setup for people to look at and what no to see how they like them this isn't an AMC though its a Regal Cinemas instead.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 04:48 PM   #27
Tony208 Tony208 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Tony208's Avatar
 
May 2010
NYC
162
474
33
525
Default

We don't even go to old ass theaters with garbage seats anymore. It's all recliners for us
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
mantle52ball (03-04-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 04:57 PM   #28
solarrdadd solarrdadd is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
solarrdadd's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Virginia
255
154
1276
4
42
316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
That really does suck. Man must have a comfortable cockpit/chair to plant his ass so he can enjoy his Audio/Video equipment. Yes, women should have the same. Hope your chair arrives soon.
that's what this face and strong neck are for!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Dwayne (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 05:45 PM   #29
reaperx187 reaperx187 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jan 2010
Newark, DE
105
1141
73
Default

I was hoping to go and see Logan tonight and be sitting in the new recliners but i'm most likely doubting it cause there website doesn't even have our area place just say's coming soon its probably in process or they have started it up and wont be don't for awhile then.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:12 PM   #30
Dwayne Dwayne is offline
Expert Member
 
Dwayne's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
We don't even go to old ass theaters with garbage seats anymore. It's all recliners for us
I personally do not go to movie theaters anymore, as I would rather stay at home and watch on my Home theater set up. Nobody with babies crying, no ten gallon hats in front of me, and can pause the movie to make another cocktail, pee, and grab some candy that does not cost $20.00. Having said that I really do understand the Big Screen effect at a good movie theater with comfortable seats. Going to the theater for me these days involves IMAX only. Yes the reclining seats these days is a MUST "especially for what you pay" to see the movie.

Last edited by Dwayne; 03-03-2017 at 06:16 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 02:26 AM   #31
civiclx civiclx is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
civiclx's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!
34
933
522
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
I personally do not go to movie theaters anymore, as I would rather stay at home and watch on my Home theater set up. Nobody with babies crying, no ten gallon hats in front of me, and can pause the movie to make another cocktail, pee, and grab some candy that does not cost $20.00. Having said that I really do understand the Big Screen effect at a good movie theater with comfortable seats. Going to the theater for me these days involves IMAX only. Yes the reclining seats these days is a MUST "especially for what you pay" to see the movie.
Only in Texas would you hear someone complain about their view being obstructed by ten gallon hats. Yeeeehaw potnah

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Cherokee Jack (04-29-2019)
Old 03-04-2017, 07:01 PM   #32
Dwayne Dwayne is offline
Expert Member
 
Dwayne's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by civiclx View Post
Only in Texas would you hear someone complain about their view being obstructed by ten gallon hats. Yeeeehaw potnah

Yes, in the Dallas area you see a lot of cowboy hats, and a few that could be considered 10 gallon. I own a cowboy hat myself and for those of you that wear cowboy hats, please do not get mad as I was just trying to make a joke.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:31 AM   #33
civiclx civiclx is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
civiclx's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!
34
933
522
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
Yes, in the Dallas area you see a lot of cowboy hats, and a few that could be considered 10 gallon. I own a cowboy hat myself and for those of you that wear cowboy hats, please do not get mad as I was just trying to make a joke.
bwaaahahaha I don't think you're going to make anyone mad! Heck, I've had a few cowboy hats in my day. Now you don't get mad when I say that I've heard there's only two things that come from Texas, steers and...
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Dwayne (03-05-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 03:39 AM   #34
BluBonnet BluBonnet is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
BluBonnet's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Default

The recliners at AMC aren't too shabby, but I think the ones at Cinemark/Century Theaters are quite a bit better.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:52 PM   #35
Dwayne Dwayne is offline
Expert Member
 
Dwayne's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by civiclx View Post
bwaaahahaha I don't think you're going to make anyone mad! Heck, I've had a few cowboy hats in my day. Now you don't get mad when I say that I've heard there's only two things that come from Texas, steers and...
It's all in good fun, LOL. Lets give the thread back to the people discussing Home Theater Seating.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
civiclx (03-06-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 10:17 PM   #36
solarrdadd solarrdadd is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
solarrdadd's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Virginia
255
154
1276
4
42
316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
I personally do not go to movie theaters anymore, as I would rather stay at home and watch on my Home theater set up. Nobody with babies crying, no ten gallon hats in front of me, and can pause the movie to make another cocktail, pee, and grab some candy that does not cost $20.00. Having said that I really do understand the Big Screen effect at a good movie theater with comfortable seats. Going to the theater for me these days involves IMAX only. Yes the reclining seats these days is a MUST "especially for what you pay" to see the movie.
for the big blockbuster movies, I must go see them in either Dolby Cinema or IMAX (in that order too!) I can't imagine not seeing Logan in local AMC Dolby Cinema; large Dolby Vision screen, Huge Dolby ATMOS sound with transducers under the recliners, huge array of ATMOS ceiling speakers, sub woofers mounted to the ceiling. at ours, if your caught using phones during the movie, the theater folks warn you once, then throw you out the second time. it's worked out great thus far!

those seats are amazing! we go to see all the Superhero, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Action movies at AMC Dolby Cinema and yeah, we love those damn chairs too!

it's always an event for my Daughter and me! we love them at my place with 7.1.4, but, we can't replace the big theater full of people. can't imagine not seeing all my beloved Marvel Studio movies at the theater.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Dwayne (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 07:19 PM   #37
Dwayne Dwayne is offline
Expert Member
 
Dwayne's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
for the big blockbuster movies, I must go see them in either Dolby Cinema or IMAX (in that order too!) I can't imagine not seeing Logan in local AMC Dolby Cinema; large Dolby Vision screen, Huge Dolby ATMOS sound with transducers under the recliners, huge array of ATMOS ceiling speakers, sub woofers mounted to the ceiling. at ours, if your caught using phones during the movie, the theater folks warn you once, then throw you out the second time. it's worked out great thus far!

those seats are amazing! we go to see all the Superhero, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Action movies at AMC Dolby Cinema and yeah, we love those damn chairs too!

it's always an event for my Daughter and me! we love them at my place with 7.1.4, but, we can't replace the big theater full of people. can't imagine not seeing all my beloved Marvel Studio movies at the theater.
I completely forgot about Dolby Cinemas with the full ATMOS experience. It is on my to do list. I personally cant wait for Logan to come out on Blu, and this is the type of movie that needs experienced on the highest audio/video level, and yes the audience reaction to certain scenes makes for a really enjoyable experience.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:10 PM   #38
i007spectre i007spectre is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
i007spectre's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Missouri
20
26
420
1
Default

My chair finally shipped, of course its scheduled to be delivered on a day I work till 11pm.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:58 AM   #39
mojojojo mojojojo is offline
Active Member
 
Sep 2010
Naples, FL
239
2004
25
Default

We don't go to the movies very often, but when we do, It is also a Mega Superhero/Marvel/Star Wars or Disney/Pixar Show.

I sound like the Dos Equis Man LOL

Now if we actually had ANY type of an Upgraded Theater in our general area, we most certainly would go Much more often.

The closest thing we have is an IMAX theater and it's not very nice. Just $18.00 +++.

I wish we has an Atmos theater, would like to at least experience it somewhere besides my living room.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:49 PM   #40
Dubstar Dubstar is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Dubstar's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock
1
136
1785
295
2
8
6
Default

I like the standard recliners at AMC but can't stand the Dolby Cinema ones - i hate the vibration / bass reaction feature

@ Solarrdadd - so what DMV Dolby theater did you see "Logan" at - I'm not a fan of DC seats or how shoddy inconsistent DC presentation can be (*cough* Tysons) - the last Captain America movie in IMAX laser crushed its DC counterpart

Last edited by Dubstar; 03-09-2017 at 05:03 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:01 PM.