Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
16 hrs ago
Rubber (Blu-ray)
$6.99
6 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$33.99

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Monster Hunter (Blu-ray)
$19.96
15 hrs ago
Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99
12 hrs ago
Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Wonder Woman 1984 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Lovecraft Country: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$26.28
5 hrs ago
NFL Super Bowl LV Champions: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Blu-ray)
$24.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 04-04-2020, 11:31 PM   #21
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008
Ex-Pat of The Diamond Capital of North America™

The amount of people here that are messing around on their spouses is mind boggling. And also very disappointing.
An operator recently came back after some time off and the next fn day, is in someone else's room.
There's a few more here that do that and aren't good at hiding it, or don't care.
I feel that if a person can't go a couple of weeks without getting some, maybe camp life isn't for them. Or marriage life.

I see that my posts are taking a negative turn. I gotta work on that.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:27 PM   #22
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

Today is a fairly big crew change day and I'm a bit freaked.
There's four planes today, but I don't know what size they all are. Usually there's only two, sometimes three. A RJ 85 and ATR 72 and ocassionally a smaller one. Hopefully that means that there's more people leaving than coming.
I've still got a couple of weeks to go yet.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:13 PM   #23
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

One of my co-workers did a massive eff up yesterday. It's not his first time doing that same thing. The mechanics are pissed, especially since it was only last summer that he did this to one our Machines. They're trying to fix ongoing operational stuff and don't want or need extra work.
If these were normal times, I'd say he'd be canned without hesitation. But with us being short staffed, he may have lucked out.

Sorry I only talk about work. It's all I've known for the last three weeks.
I'll be even more boring when I get home and can't do anything at all.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:26 AM   #24
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

I just saw my regular cross-shift and am very happy that he's come in.
He's a kick ass Driller and we need more of that. He'll get great production but not destroy the machine or tooling.
I let him know that I've relenquished our drill and won't be cross shifting him very often now. He's not happy about that.
I've been bouncing from machine to machine and haven't been unhappy to go where I'm needed. It's kinda cool to head for our meeting and not know what I'll be running.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:57 PM   #25
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

We now have to get our temp taken before going to work. It's not a great inconvenience.
But something that I like is, The Company is doing whatever they can to minimize the virus coming here, and also spreading. They've implemented all kinds of rules and sanitizing efforts. They wanna keep The Mine open as long as they can, even while operating at a loss.
I'm very fortunate.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:55 PM   #26
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

Last night I had some standby time so after cleaning my Drill, I watched several music videos on my phone.
One that I watched reminded me of a woman I used to date was called "Forever" by Papa Roach.
Early in our relationship, I was starting to get a feeling that she was possessive and jealous. That got worse and worse but I was in love with her and didn't use better judgement and leave.
One particular time, I had Papa Roach on and she was starting to freak. She shouted, "Who's this fn song about? Some skank you were with before?"
I said, "It's not about a woman, it's about drugs. He even says the word heroin in it." That shut her up about that song.
She was pretty much psychotic and I kicked her out for good not long after.

If anyone reading this is going through jealousy, my best advice is to bail as quickly as you can. Jealousy is a really, really bad thing in a relationship. My time with that woman wasn't pleasant and when I ever think about her, it's not with fond feelings. Other women I've been with, there are always several good things to remember them by. Not that woman though.

Run and don't look back.
Old 04-18-2020, 10:50 PM   #27
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

It seems like some of my teammates may've lost their mojo.
The Driller that I most work alongside, their production had dropped considerably. It's embarrassing when we're on the same drill pattern.
The Drill that used to be mine for the last two years, I was on it last night for the first time in months and man, it is a mess. The tooling on it is really bad. I called our Supervisor after his morning meeting about it and he said they may get to it today. I've got my doubts on that happening and it's likely that I'll be doing it tonight. That'll be the third machine that I've retooled. No other driller here has done one. I enjoy doing that though so it's all good. Because the potential for stuff to get damaged or people get hurt, it's probably preferable that I do it anyway.

There was some drug paraphernalia found on the bus that takes people to our meeting room. It didn't take long for security to find out who's it was and he is now gone. Bad thing for him is, he tried for a long time to get on with that department, it's a great job, but he effed that up badly. Good jobs are difficult to find and I hope he deals with his demons.

Three more shifts and sleeps!!
Old 04-30-2020, 04:33 PM   #28
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

When my son and his wife were staying with me, one of them ruined a pot that was part of an expensive cookware set and I can't get that pot individually.
I'm wondering if I can reign in my slight OCD and not buy another whole set. I really liked those pots and likely would buy the same thing. But it's not on sale at the moment and $1600 could be better spent elsewhere.
It would be good if I could avoid the site that I bought that pot set, but I buy lots of stuff there and am on their site regularly.
C'mon OCD, don't make me do it. Not now.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:05 PM   #29
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

I had to delete that last post.
It's too negative and I shouldn't spread negativity, if I can help it.

Have a good day Peeps.
Old 07-28-2020, 01:00 AM   #30
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

Just over a week ago, a female Operator told me and another fella a about some harassment she was experiencing.
We both told her to report him, but she was fearful of losing her job. The harasser has some authority so I understand her concern. It’s shitty, but sometimes things are like that.
She then showed us pictures he sends her, which I wish I could unsee, and there is video also, which I’m glad I didn’t see.
This really bothered me, but I respected her wish to not tell anyone.
Two days later, she told me that the situation was dealt with and to not concern myself. She didn’t elaborate.

Although it seems done, I feel like shit for not doing anything. She told me and the other fella in confidence and made us promise to not say anything. That doesn’t make me feel any better about it.

I just seen this dude and am completely uncomfortable being around him. He made a Woman a victim and is a piece of shit for doing so.

I don’t know what to do or to think about this. I feel that something should be said or done.
Frick man.
😢😡
Old 07-31-2020, 12:28 AM   #31
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

I deleted those last two because it had slipped my mind that there's a couple of people who stalk me on the site.
They don't contribute in any way and are only on here to see what I write.
I don't want that info that I posted getting to any of my co-workers.

Dang.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:16 PM   #32
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

There may be a CV case up here at one of the Diamond Mines. Not the one that I am at.
Everyone he/she’s been in contact with is in quarantine until they get test results back. There’s no symptoms so hopefully it’s all good.
I’m wondering how short our leash is from the government. The GNWT had been pretty tough until recently.
We had zero cases because of how diligent they’ve been.

*edit

We had a long meeting about that Mine and ours on what happened, how they’re dealing with it and what we’ll do. It was an optimistic meeting and us Grunts are not unhappy.
That dude is gonna be in a heap of trouble, assuming he recovers.

Last edited by Scarriere; 08-01-2020 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Added to it
Old 08-06-2020, 03:04 PM   #33
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

I’m glad that I bailed on doing overtime.
I have to try hard at times to keep my b*tchiness in check. I try hard to be positive and/or cheerful, but I’m a small step from losing my marbles.
If I did another two weeks here, I’d end up in the psych ward.
🤪
Old 09-23-2020, 12:40 PM   #34
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

I was picking up some teammates before a blast and saw an opportunity for a cool pic.
I don’t operate this machine:

2E580B05-CF7A-4D83-920E-21842DBCAFE0.jpg
Thanks given by:
Blu Lemmy (09-25-2020)
Old 09-23-2020, 12:41 PM   #35
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

C1FBBE48-F884-4F26-A5C3-E84D54B48756.jpg
Old 09-25-2020, 12:39 PM   #36
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

My supervisor’s supervisor got canned a couple of days ago and The Company brought back the person that he’d replaced a year and a half ago.
I’m far enough down the Totem Pole that this shouldn’t affect me. We had a couple of Dust Ups, but I’m sure we’ll be okay.
When my Supervisor announced this at yesterday’s meeting, one of my teammates looked at me with a smirk. They were there when one of those confrontations happened.
I’ll just keep my head low and blend in. My supervisor mostly deals with him so that should be easy.

Edit:
It’s actually my supervisors, supervisors, supervisor. ��
The middle one left halfway through last rotation and hasn’t been here this time for...stress.
His stress got fired so he’ll be back next time, I’m guessing.

Last edited by Scarriere; 09-26-2020 at 02:16 AM. Reason: added to it
Old 09-29-2020, 12:38 PM   #37
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

My Teammates and I got animal nicknames from our crossshifts.
Sloth, Donkey, Queen Bee were among some picks and are somewhat appropriate. I got Rattlesnake. I’m not sure about that, but it’s what they picked.
I sure laughed hard at Donkey. The dude who got that IS Donkey!
😝
Old 12-23-2020, 03:27 AM   #38
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

I just had a brief convo with the Shovel Operator and he said it was obvious I’ve got some experience driving Haul Truck.
I have a style that I’ve picked up over the years from other good Operators.
I have noticed that some of the other Drivers are trying to do what I do and that is great. If they not only keep watching, but actually do it, they’ll be more efficient. Most of them are excellent Drivers, they just need to get under the bucket a bit quicker.
There’s so many new people on this Crew. I hope they continue improving whenever they can.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:57 PM   #39
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

A while back, one of my sisters told me a lil story.

She had been getting a hard time from her ex but had to iron out details to do with their break-up. While on the phone with him, he was being an a$$hole and she cut him off with "If you don't stop talking to me like this, I'm gonna tell my brother." He hung up immediately and didn't try to communicate with her for several weeks.

Recently, another family member told me that she was having trouble with her boyfriend and wants him out, which he was resisting. She asked for my help with getting him out and I was quick to say yes. She later called me and said that I don't have to go there, he is leaving on his on accord.

I love that the women in my family know that they can count on me to deal with people that are unnecessarily making their lives difficult.
I also like that males around my family know me enough that when I have to get involved, the situation is going to get serious.

It's a sad state when "men" think that they can get away with shit with smaller, weaker women. They only relent and do right when faced with a possible confrontation with a dad, uncle, brother or son.
We don't have a choice though, who else will help? I've seen and heard stories of The Law failing women in need or in potential jeopardy and the woman and/or children get hurt.
Us dads, brothers, uncles and sons...it's our duty to protect our family members and it should be an automatic reaction.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages