Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
5 hrs ago
My Fair Lady 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Justice Society: World War II (Blu-ray)
$22.99
5 hrs ago
Castle of the Creeping Flesh (Blu-ray)
$15.98
1 day ago
Django 4K + Texas, Adios (Blu-ray)
$42.99

News of the World 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Stagecoach (Blu-ray)
$19.53
18 hrs ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Scare Me (Blu-ray)
$12.99
5 hrs ago
Big Fish 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.50

The Croods: A New Age 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.72
1 day ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 09-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #1

Nov 2010
Default Christine (1983)

Can someone from the Nordic region post a list of available subtitles when they receive or buy Christine on blu-ray please?

It's likely to be cancelled here in the Benelux and I would like to know if the Nordic release contains Dutch subtitles...

Thank you in advance!
Old 09-12-2014, 07:25 PM   #2

Feb 2007

I see itīs given a new release date in Norway. 15th of oct.

It will include 3 New Featurettes.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #3

Apr 2011
Helsinki, Finland

I received the Nordic edition, but with NO Nordic subtitles at all. You can see the usual ratings for Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark on the back cover, but none of these subtitles are on the disc. Neither is Dutch. I have sent an email to Universal/Sony and asked them what's the deal here.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:49 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Somewhere in the South
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepi76 View Post
I received the Nordic edition, but with NO Nordic subtitles at all. You can see the usual ratings for Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark on the back cover, but none of these subtitles are on the disc. Neither is Dutch. I have sent an email to Universal/Sony and asked them what's the deal here.
Something definitely screwed up as it sounds as if they are just using the main European master which has been used in Spain and Germany which does not have Scandinavian subtitles.

Contradicts what CDON claim which is it should have English, Danish, Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian subtitles.

I always thought it was odd that Sony were going to produce a Scandinavian master rather than include the relevant subtitles on the main European master being used elsewhere.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #5

Apr 2011
Helsinki, Finland

People who ordered it online probably already got the info that the product has been cancelled in Nordic region. Uni/Sony tells me that Christine Blu-ray will be produced sometime later and new release date will be set. Has to be next year, me thinks.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Somewhere in the South
-
-

Quote:
People who ordered it online probably already got the info that the product has been cancelled in Nordic region. Uni/Sony tells me that Christine Blu-ray will be produced sometime later and new release date will be set. Has to be next year, me thinks.
They will need to produce a new BD master with the missing Scandinavian and other European subtitles so that will take some time.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:32 PM   #7

Apr 2011
Helsinki, Finland

Yes, it's not coming any time soon. Blu-ray.com still has the release date for this week

EDIT: It's been changed to 'No Release Date' now.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:49 PM   #8
Expert Member

Jul 2007
Norway
Send a message via MSN to alphadec

Quote:
Yes thats what they said to me. But WHO cares about some subtitles it has to be another reason.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:25 PM   #9

Jun 2014
Sweden

Swedish site Discshop has also withdrawn the release date on their site as well (I don't know if it's because of missing nordic subtitles or something else). I ordered it from another place though and it's coming in the mail any day soon. English subs is enough for me, been wanting this movie since it got released by Twilight Time.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:38 AM   #10

Nov 2010

So is this one still coming out this year?
Old 05-27-2015, 10:45 AM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Somewhere in the South
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev D View Post
So is this one still coming out this year?
I guess it depends if Sony believe it is economic to create a new master including Scandinavian subtitles, just to sell to that market.

I never understood why they did not include on the European master they created last year given subtitles take minimal space and Sony usually include all the European language ones on a single disk.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:03 AM   #12

Aug 2019
Sweden

Anyone have any more updates on this title yet?
Or should I go on and but the UK release instead?
Old 01-09-2021, 09:38 PM   #13

Jun 2018
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superemail View Post
Anyone have any more updates on this title yet?
Or should I go on and but the UK release instead?
It seems like this title never got a nordic release even though it was announced. I would recommend the US 4K UHD that includes swedish subtitles on the UHD disc (not on the Blu-ray disc). Not sure about subtitles for the other nordic languages. Seems to be Swedish and Finnish only according to the info here on Blu-ray.com

Itís in stock at discshop.se
https://www.discshop.se/filmer/blura...160521#reviews
Old 01-09-2021, 11:44 PM   #14

Aug 2019
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by hm83 View Post
It seems like this title never got a nordic release even though it was announced. I would recommend the US 4K UHD that includes swedish subtitles on the UHD disc (not on the Blu-ray disc). Not sure about subtitles for the other nordic languages. Seems to be Swedish and Finnish only according to the info here on Blu-ray.com

Itís in stock at discshop.se
https://www.discshop.se/filmer/blura...160521#reviews
Thanks, will take it into consideration. I don't have a 4K player or TV yet though and I don't demand Swedis subs, I prefer English subs if possible. But thanks for the suggestion!
Old 01-14-2021, 04:25 PM   #15

Aug 2019
Sweden

I got this from Amazon.se for 12 EUR (119 SEK) so I am fine. Apperently the price is now raised to 25 EUR.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Scandinavia