Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dreams (PS4)
$9.99
16 hrs ago
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$14.99
13 hrs ago
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99
16 hrs ago
Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99
13 hrs ago
Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99
20 hrs ago
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99
20 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners (PS4)
$19.99

Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99
17 hrs ago
Shenmue III (PS4)
$9.99

Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99
21 hrs ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99
21 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 11-29-2020, 12:20 PM   #221
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Anyone had lag issues in the last month? I have fibre with 80Mbps and around mid 30 ping. Not had issues before. Mostly Warzone.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:32 PM   #222
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcripe View Post
MW2019 campaign is actually very good, but the campaign is nothing like the Division.
Just got it.
After three hours to install, there was another hour and a half needed to download some Data Pack 1...etc. Whew! Over four hours.

But playing now, and the gunplay is awesome. The controls are super intuitive, the way games should be.

Why arent all game controls this easy? I dont know if I'm making sense. Like, I can pop this game in and in under a minute understand how to play it. I can pop The last Of Us in and out in minutes know how to play it...etc. The controls and buttons are intuitive.
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (01-24-2021)
Old 01-31-2021, 07:35 PM   #223
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Obviously you all can tell I haven’t played a Modern Warfare game in a long time. Last time I played one was on my first Xbox I think

Anyway, I have a question (you’ll think it’s dumb, so pardon my ignorance)

When I put the Call Of Duty Modern Warfare disc in, I see an option to play something called ‘Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War Season One’. WTF is that?
And if I have that, what’s the new 2020 game disc I see on store shelves called ‘Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War’?

I’m confused?
Old 01-31-2021, 07:43 PM   #224
Power Member

Apr 2012
Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiknarf View Post
Obviously you all can tell I haven’t played a Modern Warfare game in a long time. Last time I played one was on my first Xbox I think

Anyway, I have a question (you’ll think it’s dumb, so pardon my ignorance)

When I put the Call Of Duty Modern Warfare disc in, I see an option to play something called ‘Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War Season One’. WTF is that?
And if I have that, what’s the new 2020 game disc I see on store shelves called ‘Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War’?

I’m confused?
Well--to be completely honest, it's just a way for Activision to push you into buying the new Call of Duty Black Ops game. Modern Warfare isn't getting any new seasonal content, so they are nudging you towards the game that is brand new and is getting new content.

What you're seeing on your MW disc and what you see in the stores are one in the same--same Black Ops Cold War game.
Old 01-31-2021, 07:54 PM   #225
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sozo View Post
Well--to be completely honest, it's just a way for Activision to push you into buying the new Call of Duty Black Ops game. Modern Warfare isn't getting any new seasonal content, so they are nudging you towards the game that is brand new and is getting new content.

What you're seeing on your MW disc and what you see in the stores are one in the same--same Black Ops Cold War game.
Ahhh ok
I think I understand

So I’m not a multiplayer guy. I like single player campaign stuff

I’m interested in the 2020 Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War single player campaign. You’re saying i don’t have to buy the new Black Ops Cold War!?? I can play that from my current Modern Warfare disc? But what’s “Season One”? Sounds like it’s multiplayer and not the new campaign written by S Goyer
Old 01-31-2021, 08:02 PM   #226
Power Member

Apr 2012
Kentucky

Quote:
Ahhh ok
I think I understand

So I’m not a multiplayer guy. I like single player campaign stuff

I’m interested in the 2020 Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War single player campaign. You’re saying i don’t have to buy the new Black Ops Cold War!?? I can play that from my current Modern Warfare disc? But what’s “Season One”? Sounds like it’s multiplayer and not the new campaign written by S Goyer
If you have the Modern Warfare disc, that's the only definite content you have.

If you want the Black Ops Cold War game, you'll have to purchase that particular disc or on digital.

If you click the "Black Ops Cold War" picture that you're seeing in Modern Warfare, it'll move you to the store to purchase that.

The Season stuff is tied to multiplayer. Every 70 days or so they come out with new content in the form of a Battle Pass that you earn through playing multiplayer.

Hope that helps a bit. I can imagine the jolt of seeing all that if you haven't played in a while.
Thanks given by:
eiknarf (01-31-2021)
Old 01-31-2021, 08:33 PM   #227
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
If you have the Modern Warfare disc, that's the only definite content you have.

If you want the Black Ops Cold War game, you'll have to purchase that particular disc or on digital.

If you click the "Black Ops Cold War" picture that you're seeing in Modern Warfare, it'll move you to the store to purchase that.

The Season stuff is tied to multiplayer. Every 70 days or so they come out with new content in the form of a Battle Pass that you earn through playing multiplayer.

Hope that helps a bit. I can imagine the jolt of seeing all that if you haven't played in a while.
Oh yeah
I was literally overwhelmed with “WHAT IS ALL THIS!!?”

Thanks for clearing it up

I really like the way all the weapons handle. It legit feels great

Maybe in a few weeks I’ll pick up the disc for Black Ops Cold War just for the campaign. Not for $60 though seeing as I will only being using a fraction of the content
Old 01-31-2021, 08:55 PM   #228
Power Member

Apr 2012
Kentucky

Quote:
Oh yeah
I was literally overwhelmed with “WHAT IS ALL THIS!!?”

Thanks for clearing it up

I really like the way all the weapons handle. It legit feels great

Maybe in a few weeks I’ll pick up the disc for Black Ops Cold War just for the campaign. Not for $60 though seeing as I will only being using a fraction of the content
I liked the campaign but it is very short, and I'm someone who likes to pace himself during games. If you can get it on the cheap that's the way to go.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:27 PM   #229
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
I liked the campaign but it is very short, and I'm someone who likes to pace himself during games. If you can get it on the cheap that's the way to go.
I also wonder why when I put the disc in the PS4, the icon and title that loads up and appears on the screen is
CALL OF DUTY WARZONE

I thought at first that maybe the box contained the wrong disk. Why wouldn’t the app file read CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE?
Old 02-01-2021, 05:04 AM   #230
Power Member

Apr 2012
Kentucky

Quote:
I also wonder why when I put the disc in the PS4, the icon and title that loads up and appears on the screen is
CALL OF DUTY WARZONE

I thought at first that maybe the box contained the wrong disk. Why wouldn’t the app file read CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE?
Just more promotion for their other popular mode, Warzone.

When Modern Warfare first came out, it was as simple as could be. Once Warzone came out, and then later Black Ops Cold War, it essentially nerfed Modern Warfare's main screens to promote their other stuff.

It's really lame. It shouldn't be like that but it is. Apparently Warzone made an absolute bonkers amount of money last year so they want to make sure everyone sees it. It's really confusing and intrusive.
Thanks given by:
eiknarf (02-01-2021)
Old 02-01-2021, 11:49 AM   #231
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
Just more promotion for their other popular mode, Warzone.

When Modern Warfare first came out, it was as simple as could be. Once Warzone came out, and then later Black Ops Cold War, it essentially nerfed Modern Warfare's main screens to promote their other stuff.

It's really lame. It shouldn't be like that but it is. Apparently Warzone made an absolute bonkers amount of money last year so they want to make sure everyone sees it. It's really confusing and intrusive.
Thank you

👍
Thanks given by:
Sozo (02-01-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4