Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Love and Monsters (DVD)
$11.99

Monster Hunter (DVD)
$17.96
6 hrs ago
Northern Exposure: The Complete Series (DVD)
$46.05
3 hrs ago
Pokémon: DP Sinnoh League Victors - The Complete Season (DVD)
$29.96

The Croods: A New Age (DVD)
$17.99

The Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection (DVD)
$29.99

The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.: The Complete Series (DVD)
$9.96

3rd Rock from the Sun: The Complete Series (DVD)
$17.96

Courage The Cowardly Dog: The Complete Series (DVD)
$20.28

All My Life (DVD)
$17.99

Onward (DVD)
$10.00

The Boss Baby (DVD)
$8.75
11 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 12-31-2020, 11:48 PM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Something I was glad to see corrected in the DVD release of the fifth season of Dynasty, was the juddering on actor Michael Praed's ident screen. I remember from either the original airing on BBC One, or on a repeat run on possibly UK Gold, that the background shot of the stone clock tower wasn't stable. That was corrected in the DVD release.

However, I noticed in the sixth season set, that some of the episodes appeared to look 'zoomed-in' (the rest of the episodes looked fine). Also, I don't know when they started having recaps before the title sequence, but before the last two seasons of Dynasty on DVD, the only episode to have a "Previously/Last time, on Dynasty..." recap is the feature-length episode "The Titans".
Old 01-01-2021, 12:44 AM   #22

Sep 2020
Canada

I don't know about the recaps but I'm pretty sure at one point they had pre-title previews of the episode, similar to what Dallas has, at least for season one. I seem to recall these from watching them at the time though my memory may be playing tricks on me.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (01-01-2021)
Old 01-01-2021, 01:40 AM   #23

Oct 2008

I found it on Amazon through a seller ‘Saver sales’, but shipped by Amazon. The seller confirmed that it was the Via Vision dvd. I hope to have it by Tuesday.
Old 01-06-2021, 11:47 PM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Currently on the penultimate disc in the third season set. Actor Jack Coleman has been guest-starring in around a handful of episodes (credited in the end credits, but as a mystery character (but it's
[Show spoiler]Steven Carrington #2).

In some of the episodes I've watched recently, Heather Locklear returned for two episodes (at the time, she was starring in T.J. Hooker, which was in it's second season). One of the storylines has been about Jeff being slowly poisoned by toxic paint in his office.

I commented recently about the juddering on Michael Praed's ident screen being corrected in the fifth season DVD set. I've not noticed this before, but Geoffrey Scott's ident screen has some juddering in the third season DVD set.
Old 01-10-2021, 06:00 AM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Southern California

I happened to stumble across the reunion disc on Amazon when I was Christmas shopping a few weeks and ended up buying the complete series as well on ebay. I watched the first two seasons in college about a decade ago but never got around to the rest, I started watching the third season while working this past week and I've been hooked!

I have to say the double cardboard box disc holders is really bad, I'm scared I'm going to break it every time I have to switch out a disc...
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (01-11-2021)
Old 01-11-2021, 11:44 PM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by critterdvd View Post
I happened to stumble across the reunion disc on Amazon when I was Christmas shopping a few weeks and ended up buying the complete series as well on ebay. I watched the first two seasons in college about a decade ago but never got around to the rest, I started watching the third season while working this past week and I've been hooked!

I have to say the double cardboard box disc holders is really bad, I'm scared I'm going to break it every time I have to switch out a disc...
Did you see any of the spin-off The Colbys? As far as I'm aware, it hasn't had a physical media release in the States (only know of the UK and German DVD releases, which include interviews with three of the castmembers).

Even though it's become very familiar in the third season (my memory of the first two seasons, especially the second, was a bit rusty), I'm still enjoying this rewatch. Got through the majority of the third season in a few weeks.
Old 01-11-2021, 11:51 PM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Did you see any of the spin-off The Colbys? As far as I'm aware, it hasn't had a physical media release in the States (only know of the UK and German DVD releases, which include interviews with three of the castmembers).
Shout! Factory actually put The Colbys out on DVD a few years ago, you can pick it up for about $50-60 on ebay...

I haven't watched it myself, but I have a copy on order. I plan on watching it and 'Dynasty' together by airdate when the time comes. It's a little time consuming switching DVDs, but that's how I watched 'Star Trek' and found it fun.
Old 01-12-2021, 12:04 AM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by critterdvd View Post
Shout! Factory actually put The Colbys out on DVD a few years ago, you can pick it up for about $50-60 on ebay...

I haven't watched it myself, but I have a copy on order. I plan on watching it and 'Dynasty' together by airdate when the time comes. It's a little time consuming switching DVDs, but that's how I watched 'Star Trek' and found it fun.
I stand corrected. I know of several series which Shout have released on DVD (some of which they haven't completed), but had genuinely forgot about them releasing The Colbys.

Yes, I remember it being time-consuming when watching the UK DVD release of Dynasty's sixth and seventh seasons alongside a repeat run of The Colbys on UK channel CBS Drama (it'll be even more time-consuming when I watch the DVD release of The Colbys (the UK release).
Old 01-23-2021, 12:43 AM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmo View Post
[Show spoiler]Until he tries to burn her alive

I know, I know, it was Alexis he was really after heh heh. Didn't know he was let go. At least he was given an actual exit as opposed to many other characters that just leave for no real reason.
Finished off watching Dynasty's third season last night (the season finale "The Cabin" set things up nicely for the
[Show spoiler]fiery cliffhanger, with them establishing four suspects (Congressman Neil McVane, private detective Morgan Hess, tennis pro Mark Jennings and Joseph Anders).

You could see why Lee Bergere apparently asked for more screen time, as especially during the second half of the third season, he was getting less screentime.
Thanks given by:
Spasmo (01-23-2021)
Old 01-23-2021, 12:52 AM   #30

Sep 2020
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Finished off watching Dynasty's third season last night (the season finale "The Cabin" set things up nicely for the
[Show spoiler]fiery cliffhanger, with them establishing four suspects (Congressman Neil McVane, private detective Morgan Hess, tennis pro Mark Jennings and Joseph Anders).

You could see why Lee Bergere apparently asked for more screen time, as especially during the second half of the third season, he was getting less screentime.
Ironic considering they had introduced Kirby his daughter, so you'd think that would give the character more story options but alas, no. I always liked Bergere in the role, thought he brought a certain dignity to the character even though he wasn't always likeable (when he was being mean to Krystle in the first season).
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (01-25-2021)
Old 01-25-2021, 10:08 PM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmo View Post
Ironic considering they had introduced Kirby his daughter, so you'd think that would give the character more story options but alas, no. I always liked Bergere in the role, thought he brought a certain dignity to the character even though he wasn't always likeable (when he was being mean to Krystle in the first season).
It is strange yes, as his character's daughter debuted earlier in the season, so Joseph should have been in more scenes. Maybe with two other actors joining the show (Gordon Thomson and Jack Coleman), and them having plenty of scenes, that Bergere was being shoved out? However, other actors were still getting the same screentime, or more screentime.

Since my previous post, have watched the season four premiere "The Arrest". One of the things I remember about the show, when it was shown on BBC One, was the go-to hospital seen after the early seasons, The Chaney. It's first seen in this episode
[Show spoiler](where Krystle and Alexis are taken to after they're rescued from the cabin fire by Mark Jennings).
Old 02-02-2021, 09:47 PM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Thought Lee Bergere's acting was very good. You sympathised with Joseph, and that last scene where
[Show spoiler]Blake and Jeff found his body in the bungalow, was done well.

In the past week, have watched a two-parter called "The Hearing" (about Blake and Steven fighting for custody of Steven's son Danny).

Coming up soon are three consecutive episodes where a new character debuts in each (Deborah Adair, Michael Nader and Helmut Berger respectively joining the main cast).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies