Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99

Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99

Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS4)
$59.88
9 hrs ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99

Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99

NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99

Ys: Memories of Celceta (PS4)
$29.99
1 day ago
Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 01-08-2017, 07:15 AM   #201
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude1984 View Post
I agree, best option would be to offer both viewpoints but I don't know from a design perspective whether it is so easy.

Personally, I'd like it remade in the style of RE Remake HD Remaster. For a game that was released some time ago, it really is still fantastic and holds up both in gameplay and visuals.

I do with they'd keep the same voice actress for Claire Redfield from RE2. I'll be curious to see what her character model looks like in RE2 Remake, as it seemed a little off in RE Revelations 2.
Well it was supposed to be Claire 15 years after RE2. Don't know about you, but most people look different at 34 than they do at 19. As for Alyson Court returning, it's possible, but I doubt it since she got really pissy when she was replaced in rev2
Old 01-08-2017, 02:07 PM   #202

Nov 2016
Twin Peaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
Well it was supposed to be Claire 15 years after RE2. Don't know about you, but most people look different at 34 than they do at 19. As for Alyson Court returning, it's possible, but I doubt it since she got really pissy when she was replaced in rev2
It's strange that fans complain about Claire's looks in RE Rev2. I didn't think she looked so bad, though she did look a kinda of grumpy. Nothing against Alyson Court, but I do like Claire's new voice. I do kinda understand though why she was upset. She was only person to voice Claire for over 15 years. I bet she had a lot of pride in that and to be replaced was a slap in the face to her. Id really love to see her return for the RE2 remake, but if she doesn't I'll live.

Last edited by Firefoxie; 01-15-2017 at 01:09 AM.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:14 PM   #203
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoxie View Post
It's strange that fans complain about Claire's looks in RE Rev2. I didn't think she looked so bad, though she did look a kinda of grumpy. Nothing against Alyson Court, but I do like Claire's new voice. I do kinda understand though why she was upset. She was only person to voice Claire for over 15 years. I bet she had a lot of pride in that and to be replaced (and by a man) was a slap in the face to her. Id really love to see her return for the RE2 remake, but if she doesn't I'll live.
For sure. But to be honest, I'd be more sad if Mathew Mercer didn't return to do young Leon after having played him in two CGI movies, 6, and Raid mode for Rev 2. I also just like Mathew Mercer. He's a cool guy.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:10 PM   #204

Dec 2015
London
Send a message via Skype™ to Verisimilitude1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
For sure. But to be honest, I'd be more sad if Mathew Mercer didn't return to do young Leon after having played him in two CGI movies, 6, and Raid mode for Rev 2. I also just like Mathew Mercer. He's a cool guy.
All personal preference of course, but I always found Leon boring as a character though I agree that they should stick with the same voice actors whenever possible. You do associate the voice with the character and grow attached to them (I was annoyed by David Hayter being ditched for MGSV and I was really annoyed when they ditched Terence J. Rotolo for Frank West in Dead Rising 4). These people are a huge part of what makes a character successful if they become popular.

As for Claire Redfield's model in RE Revelations 2, I accept she's 15 years older but the look of the character in terms of facial features just seemed to change so drastically...

Old 01-09-2017, 04:31 PM   #205
Power Member

Jul 2009
Bayonne, NJ, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoxie View Post
It's strange that fans complain about Claire's looks in RE Rev2. I didn't think she looked so bad, though she did look a kinda of grumpy. Nothing against Alyson Court, but I do like Claire's new voice. I do kinda understand though why she was upset. She was only person to voice Claire for over 15 years. I bet she had a lot of pride in that and to be replaced (and by a man) was a slap in the face to her. Id really love to see her return for the RE2 remake, but if she doesn't I'll live.
I was really annoyed that Alyson was replaced for REV2. Claire is my favorite RE character and I think part of that is because she's always been consistently played by the same VA all these years.

Hopefully Capcom got some flak for the change. No offense to Ali Hillis (??? I think she played New-Claire? She sounds a lot like Lightning...) of course.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:25 AM   #206

Nov 2016
Twin Peaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo_chichi View Post
I was really annoyed that Alyson was replaced for REV2. Claire is my favorite RE character and I think part of that is because she's always been consistently played by the same VA all these years.

Hopefully Capcom got some flak for the change. No offense to Ali Hillis (??? I think she played New-Claire? She sounds a lot like Lightning...) of course.
It's strange that Ali Hills was listed as James Baker as Claire, must be a alias. I didn't notice that the voice actress that played Claire also played Lightning.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:25 PM   #207
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009
Germany

Been replaying this for the past couple nights. Haven't played it in years. God, I totally forgot how amazing this game is. Full of atmosphere, sense of dread, suspense, genuine scares, great puzzles and amazing visuals and music. The gameplay is still top notch. Been working on some trophies, too. Perfect remake & remaster of one of the best survival horror games ever made.
Thanks given by:
dallywhitty (01-19-2021), jetjaguar4 (01-05-2021), Talal86 (01-05-2021), tigertron (01-05-2021)
Old 01-14-2021, 03:49 PM   #208
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009
Germany

4 trophies left to Platinum.

Real Survivor
Invisible Enemy Mode
Knife Only
Collect all items
Old 01-14-2021, 08:46 PM   #209
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
Manchester, CT
Send a message via AIM to Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner2007 View Post
4 trophies left to Platinum.

Real Survivor
Invisible Enemy Mode
Knife Only
Collect all items
Real Survival Mode is the hardest part as it has no New Game Plus bonus weapons and must be done on a Hard-equivalent setting. Invisible Enemy and Knife Only can be done on the Very Easy Setting.
Old 01-14-2021, 10:33 PM   #210
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
Real Survival Mode is the hardest part as it has no New Game Plus bonus weapons and must be done on a Hard-equivalent setting. Invisible Enemy and Knife Only can be done on the Very Easy Setting.
Just completed invisible enemies and knife only. Combined these two. Was easier than I thought.
Old 01-16-2021, 04:18 PM   #211
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009
Germany

Done. 100%. Platinum.
Thanks given by:
Nightman (01-16-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4