Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.96

Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89

Man of Steel 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.12

Jaws: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.42

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89

Humpback Whales 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.50

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Old 07-03-2017, 07:15 PM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013

A few random thoughts for new OLED owners. First, you're going to love this TV.

But there are a few quirks I've encountered...

Many people use ISF Dark Room video pre-set, this gives you very accurate PQ and no Soap Opera Effect.

But when you watch 3D, the TV will silently switch to Standard video pre-set and you will have to turn off Soap Opera Effect manually.

Standard pre-set also has boosted brightness which helps with 3D, so mostly that's good.

Another quirk can happen with the PS4 (it thinks OLEDs are HDMI Full displays).

If you let a PS4 do HDMI 'Auto' it will use HDMI Full and cause major black crush.

I tested this with some games I'm very familiar with & alot of shadow detail is totally lost.

For OLEDs, set PS4s for HDMI Limited (manually) and everything will look better.

This may come in handy with other game systems and devices as well.
Thanks given by:
cyberghostx13 (07-03-2017)
Old 07-04-2017, 12:23 AM   #22

Apr 2013
Arizona, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@Chicago View Post
A few random thoughts for new OLED owners. First, you're going to love this TV.
But there are a few quirks I've encountered...
But when you watch 3D, the TV will silently switch to Standard video pre-set and you will have to turn off Soap Opera Effect manually.
Standard pre-set also has boosted brightness which helps with 3D, so mostly that's good.
In my experience with two 65E6 OLEDs (I bought a spare because 3D has been discontinued after the 2016 models), the 3D picture settings were dead on right out of the box, with the exception of needing to turn off TruMotion to avoid jaggies around fast moving objects (I don't know if that's what you mean by "Soap Opera Effect"). The picture brightens automatically to adjust perfectly to the darkened 3D glasses, and the result is absolutely stunning. Gorgeous 3D picture!
Thanks given by:
cyberghostx13 (07-04-2017), Frank@Chicago (07-04-2017)
Old 04-30-2018, 10:24 PM   #23

Jan 2017

After nearly a year of use, Just thought I'd follow up to say that the the 86" 86uh9500 is our most used TV and we use it for all content (Netflix non-hdr, Netflix 4k HDR, 4k HDR blurays, 3D blurays, youtube) so we (wife, myself, family, friends) are obviously still happy with this tv. And I am still finding 3d to be quite good. Id estimate we use the 86" about 70% of time and 65" OLED 30% of time. Enjoying the immersion of this large tv combined with great compatibility with top quality content from 4k HDR10/DolbyVision blurays, Netflix Dolby vision HDR, and great passive 3d with 3d blurays.

However, between this 86" led LCD model and our 65" OLED, it is still tough to choose a preference. I still really appreciate the superior picture quality of the OLED, especially when fed some reference quality 4k HDR or 3d blurays. But of course I do miss the large 86" size when on the 65". My comments posted in my first post above are still pretty much how I feel.. just with the bottom line update that we use the 86" more due to larger immersion. And my preferred TV between these two seems to be the one I watched last or depends on my mood.

I hope they bring pack passive 3d again in the future or even better glasses free 3d tvs.

I've been considering getting a new JVC RS540 projector and a 135" screen, but from what I've seen I'm expecting to trade some noticeably lower brightness on 4k hdr content and 3d blurays.. the two things I like most (4k HDR and 3d blurays) are both more challenging on projectors due to lower projector brightness capability. Thus I believe this 86" TV is a pretty good balance between size, brightness, and quality performance for 4k HDR and 3d bluray. However will continue to dream and watch market for a 85-100" OLED screen with passive 3d or glasses free 3d.

Last edited by Oled3D>4kBD>2kBD; 09-12-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Thanks given by:
fatboy1111 (05-01-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 04:06 PM   #24
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualEdge View Post
I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually had an 88" Samsung JS9500 about a year ago. Watching stuff on it was like being in an IMAX theater and while I was mostly impressed with it; the amount of haloing/blooming on that set was unacceptable for the amount of money I paid for it, so I returned it while still within my return period. Grabbed a 75" Sony x940D and was largely unimpressed with it once I got it home as well. Finally, went and grabbed a 65" OLED E6 and found that it completely blew away the others. It was the only set of the 3 where I wasn't able to see inherit issues without looking for them. But yeah, there is a HUGE difference between 65" and 88" and I think it all boils down to how many flaws you can live with. For me, I've invested too much into 3D at this point and that severely limits my options if I wanted to try and ever go bigger for the foreseeable future.
Hey DualEdge:

I see you now have a lg 77g6p, as well as a 65 based on the above comments. What do you think of the two in comparison? I have the same tvs and find them very different animals.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:16 PM   #25

Jul 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill722 View Post
Hey DualEdge:

I see you now have a lg 77g6p, as well as a 65 based on the above comments. What do you think of the two in comparison? I have the same tvs and find them very different animals.
I have the 77 and the 65 OLED and prefer the 65 probably because in the Man Cave I sit closer than the 77 in the living room. Also may have to do with same number of pixels on a smaller screen.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:41 PM   #26

Jan 2017

If you prefer the 65", then I would be happy to give you a good price to take the 77g6p off your hands.

Also, as a followup to the original post, I now own both the 86"uh9500 led lcd and 65"c6p oled tv, and I slightly prefer the 86" TV for generally all content including 3d and 4K HDR due to the larger tv immersion even though it trades off some picture quality. I provided more detail in my post here:
The 86"uh9500 and 77"g6p are some truly amazing tvs for large, bright, high quality, passive 3d immersion. I wish more people had a chance to see 3d on these. Its unfortunate that these tvs are so expensive and now becoming hard to find due to being 2016 models. Also, some of the 2017/2018 3d blurays are some of the best yet, for example, Ghost in the Shell, Ready Player One, the Marvel Releases, and more. LG & Samsung are truly doing an injustice to one of the most immersive visual experiences available (modern 3d tech) by not including any 3d on their 2017/2018 tvs... and just as 3d quality finally became good (specifically passive 3d on bright, perfect black, fast pixels 4k OLED TVs). Hope they bring it back in 2019/2020 oled models... and then eventually to glasses-free 3d on 8k tvs (dream i know ).

Last edited by Oled3D>4kBD>2kBD; 09-12-2018 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:16 PM   #27

Jul 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oled3D>4kBD>2kBD View Post
If you prefer the 65", then I would be happy to give you a good price to take the 77g6p off your hands.

Also, as a followup to the original post, I now own both the 86"uh9500 led lcd and 65"c6p oled tv, and I slightly prefer the 86" TV for generally all content including 3d and 4K HDR due to the larger tv immersion even though it trades off some picture quality. I provided more detail in my post here:
Love both our OLEDs. My wife would never give up her 77 for any reason. Hope LG comes back to the 3D TV market in the near future.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:14 PM   #28

Aug 2008
Omaha, NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill722 View Post
Hey DualEdge:

I actually no longer have the 65" E6 anymore. I started having an issue with watching 3D content where a small vertical band of the picture would not fully resolve leaving it blurry regardless of whether or not you had 3D glasses on. I originally thought it was just crosstalk, but after seeing it on other movies and such, I knew that it wasn't. I thought I could live with it, but then when my wife (who doesn't have an eye for these things at all) made a comment about it without my saying anything about it and then I knew I couldn't. Although it was mostly prominent in dark scenes, watching Beauty and the Beast 3D (live action version) made it quite noticeable throughout the movie.

In any case, a buddy of mine was looking to get a 65" OLED but not pay retail for it, so we worked something out where he got mine for a reasonable price. I did disclose the 3D issue to him beforehand but he said he didn't care either way since neither he nor his wife watched much in 3D. Although, he did say that they did actually watch a movie in 3D later that night and his wife was so impressed with the 3D she wondered what I was talking about and that she wanted to start using the 3D conversion feature on 2D content now. So, I guess perhaps the issue depends on your sensitivity to 3D content? In any case, I was able to track down one of the last G6Ps in the Midwest, and after making some surprisingly accomodating arrangements with Best Buy and Magnolia, I took delivery of it on the day of last year's eclipse (poor delivery guys had to drive it up from Kansas City through what had to be pretty heavy traffic given that eastern Nebraska was an eclipse hot spot).

Anyway, I agree that there were some noticeable differences between the two TVs. I feel as though the G6P has a snappier interface; almost like you can visibly see the added horsepower at work. Likewise, the G6P physically looks more like a premium product than the E6P. Don't get me wrong, the E6P is a very nice looking set, but the G6P is just that much nicer with it's almost bronze-looking finish on the set and remote. Additionally, and I could be wrong about this, but I think that it was also the only set to get the HDR HLG upgrade, which I have used on Youtube content and also DirecTV quite a few times with pretty pleasing results.

77" is also a significant size upgrade and frankly makes the 65" version look tiny by comparison. Although I do still occasionally miss the 88" Samsung's massive screen, I think that I would rather have the middle ground in size with better PQ and the ability to play Dolby Vision content over Samsung's offerings. Bottom line, one year into ownership, I still don't regret giving up the Samsung and I think it was absolutely worth pursuing the 77" G6P.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:09 PM   #29

Nov 2018

How much did you pay for this TV? I'm looking to Buy one similar.

Regards,
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors