Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Humpback Whales 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.50

Jaws: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Man of Steel 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.96

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89

Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.42

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Old 12-29-2020, 03:05 PM   #141

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_who View Post
VR headsets, convert your legally owned 3D discs and watch them forever, files donít go bad
Actually, files can degrade over time.
Old 12-30-2020, 07:28 PM   #142

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossTweed View Post
Actually, files can degrade over time.
Can you elaborate on this? I have seen issues with the media the file was stored on but not with the files.
Old 12-31-2020, 03:53 PM   #143

Jun 2011

Just as you stated. The issues on the files can cause the file to degrade over time. It is very slow. I have also made several copies of the same file and have noticed the degradation in video resolution.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:52 AM   #144
Banned

Dec 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_who View Post
VR headsets, convert your legally owned 3D discs and watch them forever, files donít go bad
That does remind me, Vudu has one of the most extensive 3D libraries I know of.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:44 AM   #145
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

My projector still supports 3D and its not so old. I also have a 3D Plasma set but it never gets used.

The VR option is a good one... I think that as VR grows in popularity 3D will certainly come back though 3D looks a bit flat in VR.
Old 01-12-2021, 12:30 AM   #146

Mar 2017

Plus I got some news that is confirmed true. All HDTVs and hire built in 2015 and later are guaranteed to be "shutter 3D ready." all you have to do is do the exact same thing you did with the Sega Master System: buy an add-on dongle (which goes either in an ethernet port or USB port or something haven't got it yet so I don't know exactly which.)

I the only thing you really need in order for this to work is to get the TV to understand the timing of the shutter sinkers it doesn't matter whether the display is OLED or LCD or plasma or whatever new technology comes on the horizon. It doesn't matter whether or not it's 1080P or 4K or 8K or whether it's 60 HZ or 120 HZ or whether it's 24-bit color or 30-bit color. If you got the timing right it'll work.

Sony says they're syncers will work with their TVs guaranteed from 2015 onward and maybe some models earlier might be able to understand it.

And also even though it isn't explicit if you have all this equipment any Sony "disc player" or Internet movie player will work with the computer and TV and the internet and get any information needed to play 3D blu-rays. And in theory it should get 3D4K Discs. (is a 4K disc technically a Blu-ray or is its own separate format known as 4K disc.)

Also Sony said look for MVS on the back of the package. You have to be a little bit of a detective to find it but if you find it that means there's a 2d compatible 3D mode that they just don't want to blur in giant letters 3D because that'll scare some of the fish thanks to 3D hating being popular thanks to the aborted 2012 Super Bowl Broadcast.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:55 AM   #147
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletopper View Post
Plus I got some news that is confirmed true. All HDTVs and hire built in 2015 and later are guaranteed to be "shutter 3D ready." all you have to do is do the exact same thing you did with the Sega Master System: buy an add-on dongle (which goes either in an ethernet port or USB port or something haven't got it yet so I don't know exactly which.)

I the only thing you really need in order for this to work is to get the TV to understand the timing of the shutter sinkers it doesn't matter whether the display is OLED or LCD or plasma or whatever new technology comes on the horizon. It doesn't matter whether or not it's 1080P or 4K or 8K or whether it's 60 HZ or 120 HZ or whether it's 24-bit color or 30-bit color. If you got the timing right it'll work.

Sony says they're syncers will work with their TVs guaranteed from 2015 onward and maybe some models earlier might be able to understand it.

And also even though it isn't explicit if you have all this equipment any Sony "disc player" or Internet movie player will work with the computer and TV and the internet and get any information needed to play 3D blu-rays. And in theory it should get 3D4K Discs. (is a 4K disc technically a Blu-ray or is its own separate format known as 4K disc.)

Also Sony said look for MVS on the back of the package. You have to be a little bit of a detective to find it but if you find it that means there's a 2d compatible 3D mode that they just don't want to blur in giant letters 3D because that'll scare some of the fish thanks to 3D hating being popular thanks to the aborted 2012 Super Bowl Broadcast.
Garbage. Pure garbage.

Also, learn how to spell sync.
Old 01-31-2021, 03:40 PM   #148
Site Manager

Aug 2006
USiberia

Probably due to the upcoming Cinera OLED viewer, the Royole Moon OLED is right now at $299 Prime using a $300 clip on coupon from Royole.

Royole Moon

1080p x 1920 OLED per eye, about 48ļ horizontal field of view* Real 3D w/ 2.3 update. Integrated headphone.
* "800" @ 20m" which is about this from the middle of the theater:

or about 2PH for Academy/16:9 Widescreen movies.

Last edited by Deciazulado; 01-31-2021 at 04:05 PM.
Thanks given by:
Paul H (02-01-2021), revgen (02-01-2021)
Old 01-31-2021, 11:32 PM   #149
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletopper View Post

That's bollocks. Complete and utter bollocks.
Old 02-01-2021, 10:09 AM   #150
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
That's bollocks. Complete and utter bollocks.
Donít sit on the fence Geoff!
Old 02-02-2021, 12:10 PM   #151
Expert Member

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazina31 View Post
My 3D Sony died on the 24th, very close to midnight.
Out of curiosity, what went wrong with it? My Sony is still going thankfully. I have a CRT set from 1983 in anohter room that's been going strong for years. A couple of years ago the tube finally started dying. Upon research, it turned out that there are different manufacted tubes in these models, you take pot luck which one you get. Mine is one of the bad ones. The better ones are still going strong, and I have one on order. Point being, that a few minor tweaks aside here and there, this set has been going for nearly 40 years.

But these contemporary TV's seem to be unsaveable when something goes wrong with them. It's an appaling step backwards in terms of production. I've been lucky with my Sony 3d set, it has lots of great features like the advance white balance settings which has helped me fix colour problems on a handful of discs. It also has lots of inputs, which has come in extremely useful for things like my Wii and VHS. Contemporary sets just don't have this. I'm dreading it packing up for so many reasons.

I used to split my time between each room/tv fairly equally (I watch a lot of old TV and videotapes, and prefer the old TV for that), but with the old one out of order until I can get the replacement tube, the Sony 3D will get a lot more useage.

I'm personally not enamored with 3D movies in the PSVR. The resolution is too low, on mine the image keeps drifting off to one side, which is annoying. Plus it's region locked, and that will stop me from playing the classic 3D stuff I have on RegionA.

Last edited by Eidolon; 02-02-2021 at 12:12 PM. Reason: .
Old 02-02-2021, 12:52 PM   #152

Nov 2014
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
Out of curiosity, what went wrong with it? My Sony is still going thankfully. I have a CRT set from 1983 in anohter room that's been going strong for years. A couple of years ago the tube finally started dying. Upon research, it turned out that there are different manufacted tubes in these models, you take pot luck which one you get. Mine is one of the bad ones. The better ones are still going strong, and I have one on order. Point being, that a few minor tweaks aside here and there, this set has been going for nearly 40 years.

But these contemporary TV's seem to be unsaveable when something goes wrong with them. It's an appaling step backwards in terms of production. I've been lucky with my Sony 3d set, it has lots of great features like the advance white balance settings which has helped me fix colour problems on a handful of discs. It also has lots of inputs, which has come in extremely useful for things like my Wii and VHS. Contemporary sets just don't have this. I'm dreading it packing up for so many reasons.

I used to split my time between each room/tv fairly equally (I watch a lot of old TV and videotapes, and prefer the old TV for that), but with the old one out of order until I can get the replacement tube, the Sony 3D will get a lot more useage.

I'm personally not enamored with 3D movies in the PSVR. The resolution is too low, on mine the image keeps drifting off to one side, which is annoying. Plus it's region locked, and that will stop me from playing the classic 3D stuff I have on RegionA.
So when I turned on the TV, the right side would dim and then the TV would shut off and the led bar would flash red 6 times in a row. I read about it and apparently it is the led board that goes off and needs to be replaced. As the TV was already 5 years olds ( minus 2 days, and that is very important for the outcome), Sony gave me a brand new xh9005. I’m really happy with it. The TV is amazing and was well worth losing 3D for a brand new 2020 model. I already had a very basic projector and that was my main movie watching setup. I’m now looking into getting one that supports 3D, maybe a dlp that always have fantastic 3D reviews.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:58 PM   #153
Expert Member

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazina31 View Post
So when I turned on the TV, the right side would dim and then the TV would shut off and the led bar would flash red 6 times in a row. I read about it and apparently it is the led board that goes off and needs to be replaced. As the TV was already 5 years olds ( minus 2 days, and that is very important for the outcome), Sony gave me a brand new xh9005. Iím really happy with it. The TV is amazing and was well worth losing 3D for a brand new 2020 model. I already had a very basic projector and that was my main movie watching setup. Iím now looking into getting one that supports 3D, maybe a dlp that always have fantastic 3D reviews.
So they couldn't replace the board? Or repair it? That's pretty bad, especially when compared to the situation I have with my old TV. Personally I'd have tried sending the set to a local repairshop first. Sometimes they can haveparts from other TVs that have failed, and on some occasions can cobble a working one together.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:40 PM   #154

Nov 2014
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
So they couldn't replace the board? Or repair it? That's pretty bad, especially when compared to the situation I have with my old TV. Personally I'd have tried sending the set to a local repairshop first. Sometimes they can haveparts from other TVs that have failed, and on some occasions can cobble a working one together.
I read online that the solution is somewhat simple if you have the parts, which I doubt they would have. But to be honest, even having lost 3D which is an absolute bummer, I absolutely prefer the outcome of my warranty claim. To get a brand new top model tv after my nearly 5 years old tv broke is just amazing. Sony definitely lived up to my expectations and I feel completely justified by having everything Sony in my home theatre.
Old 02-04-2021, 12:41 AM   #155
Special Member

Jul 2009

It would be more justified if the new TV could still do 3D. The only thing Sony I have is a Beta VCR.
Old 02-04-2021, 02:25 AM   #156

Nov 2014
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8traxrule View Post
It would be more justified if the new TV could still do 3D. The only thing Sony I have is a Beta VCR.
I could have gotten an older refurbished model or the same model I got, but one used for display. Instead I was rewarded with a brand new one straight out of the box. That to me is customer service done right.
I would love for this one to be firmware upgradeble to 3D. It is allot brighter than my old one so it would be a fantastic experience. Already watched a couple of 3D anaglypgh videos on youtube and was pleasantly surprised. Silent Madness is in my near future and Iím very happy that Dynasty will also include an anaglyph option.
Old 02-05-2021, 04:34 PM   #157
Expert Member

Jan 2011

The good news is there are still many shutter and polarized used and refurbished 3D TVs out there. And some of them are really low-priced.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors