Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
21 hrs ago
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73
4 hrs ago
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Hacksaw Ridge 4K (Blu-ray)
$8.00
21 hrs ago
Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86

Top Gun (Blu-ray)
$9.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction

Old 05-19-2019, 05:06 PM   #1

Oct 2011
Copenhagen, Denmark
Default Theater room too hot - air cooler?

So my hometheater room is a glorious thing. I absolutely love it. In the summers is does get so hot that even when Iím alone it does discourage me from watching long movies.

Anyone else with this issue and how did you solve it? I donít want to do any permanent modification to the room itself so what are my options? A fan during the summer is an easy one but they can be noisy and doesnít really help with temperature - just air movement. Is it possible to get some kind of device which can blow out cool air without being connected to the outside? A kind of compressor which does not make a lot of noise.

If it was possible to get one which is flat and wide that I could put under the sofa then it would be perfect as I could just tuck away the cord when not using it.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:22 AM   #2

Feb 2017

After looking at your other thread, I'm sure the projector is the cause of your heating problems.

Air conditioning is going to be loud and your "under the sofa" idea won't work unless it involves vents and ducting- really expensive, really permanent. I would recommend "whole room fans" like a vornado for this situation.

Ducting airflow to and from your projector would help, but I'm unsure with your projector. Maybe something like a bathroom exhaust fan might work?
Old 05-20-2019, 03:44 AM   #3
Special Member

Apr 2011
The Gulf

Dyson makes some pretty quiet air circulators and fans. Using mine in Florida is a great improvement for a small room and itís quieter than my desktop computer.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:09 PM   #4
Special Member

Apr 2008
Chicagoland

Fill a tub or cooler with ice and blow air over it??? Has advantage of keeping your movie refreshments also cool in the process...
Old 05-20-2019, 02:22 PM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Most likely the excess heat is being generated from your projector (as mentioned above), and there is no way for the excess heat to escape. It seems like you home theater room is enclosed, without any air circulation at all. I'm quite sure you don't want to have a central air unit installed because, it will be quite expensive, and I see that you reside in Denmark, and the weather climate in Denmark doesn't get extremely hot, to justify installing central air. I would go to a local home improvement store, and take a look at their portable cooling equipment, and see what might be suitable for you, and make sure that it's not too noisy when it's running.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:32 PM   #6

Jan 2012

My brother doesn't have A/C but instead just has a ceiling fan move air around. That's enough to keep his theater room feeling cool. He had to make his own mount to have the projector just below the fan, and shortened to pull cords of the fan by tying knots to keep them up as high as he could reach. There's no door sealing the room off though, it's just an open archway which certainly helps with keeping things cool.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00mM4r1n3 View Post
My brother doesn't have A/C but instead just has a ceiling fan move air around. That's enough to keep his theater room feeling cool. He had to make his own mount to have the projector just below the fan, and shortened to pull cords of the fan by tying knots to keep them up as high as he could reach. There's no door sealing the room off though, it's just an open archway which certainly helps with keeping things cool.
A ceiling fan is a great idea.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction