Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99

Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99

Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS4)
$59.88
9 hrs ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99

Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99

NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99

Ys: Memories of Celceta (PS4)
$29.99
1 day ago
Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 07-27-2017, 05:11 AM   #121
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by kono View Post
ME!!! Best replayability PS4 game!! I'm playing on "Way of the Wise" right now. Currently farming those beautiful ethereal weapons and armors and accessories!
LOL! I just picked this up recently, and I'm still on Way of the Demon. It's pretty much kicking my ass. I am unskilled despite my efforts, and I keep falling back into the habit of playing it like a Souls game. I'm trying to play a dual sword Sign of the Cross build, but I have yet to farm or forge a set of swords with SotC as a starred attribute. Fortunately, this game gives you so many tools with which to work you can go forward without mastering it. I never played the games it supposedly compares to, other than Souls and Bloodborne, but this is so much more fun because of the pace and the loot and the builds and the crafting. I typicall hate crafting in games, but I easily find myself killing an hour of gaming time with the Blacksmith.

I spent an hour this afternoon trying to figure out the timing for parrying in the Marobashi submission. I just don't get it. And I don't get how the good players can set themselves up for SotC, because it takes so long to charge up.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:04 PM   #122

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
LOL! I just picked this up recently, and I'm still on Way of the Demon. It's pretty much kicking my ass. I am unskilled despite my efforts, and I keep falling back into the habit of playing it like a Souls game. I'm trying to play a dual sword Sign of the Cross build, but I have yet to farm or forge a set of swords with SotC as a starred attribute. Fortunately, this game gives you so many tools with which to work you can go forward without mastering it. I never played the games it supposedly compares to, other than Souls and Bloodborne, but this is so much more fun because of the pace and the loot and the builds and the crafting. I typicall hate crafting in games, but I easily find myself killing an hour of gaming time with the Blacksmith.

I spent an hour this afternoon trying to figure out the timing for parrying in the Marobashi submission. I just don't get it. And I don't get how the good players can set themselves up for SotC, because it takes so long to charge up.
Yeah.. Survival in this game seem to base entirely on how you build your armors and weapons and accessories (Very addicting). The rule is so much more relax when comparing to DS and BB. Nioh really try to help you win rather than laugh and torturing your soul. That's probably why I can keep on playing Nioh after beating the game so many times!! Where as, with DS1,2,3 and BB, beat it, uninstalled, move on, never going back. A ONE time deal. lol.. Team Ninja really did a great job with Nioh and it DLCs. I'm a very happy grinder and farmer. In fact, this is the only game on console I play more than 150hrs.

As for the SotC, I don't know, I have never try dual sword, I main in Katana and Kusarigama. I usually don't parry. I circle around and wait for opening. Especially when playing on WotWise, one hit by regular small potato enemy, and I'm pretty much half death. And I'm level 406.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:48 AM   #123
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by kono View Post
As for the SotC, I don't know, I have never try dual sword, I main in Katana and Kusarigama. I usually don't parry. I circle around and wait for opening. Especially when playing on WotWise, one hit by regular small potato enemy, and I'm pretty much half death. And I'm level 406.
I played Way of the Strong with Kusarigama, and it was pretty much fun, but I started the game with dual swords and went back to them for Way of the Demon. That may have been a bad choice, because dual swords really rely heavily on Sign of the Cross and Windstorm, unless you are very good at parrying. Shrike is a really strong parry, and after a couple of hours of practice, I am far less than 50% at it, which is not even close to good enough for Way of the Demon.

Do you use a kunai build with the kusarigama or living weapon, since those seem to be the metas for Way of the Wise? Kusarigama is fun, but terrible at defense, and I would get bored with LW or thrown weapons all the time.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:19 AM   #124

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
I played Way of the Strong with Kusarigama, and it was pretty much fun, but I started the game with dual swords and went back to them for Way of the Demon. That may have been a bad choice, because dual swords really rely heavily on Sign of the Cross and Windstorm, unless you are very good at parrying. Shrike is a really strong parry, and after a couple of hours of practice, I am far less than 50% at it, which is not even close to good enough for Way of the Demon.

Do you use a kunai build with the kusarigama or living weapon, since those seem to be the metas for Way of the Wise? Kusarigama is fun, but terrible at defense, and I would get bored with LW or thrown weapons all the time.
Ahh... I see... Well, my first playthrough was with Katana, and boy, it was TOUGH! I do use parry when I play Katana. However, after I beat the game once, I try out all diff weapons, Kusarigama is just so much more fun to me for some reason. My next weapon will definitely be tonfa.

I do have separate build just for Kunai, just to mess around. When I play the game, I strictly use Kusarigama with Kingo set and the Lucky Tanuki Helmet (I NEED A LOT A LOT A LOT of MONEY LUCK AND AMRITAS) lol!! I do not use LW much (pretty much only when I need to save myself from death). I don't block much either, as my character is definitely not build for that. As soon as I block, my KI pretty much gone down the drain. So, I'm doing a lot of dodging.

When playing WotW, I did have to readjust my play style (which is the awesome thing about Nioh DLCs ng+). What I use to do in WotD no longer work in WotW. Thanks to that, I discovered how powerful the weapon skill "Weakness(armor)", it really make a tremendous different. I can actually see the enemy health bar decreasing. Before, I was like, "did my weapon even do any damage??" lol... fantastic game! A lot more to experiment and discover!

My nephew play dual sword, it is pretty impressive weapon. But for some reason, I'm not good with dual sword. I see he struggle with certain enemy, where as I don't, vice versa. Pretty kool stuff.

This guy is by far my fav Nioh youtuber, check him out. I learned a lot through him. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_I...c1YkIqA/videos

Last edited by kono; 07-28-2017 at 06:27 AM.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:08 PM   #125
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

For those interested, there is a multi-day ethereal katana trading/farming event still going on at subreddit r/Nioh that involves plenty of armor as well. Only accessible if you own Way of the Wise DLC. I picked up two Iai swords and four pieces of Grace armor yesterday alone, and I can't even kill most of the revenants, as many are level 500 and I'm only 310.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:19 PM   #126
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
Default Soul Match Help

Just started playing this after sitting on it for a year. I know, late to the party. But how does Soul Match work exactly in this game. You take a base item and mix it with a material and get a finished product. Should the base be the higher level item or should the mix be the higher level item? I've never played a game that you mix items to make other items so I'm a bit of a noob.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:42 PM   #127
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beard Esquire View Post
Just started playing this after sitting on it for a year. I know, late to the party. But how does Soul Match work exactly in this game. You take a base item and mix it with a material and get a finished product. Should the base be the higher level item or should the mix be the higher level item? I've never played a game that you mix items to make other items so I'm a bit of a noob.
Google is your friend

Honestly, it may be quicker than waiting for a reply on here
Old 01-09-2018, 09:39 PM   #128
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
Cleveland, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticMutation View Post
Google is your friend

Honestly, it may be quicker than waiting for a reply on here
I did use google. But always find that the folks in these threads have better explanations than what I'm finding.

If my understanding is correct you take a low level weapon that you've maxed out and mix it with a higher level weapon? Is that accurate?
Old 01-10-2018, 03:54 PM   #129
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beard Esquire View Post
I did use google. But always find that the folks in these threads have better explanations than what I'm finding.

If my understanding is correct you take a low level weapon that you've maxed out and mix it with a higher level weapon? Is that accurate?
I have no idea dude, sorry. I mentioned Google because no one had replied to your question.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:59 PM   #130
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

Started playing this yesterday.

First boss fight was hell! It took around 20 tries before I was able to beat him.

This game is going to be a problem.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:30 PM   #131
Blu-ray Guru

May 2017
🇺🇸

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryAtNight View Post
Started playing this yesterday.

First boss fight was hell! It took around 20 tries before I was able to beat him.

This game is going to be a problem.
It becomes easier early on with better gear. Stick it out, and chances are you will have a lot of fun. This is one of the very few games I purchased from psn just to always have on my hard drive. Love it!
Old 09-18-2020, 04:55 AM   #132
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head bugs View Post
It becomes easier early on with better gear. Stick it out, and chances are you will have a lot of fun. This is one of the very few games I purchased from psn just to always have on my hard drive. Love it!
I really hope so because I had difficulty in figuring out how to escape the cell and kill the guard in the beginning.

I did the training afterwards and it helped explain the game mechanics somewhat. Unfortunately, I am temporarily suspending playing this game because of its steep learning curve.

I havenít given up on this.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:01 PM   #133
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2015
UK

I donít usually play hardcore action games like Nioh, but I bought it a while ago, played it to death and became bloody good at it (finished all difficulty levels). The learning curve was very steep to begin with (getting killed by the very first guard a few times was a downer initially). Perseverance was definitely key.
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (09-18-2020)
Old 01-19-2021, 05:04 AM   #134
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2011

Iíve tried playing this several times and I am still stuck in the same damn area. This game is almost unplayable.

There is this girl, S. Lu, on YouTube that is an expert on this game. I may just follow her gameplay just so I can make some progress.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4