Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Stalingrad 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.73
1 day ago
The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.96

Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Good Dinosaur 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.13

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Friday the 13th Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 08-08-2019, 07:45 PM   #1

Mar 2017
Default Recommendations wanted: 3D low ping monitor

Even thought the Playstaiotn 3D Display ada good poing time at the time of release, (33 ms in 2012) compared to gaming-soeciific monitors of today, you gani at least 1.75 out of 2 frames worth of delay of a 60 Hz game picture, assuming you have a 4 ms screen.

A couple questions:

1) Is 4 ms a fast enough in time where if can pipe my Sega Genesis into the 4 ms TV and be able to pull off blocks on Street Fighter 2 that were easy on the Genesis, but hard on the Xbox 360 with even the PS3DTV?

2) I understand the 2 main culprits of ping are the display technology, and the ping cost in converting signals. Is there a low-ping monitor that can accurately, natively, and in a zero-added-ping way, process 240p and 480i signals, and everything up to 2160p, so I can literally use the CRT TV EXCLUSIVELY for light gun games that depend on a sub-microsecond ping time?

3) I understand most use polar 3D because it’s cheaper to have polarized screens built in than to add a shutter to a $100-300 low ping non-polarized monitor, but you can add 3D to ANY existing TV or monitor with a shutter add-on vs a polarizing an existing non-polar display. I looked at Best Buy and found NONE of their monitors have either Shutter or Polar 3D....

a) I prefer Shutter. I always loved the effect in the SegaScope 3D better vs theatrical 3D. Is there a place where I can either buy a low ping shutter monitor or a device which can add Shutter 3D to any display. That would be good for our upstairs TV as well as downstairs.

b) if there’s no such thing, or (as people on blu-ray.com 's Edison 3D sub page say,) no ad-on 3D shutter system timed the shutters with the TV ping accurately enough to say it’s a headache-free SMS-quality picture yet, where can I find Polar Based 3D displays with 4 ms or less?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Tags
3d monitor, low ping, shopping recommendation, video game consoles