Best 3D Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99
 
The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.96
 
Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
The Pirates! Band of Misfits 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99
 
House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
 
Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
 
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Friday the 13th Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
1 day ago
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.71
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2020, 06:25 PM   #221
the13thman the13thman is online now
Moderator
 
the13thman's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
London, England
13
2143
35
2
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regislive View Post
I bought the LG BP550 mod player from 220 and it works great. It was basically the cheapest 3D player that they had and it works as well if not better than my 'main' house player. Honestly I think the sound out of it is fantastic. Region switching is super easy for blu...you just open it up...put the disc in...then hit 1, 2, or 3 for what region (A,B, or C) you want.

I think after promo codes and shipping it was like $120 US.
Thanks, I saw your earlier post saying the same thing.

My current player is an LG and has been fine but is glitching now so I'd like to try another brand, and obviously I need a UK seller.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 03:20 PM   #222
grazina31 grazina31 is offline
Senior Member
 
grazina31's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
-
-
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
Thanks, I saw your earlier post saying the same thing.

My current player is an LG and has been fine but is glitching now so I'd like to try another brand, and obviously I need a UK seller.
A while back I bought a Sony bdp-s6700 from the US and I could not be happier. I only use it for playing region A 3D discs to maximize player longevity and would definitely recommend anyone looking for a player to get this sony. The 3D is fantastic and the player has never glitched on anything.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
the13thman (07-02-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 07:11 PM   #223
Emoto Emoto is offline
Senior Member
 
Emoto's Avatar
 
Dec 2014
SE Mass, USA, Earth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazina31 View Post
A while back I bought a Sony bdp-s6700 from the US and I could not be happier. I only use it for playing region A 3D discs to maximize player longevity and would definitely recommend anyone looking for a player to get this sony. The 3D is fantastic and the player has never glitched on anything.
I have one of those, as well, that I use to play non-US region locked discs.

It has been excellent, except for one recent experience: I attempted to watch the new Beauty & the Beast 3D BR that I had bought from the UK. Several times, it gave me a black screen and would then continue, but then it would not continue and I had to power cycle the machine to get it to play. Eventually, I gave up for that night.

A few days later, I tried it on one of my other BR players, a Panasonic DMP-BDT215, and it gave me a message that I wish I had written down or photographed. It concerned the idea that my BR player was not up to date in some way and that I needed to update it.

I wasn't set up for that, so I played around hitting stop then play and after several cycles, it decided to play and I watched it without further incident.

Fast forward another day or two and I tried it on my other Panasonic BR player, a DMP-BDT360, and got the same message. I then looked through the manual for the player and was reminded that it could do firmware updates via wifi, so I did that. I then tried the Beauty and the Beast disc in it and it played flawlessly. The firmware update seemed to make the difference.

I suspect that my Sony was having a similar issue due to the need for newer firmware (which IMO is stupid - discs should be compatible with older players) so I intend to upgrade the firmware on the Sony, since I believe that it can also do that over wifi.

Sorry for the Off-Topic info, but it seems like some discs now require player updates and I thought people might like to know that. I am sure that someone else here knows a lot more about this issue than I. I just wanted to share what worked for me.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
the13thman (07-02-2020)
Old 07-24-2020, 02:08 AM   #224
Colonel Mortimer Colonel Mortimer is offline
Member
 
Jul 2020
3
Default

What are my best blu ray player options with 4K, Dolby Vision, and 3D capabilities right now?

Thanks!

Last edited by Colonel Mortimer; 07-24-2020 at 02:28 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:12 AM   #225
revgen revgen is offline
Power Member
 
revgen's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
Southern California, USA
17
Default

I believe the current best quality options are the Panasonic UB820 and UB9000.

They're both about the same, but the UB820 is less expensive since it doesn't have the the same analog outputs that the UB9000 has. The UB820 retails for $500.

If the price is too high, then I recommend looking at Sony and LG models. I'm not a fan of Samsung.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:38 AM   #226
Colonel Mortimer Colonel Mortimer is offline
Member
 
Jul 2020
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revgen View Post
I believe the current best quality options are the Panasonic UB820 and UB9000.

They're both about the same, but the UB820 is less expensive since it doesn't have the the same analog outputs that the UB9000 has. The UB820 retails for $500.

If the price is too high, then I recommend looking at Sony and LG models. I'm not a fan of Samsung.
Awesome! Thanks for the input.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 04:01 PM   #227
infiniteCR infiniteCR is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
infiniteCR's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
126
1341
195
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regislive View Post
I bought the LG BP550 mod player from 220 and it works great. It was basically the cheapest 3D player that they had and it works as well if not better than my 'main' house player. Honestly I think the sound out of it is fantastic. Region switching is super easy for blu...you just open it up...put the disc in...then hit 1, 2, or 3 for what region (A,B, or C) you want.

I think after promo codes and shipping it was like $120 US.
Thanks for the recommendation. Cost a tad bit more now, but had a player scare a few nights ago and the wife and I wanted to pickup a player to have on hand in case one of our other two goes down in the future. This one will keep good company with the spare 2016 lg OLED
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:52 AM.