Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dreams (PS4)
$9.99
1 day ago
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99
1 day ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99
1 day ago
Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$32.53
5 hrs ago
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 02-09-2020, 01:07 PM   #681
Power Member

Jul 2009
ʞ∩ ǝɥ┴ ©

The CE-34878-0 code actually bricked my last PS4 Pro...well, the game Hitman 2 did due to it throwing that code out whenever there were too many dead bodies on a level.

I had a total of 23 ‘CE-34878-0’ errors in the space of 3.5 hours until I was forced to restart my console which resulted in the dreaded CE-34355-8 ‘PS4 cannot access system storage’ fatal error. I changed the SSHD out, couldn’t boot into safe mode, power cycled and left it overnight. Nothing sorted it.

Went out and bought a new PS4 Pro the next morning and, lo and behold, I had 16 CE-34878-0 crashes/errors in 2 hours on Hitman.

Tried switching between framerate/resolution priority, turning boost mode off, HDR on/off etc. but I could only play about 15 seconds of the game before it crashed. It happened on every save file too. I never did get to finish the final level as I couldn’t risk another potential brick.

I absolutely curse that game, and that error code!

Last edited by THE_FORCE; 02-09-2020 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 01:56 PM   #682
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Damn

Thanks for sharing that, seriously. I plan to stop using BF2 if I get multiple error codes of CE-34878-0. As I mentioned page back is a patch coming out this week sometime that hopefully should address that error code but I’m not 100% certain as the developers haven’t shared details.

The code that hit me up side my face yesterday was one when trying to download the file from PSN. CE-36244-9

This is a new code for me & no It ain’t common. I have downloaded around 4-500 games with no issue on my first Pro.
Thanks given by:
THE_FORCE (02-09-2020)
Old 02-14-2020, 01:19 PM   #683
Power Member

Jul 2009
ʞ∩ ǝɥ┴ ©

I’ve gone and jinxed myself by visiting this thread ffs.

My PS4 Pro that is only 13 months old (CUH-7216B) is a bit buggered. I noticed the GUI hanging and freezing over the last few days and now Rest Mode no longer works. The light glows orange as per normal going into rest mode but then the unit powers off completely.

It won’t power on from the DS4 now and I have to press the fascia power button twice in order for it to turn on, then I’m greeted with the ‘The PS4 wasn’t turned off correctly’ message and it has to rebuild the database every time.

I completely initialized the PS4 via Safe Mode and reinstalled the latest software via USB but still it happens.

I’ve read it could be the internal PSU but it uses a different power supply to previous Pro models so I can’t even swap the one out from my previous Pro.

Can’t believe it’s only 13 months old and I might have to purchase my 3rd Pro. Not having much luck with these.

Last edited by THE_FORCE; 02-14-2020 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 12:40 AM   #684
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

I’m clinging onto my first Pro.

I wouldn’t buy another in your shoes. If problems stilll occur & don’t get resolved somehow I’d buy a PS4 Slim for cheap & wait till PS5 comes out.

The CPU in the PS4 & Xbox One are simply trash.
Thanks given by:
THE_FORCE (02-15-2020)
Old 02-15-2020, 09:22 AM   #685
Power Member

Jul 2009
ʞ∩ ǝɥ┴ ©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
I’m clinging onto my first Pro.

I wouldn’t buy another in your shoes. If problems stilll occur & don’t get resolved somehow I’d buy a PS4 Slim for cheap & wait till PS5 comes out.

The CPU in the PS4 & Xbox One are simply trash.
Yea I feel loathed to buy another one with the PS5 on the horizon but I use Remote Play quite a bit. I’ll see if it corrects itself with a future update.

After a bit of digging it’s been suggested that some games have the potential to break Rest Mode so I’m wondering if it was the latest cheap-arse Kemco game that did it lol.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:07 PM   #686
Power Member

Jul 2009
ʞ∩ ǝɥ┴ ©

Wow! Okay I’m over the moon double style.

I had this delivered today:

...in the hope that it would cure all the system software errors, freezing, lags, crashes etc. from my bedroom PS4 Pro. What a difference!! Not only that, but now Rest Mode also works and doesn’t turn itself off. No need to buy a replacement internal PSU.

I cannot believe the difference this thing has made...it’s literally like a next-gen PS4 Pro.

My GUI flies, seriously. As to load times, I’m currently playing Fernz Gate and on my previous SSHD (Seagate Firecuda 2TB) it would take 25-30 seconds to reach the main menu..even after rebuilding the database. Now it’s about 7 seconds..if that lol.

Unbelievable.

Not only that, but I bought a drive caddy for my PC and used it to format a spare HDD that I couldn’t initialize on my old PS4 Pro, and now my previous, broken PS4 Pro, works again.

Well made up!

I’ve put Seagate Firecudas SSHDs in 3 of my PS4s/Pros and only one of them still works so I won’t be buying anymore of them. I should’ve just gone straight to these Sammy SSDs to begin with and saved all the bother.

Oh well, live and learn. At least I don’t have to buy yet another PS4 Pro. Yippeeee!!

Last edited by THE_FORCE; 02-18-2020 at 06:46 PM.
Thanks given by:
Derb (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 12:36 AM   #687
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_FORCE View Post
Wow! Okay I’m over the moon double style.

I had this delivered today:

...in the hope that it would cure all the system software errors, freezing, lags, crashes etc. from my bedroom PS4 Pro. What a difference!! Not only that, but now Rest Mode also works and doesn’t turn itself off. No need to buy a replacement internal PSU.

I cannot believe the difference this thing has made...it’s literally like a next-gen PS4 Pro.

My GUI flies, seriously. As to load times, I’m currently playing Fernz Gate and on my previous SSHD (Seagate Firecuda 2TB) it would take 25-30 seconds to reach the main menu..even after rebuilding the database. Now it’s about 7 seconds..if that lol.

Unbelievable.

Not only that, but I bought a drive caddy for my PC and used it to format a spare HDD that I couldn’t initialize on my old PS4 Pro, and now my previous, broken PS4 Pro, works again.

Well made up!

I’ve put Seagate Firecudas SSHDs in 3 of my PS4s/Pros and only one of them still works so I won’t be buying anymore of them. I should’ve just gone straight to these Sammy SSDs to begin with and saved all the bother.

Oh well, live and learn. At least I don’t have to buy yet another PS4 Pro. Yippeeee!!
Nice.

I’ve had a Samsung in mine since before I even turned it on in 2016. It’s 33% faster average. It doesn’t magically cure crashes though.
Thanks given by:
THE_FORCE (02-19-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 02:18 AM   #688
Power Member

Jul 2009
ʞ∩ ǝɥ┴ ©

Quote:
Nice.

I’ve had a Samsung in mine since before I even turned it on in 2016. It’s 33% faster average. It doesn’t magically cure crashes though.
lol I’m sure I’ll get some obligatory CE-34878-0 errors again, but it’s just nice not to have the constant CE-36329-3 system software errors that I’ve been getting for the past week.
Thanks given by:
Derb (02-19-2020)
Old 04-04-2020, 02:25 PM   #689
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Don’t know if this is a system issue or PSN issue.

Currently in my Library where you see “Purchased” & “PS Plus” games with a # of how many you have of each.. Well it is wiped clean. Both categories now show,

Purchased - 0
PS Plus - 0

No filters or searches refresh the page & none are available to see.

I went into the PS Store to look at a game I don’t have installed but had purchased digitally & it shows “Download” instead of a price so that’s a good thing.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:35 AM   #690
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

What a bizarre error code.

CE-30035-1

If you get this, it means your system has deactivated all of your games licenses.

To fix this,

- Account Management
- Sign Out
- Sign In
- Activate as Your Primary PS4
- Restore Licences

If you can’t Restore Licences immediately, you’ll get an error code CE-42738-4. Wait a few seconds & try again. Mine worked on second attempt.

After Restoring Licences is complete, NP-39227-3 may appear telling you which Licences couldn’t Restore.

————

The Last of Part 2 digital pre-order I made is what I think is the culprit here as with most digital pre-orders with a firm date, the system will show a countdown timer next to the game tile. TLoU2 tile never showed a countdown timer on my end even though it “was” scheduled for a May release.
Old 04-30-2020, 09:39 PM   #691
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
Manchester, CT
Send a message via AIM to Musashi

Weird thing going on with my PS4 lately. Lately I've had to use 2 different HDMI cables to 2 different screens/setups with my PS4, one of which also uses an Optical cable for the sound. Ideally, the Sound Output options are HDMI/Linear PCM for one and Optical/Bitstream Dolby for the other.

Last few times I've switched, I've found that the Sound Output option is already what it needs to be for the setup being used. I looked at the PS4 and remarked, "It's like you know!"[1]. But..does it know? Can it detect which screen/speaker set it's connected to and adjust the options automatically?

[1]: Thanks Jeff Dunham and Peanut!
Old 04-30-2020, 09:58 PM   #692
Power Member

Oct 2010

I have been using a 4TB Samsung SSD in my Pro for a few weeks now and it is wonderful. Lightning fast load times in Skyrim and other games are pretty nice to have. I have around 190-something games installed, of various sizes. Once the ISPs lifted the data cap, I figured it would be a great time to get my library downloaded, so I bought a 4TB SSD and a 4TB Seagate game drive to use for off-loading and copying my already installed games. I downloaded all the uninstalled games in batches because I didn't want to over-exert the console and it took several days. Not a single issue thus far.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:00 PM   #693
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Don’t know if this is a system issue or PSN issue.

Currently in my Library where you see “Purchased” & “PS Plus” games with a # of how many you have of each.. Well it is wiped clean. Both categories now show,

Purchased - 0
PS Plus - 0

No filters or searches refresh the page & none are available to see.

I went into the PS Store to look at a game I don’t have installed but had purchased digitally & it shows “Download” instead of a price so that’s a good thing.
Got this again.

I remember Grim got this too not long ago & made a thread about it.

Maybe Sony can um.. make a System update to address their digital shenanigans.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:53 PM   #694
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

I'm going to be putting my PS4 on Ebay soon. I have P.T. installed, but will want to wipe my system before putting it up. Is there a way to wipe the system, get the PT demo on there, and not have my profile/any information on the system?

I posted this here because there's no "general PS4 questions" thread, so let me know if this is the wrong place.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:54 PM   #695
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
S p a r t a

Wonder if John Glasscock (the YouTuber) got all the information from this thread
Old 10-15-2020, 10:04 PM   #696
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTL View Post
I'm going to be putting my PS4 on Ebay soon. I have P.T. installed, but will want to wipe my system before putting it up. Is there a way to wipe the system, get the PT demo on there, and not have my profile/any information on the system?

I posted this here because there's no "general PS4 questions" thread, so let me know if this is the wrong place.
You need to sell your account with the system if you're intending to sell it with PT included. As soon as you wipe your PS4 that PT demo will never be able to be re downloaded or played again as far as I know.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:30 PM   #697
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
You need to sell your account with the system if you're intending to sell it with PT included. As soon as you wipe your PS4 that PT demo will never be able to be re downloaded or played again as far as I know.
My HD was currupted before, and was able to redownload it last year or 2 years ago. But I'm assuming the price wont be worth having my account on there.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:33 PM   #698
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
My HD was currupted before, and was able to redownload it last year or 2 years ago. But I'm assuming the price wont be worth having my account on there.
I had it on my OG PS4 but it would never re download on my PS4 Pro, it's still sat in failed downloads

I wouldn't sell my account for it tbh.
Thanks given by:
JayTL (10-15-2020)
Old 10-16-2020, 12:40 AM   #699
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2015

Quote:

This is what I think you can do. Put it on an external, then wipe your ps4. Change your PSN password. (You'll give this to the person who buys it.) Then log in to the wiped PS4 and copy PT back onto it from the external. Make the PS4 your main so PT can be played offline. Disconnect the console and then change your password to what you want it to be. Deactivate the console from the web or over the phone with Sony. The person who buys it will be able to play PT and load disc based games on it but won't be able to update anything or log into to the actual PSN as you. It will be an offline console (at least as long as they want to keep PT).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4