Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
3 hrs ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$79.96
1 day ago
Monster Hunter (Blu-ray)
$19.96
2 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Show Boat (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 hr ago
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.34
1 day ago
Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Toy Soldiers (Blu-ray)
$14.41
13 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 11-13-2019, 02:10 PM   #1
Special Member

Sep 2010
Bexhill on Sea, UK
Default What type wireless headphones?

My wife and I have recently retired and bought a penthouse near the sea of the southern UK coast. As part of settling in, I am getting two complete Home Cinema & Hifi systems for the lounge and master bedroom. One issue is that the house rules of the apartment block are rather strict about loud music and movies disturbing other residents. I like bands like Metallica, Iron Maiden etc and this poses a problem. Further, I may want to listen to music in the lounge while the wife wants to watch a movie in the bedroom just around the corner. We don't want to disturb each other and the other residents.

The obvious answer seems to be to get 2 wireless headphones - they have to be wireless - but I am uncertain which type suits us best: Bluetooth or transmitter. Please understand that I am not very tech savvy.

Let me explain our needs:

- We DO NOT do any Gaming.
- We DO NOT intend to use the headphones while travelling etc.
- We DO listen to a lot of music and in my case this may include heavy metal bands like Iron Maiden. Also have lots of vinyl records and a turntable.
- We DO watch a lot of movies and as I am a sci-fi movie fan, this often quite loud.

In short, we want to be able to use our headphones indoors only for whatever is coming out of the speaker systems without compromising audio quality.

Both systems that I have on order have bluetooth capabilty but my initial impression is that something like Sennheiser RS175 that uses a transmitter would be the better option than bluetooth given our requirements. Please advice.

PS: I have taken proper measures to minimise subwoofer vibes getting through the floor. Walls are not an issue as the penthouse has no same floor neighbours.
Old 12-22-2019, 04:58 AM   #2

Dec 2019
U.S.
Send a message via AIM to StahCatte Send a message via Yahoo to StahCatte Send a message via Skype™ to StahCatte
Default What type wireless headphones

Yes, I understand that a reversible connector is a very nice trait, but is that trait alone worth phasing out the popular and ubiquitous USB type-A in favor of a completely new connector?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Headphones, Portable Audio, Computer Audio