Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.96

Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Pirates! Band of Misfits 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.71

Dial M for Murder 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.29

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 07-28-2020, 04:21 AM   #1

Jul 2019
Default Newbie setup questions

Hey guys. Please forgive me, I'm a complete newbie. I want to set up a 3d projector with a screen. But I want to tie it into my current setup. Can anyone help? I'm at a loss on how to pass audio to the sound bar and video to the projector. I drew a sketch of my setup linked here.

I haven't bought a projector or 3d Blu Ray player yet because I'm unsure of how they would integrate. I will be using a pull down screen from the ceiling in front of the TV.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200727_220549.jpg (89.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 07-28-2020, 01:10 PM   #2

Dec 2010

you will need a player with dual output, one for audio and one for video. Video to the projector, audio to soundbar. may I ask why you're using a soundbar and not a home theater receiver?
Old 08-25-2020, 02:26 AM   #3

Apr 2013

I've never had a sound bar, so can't help with your original question except to ask if the XBox and NVIDIA boxes have separate audio and video outputs. I found the following online:

"SHIELD TV does not have a native digital optical audio port but it does have two USB ports that can deliver optical audio using an adapter"

Maybe there is a similar solution for the XBox.

Here are a few things to keep in mind if you go the projector route:

Tip 1: I have a video transmitter that sends all video to the projector wirelessly. It has multiple HDMI inputs. One less cable running along the ceiling!

Tip 2: We don't use a screen and have been very happy with the results. We've always had the projector in the living room and the blank wall gives the room a completely different feel.

Tip 3: Be sure to check the throw of the projector, which represents the relationship between picture size and distance from the projector to the wall. There used to be an online calculator, but I haven't looked in a while.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:35 PM   #4

Dec 2010

the source that plays the 3D content would need dual HDMI output. One for video, and one for audio
Thanks given by:
Canada (08-27-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors