Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

The Good Dinosaur 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.13
6 hrs ago
The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.96

Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89

Monster Hunt (Blu-ray)
$15.49

Jaws: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Humpback Whales 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.50

Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.42

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 11-09-2019, 07:02 PM   #61
Power Member

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
a cheaper projector is not any better than a TV in picture quality just size and this could also be a factor depending on room space. also its not everybody that can drop 10K plus on a nice top notch projector.
10K? You can get a good 3D/4K DLP projector for $1500. If you dont need 4K (and you really dont), its even less as others have said. Takes up less room than a panel set too. Just put the unit on a table, shelf, etc. Some units, like one from Optoma, even use Alexa and still under $2K.
Thanks given by:
Okiephile (11-09-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 01:11 PM   #62
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Southern NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by film11 View Post
10K? You can get a good 3D/4K DLP projector for $1500. If you dont need 4K (and you really dont), its even less as others have said. Takes up less room than a panel set too. Just put the unit on a table, shelf, etc. Some units, like one from Optoma, even use Alexa and still under $2K.
you really donít need 4k ? Have you ever seen a movie in 4k ? The difference is night and day, I think youíre wrong on that.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:19 PM   #63
Special Member

Sep 2019
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
you really donít need 4k ? Have you ever seen a movie in 4k ? The difference is night and day, I think youíre wrong on that.
Yes, I have a 4 K Samsung and 4K Blu-ray player. 4K is sharper but not by much. 3D is a much better option. IMHO 100 inch screen is much more impressive. If you can afford 4K go for it, but donít let that get in your way for a great 3D experience.
Thanks given by:
MaxPower111 (11-10-2019)
Old 11-11-2019, 12:18 AM   #64
Power Member

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiephile View Post
Yes, I have a 4 K Samsung and 4K Blu-ray player. 4K is sharper but not by much. 3D is a much better option. IMHO 100 inch screen is much more impressive. If you can afford 4K go for it, but don’t let that get in your way for a great 3D experience.
Agreed. So negligible they needed the HDR gimmick to show any difference. A night & day difference is VHS/Laserdisc. Or DVD/HD. 4K is nowhere near that. I too prefer 3D. Its something no flat image can provide. 4K, 8K, 16K...no matter how many new coats of paint they slap on it, its still the same flat image.
Thanks given by:
Okiephile (11-11-2019)
Old 11-11-2019, 02:14 AM   #65
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Southern NH

You guys are under the assumption Iím comparing 3D 2k with flat 4K but I was talking flat 2k with flat 4K and I do see a lot of difference and I always go for 4K in that case regardless if itís HDR or not.
Old 01-26-2021, 04:45 AM   #66
Power Member

Nov 2009
Calgary
Send a message via Yahoo to chaingunsofdoom

My LG 3D TV from 2013 died tonight. Sound and no picture, so probably LEDs. RIP. Not sure what I want to do now... projector?

My location on the <---- left limits my available options compared to US choices.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:03 AM   #67
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
My LG 3D TV from 2013 died tonight. Sound and no picture, so probably LEDs. RIP. Not sure what I want to do now... projector?

My location on the <---- left limits my available options compared to US choices.
Hi chain

I'm very sorry about your 3D television breaking down. It's something we all worry about. A while back I was curious so I surfed the web to see if any older 3D models we're still being sold new in the box. I did come across a few sites that was selling new in box not used. You might want to surf the web yourself. I think these would come with full warranties.

Good luck
Thanks given by:
chaingunsofdoom (01-26-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 12:14 PM   #68

Jun 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post

Absolutely projector. For what it's worth, I'm someone who came from a nice, passive 3D TV to a projector and the 3D experience on a projector is incomparable. You may not believe it now but you won't miss the tv.
Thanks given by:
chaingunsofdoom (01-26-2021), cmay91472 (01-29-2021), Steedeel (01-26-2021)
Old 01-29-2021, 03:07 PM   #69
Special Member

Dec 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy Crisis View Post
Absolutely projector. For what it's worth, I'm someone who came from a nice, passive 3D TV to a projector and the 3D experience on a projector is incomparable. You may not believe it now but you won't miss the tv.
This is so true... and now with USTs becoming more prevalent, itís even easier to switch to a projector as there is no mounting, long HDMI cable runs, changing bulbs every xxx hours, etc.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:40 PM   #70
Power Member

Mar 2010

Just avoid Samsung and LG...despite the exorbitant cost of their UST units, they dont have 3D. Vava does but its reportedly terrible. BenQ, Epson, Sony, and Optoma (P1 and P2 for USTs) are best bets for 3D.
Old 01-30-2021, 02:58 AM   #71
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Southern NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by film11 View Post
Just avoid Samsung and LG...despite the exorbitant cost of their UST units, they dont have 3D. Vava does but its reportedly terrible. BenQ, Epson, Sony, and Optoma (P1 and P2 for USTs) are best bets for 3D.
and also if 4k matters, Sony is the only native 4k of all UST models (and the most expensive of them all). The others use pixel shift to reach 4k res.
Old 01-31-2021, 02:55 AM   #72

May 2016
North Carolina

how is the crosstalk on the UST epson projectors. I'm pretty picky on whenever there is crosstalk so how would people say the projectors fair on stuff with extreme parallax like spy kids 3. I have an LG UH8500 and a Z9D. The LG is pretty good but there is always some very evidents crosstalk in the top left of the screen (most likely an error in manufacturing). The Z9D contrary to belief is not that bad if you give it like 30 min to an hour to warm up but it definitely suffers from some flicker on bright spots of the screen. Any recommendations on a dedicated 3D projector? don't need anything like 4K, just something bright preferably short throw.
Old 01-31-2021, 11:56 AM   #73
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011

I have an LG 65 inch OLED 3D (passive) TV. It's the best 3D I've ever seen.

How does a 3D compare to OLED 3D?
Old 01-31-2021, 02:56 PM   #74
Special Member

Dec 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtbludger View Post
how is the crosstalk on the UST epson projectors. I'm pretty picky on whenever there is crosstalk so how would people say the projectors fair on stuff with extreme parallax like spy kids 3. I have an LG UH8500 and a Z9D. The LG is pretty good but there is always some very evidents crosstalk in the top left of the screen (most likely an error in manufacturing). The Z9D contrary to belief is not that bad if you give it like 30 min to an hour to warm up but it definitely suffers from some flicker on bright spots of the screen. Any recommendations on a dedicated 3D projector? don't need anything like 4K, just something bright preferably short throw.
Being Active 3D using RF glasses, there is still going to be a hint of crosstalk on well known active 3D troublesome content. On most stuff I tested, crosstalk was minimal to non existent. But when I tested Hugo, a movie that had noticeable crosstalk on my Sony Bravia 65HX950, similar crosstalk did occur.

That being said, in terms of replicating the 3D movie theater experience... the Epson LS500 wins hands down. It is the only UST that can rival the brightness of 3D TVs as it outputs up to 4000 lumens vs the Optoma P2 at 3000 lumens and the VAVA at only 2500 lumens. The brightness is a game breaker as the biggest problem with the 3D on both the VAVA and Optoma is that they couldnít provide an image bright enough to compensate for the glasses. That was a major reason I returned an Optoma P2 due to the poor 3D performance.

For example... when watching Abominable on the P2, the vibrant colors that the 2D version has just wasnít there. When watching on the Epson LS500 on Dynamic mode (100% light output on Dynamic vs 50% light output when on cinema mode which is what I use for watching 4K HDR content), all of the vibrant colors and contrast levels of the 2D were on full display on the 3D as well.

I will say though, the Optoma that used DLP link glasses had no noticeable crosstalk. Maybe due to DLP link vs RF or maybe because the 3D image is much darker and lacking contrast.

So overall, the Epson LS500 is the only UST with enough lumens to produce a 3D image as bright and colorful as any 3D TV. But being active 3D, itís going to face similar challenges on those titles most of us (3D supporters) know that tend to produce some noticeable crosstalk.

One last note... I havenít come across a decent pair of RF glasses. Iím using Xpand X105-RF-X1 and they suck. Disappointing since the Xpand DLP link glasses were the nicest pair Iíve ever used.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors