Best PS4 Game Deals


Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99
 
Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99
 
Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99
 
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99
 
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99
 
Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS4)
$59.88
9 hrs ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99
 
Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99
 
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70
 
Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99
 
Ys: Memories of Celceta (PS4)
$29.99
1 day ago
Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2017, 05:11 AM   #121
jsteinhauer jsteinhauer is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
jsteinhauer's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
120
66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kono View Post
ME!!! Best replayability PS4 game!! I'm playing on "Way of the Wise" right now. Currently farming those beautiful ethereal weapons and armors and accessories!
LOL! I just picked this up recently, and I'm still on Way of the Demon. It's pretty much kicking my ass. I am unskilled despite my efforts, and I keep falling back into the habit of playing it like a Souls game. I'm trying to play a dual sword Sign of the Cross build, but I have yet to farm or forge a set of swords with SotC as a starred attribute. Fortunately, this game gives you so many tools with which to work you can go forward without mastering it. I never played the games it supposedly compares to, other than Souls and Bloodborne, but this is so much more fun because of the pace and the loot and the builds and the crafting. I typicall hate crafting in games, but I easily find myself killing an hour of gaming time with the Blacksmith.

I spent an hour this afternoon trying to figure out the timing for parrying in the Marobashi submission. I just don't get it. And I don't get how the good players can set themselves up for SotC, because it takes so long to charge up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:04 PM   #122
kono kono is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2008
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
LOL! I just picked this up recently, and I'm still on Way of the Demon. It's pretty much kicking my ass. I am unskilled despite my efforts, and I keep falling back into the habit of playing it like a Souls game. I'm trying to play a dual sword Sign of the Cross build, but I have yet to farm or forge a set of swords with SotC as a starred attribute. Fortunately, this game gives you so many tools with which to work you can go forward without mastering it. I never played the games it supposedly compares to, other than Souls and Bloodborne, but this is so much more fun because of the pace and the loot and the builds and the crafting. I typicall hate crafting in games, but I easily find myself killing an hour of gaming time with the Blacksmith.

I spent an hour this afternoon trying to figure out the timing for parrying in the Marobashi submission. I just don't get it. And I don't get how the good players can set themselves up for SotC, because it takes so long to charge up.
Yeah.. Survival in this game seem to base entirely on how you build your armors and weapons and accessories (Very addicting). The rule is so much more relax when comparing to DS and BB. Nioh really try to help you win rather than laugh and torturing your soul. That's probably why I can keep on playing Nioh after beating the game so many times!! Where as, with DS1,2,3 and BB, beat it, uninstalled, move on, never going back. A ONE time deal. lol.. Team Ninja really did a great job with Nioh and it DLCs. I'm a very happy grinder and farmer. In fact, this is the only game on console I play more than 150hrs.

As for the SotC, I don't know, I have never try dual sword, I main in Katana and Kusarigama. I usually don't parry. I circle around and wait for opening. Especially when playing on WotWise, one hit by regular small potato enemy, and I'm pretty much half death. And I'm level 406.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:48 AM   #123
jsteinhauer jsteinhauer is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
jsteinhauer's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
120
66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kono View Post
As for the SotC, I don't know, I have never try dual sword, I main in Katana and Kusarigama. I usually don't parry. I circle around and wait for opening. Especially when playing on WotWise, one hit by regular small potato enemy, and I'm pretty much half death. And I'm level 406.
I played Way of the Strong with Kusarigama, and it was pretty much fun, but I started the game with dual swords and went back to them for Way of the Demon. That may have been a bad choice, because dual swords really rely heavily on Sign of the Cross and Windstorm, unless you are very good at parrying. Shrike is a really strong parry, and after a couple of hours of practice, I am far less than 50% at it, which is not even close to good enough for Way of the Demon.

Do you use a kunai build with the kusarigama or living weapon, since those seem to be the metas for Way of the Wise? Kusarigama is fun, but terrible at defense, and I would get bored with LW or thrown weapons all the time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:19 AM   #124
kono kono is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2008
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
I played Way of the Strong with Kusarigama, and it was pretty much fun, but I started the game with dual swords and went back to them for Way of the Demon. That may have been a bad choice, because dual swords really rely heavily on Sign of the Cross and Windstorm, unless you are very good at parrying. Shrike is a really strong parry, and after a couple of hours of practice, I am far less than 50% at it, which is not even close to good enough for Way of the Demon.

Do you use a kunai build with the kusarigama or living weapon, since those seem to be the metas for Way of the Wise? Kusarigama is fun, but terrible at defense, and I would get bored with LW or thrown weapons all the time.
Ahh... I see... Well, my first playthrough was with Katana, and boy, it was TOUGH! I do use parry when I play Katana. However, after I beat the game once, I try out all diff weapons, Kusarigama is just so much more fun to me for some reason. My next weapon will definitely be tonfa.

I do have separate build just for Kunai, just to mess around. When I play the game, I strictly use Kusarigama with Kingo set and the Lucky Tanuki Helmet (I NEED A LOT A LOT A LOT of MONEY LUCK AND AMRITAS) lol!! I do not use LW much (pretty much only when I need to save myself from death). I don't block much either, as my character is definitely not build for that. As soon as I block, my KI pretty much gone down the drain. So, I'm doing a lot of dodging.

When playing WotW, I did have to readjust my play style (which is the awesome thing about Nioh DLCs ng+). What I use to do in WotD no longer work in WotW. Thanks to that, I discovered how powerful the weapon skill "Weakness(armor)", it really make a tremendous different. I can actually see the enemy health bar decreasing. Before, I was like, "did my weapon even do any damage??" lol... fantastic game! A lot more to experiment and discover!

My nephew play dual sword, it is pretty impressive weapon. But for some reason, I'm not good with dual sword. I see he struggle with certain enemy, where as I don't, vice versa. Pretty kool stuff.

This guy is by far my fav Nioh youtuber, check him out. I learned a lot through him. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_I...c1YkIqA/videos

Last edited by kono; 07-28-2017 at 06:27 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:08 PM   #125
jsteinhauer jsteinhauer is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
jsteinhauer's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
120
66
Default

For those interested, there is a multi-day ethereal katana trading/farming event still going on at subreddit r/Nioh that involves plenty of armor as well. Only accessible if you own Way of the Wise DLC. I picked up two Iai swords and four pieces of Grace armor yesterday alone, and I can't even kill most of the revenants, as many are level 500 and I'm only 310.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:19 PM   #126
Weirded Wonder Weirded Wonder is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Weirded Wonder's Avatar
 
May 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
198
873
28
Default Soul Match Help

Just started playing this after sitting on it for a year. I know, late to the party. But how does Soul Match work exactly in this game. You take a base item and mix it with a material and get a finished product. Should the base be the higher level item or should the mix be the higher level item? I've never played a game that you mix items to make other items so I'm a bit of a noob.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:42 PM   #127
GeneticMutation GeneticMutation is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
GeneticMutation's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
United Kingdom
7
147
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beard Esquire View Post
Just started playing this after sitting on it for a year. I know, late to the party. But how does Soul Match work exactly in this game. You take a base item and mix it with a material and get a finished product. Should the base be the higher level item or should the mix be the higher level item? I've never played a game that you mix items to make other items so I'm a bit of a noob.
Google is your friend

Honestly, it may be quicker than waiting for a reply on here
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:39 PM   #128
Weirded Wonder Weirded Wonder is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Weirded Wonder's Avatar
 
May 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
198
873
28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticMutation View Post
Google is your friend

Honestly, it may be quicker than waiting for a reply on here
I did use google. But always find that the folks in these threads have better explanations than what I'm finding.

If my understanding is correct you take a low level weapon that you've maxed out and mix it with a higher level weapon? Is that accurate?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:54 PM   #129
GeneticMutation GeneticMutation is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
GeneticMutation's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
United Kingdom
7
147
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beard Esquire View Post
I did use google. But always find that the folks in these threads have better explanations than what I'm finding.

If my understanding is correct you take a low level weapon that you've maxed out and mix it with a higher level weapon? Is that accurate?
I have no idea dude, sorry. I mentioned Google because no one had replied to your question.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:59 PM   #130
VictoryAtNight VictoryAtNight is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
VictoryAtNight's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]
63
1022
394
4
92
1
Default

Started playing this yesterday.


First boss fight was hell! It took around 20 tries before I was able to beat him.

This game is going to be a problem.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 03:30 PM   #131
Head bugs Head bugs is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Head bugs's Avatar
 
May 2017
🇺🇸
46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryAtNight View Post
Started playing this yesterday.


First boss fight was hell! It took around 20 tries before I was able to beat him.

This game is going to be a problem.
It becomes easier early on with better gear. Stick it out, and chances are you will have a lot of fun. This is one of the very few games I purchased from psn just to always have on my hard drive. Love it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:55 AM   #132
VictoryAtNight VictoryAtNight is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
VictoryAtNight's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]
63
1022
394
4
92
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head bugs View Post
It becomes easier early on with better gear. Stick it out, and chances are you will have a lot of fun. This is one of the very few games I purchased from psn just to always have on my hard drive. Love it!
I really hope so because I had difficulty in figuring out how to escape the cell and kill the guard in the beginning.

I did the training afterwards and it helped explain the game mechanics somewhat. Unfortunately, I am temporarily suspending playing this game because of its steep learning curve.

I havenít given up on this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:01 PM   #133
Ben_C Ben_C is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Ben_C's Avatar
 
Mar 2015
UK
263
1967
Default

I donít usually play hardcore action games like Nioh, but I bought it a while ago, played it to death and became bloody good at it (finished all difficulty levels). The learning curve was very steep to begin with (getting killed by the very first guard a few times was a downer initially). Perseverance was definitely key.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (09-18-2020)
Old 01-19-2021, 05:04 AM   #134
VictoryAtNight VictoryAtNight is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
VictoryAtNight's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]
63
1022
394
4
92
1
Default

Iíve tried playing this several times and I am still stuck in the same damn area. This game is almost unplayable.

There is this girl, S. Lu, on YouTube that is an expert on this game. I may just follow her gameplay just so I can make some progress.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:33 AM.