Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Big Fish 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.50
14 hrs ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
21 hrs ago
Rick and Morty: The Complete Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$63.50
5 hrs ago
Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
The Croods: A New Age 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.28
3 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Black Clover: Season 1 and 2 Complete (Blu-ray)
$149.99
16 hrs ago
Braveheart 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
The Croods: A New Age (Blu-ray)
$20.98
14 hrs ago
Lake of Satan / Vampire's Night Orgy (Blu-ray)
$14.77
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 12-29-2020, 08:23 PM   #2541
Power Member

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Dent View Post
Ghare Baire is out as a DVD in the Late Ray boxset in the Eclipse series . And once a movie is out in the Eclipse series , it is understood that Criterion is not going to give it a blu ray treatment .
They've upgraded some Eclipse titles to Blu-Ray. Off the top of my head I know of the films in the Early Bergman set (which are on Blu-Ray in the Ingmar Bergman's Cinema set), and Larisa Shepitko's The Ascent.
Old 12-30-2020, 02:02 AM   #2542

Aug 2008

thanks to both of you I stand corrected and happy at that.

I also revisited the latest Agnes Verda set and found all the movies of her's which had come out as a part of the Eclipse series has been included in this new blu ray set.

And it makes me hope again that someday the Three films in the Late Ray set will be re released in the blu ray format
Thanks given by:
ravenus (12-30-2020)
Old 12-30-2020, 04:55 AM   #2543

Aug 2008

Whats the good release of Aranyer Dinratri in DVD ? Must have missed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
^I wouldn't mind Awara (it's probably my favorite Raj Kapoor movie), but Shree 420 can be very twee and Sangam is a massive bore, the S-J score notwithstanding. I doubt they'd do so many RK films because his films would not appeal to people that can't sit through several full-blown song sequences.

I'd be happy if they could release more of Ray's catalog in decent HD - especially hoping for Aranyer Din Ratri and Ghare Bhaire, which at least have good DVD releases suggesting decent HD masters, and wishing for decent elements of Shatranj ke Khiladi and Kanchenjhunga to be discovered.
Old 12-30-2020, 06:26 AM   #2544
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2010
India

I have an Indian DVD (Shraddha Home Video) that, encoding issues aside, seems to at least come from a good source. But I'm not sure it's an HD master.
Old 01-07-2021, 12:36 PM   #2545

May 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Dent View Post
Criterion channel is showing three movies by Raj Kapoor this January . Shree 420, Awara, Sangam.
Is it likely that the quality of broadcast of these films are going to be from transfers that were supervised by Criterion? Obviously, that should ensure that these films are in their original aspect ratio, and have intact the fine grain pattern. I would hate to imagine the restoration efforts of Shemaroo (the copyright right holders) being submitted to the channel.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India