Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Love and Monsters (DVD)
$11.99
1 day ago
Pokémon: DP Sinnoh League Victors - The Complete Season (DVD)
$29.96

The Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection (DVD)
$29.99

The Croods: A New Age (DVD)
$17.99

The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.: The Complete Series (DVD)
$9.96

Courage The Cowardly Dog: The Complete Series (DVD)
$20.28

All My Life (DVD)
$17.99

Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors (DVD)
$5.00

Promising Young Woman (DVD)
$19.96

Onward (DVD)
$10.00

Spartacus: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$22.49

Half Brothers (DVD)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 10-28-2020, 01:26 AM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
Default Heartland (Canadian drama series)

Could swear I had started a thread already for the Canadian drama series Heartland. Haven't selected a flag icon as there have been physical media DVD releases of the show in either (or both) the States or Canada, along with Germany, the UK and possibly Australia.

A 14th season is currently filming. The previous season is being released on DVD in the UK on Monday 30th November (subject to change).
Old 10-28-2020, 03:36 AM   #2

Apr 2013

My favorite series.
Old 10-28-2020, 05:45 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Calgary, AB, Canada

Since they film it in the area, I can confirm, they are back to filming. Wynonna Earp as well which films here too.

Not sure if there are any movies currently being filmed. We're just awaiting (damn covid) Kevin Costner's newest and Ghostbusters Afterlife which both shot here last year. The province's covid numbers have jumped and gatherings are limited to 15 people, was the latest announcement today.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:41 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Canuck View Post
Since they film it in the area, I can confirm, they are back to filming. Wynonna Earp as well which films here too.

Not sure if there are any movies currently being filmed. We're just awaiting (damn covid) Kevin Costner's newest and Ghostbusters Afterlife which both shot here last year. The province's covid numbers have jumped and gatherings are limited to 15 people, was the latest announcement today.
Have seen posts on the Facebook page for Heartland (either the official page or a fanpage) recently, which said they were back to filming. Have they confirmed how many episodes they're planning to film for the new season? The last couple of seasons, the total number of episodes has come down from eighteen to eleven, and then ten episodes for the 13th season.

Are you getting wintry weather at the moment? I saw a recent post which showed a wintry landscape. Also (and yes this is off-topic), I know Murdoch Mysteries and Frankie Drake Mysteries went back into production for their new seasons, but I don't know if Good Witch has gone back into production (they usually film the Halloween special first).
Old 11-04-2020, 12:57 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Calgary, AB, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Have seen posts on the Facebook page for Heartland (either the official page or a fanpage) recently, which said they were back to filming. Have they confirmed how many episodes they're planning to film for the new season? The last couple of seasons, the total number of episodes has come down from eighteen to eleven, and then ten episodes for the 13th season.

Are you getting wintry weather at the moment? I saw a recent post which showed a wintry landscape. Also (and yes this is off-topic), I know Murdoch Mysteries and Frankie Drake Mysteries went back into production for their new seasons, but I don't know if Good Witch has gone back into production (they usually film the Halloween special first).
No idea on the episode count.

We did have wintry weather for a couple weekends in October (couple weekends ago it was -10 deg C). Yesterday we broke a November record of +23 deg C. Last time it was this high was in 1969. Wintry weather on the way this weekend.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (11-04-2020)
Old 11-05-2020, 12:12 AM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

I've been watching it for a long time, but what's the deal, is a new season coming or what?

Also, I think Season 4 was meant to be the final of the series because the ending sure felt so, but as it was such a success they've decided to keep on going.

Canadian series I've seen:

Anne of Green Gables was canceled.

Schitt's Creek has ended.

Heartland ... pending.

Trailer Park Boys originally ended by the 6th season, stretched to a 7th and then revived by Netflix for 5 more seasons.

Kim's Convenience started out great, got bored of it afterwards.

Orphan Black seasons 1-4 were great, then the 5th came and it felt too exhausting.

Corner Gas loved every episode!
Old 12-10-2020, 01:11 AM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
I've been watching it for a long time, but what's the deal, is a new season coming or what?

Also, I think Season 4 was meant to be the final of the series because the ending sure felt so, but as it was such a success they've decided to keep on going.
Have only just seen your post (and question) about Heartland. Yes, a new season is in the works. I saw on the Facebook page Heartland on CBC a few days ago, that the 14th season of Heartland starts in Canada (on channel CBC) on January 10th, 2021.
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (12-10-2020)
Old 12-10-2020, 01:18 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
Have only just seen your post (and question) about Heartland. Yes, a new season is in the works. I saw on the Facebook page Heartland on CBC a few days ago, that the 14th season of Heartland starts in Canada (on channel CBC) on January 10th, 2021.
Nice. Not too long now.

Wonder how Grampa Jack will look like.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (12-11-2020)
Old 12-11-2020, 12:29 AM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
Nice. Not too long now.

Wonder how Grampa Jack will look like.
A couple of other Canadian series which you may or may not have seen, which I recommend:

- Private Eyes (a fourth season started in Canada a few weeks ago)
- Hudson & Rex (a third season starts in Canada on Citytv in January).
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (12-11-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 05:39 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

The show is available in Germany for its first six seasons.

https://www.amazon.de/Heartland-Para...dp/B00JKAJG1A/

Don't know why other countries don't have it.

Edit: The movie is also available.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Amber-Mar...dp/B0090VUL1S/

Last edited by ps3bd_owner; 12-12-2020 at 05:43 PM.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (12-14-2020)
Old 12-14-2020, 11:12 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

ps3bd_owner, the second cover picture is of the TV film A Heartland Christmas? Secondly, are these Blu-ray releases 'SD on Blu-ray'? Occasionly, some German Blu-ray releases of American series have been 'SD on Blu-ray' (the original Dynasty being a good example). Just wanted to check first.

Also, I remembered this past weekend of a couple of other Canadian series you might be interested in:

Burden of Truth (a fourth season is in the works)
Coroner (a third season is in the works).

In the UK, the first two seasons of Burden of Truth, and the first season of Coroner, premiered on Universal Channel. That channel closed down earlier this year. Since then, Sky Witness picked up some of the American and Canadian series Universal Channel premiered in the UK (Chicago Med and Coroner).
Old 12-15-2020, 12:17 AM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

There is a review in English and he said it is in HD.

Quote:
First things first, yes, there is an English soundtrack!

Heartland series 1 to 6 on Blu Ray.

I recommend you pick this Blu Ray boxset up, if you can find it! It's becoming harder to find and is no doubt close to out of print. When I bought the set (March 2018) there was very little information available. I knew there were six seasons included (103 episodes) in HD
I'm sure this boxset was cheaper before. Plus, Momox (the seller) tends to slowly drop the price if you want to be patient and get it a bit cheaper. Your other option is looking on Shpock (think that's how it's spelled).

On Amazon U.K. it was as low as Ł78.. in 2018. https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B00JKAJG1A

Edit: This set was sold for as low as €27.50 (Ł25.06 / $33.41) on eBay Germany! https://www.ebay.de/itm/Box-Heartlan...-/383815865840

Looks pretty sweet, too:

I'm interested now. I'll keep an eye on eBay.de for listings of this.

Last edited by ps3bd_owner; 12-15-2020 at 12:26 AM.
Old 12-15-2020, 09:48 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Have checked Amazon.de. This set of the first six seasons of Heartland was released in Germany by Koch Media. I hope this isn't the same thing which happened with the original NCIS (a Blu-ray boxset of the first five seasons was released in Germany, but nothing since).
Old 12-16-2020, 01:33 AM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
Have checked Amazon.de. This set of the first six seasons of Heartland was released in Germany by Koch Media. I hope this isn't the same thing which happened with the original NCIS (a Blu-ray boxset of the first five seasons was released in Germany, but nothing since).
Germany has that advantage at least, in Canada it's only on DVD.

I think the series can be streamed via the CBC app (free with ads). I remember Schitt's Creek definitely was (only watched one episode, the ads were kinda excessive).
Old 02-06-2021, 01:54 AM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Season 14 episodes are available to watch free of charge on CBC Gem, it requires a VPN if you don't live in Canada, though. They have all seasons, but the previous need to log in to watch.

It also has other shows, too. But Heartland is my favorite of the bunch.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies