Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Pokémon: DP Sinnoh League Victors - The Complete Season (DVD)
$29.96

The Croods: A New Age (DVD)
$17.99
1 day ago
All My Life (DVD)
$17.99

The Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection (DVD)
$29.99

House, M.D.: Season 1 (DVD)
$28.54
2 hrs ago
Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors (DVD)
$5.00

Promising Young Woman (DVD)
$19.96

Courage The Cowardly Dog: The Complete Series (DVD)
$20.28

Onward (DVD)
$10.00

Spartacus: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$22.38
20 hrs ago
The Divergent Series: 3-Film Collection (DVD)
$9.96

Roots: The Next Generations (DVD)
$9.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 09-07-2015, 01:19 AM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
Default Barnaby Jones (TV series)

The Barnaby Jones: The Complete Collection (Limited Edition) DVD set is scheduled for release in November. The You Tube promo video for the VEI set says there are 45 discs in the set. Will the Cannon crossover episode be included in the set?
Old 09-10-2015, 03:45 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
WV

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Will the Cannon crossover episode be included in the set?
Yes it will according to tvshowsondvd.com
Old 01-05-2021, 10:42 PM   #3

Jan 2017
New England USA

I know this is an old thread but I have a question for anyone who owns either the complete collection (the 45 disc box set) from 2015 or the set VEI released in 2017 which I think is a 30 disc set.

I know the episodes are syndicated cuts and the quality is lousy but I want to add this to our growing collection of older cop shows. It's not as if there is any other option. Having never watched the show I figure I won't miss the cuts portions very much.

Right now VEI is having a sale, the larger box set is only $5.00 more than the set with the fewer discs.
And from what I can see the newer set just has the discs housed in paper sleeves in one large case.

Just wondering if anyone here has an opinion on either one of these collections

Last edited by 2112rushfan; 01-06-2021 at 01:46 AM.
Old 01-05-2021, 11:39 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2112rushfan View Post
I know this is an old thread but I have a question for anyone who owns either the complete collection (the 45 disc box set) from 2015 or the set VEI released in 2017 which I think is a 30 disc set.

I know the episodes are syndicated cuts and the quality is lousy but I want to add this to our growing collection of older cop shows. It's not as if there is any other option. Having never watched the show I figure I won't miss the cuts portions very much.

Right now VEI is having a sale, the larger box set is only $5.00 more than the set with the fewer discs.
And from what I can see the newer set just has the discs housed in paper sleeves in one large case.

Just wondering if anyone here has an opinion ion either one of these collections
With there not being much difference in the price, I'd go for the larger boxset. You get the eight seasons inside the boxset (a similar type of DVD case used for the Mannix season sets from CBS/Paramount), and usually a maximum of four episodes on the discs (occasionly there are five episodes on the odd disc). Don't know about any additional charges, regarding the shipping and delivery of the item.

Currently, am on the final season. The first season is remastered (like on CBS/Paramount's release of the first season). The only other episodes remastered are the two-part Cannon/Barnaby Jones crossover event "The Deadly Conspiracy". These remastered episodes appear to be uncut, compared to the majority of the episodes in VEI's complete series/collection set.

Off the top of my head, I can remember an episode from the fourth season called "Beware the Dog" being uncut (a sign an episode is uncut is if the Act titlecards are there).

There were some feature-length episodes in the later seasons. They're presented as two-parters, but appear to be technically uncut, as when you play the second part, after the title sequence the first Act titlecard doesn't go back to Act I. It continues from where the first part left off.
Thanks given by:
Shawn1968 (01-06-2021)
Old 01-06-2021, 01:06 AM   #5

Jan 2017
New England USA

Thanks Ocean for the info, I am going for the larger box set.
Shipping is free on orders over $30.00. There is a "standard" handling fee of $2.99 per order so it still works out to be a $5.00 difference.

When I bought the Cannon series this summer off amazon I decided to spend the extra money to get the 31 disc box set with the individual cases.
So far hubby and I are really enjoying the series, kinda sad now that we are almost finished with season 5.
Watching the Cannon/Barnaby crossover got us interested in adding Barnaby to our collection.

I also bought Vega$, The Rockford Files, Hart To Hart, Columbo, Starsky & Hutch, Magnum PI, Mannix and The Streets of San Francisco.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (01-06-2021), Professor Echo (01-08-2021)
Old 01-06-2021, 01:29 AM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

VEI's complete collection release of Cannon, I know doesn't include the original (as aired in the States) version of the Cannon/Barnaby Jones crossover. It's presented as a standalone episode with an alternative ending to the one in the two-part version.

Have been meaning to get the complete series release from CBS/Paramount of Vega$, as I was told by a fellow poster on here that it includes the second season remastered/transferred to HD (the original, separate release of the second season wasn't remastered/transferred to HD).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies