Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.96

Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Pirates! Band of Misfits 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Friday the 13th Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
1 day ago
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.71

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players

Old 06-10-2020, 06:25 PM   #221

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regislive View Post
I bought the LG BP550 mod player from 220 and it works great. It was basically the cheapest 3D player that they had and it works as well if not better than my 'main' house player. Honestly I think the sound out of it is fantastic. Region switching is super easy for blu...you just open it up...put the disc in...then hit 1, 2, or 3 for what region (A,B, or C) you want.

I think after promo codes and shipping it was like $120 US.
Thanks, I saw your earlier post saying the same thing.

My current player is an LG and has been fine but is glitching now so I'd like to try another brand, and obviously I need a UK seller.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:20 PM   #222

Nov 2014
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
Thanks, I saw your earlier post saying the same thing.

My current player is an LG and has been fine but is glitching now so I'd like to try another brand, and obviously I need a UK seller.
A while back I bought a Sony bdp-s6700 from the US and I could not be happier. I only use it for playing region A 3D discs to maximize player longevity and would definitely recommend anyone looking for a player to get this sony. The 3D is fantastic and the player has never glitched on anything.
Thanks given by:
the13thman (07-02-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 07:11 PM   #223

Dec 2014
SE Mass, USA, Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazina31 View Post
A while back I bought a Sony bdp-s6700 from the US and I could not be happier. I only use it for playing region A 3D discs to maximize player longevity and would definitely recommend anyone looking for a player to get this sony. The 3D is fantastic and the player has never glitched on anything.
I have one of those, as well, that I use to play non-US region locked discs.

It has been excellent, except for one recent experience: I attempted to watch the new Beauty & the Beast 3D BR that I had bought from the UK. Several times, it gave me a black screen and would then continue, but then it would not continue and I had to power cycle the machine to get it to play. Eventually, I gave up for that night.

A few days later, I tried it on one of my other BR players, a Panasonic DMP-BDT215, and it gave me a message that I wish I had written down or photographed. It concerned the idea that my BR player was not up to date in some way and that I needed to update it.

I wasn't set up for that, so I played around hitting stop then play and after several cycles, it decided to play and I watched it without further incident.

Fast forward another day or two and I tried it on my other Panasonic BR player, a DMP-BDT360, and got the same message. I then looked through the manual for the player and was reminded that it could do firmware updates via wifi, so I did that. I then tried the Beauty and the Beast disc in it and it played flawlessly. The firmware update seemed to make the difference.

I suspect that my Sony was having a similar issue due to the need for newer firmware (which IMO is stupid - discs should be compatible with older players) so I intend to upgrade the firmware on the Sony, since I believe that it can also do that over wifi.

Sorry for the Off-Topic info, but it seems like some discs now require player updates and I thought people might like to know that. I am sure that someone else here knows a lot more about this issue than I. I just wanted to share what worked for me.
Thanks given by:
the13thman (07-02-2020)
Old 07-24-2020, 02:08 AM   #224

Jul 2020

What are my best blu ray player options with 4K, Dolby Vision, and 3D capabilities right now?

Thanks!

Last edited by Colonel Mortimer; 07-24-2020 at 02:28 AM.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:12 AM   #225
Power Member

Oct 2013
Southern California, USA

I believe the current best quality options are the Panasonic UB820 and UB9000.

They're both about the same, but the UB820 is less expensive since it doesn't have the the same analog outputs that the UB9000 has. The UB820 retails for $500.

If the price is too high, then I recommend looking at Sony and LG models. I'm not a fan of Samsung.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:38 AM   #226

Jul 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by revgen View Post
I believe the current best quality options are the Panasonic UB820 and UB9000.

They're both about the same, but the UB820 is less expensive since it doesn't have the the same analog outputs that the UB9000 has. The UB820 retails for $500.

If the price is too high, then I recommend looking at Sony and LG models. I'm not a fan of Samsung.
Awesome! Thanks for the input.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:01 PM   #227
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regislive View Post
I bought the LG BP550 mod player from 220 and it works great. It was basically the cheapest 3D player that they had and it works as well if not better than my 'main' house player. Honestly I think the sound out of it is fantastic. Region switching is super easy for blu...you just open it up...put the disc in...then hit 1, 2, or 3 for what region (A,B, or C) you want.

I think after promo codes and shipping it was like $120 US.
Thanks for the recommendation. Cost a tad bit more now, but had a player scare a few nights ago and the wife and I wanted to pickup a player to have on hand in case one of our other two goes down in the future. This one will keep good company with the spare 2016 lg OLED
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players