Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Made in Abyss Theatrical Collection (Blu-ray)
$89.99

Shutter Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
23 hrs ago
Gattaca 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$17.96

An American Werewolf in London (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Ef: A Tale of Memories & Melodies (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Dragon Ball Z: Season 9 (Blu-ray)
$39.96

Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$42.95
5 hrs ago
Gamera: The Heisei Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$47.99

Whisper of the Heart (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Cat Returns (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Transformers (Blu-ray)
$7.99
7 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > SteelBook Collection Galleries

Old 03-01-2017, 05:03 PM   #21
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Knightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzDizz View Post
Me too! I'm at work right now. Do they have bluray anonymous meetings?
Isn't that what all this is? Meetings run 24/7 at anyone's convenience.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:06 PM   #22

Apr 2011
There and Back Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertz523 View Post
Isn't that what all this is? Meetings run 24/7 at anyone's convenience.
I find this to be more of the "dealer" in the scenario. I get paid, do my budget, look on here , decide I can live without food for a bit, and feed my addiction instead. Lol
Old 03-01-2017, 05:06 PM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
USA

why dont you just preorder? you wont have to deal with this issue, my in-store preorder was waiting for me after work at customer service and it was mint
Old 03-01-2017, 05:13 PM   #24
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009
USA
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord 4 View Post
Is anyone else frustrated with Best Buy exclusive Steelbooks being sold out weeks before the release?!?! I'm sick and tired of having to pay extra on ebay to all the snakes that buy up all of them then sell them for a markup. Is there a way to snag these before they get scooped up? As soon as I saw a listing for Doctor Strange , Hacksaw Ridge, and Passengers, I went to preorder and they are gone! How do u get these releases?
I never miss out on any pre-orders for Target, BB or Walmart.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:14 PM   #25
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Knightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite1970 View Post
I never miss out on any pre-orders for Target, BB or Walmart.
Walmart sure misses out on their steelbook preorders (or lack thereof).
Thanks given by:
BizCat (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 06:26 PM   #26

Sep 2016

Why was it a different story on my end?

If there is a preorder link shows up, I make sure to pre-order it and either Picku-Up to Store/Ship to home.

You complain about snakes, where the mere fact you admit - You Pay Extra on It!

Quote:
Is anyone else frustrated with Best Buy exclusive Steelbooks being sold out weeks before the release?!?! I'm sick and tired of having to pay extra on ebay to all the snakes that buy up all of them then sell them for a markup. Is there a way to snag these before they get scooped up? As soon as I saw a listing for Doctor Strange , Hacksaw Ridge, and Passengers, I went to preorder and they are gone! How do u get these releases?
Old 03-01-2017, 07:52 PM   #27
Power Member

Jun 2010

I was really surprised to be able to order a 3D copy of Doctor Strange steelbook around 6:00 Tuesday morning for in-store pickup. Got a text 45 minutes before store opened that it was already placed aside for me. Got there at 12 so nervous they were going to mistakenly give me a 2D steelbook (honest mistake).

They gave me the correct 3D steelbook in mint condition. Walked around the store and they only had three 2D steelbooks left back in the new release section. Hopefully I can do that same for Moana 3D. But the user Tyrok is claiming that this one might be even more limited.

Do these store pick up options usually go live around midnight the day of release? Or does it sometimes take past 3am for it to go live?
Old 03-01-2017, 08:24 PM   #28

Sep 2016

Sometimes - a month before street date.

Nothing wrong to frequently check your Bestbuy.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoxturbo View Post
I was really surprised to be able to order a 3D copy of Doctor Strange steelbook around 6:00 Tuesday morning for in-store pickup. Got a text 45 minutes before store opened that it was already placed aside for me. Got there at 12 so nervous they were going to mistakenly give me a 2D steelbook (honest mistake).

They gave me the correct 3D steelbook in mint condition. Walked around the store and they only had three 2D steelbooks left back in the new release section. Hopefully I can do that same for Moana 3D. But the user Tyrok is claiming that this one might be even more limited.

Do these store pick up options usually go live around midnight the day of release? Or does it sometimes take past 3am for it to go live?
Old 03-01-2017, 08:42 PM   #29

Jun 2010

Quote:
Easy peasy. Say I want to order Moana 3D steelbok, I log into my Best Buy account, then I just click on "Pre-Order", then I go to check out. Wait a minute, I can preorder but I cannot select shipping and I cannot do store pickup. Hmm...

You may be onto something here.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:09 PM   #30
Expert Member

Sep 2013
Jersey City, NJ

I pre-ordered one for store pick-up just 3 hours ago. I will still go first thing in the morning to see if I can pick 1 out myself at my preferred store but if they're gone by the time I get there I have my store pick-up at the backup store to fall back on. If I do get one myself I just call and cancel the store pickup once I get to work. I did that for Civil War and Hateful 8.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:45 PM   #31

Aug 2014
Cleveland, OH

Quote:
Buy them on bestbuy.com a week before release. Never a problem.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:38 PM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2015
Columbia, SC

I still don't see why people don't preorder as soon they see it listed on this site, if the price drops they match it, if another offer comes along all you have to do is cancel and reorder, if you're scared about their shipping methods, order a second when pickup is available. Most people get their steelbooks before release date when shipped so at least you'll know if you need to go to the store or not. Return the damaged or extra copy. Simple as pie, and never miss out on another steelbook again
Thanks given by:
DarkEco910 (03-03-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 12:55 AM   #33

Sep 2017
USA

They usually come back in stock on release day but sell out pretty quick... Then come back and sell out and repeat till they completely sell out a couple of weeks later
Old 09-21-2017, 04:50 PM   #34

Sep 2017
Waukesha, WI

I just stopped into my local Best Buy the morning of release for Wonder Woman and Starship Troopers. They had about 20 copies of Wonder Woman and I got the only Starship Troopers they had. In talking to the guy stocking the shelves, they are now limiting the quantities of in store purchases to 2 copies per person to help against a single person buying them all up and selling for a profit. I'm not sure if this is just a store specific thing or a company initiative.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:58 PM   #35
Expert Member

Sep 2006
Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by scwilson_11 View Post
I still don't see why people don't preorder as soon they see it listed on this site, if the price drops they match it, if another offer comes along all you have to do is cancel and reorder, if you're scared about their shipping methods, order a second when pickup is available. Most people get their steelbooks before release date when shipped so at least you'll know if you need to go to the store or not. Return the damaged or extra copy. Simple as pie, and never miss out on another steelbook again
100% correct, they dont preorder...then people complain they're sold out haha. I have yet to miss a Best Buy Steelbook all the way back to like the 2 Guns Metal Pak which was my first Steel from BB...cannot believe that's 4 years ago!!
Old 09-22-2017, 03:52 AM   #36
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
Kingsport, TN

I just started going to the store before they open to get the steelbook. I haven't missed out on any except for the Logan steelbook, but I was on the road bringing husband home from Montana after he was injured on the job. That's the one time I wish I had pre-ordered.

When I was there today, there was only one Wonder Woman steelbook left. CEO3K and Starship Troopers steelbooks were all gone.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:22 AM   #37

Apr 2007
Weslaco, Texas

Pre-order the moment the steelbook goes live and you will never miss one.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > SteelBook Collection Galleries