Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$79.96
1 day ago
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
42 min ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.34
1 day ago
Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Predator: 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$20.46
14 hrs ago
Toy Soldiers (Blu-ray)
$14.41
11 hrs ago
Wonder Woman 1984 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$29.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages

Old 05-11-2017, 02:20 AM   #21
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Good story Hitman and what a nice moment you two shared. I had no idea who Paul was so just googled him and was surprised he died just last month. He was young too.

Regarding drummers, I was wondering if you liked Travis Barker. I've seen a few of his videos where he does remixes for some hip hop songs.

Ready for story number 2 now
Old 05-11-2017, 05:43 AM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by civiclx View Post
Good story Hitman and what a nice moment you two shared. I had no idea who Paul was so just googled him and was surprised he died just last month. He was young too.

Regarding drummers, I was wondering if you liked Travis Barker. I've seen a few of his videos where he does remixes for some hip hop songs.

Ready for story number 2 now
Paul O'Neill's death was a real shock. Totally unexpected. I know who Travis Barker is and I like Blink 182 but I really don't know much about him so I really don't have an opinion. I am not a hip hop fan at all so I've never heard any of those things that he does and probably never will.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:06 AM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

I hated high school. I was a loner and really, I still am pretty much. I didn't fit in but, if I'm honest, I didn't try to fit in. It seemed ridiculous to me to pretend to be something that I wasn't. To help get me through those rough times as I sat at the cafeteria eating alone at lunch I had a secret weapon. Inside my binder I had the lyrics to the song I Am (I'm Me) by Twisted Sister. The song was written by Dee Snider, their singer. In grade 11 we were given an assignment. Find a poem or a song that means something to you and read it in front of the class and tell everybody why you like it. We were given two weeks to find one. I told my teacher I was ready now. He asked me if I was sure. I told him that he could give me two weeks, two months or two years and I would still come back with the same song. I took the lyrics from the front of my binder and read them out loud. I said I liked the song because it told you to be yourself and to be proud of who you are and not to let anybody try to tell you otherwise. My teacher said, "I think I like Twisted Sister."

A couple of years ago Dee Snider was bringing his Rock & Roll Christmas Tale, A Christmas Musical he wrote and starred in, to Toronto and I had to go. They had VIP Meet & Greets available but they were $200. One for me, one for my wife equals more than we could afford. We went and enjoyed the show. I was hoping maybe to bump into Dee in the hall or something but it didn't happen. We got home and I decided that I had to try and get a message to Dee Snider so I could tell him thank you. I turned to Facebook and the Rock & Roll Christmas Tale page. I sent a message saying pretty much everything I've already said here about what the song meant to me. I asked them to get the message to Dee if possible but that I understood if they couldn't. Later that night I got a message back. It said Done. I've sent Dee your message and he will read it. Although, not perfect I went to bed happy knowing that I had succeeded in getting a message to him to say thank you.

I woke up the next morning and looked on Facebook to find another message from them. I read it, read it again and then yelled to my wife to come here. My voice was shaking and my wife could tell by the sound of my voice that I was near tears. I pointed to the computer screen and said, "You have to read this." She told me that she couldn't because she didn't have her glasses on. So I read it to her. The message said, "Hi Mike: I was wondering if you could return to the show. Dee read your message and he wants to meet you. If you can come back we'll pay for it."

The following weekend we were back in Toronto and I was freaking out waiting for Dee Snider to meet us after the performance. He came in and I was the closest to him so he came up to me first. I said Hi and told him my name was Mike Horton. He recognized my name and asked me why he knew that name. I reminded him that I had sent him and email. He said, "I Am (I'm Me)." I said yes and he took a step back, put his arms out and said, "Bring it in." After we hugged I said thank you and he said, "No, thank you. When I got into this I wanted to say something with my songs and I told everybody that I think 90% of our audience just saw the big bone on the album and all the make up and never actually listened to what I was saying. Thank you for being in that 10%." He signed my VIP Pass. To Mike I Am (I'm Me). I have tears in my eyes as I write this. I am so glad that I sent that message but I had no idea what that one message would lead to.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (07-08-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 01:30 AM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

My favourite picture of Jasper when he was a kitten. He still likes to lie on this spot once in a while.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jasper.jpg (86.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 07-08-2017, 07:45 PM   #25
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Horton View Post
I hated high school. I was a loner and really, I still am pretty much. I didn't fit in but, if I'm honest, I didn't try to fit in. It seemed ridiculous to me to pretend to be something that I wasn't. To help get me through those rough times as I sat at the cafeteria eating alone at lunch I had a secret weapon. Inside my binder I had the lyrics to the song I Am (I'm Me) by Twisted Sister. The song was written by Dee Snider, their singer. In grade 11 we were given an assignment. Find a poem or a song that means something to you and read it in front of the class and tell everybody why you like it. We were given two weeks to find one. I told my teacher I was ready now. He asked me if I was sure. I told him that he could give me two weeks, two months or two years and I would still come back with the same song. I took the lyrics from the front of my binder and read them out loud. I said I liked the song because it told you to be yourself and to be proud of who you are and not to let anybody try to tell you otherwise. My teacher said, "I think I like Twisted Sister."

A couple of years ago Dee Snider was bringing his Rock & Roll Christmas Tale, A Christmas Musical he wrote and starred in, to Toronto and I had to go. They had VIP Meet & Greets available but they were $200. One for me, one for my wife equals more than we could afford. We went and enjoyed the show. I was hoping maybe to bump into Dee in the hall or something but it didn't happen. We got home and I decided that I had to try and get a message to Dee Snider so I could tell him thank you. I turned to Facebook and the Rock & Roll Christmas Tale page. I sent a message saying pretty much everything I've already said here about what the song meant to me. I asked them to get the message to Dee if possible but that I understood if they couldn't. Later that night I got a message back. It said Done. I've sent Dee your message and he will read it. Although, not perfect I went to bed happy knowing that I had succeeded in getting a message to him to say thank you.

I woke up the next morning and looked on Facebook to find another message from them. I read it, read it again and then yelled to my wife to come here. My voice was shaking and my wife could tell by the sound of my voice that I was near tears. I pointed to the computer screen and said, "You have to read this." She told me that she couldn't because she didn't have her glasses on. So I read it to her. The message said, "Hi Mike: I was wondering if you could return to the show. Dee read your message and he wants to meet you. If you can come back we'll pay for it."

The following weekend we were back in Toronto and I was freaking out waiting for Dee Snider to meet us after the performance. He came in and I was the closest to him so he came up to me first. I said Hi and told him my name was Mike Horton. He recognized my name and asked me why he knew that name. I reminded him that I had sent him and email. He said, "I Am (I'm Me)." I said yes and he took a step back, put his arms out and said, "Bring it in." After we hugged I said thank you and he said, "No, thank you. When I got into this I wanted to say something with my songs and I told everybody that I think 90% of our audience just saw the big bone on the album and all the make up and never actually listened to what I was saying. Thank you for being in that 10%." He signed my VIP Pass. To Mike I Am (I'm Me). I have tears in my eyes as I write this. I am so glad that I sent that message but I had no idea what that one message would lead to.
Yeah, I have always felt different as well. I can identify with your post.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages