Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99

Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99

Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS4)
$59.88
9 hrs ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99

Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99

NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99

Ys: Memories of Celceta (PS4)
$29.99
1 day ago
Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 04-19-2019, 01:05 PM   #101
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Thomsen View Post
Yes, everything but a few key items (keys to certain areas, mission related items).

You keep all prayer beads and gourds you may have, all consumables, all skills and skill trees you have unlocked, your money, skill points etc,, and even all your prosthetic weapons and upgrades.

You won't be able to find more gourds and prayer beads than the preset number (if you have missed any in your first play-through, you can, however, find those in NG+). Instead you will now find money or Jinzo's Statues at the same locations.

You can keep on adding to your attack points, though - either by using boss memories or by using a skill where you can exchange five skill points for one attack point.

Money quickly becomes a non-issue. Currently I have around 40,000 stuffed in my socks, more consumables than I can ever use, and around 800 spirit emblems.

I find getting skill points is much more of a hassle (at least if you want that trophy for having all skills). The pay-out does not rise as much as I had hoped for in NG+, so I will definitely have to do some farming along the way.

You can, however, rise the pay-out by using the Demon's Bell at the temple and also by giving back Kuro's charm, which you get at the beginning of NG+. Both give you more XP, but as a drawback makes the game more difficult. As I find it to be difficult enough as is, I have not really experimented with either.
Makes sense. I read somewhere that there is a skill point limit each play through..... is that accurate? Does the amount of xp points required to earn a skill point reset in NG+?

Last edited by ScarredLungs; 04-19-2019 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:23 AM   #102
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarredLungs View Post
Makes sense. I read somewhere that there is a skill point limit each play through..... is that accurate? Does the amount of xp points required to earn a skill point reset in NG+?
No, it just continues from NG and keeps increasing. Currently a skill point costs me around 50,000 XP.

It seems to increase with a few thousand for every point you get.

I am not aware of any skill point limit. There might be, but it is not something I have encountered yet.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:14 PM   #103
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Thomsen View Post
No, it just continues from NG and keeps increasing. Currently a skill point costs me around 50,000 XP.

It seems to increase with a few thousand for every point you get.

I am not aware of any skill point limit. There might be, but it is not something I have encountered yet.
Good to know. I have found an excellent place for farming points that helped me before I went and defeated
[Show spoiler] OWL
Old 04-23-2019, 08:54 AM   #104
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Denmark

I managed to beat NG+ yesterday and got my second ending trophy. The first part of the game was basically a cakewalk until I got to
[Show spoiler]Guardian Ape
. From there on, every boss was a challenge again and I ended up skipping several mini-bosses (I am looking at you, Ashina Seven-Spears guy!)

Am continuing straight into NG+2 and going for the so-called bad ending this time.

NG+2 seems to be a sweet spot, where kills finally start paying out decent XP again. I killed the bull and am now going up the mountain to the temple, and I have already earned 5 new skill points.

Incidentally, my controller seems to be breaking up. The left stick and L1 occasionally get stuck, which made the last two bosses way harder than they should have been. I need to order a new one.

I am considering to take a break after this play-through, though. I think I am starting to feel a bit of fatigue. As I mentioned before, I kinda miss Dark Souls 3's approach, were you can find unique high-powered bonus items in both NG+ and NG+2. The only thing that keeps you going here is seeing those last couple of bosses and the trophies (if one cares for that).

Got a decent deal on Resident Evil 2 locally, so I am probably going to jump on that soon instead.
Thanks given by:
ScarredLungs (04-24-2019)
Old 04-24-2019, 09:44 PM   #105
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Right now the
[Show spoiler]corrupted monk on the bridge
is killing me.

Finally beat him. That took longer than it should have.

Last edited by ScarredLungs; 04-25-2019 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:13 AM   #106
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarredLungs View Post
Right now the
[Show spoiler]corrupted monk on the bridge
is killing me.

Finally beat him. That took longer than it should have.
He took me a long time on my first run, too.

I have seen a lot of players on Twitch stealth kill him once or even twice before the battle begins, but I have personally never been able to make it work even once.

[Show spoiler]A friend of mine did just tell me that he did indeed manage stealth kill him first, though. Apparently he used Gachiin's Sugar, grappled onto the the trees on the right and then over to the big overhanging branch on the left and finally jumped down for the kill. I am going to try that myself in my current play-through.

For me, it was the second phase that kept on destroying me. It would just run around frantically and try to dodge whenever. In the end, I made more through luck than wits.

My second play-through, however, I figured out to grapple onto the trees and just quickly keep cycling between them as long as the apparitions are out. That works much better, and I can now get through the second phase only losing a little or even no health at all.

I just finished the third play-through. This one went really quick as I went with the so-called 'bad' ending (the Shura ending), which means you basically bypass 30-40% of the game. The end boss was still a total bastard, though.

I decided to follow through and start NG+3 to get that final ending and the 'all skills' trophy. Hoping to finish the game this weekend, so I can start Resident Evil 2, which just arrived in the mail.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:38 AM   #107
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Denmark

Welp! I spoke too soon.
[Show spoiler]The Monk
is really hardcore on NG+3.

I had no particular trouble with her in NG+ or NG+2, but this time around was different.

I wonder whether they changed something in the recent patch?

According to Reddit, that trick with sneaking up on her before the battle begins with the help of Gachiin's sugar has been nerfed and no longer works. I looked it up, because I still could not do it, even with the sugar.

[Show spoiler]However, when I finally got her, I actually *did* manage to give her an instant deathblow in the second phase. I jumped up on a tree, just as it started, and immediately saw the big red dot and went for it. So it still can be done. Just not before the first phase, like other people used to do.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:47 PM   #108
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2012
California

Just played this and what a tough game. The final boss took me literally 8 hours to beat. However, a fantastic game, but truly wish there was an easier mode so I could play the game with a bit more leisure.

Also, there is a way to beat the corrupted monk with cheese by knocking them off the cliff. Took about three tries, but was able to do it.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:44 AM   #109
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

Old 12-04-2020, 09:26 PM   #110
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Let Me In!

What are the coins used for?
Old 02-11-2021, 03:47 PM   #111
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
What are the coins used for?
Probably too late, but you use them to buy things from venders

I just started playing this.. and the learning curve is steeper than the souls games imo
Old 02-16-2021, 04:06 PM   #112
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

[Show spoiler]Genichiro Ashina/Way of Tomoe
is the first boss I had actual difficulty with, it felt so good when I beat him
Old 02-22-2021, 09:32 AM   #113
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

I have to say that while the ‘meat’ of the game is excellent, overall, there are some disappointing aspects in the game, mainly the reused bosses

it’s as if FromSoftware made a great game, and then were like but it’s not as long as Dark Souls, so let’s reskin the bosses 2-3 times, which made the campaign worse
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4