Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Terminator 2: Judgment Day 4K (Blu-ray)
$6.00
3 hrs ago
Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73
10 hrs ago
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99

Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86

Gatchaman (Blu-ray)
$65.99

Top Gun (Blu-ray)
$9.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction

Old 02-16-2017, 11:31 PM   #21

Dec 2008

Anyone able to find out who make the AMC chairs?
Old 02-17-2017, 07:07 AM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2009
New York

I don't think it's the same seats in all the AMC theatres. Attached is a view of the seats in the Dolby Vision (AMC Prime) screen at the AMC Empire 25 in NYC.

All of the following companies make theatrical seating, but I think it's unlikely they'd sell to a consumer unless you were buying at least 10 seats. But you can contact them to find out:

Series Seating
Dolphin Seating
VIP Cinema Seating
Sonic Equipment Co.
Irwin Seating
Mobiliario
Camatic
Palliser
Krian Cinema
Telescopic Seating
(and there are others).

Also, seating designed for theatres requires bolting the seats to the floor. That might not be viable in a home theatre installation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150904_1547.jpg (84.6 KB, 60 views)
Old 02-25-2017, 07:44 PM   #23
Expert Member

Aug 2011

My AMC is under renovations now, they're putting in the red recliners. They have a sample in the lobby and they sure feel comfortable! Looking forward to when it's completed.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:44 PM   #24
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2012
Missouri

Reading this thread is just making me mad that the HT chair I ordered at theaterseatstore is taking forever to be built and get to me.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:51 PM   #25
Expert Member

Oct 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by i007spectre View Post
Reading this thread is just making me mad that the HT chair I ordered at theaterseatstore is taking forever to be built and get to me.
That really does suck. Man must have a comfortable cockpit/chair to plant his ass so he can enjoy his Audio/Video equipment. Yes, women should have the same. Hope your chair arrives soon.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:46 PM   #26
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
Newark, DE

I know where getting new similar seats very soon if not they might have already started working on it was supposed to happen at least within a month or so when we talked to someone who worked there they had sample seats in the front setup for people to look at and what no to see how they like them this isn't an AMC though its a Regal Cinemas instead.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:48 PM   #27
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
NYC

We don't even go to old ass theaters with garbage seats anymore. It's all recliners for us
Thanks given by:
mantle52ball (03-04-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 04:57 PM   #28
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
That really does suck. Man must have a comfortable cockpit/chair to plant his ass so he can enjoy his Audio/Video equipment. Yes, women should have the same. Hope your chair arrives soon.
that's what this face and strong neck are for!
Thanks given by:
Dwayne (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 05:45 PM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
Newark, DE

I was hoping to go and see Logan tonight and be sitting in the new recliners but i'm most likely doubting it cause there website doesn't even have our area place just say's coming soon its probably in process or they have started it up and wont be don't for awhile then.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:12 PM   #30
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
We don't even go to old ass theaters with garbage seats anymore. It's all recliners for us
I personally do not go to movie theaters anymore, as I would rather stay at home and watch on my Home theater set up. Nobody with babies crying, no ten gallon hats in front of me, and can pause the movie to make another cocktail, pee, and grab some candy that does not cost $20.00. Having said that I really do understand the Big Screen effect at a good movie theater with comfortable seats. Going to the theater for me these days involves IMAX only. Yes the reclining seats these days is a MUST "especially for what you pay" to see the movie.

Last edited by Dwayne; 03-03-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:26 AM   #31
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Quote:
I personally do not go to movie theaters anymore, as I would rather stay at home and watch on my Home theater set up. Nobody with babies crying, no ten gallon hats in front of me, and can pause the movie to make another cocktail, pee, and grab some candy that does not cost $20.00. Having said that I really do understand the Big Screen effect at a good movie theater with comfortable seats. Going to the theater for me these days involves IMAX only. Yes the reclining seats these days is a MUST "especially for what you pay" to see the movie.
Only in Texas would you hear someone complain about their view being obstructed by ten gallon hats. Yeeeehaw potnah

Thanks given by:
Cherokee Jack (04-29-2019)
Old 03-04-2017, 07:01 PM   #32
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by civiclx View Post
Only in Texas would you hear someone complain about their view being obstructed by ten gallon hats. Yeeeehaw potnah

Yes, in the Dallas area you see a lot of cowboy hats, and a few that could be considered 10 gallon. I own a cowboy hat myself and for those of you that wear cowboy hats, please do not get mad as I was just trying to make a joke.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:31 AM   #33
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Quote:
Yes, in the Dallas area you see a lot of cowboy hats, and a few that could be considered 10 gallon. I own a cowboy hat myself and for those of you that wear cowboy hats, please do not get mad as I was just trying to make a joke.
bwaaahahaha I don't think you're going to make anyone mad! Heck, I've had a few cowboy hats in my day. Now you don't get mad when I say that I've heard there's only two things that come from Texas, steers and...
Thanks given by:
Dwayne (03-05-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 03:39 AM   #34
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009

The recliners at AMC aren't too shabby, but I think the ones at Cinemark/Century Theaters are quite a bit better.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:52 PM   #35
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by civiclx View Post
bwaaahahaha I don't think you're going to make anyone mad! Heck, I've had a few cowboy hats in my day. Now you don't get mad when I say that I've heard there's only two things that come from Texas, steers and...
It's all in good fun, LOL. Lets give the thread back to the people discussing Home Theater Seating.
Thanks given by:
civiclx (03-06-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 10:17 PM   #36
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
for the big blockbuster movies, I must go see them in either Dolby Cinema or IMAX (in that order too!) I can't imagine not seeing Logan in local AMC Dolby Cinema; large Dolby Vision screen, Huge Dolby ATMOS sound with transducers under the recliners, huge array of ATMOS ceiling speakers, sub woofers mounted to the ceiling. at ours, if your caught using phones during the movie, the theater folks warn you once, then throw you out the second time. it's worked out great thus far!

those seats are amazing! we go to see all the Superhero, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Action movies at AMC Dolby Cinema and yeah, we love those damn chairs too!

it's always an event for my Daughter and me! we love them at my place with 7.1.4, but, we can't replace the big theater full of people. can't imagine not seeing all my beloved Marvel Studio movies at the theater.
Thanks given by:
Dwayne (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 07:19 PM   #37
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
for the big blockbuster movies, I must go see them in either Dolby Cinema or IMAX (in that order too!) I can't imagine not seeing Logan in local AMC Dolby Cinema; large Dolby Vision screen, Huge Dolby ATMOS sound with transducers under the recliners, huge array of ATMOS ceiling speakers, sub woofers mounted to the ceiling. at ours, if your caught using phones during the movie, the theater folks warn you once, then throw you out the second time. it's worked out great thus far!

those seats are amazing! we go to see all the Superhero, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Action movies at AMC Dolby Cinema and yeah, we love those damn chairs too!

it's always an event for my Daughter and me! we love them at my place with 7.1.4, but, we can't replace the big theater full of people. can't imagine not seeing all my beloved Marvel Studio movies at the theater.
I completely forgot about Dolby Cinemas with the full ATMOS experience. It is on my to do list. I personally cant wait for Logan to come out on Blu, and this is the type of movie that needs experienced on the highest audio/video level, and yes the audience reaction to certain scenes makes for a really enjoyable experience.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:10 PM   #38
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2012
Missouri

My chair finally shipped, of course its scheduled to be delivered on a day I work till 11pm.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:58 AM   #39

Sep 2010
Naples, FL

We don't go to the movies very often, but when we do, It is also a Mega Superhero/Marvel/Star Wars or Disney/Pixar Show.

I sound like the Dos Equis Man LOL

Now if we actually had ANY type of an Upgraded Theater in our general area, we most certainly would go Much more often.

The closest thing we have is an IMAX theater and it's not very nice. Just $18.00 +++.

I wish we has an Atmos theater, would like to at least experience it somewhere besides my living room.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:49 PM   #40
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

I like the standard recliners at AMC but can't stand the Dolby Cinema ones - i hate the vibration / bass reaction feature

@ Solarrdadd - so what DMV Dolby theater did you see "Logan" at - I'm not a fan of DC seats or how shoddy inconsistent DC presentation can be (*cough* Tysons) - the last Captain America movie in IMAX laser crushed its DC counterpart

Last edited by Dubstar; 03-09-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction