Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.96

Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Man of Steel 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.81
19 hrs ago
Humpback Whales 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.50

House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Friday the 13th Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
1 hr ago
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 07-08-2020, 11:07 PM   #201
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

So on Monday night my LG 50LB6500-UM crapped out on Monday night. Son said he was playing PS4 and it flashed a bunch of colors and since then is just a series of colored bars and moving white and black blocks, audio still comes through. The manufacture date on the tv was Nov 2014 and I purchased it in Jan 2015 so I mean it was about time to get a new tv. I have been wanting and can afford a new 4K set for the living room but since no one manufactures 3D tv's anymore I did research for repair shops in my area. Did lots of Yelp and Google review searches and there are some shops near me but I found one further out which had excellent reviews. I also work for the state entity that regulates electronic repair so I did some research to see if the guy is licensed and if he has any complaints and he appears to be on the up and up. I called him and he said that it's more than likely the main board that died and he would have to see if he could find one and if he did the part alone would be around $250. I told him that that would be fine, I was interested in keeping this tv if possible and he said he understood.
Here in California electronic manufacturers are required to keep parts on hand for 7 years but they don't often abide by that as the industry has shifted away from repair to extended warranty's, its cheaper and easier for them to just swap your dead set for a new one, most people are happy with that and there is not really a penalty for them not to keep the parts on hand.
So I made arrangements to take my set out to him tomorrow, fingers crossed it can be saved. I googled the part and there seems to be little supply out there and I know there are lot of DIY YouTube videos out there but I don't want to attempt it myself, would rather pay to have a professional fix it.

Also, I did a facebook market search for 3D tv's in my area. One guy is selling a Samsung UN65JS9000F for $1200. Reviews seems decent on that one plus its SUHD. Anyone recommend that one?
Old 07-09-2020, 08:24 AM   #202
Power Member

Mar 2010

Had the same issue as you. LG board went. Guy couldnt get it, though. So I went on Craigslist and got a used set. Still running after 2 years.
Thanks given by:
El Rey (07-09-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 12:58 PM   #203

Jul 2017
england

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
So on Monday night my LG 50LB6500-UM crapped out on Monday night. Son said he was playing PS4 and it flashed a bunch of colors and since then is just a series of colored bars and moving white and black blocks, audio still comes through. The manufacture date on the tv was Nov 2014 and I purchased it in Jan 2015 so I mean it was about time to get a new tv. I have been wanting and can afford a new 4K set for the living room but since no one manufactures 3D tv's anymore I did research for repair shops in my area. Did lots of Yelp and Google review searches and there are some shops near me but I found one further out which had excellent reviews. I also work for the state entity that regulates electronic repair so I did some research to see if the guy is licensed and if he has any complaints and he appears to be on the up and up. I called him and he said that it's more than likely the main board that died and he would have to see if he could find one and if he did the part alone would be around $250. I told him that that would be fine, I was interested in keeping this tv if possible and he said he understood.
Here in California electronic manufacturers are required to keep parts on hand for 7 years but they don't often abide by that as the industry has shifted away from repair to extended warranty's, its cheaper and easier for them to just swap your dead set for a new one, most people are happy with that and there is not really a penalty for them not to keep the parts on hand.
So I made arrangements to take my set out to him tomorrow, fingers crossed it can be saved. I googled the part and there seems to be little supply out there and I know there are lot of DIY YouTube videos out there but I don't want to attempt it myself, would rather pay to have a professional fix it.

Also, I did a facebook market search for 3D tv's in my area. One guy is selling a Samsung UN65JS9000F for $1200. Reviews seems decent on that one plus its SUHD. Anyone recommend that one?

i would be very wary of any 2015 range js8500 or js9000 samsungs

we sold thyem at work and we have had many dozens fixed with fautls reoccuring where the sealant around the edge of the screen fails then they get bright light leaking into the edges of screen

the panels are long since gone, and we have had over a hundred of them in a fairly small store alone-nightmare.

such a shame as a really great 3d tv

oddly never had a single one of the 9500 from that year back -maybe that was full backlit or something and didnt suffer

i often see people selling that set 2nd hand and they usually show the picture on a light screen, but it really shows up on blues and blacks
Old 07-09-2020, 01:26 PM   #204

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by presidentevil3d View Post
[/B]

we sold thyem at work and we have had many dozens fixed with fautls reoccuring where the sealant around the edge of the screen fails then they get bright light leaking into the edges of screen

the panels are long since gone, and we have had over a hundred of them in a fairly small store alone-nightmare.

oddly never had a single one of the 9500 from that year back -maybe that was full backlit or something and didnt suffer

i often see people selling that set 2nd hand and they usually show the picture on a light screen, but it really shows up on blues and blacks
Samsung had a really bad issue with edge bleed during those years
Thanks given by:
El Rey (07-09-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 05:12 PM   #205
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by film11 View Post
Had the same issue as you. LG board went. Guy couldnt get it, though. So I went on Craigslist and got a used set. Still running after 2 years.
yeah the repair guy I spoke with said the board was an issue with these LG's. If he can't find one through his supplier and that is the actual issue I have found a couple online

Quote:
Originally Posted by presidentevil3d View Post
[/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonAlam View Post
Samsung had a really bad issue with edge bleed during those years
thanks guys, I will steer clear of that samsung, was just seeing if someone in my area actually had anything for sale as an option
Old 07-09-2020, 09:27 PM   #206
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

OK so I took my tv to the repair guy and it wasn't the main board, it was the led screen so thus it is officially dead

Did a search of craigslist and found someone selling an LG OLED55E6P
I am going to email him to check availability and see if I can talk him down from $950
Anyone have any insight on this tv? I always read reviews but if anyone has input here I certainly appreciate it
Old 07-09-2020, 11:49 PM   #207
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
OK so I took my tv to the repair guy and it wasn't the main board, it was the led screen so thus it is officially dead

Did a search of craigslist and found someone selling an LG OLED55E6P
I am going to email him to check availability and see if I can talk him down from $950
Anyone have any insight on this tv? I always read reviews but if anyone has input here I certainly appreciate it
Should verify that this is not one of the units released with misaligned polarized 3D filters.
Old 07-10-2020, 03:55 PM   #208
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

I had a back and forth with the guy, he wouldn't go any lower than $900 which I probably would've agreed on but he only took cash and I could only do Venmo or Paypal right now so it looks like I am just going with a 4K tv for now and my 3D days are behind me for now, which is a shame because I have a good collection of 3D discs. I think I will keep an eye out on FB marketplace and CL for folks selling their old units, I have seen a good amount of cheap ones around me but they are all older and plasma units. Other than that I will see if maybe the next Avatar movies spark a new wave of interest in 3D and manufacturers make tv's again or maybe look into projectors at some point
Old 07-11-2020, 02:28 AM   #209
Power Member

Mar 2010

Only behind you if you don't opt for a projector.
Old 07-12-2020, 12:58 AM   #210

Sep 2013

Quote:
I had a back and forth with the guy, he wouldn't go any lower than $900 which I probably would've agreed on but he only took cash and I could only do Venmo or Paypal right now so it looks like I am just going with a 4K tv for now and my 3D days are behind me for now, which is a shame because I have a good collection of 3D discs. I think I will keep an eye out on FB marketplace and CL for folks selling their old units, I have seen a good amount of cheap ones around me but they are all older and plasma units. Other than that I will see if maybe the next Avatar movies spark a new wave of interest in 3D and manufacturers make tv's again or maybe look into projectors at some point
Check BH Photo , some popup in the used dept .
Thanks given by:
El Rey (07-12-2020)
Old 07-12-2020, 04:39 AM   #211
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

thanks I did check BH but didn't see anything up at the moment. A good amount of stuff around me on CL and FB but mostly old and plasma
I went out and bought a new 4K set for the living room today so for now I will just be keeping an eye out on on FB, CL and BH for a deal on a decent 3D set as a secondary tv
Old 07-15-2020, 04:59 PM   #212

Jul 2013

Hey guys! Was wondering if anyone here would have any insight into where I could get a semi-affordable 3D TV. Would I just be best suited looking locally (Facebook marketplace etc.)? Or is there still an online resource I can use? Really appreciate any insight you guys have.

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2020, 05:35 PM   #213
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

Check FB, Craigslist, OfferUp, LetGo. I found a good amount around me locally but most of them were either too old or plasma.
You can check eBay and Amazon but those sellers know what they have so will ask a good amount and you'll more than likely have to pay shipping.

I am keeping an eye out but at this point I am going to either plan on getting a projector one day or hope that Cameron and the new Avatar films can renew interest in 3D tech again so much that manufacturers start making 3D sets again.
Thanks given by:
Galaxyofterror (07-15-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 10:57 PM   #214

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxyofterror View Post
Hey guys! Was wondering if anyone here would have any insight into where I could get a semi-affordable 3D TV. Would I just be best suited looking locally (Facebook marketplace etc.)? Or is there still an online resource I can use? Really appreciate any insight you guys have.

Thanks!
def facebook marketplace (found a 47in lg passive for $190 the other day still debating on it)

ebay is mostly local pickups only and prices seem to be higher
Thanks given by:
Galaxyofterror (07-15-2020)
Old 07-16-2020, 06:17 AM   #215
Power Member

Mar 2010

Picked up an LG 50" last summer for $200. A lot of use since and no issues. Obviously, it's always a risk but options are limited.
Thanks given by:
El Rey (07-16-2020), Joe D. (07-16-2020), magicforce (07-16-2020)
Old 07-23-2020, 03:03 AM   #216

Jan 2009
Bronx, NY

I was fortunate to find a Samsung 55" 4K/3D model from 2015 locally off Facebook marketplace for $500 last week as an upgrade to a 2014 1080p 3D set. So far so good!
Old 07-23-2020, 03:14 PM   #217
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2019

Facebook Marketplace is gold. I found a Sony xbr-55x850c 4K/3D TV for $400. These Bravia sets have a great picture. The 3D is active but now I've got four total 3D TVs (75,60,55,47") so I should be good for awhile!
Thanks given by:
Damon1281 (07-23-2020), Frank169 (10-01-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors