Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dreams (PS4)
$9.99
1 day ago
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99
1 day ago
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99
1 day ago
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners (PS4)
$19.99

Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$32.53
7 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 11-20-2019, 08:02 AM   #681
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKiller View Post
Knowing CAPCOM I wouldn't be surprised if it's just the standard first released SFV disc and everything else is a dlc code. Hope I'm wrong though.
They already did it for SFV Arcade Edition. And the worst part is that the Arcade Edition discs were newly pressed - they had the Arcade Edition art work as the disc art. But in terms of data, it was the crappy 2015 disc with 16 characters, a handful of stages and the survival mode as the only single player content.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:13 AM   #682
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2017
California
-
-

From Gamestop's description

Quote:
An internet connection is required to redeem downloadable content.
Looks like dlc codes again, Hopefully it'll at least have the post-Arcade patches on the disc, then it'd at least be a slight improvement over that disc.
Old 12-12-2019, 02:30 PM   #683
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
Mary's Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KEEL YOU View Post
I love the cover for the Championship Edition:

What I don't like is how it says in the trailer that if you pre-order Championship Edition today, you'll get all the available Championship Edition content today. It suggests that the disc you'll get in the new Championship Edition is the same disc that's been available for almost 5 years now, with a DLC code inside, just like with the Arcade Edition release.

It would be amazing if all the content was on the disc this time.
Well I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on the Super Deluxe Ultimate Arcade Edition, and I'll instead wait the for new Super Deluxe Ultimate Championship Arcade Edition.

Hopefully then I can get all the DLC included.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:29 PM   #684
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

SF V is getting MORE DLC

Apparently from what I read is that this is happening bc SF6 got delayed. Capcom was originally planning on releasing it next year but production has slowed down
Old 08-10-2020, 03:33 PM   #685
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

This franchise can **** off as far as I'm concerned! The way Capcom handled V by purposely gimping the main game to put so many fighters behind a paywall was a complete a-hole move! Especially staple characters like Sagat, Blanka, and E-Honda! Those characters should ALWAYS be part of the standard roster! SFV was one of my most regrettable purchases this generation!
Old 08-10-2020, 04:05 PM   #686
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

DLC is a legit fighting games problem, not just Street Fighter. I lost track and interest in so many games because of the yearly season passes, so I get the complaint. that's why I learned to not be completist and stick to the 'vanilla' roaster for a lot of games, just so I don't lose interest in the genre as a whole

the best approach for the genre is to get the 'complete version' whenever it arrives. or don't be a completist and just pick up the couple of characters you care about

saying that, for Street Fighter 6, I'll be there day 1. V is one of my top favorite games on ps4
Thanks given by:
JayTL (08-10-2020)
Old 08-10-2020, 04:21 PM   #687
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
DLC is a legit fighting games problem, not just Street Fighter. I lost track and interest in so many games because of the yearly season passes, so I get the complaint. that's why I learned to not be completist and stick to the 'vanilla' roaster for a lot of games, just so I don't lose interest in the genre as a whole

the best approach for the genre is to get the 'complete version' whenever it arrives. or don't be a completist and just pick up the couple of characters you care about

saying that, for Street Fighter 6, I'll be there day 1. V is one of my top favorite games on ps4
I wouldn't have had as big a problem with it except characters like Sagat, E-Honda, Blanka, etc are iconic staples of the SF roster! That was an a$$hole thing to do by putting THOSE characters behind the paywall! I'm all for the creation of new characters and selling them or even putting secondary and tertiary characters behind a paywall. But SAGAT?!? Are you effing kidding me?? E-Honda? Blanka? These characters are so synonymous with the franchise! That was tone-deafness of the highest order!
Old 08-10-2020, 05:07 PM   #688
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post

I can't play DOA anymore because of DLC. At least this game is being supported still I guess? I'm more of a Mortal Kombat guy, and they seem to just release a pack and then move onto the next game. I might still have V, so I might look into all this DLC lol
Old 08-11-2020, 05:30 PM   #689
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
I wouldn't have had as big a problem with it except characters like Sagat, E-Honda, Blanka, etc are iconic staples of the SF roster! That was an a$$hole thing to do by putting THOSE characters behind the paywall! I'm all for the creation of new characters and selling them or even putting secondary and tertiary characters behind a paywall. But SAGAT?!? Are you effing kidding me?? E-Honda? Blanka? These characters are so synonymous with the franchise! That was tone-deafness of the highest order!
Thats exactly how you dont do it. The new characters are automatically crippled if not everyone has access to them. I only got the Arcade edition and no further DLC so I have no clue who these new characters are. Capcom spent the resources to create those characters and lore behind them and a large portion of the userbase will not be able to use them and that hurts their growth potential in future games. The vets have fans that will get them more so than a new fighter. It makes sense to have older characters as DLC. It incentives the season passes
Old 08-11-2020, 05:39 PM   #690
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Thats exactly how you dont do it. The new characters are automatically crippled if not everyone has access to them. I only got the Arcade edition and no further DLC so I have no clue who these new characters are. Capcom spent the resources to create those characters and lore behind them and a large portion of the userbase will not be able to use them and that hurts their growth potential in future games. The vets have fans that will get them more so than a new fighter. It makes sense to have older characters as DLC. It incentives the season passes
No actually what makes sense is to release a COMPLETE game with the entire roster and make DLC be nothing but cosmetic! This piecemeal bullshit needs to stop!
Old 08-11-2020, 05:53 PM   #691
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
No actually what makes sense is to release a COMPLETE game with the entire roster and make DLC be nothing but cosmetic! This piecemeal bullshit needs to stop!
Not for Capcom who profited off of their business model. Characters give fighting games a long tail, not costumes
Old 09-23-2020, 09:12 AM   #692
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Ryu has a Kairi costume! It took them 12 years, but I'm glad they finally acknowledged the EX series. I would love to see some of the roster brought into Street Fighter VI especially Skullomania.

Thanks given by:
Talal86 (10-14-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 11:25 AM   #693
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Karin has a Hokuto costume! I'm convinced the 5th Season 5 character is going to be somebody from the EX roster. Preferably Skullomania!

Thanks given by:
Talal86 (10-14-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 05:41 PM   #694
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
Avondale, Arizona

I always loved Skullomania. Goofy but cool.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:35 AM   #695
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Speaking of which!

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4