Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
19 hrs ago
Rubber (Blu-ray)
$6.99
10 hrs ago
Runaway Train (Blu-ray)
$19.99
3 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$8.99
1 hr ago
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Monster Hunter (Blu-ray)
$19.96
19 hrs ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99
16 hrs ago
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$13.99
1 hr ago
Wonder Woman 1984 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 12-18-2020, 11:32 PM   #2141

Aug 2007
Rancho Mirage, CA

Awesome!! thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seizure View Post
Holiday (2018)

Old 01-05-2021, 09:24 PM   #2142

Jan 2020

Here's one that's been bugging me for a few years now:

Australian / New Zealand Horror/Slasher/Creature movie

Typical teens getting picked off one by one movie, I think it's some kind of Wendigo but from Australian mythology. There's only about 4 of them (two young couples).

Set in the outback, in the opening or early part of the film one of the couples is making out in the back of a truck which is speeding towards their meeting point - nobody's driving, it's just got a brick wedged on the accelerator.

Does this ring any bells? Saw it on TV many years ago now and it's really bugging me! Thanks folks.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:28 PM   #2143
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sThrowback View Post
Set in the outback, in the opening or early part of the film one of the couples is making out in the back of a truck which is speeding towards their meeting point - nobody's driving, it's just got a brick wedged on the accelerator.
This happens in Mirage (1990).

Haven't seen it in a long time though, but I think this one is set in the US desert and not Australia. So could be a different movie?

Thanks given by:
judremy (02-11-2021)
Old 01-05-2021, 09:47 PM   #2144

Jan 2020

That's 100% it, not sure where I got the Australian outback from (might have got it mixed-in with Roadgames), thank you so much for that!
Old 01-05-2021, 09:52 PM   #2145
Expert Member

Nov 2015

anyone know of a horror movie with the main character named lester?
Old 01-06-2021, 12:58 AM   #2146
Special Member

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbamoo View Post
Haven't seen it, but maybe Scarecrow?

When high school loner Lester is betrayed then viciously murdered, the bodies start stacking up as the scarecrow seeks vengeance from beyond the grave.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:42 PM   #2147

Mar 2017
Texas

Am I allowed to ask about 90's era Shannon Tweed type films? I'm pretty sure there was a thread about love scenes and I responded to it, and before I got an answer it was deleted - that happened quite a while ago. I only remember what the woman was wearing leading into the scene, and not the scene itself.
Old 01-10-2021, 01:39 AM   #2148
Special Member

Feb 2007

I don't see why not. I just recommend you don't get too explicit in birds and the bees type content.
Old 01-10-2021, 05:26 PM   #2149

Mar 2017
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Accountant View Post
I don't see why not. I just recommend you don't get too explicit in birds and the bees type content.
Oh, definitely not. I don't think I had in the past either.

In the 90's, probably HBO, maybe Showtime, late night type movies of the type that starred people like Shannon Tweed. I think Night Eyes 2 was the first of that type I saw, so I always thought it was part of that movie, but if I see the movie online and skim through it, this outfit does not seem to be in it. The outfit is as drab and plain as can be - a woman wearing a cotton sports jersey - more like the kind you make for a youth league, not professional - just a number on the back of a cotton shirt. The shirt was big enough to cover everything, sorta like Jo Beth Williams in Poltergeist, but it's not that movie. I don't remember a guy in this part of the scene, just a woman walking in her bedroom.
Old 01-18-2021, 02:21 PM   #2150

Aug 2016
Bristol, UK

Quote:
The Love Butcher?
Old 01-19-2021, 11:03 PM   #2151
Expert Member

Nov 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Accountant View Post
Haven't seen it, but maybe Scarecrow?

When high school loner Lester is betrayed then viciously murdered, the bodies start stacking up as the scarecrow seeks vengeance from beyond the grave.

its not that one but thanks for trying!!!
Old 01-19-2021, 11:05 PM   #2152
Expert Member

Nov 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seizure View Post
The Love Butcher?

its possible but i dont think thats it. garden implements were not used in the killings i dont think...

thanks for posting though!!!!
Old 01-20-2021, 12:13 AM   #2153

Feb 2018
Texas

Here's one that has haunted me since the early 80s when I was probably 4-5 at the MOST. I'll get into the creepy details after the description.

It's an animated Frankenstein movie. I remember it looking sort of drawn like a non-scarring normal animated movie would look. But....that was deceiving. It was traumatizing. The scenes I remember:
- The monster grabbing some guys head and mashing it until blood ran between his fingers.
- Dr. Frankenstein falling asleep in a bathtub and when he wakes up, the tub is filled with blood and he starts screaming hysterically when he sees the severed animal's head that has been stuck onto the shower head (either a boar or horse head...can't remember which....maybe both wrong).
- A scene where the village people chase the monster with guns and shoot him through one or both of his hands. He then hides in a church and sees a statue of Jesus on the cross and looks at his hands and then Jesus' hands (even at that age, the symbolism wasn't lost on me).
- What I'm assuming is the end where the monster falls off a cliff (maybe purposely) and it shows him falling upside down in super slow motion. Played very sad.

The moster wore a brown jacket and pants and had either blue or green skin.

Now for the creepy part. This was 1985 at the VERY LATEST. We didn't have any kind of cable until like '88 or '89. Just ABC, NBC, CBS....ya know. So....where in the blue hell did I even SEE this thing? I distinctly remember watching it in our living room at home. We rented VHS tapes from a pharmacy at the time. It was like one wall of selections. Surely they didn't have anything that bizarre, horrific and "out there" back then with such a limited selection. Especially if I can't find it through an internet search. There's like 9,000 Frankenstein movies lol. Makes me wonder if I dreamed the whole thing up. But I remember too many details for that. What was this??
Old 01-20-2021, 12:17 AM   #2154
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamingsux View Post
Here's one that has haunted me since the early 80s when I was probably 4-5 at the MOST. I'll get into the creepy details after the description.

It's an animated Frankenstein movie. I remember it looking sort of drawn like a non-scarring normal animated movie would look. But....that was deceiving. It was traumatizing. The scenes I remember:
- The monster grabbing some guys head and mashing it until blood ran between his fingers.
- Dr. Frankenstein falling asleep in a bathtub and when he wakes up, the tub is filled with blood and he starts screaming hysterically when he sees the severed animal's head that has been stuck onto the shower head (either a boar or horse head...can't remember which....maybe both wrong).
- A scene where the village people chase the monster with guns and shoot him through one or both of his hands. He then hides in a church and sees a statue of Jesus on the cross and looks at his hands and then Jesus' hands (even at that age, the symbolism wasn't lost on me).
- What I'm assuming is the end where the monster falls off a cliff (maybe purposely) and it shows him falling upside down in super slow motion. Played very sad.

The moster wore a brown jacket and pants and had either blue or green skin.

Now for the creepy part. This was 1985 at the VERY LATEST. We didn't have any kind of cable until like '88 or '89. Just ABC, NBC, CBS....ya know. So....where in the blue hell did I even SEE this thing? I distinctly remember watching it in our living room at home. We rented VHS tapes from a pharmacy at the time. It was like one wall of selections. Surely they didn't have anything that bizarre, horrific and "out there" back then with such a limited selection. Especially if I can't find it through an internet search. There's like 9,000 Frankenstein movies lol. Makes me wonder if I dreamed the whole thing up. But I remember too many details for that. What was this??

Kyoufu Densetsu Kaiki! Frankenstein?

Thanks given by:
judremy (02-11-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 12:46 AM   #2155

Feb 2018
Texas

Oh. My. God..

That is actually it! Man...that was a surreal experience watching that video. So...it was an...anime? I mean, that makes sense given the content but I still have no idea HOW I saw it. That part's really bothering me.

Thank you, by the way. You're awesome! It actually exists!
Thanks given by:
ltb2.0 (01-20-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 04:17 AM   #2156
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Quote:
Oh. My. God..

That is actually it! Man...that was a surreal experience watching that video. So...it was an...anime? I mean, that makes sense given the content but I still have no idea HOW I saw it. That part's really bothering me.

Thank you, by the way. You're awesome! It actually exists!
I can't any real credit for this solution. It was literally the first suggestion Google offered up when I searched "animated frankenstein movie". And your description basically screamed "anime".

I'm just thrilled I was able to help find your movie.

By the way.. the whole movie is up on Youtube.
Old 01-20-2021, 06:10 AM   #2157

Feb 2018
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltb2.0 View Post
I can't any real credit for this solution. It was literally the first suggestion Google offered up when I searched "animated frankenstein movie". And your description basically screamed "anime".

I'm just thrilled I was able to help find your movie.

By the way.. the whole movie is up on Youtube.
I think that's why I could never find it. BECAUSE it was an anime. I skipped over it for that reason thinking "there's no way that I saw an anime Frankenstein back when we had no cable and a video store light on selection." I was shooting myself in the foot all these years when it was right there. Plus...I'm not the most Anime savvy person. I like Akira. But that's about the extent of my Anime knowledge.

I've been looking up stuff about it for a while since your post. Wanna hear something else creepy? It was apparently released on July 27, 1981. And one website put the commercial or poster tagline as "A savage creation comes to life!"

I'll be 40 on July 27. Do the math lol. And my last name is Savage. That....frankly gave me pause lol..
Thanks given by:
ltb2.0 (01-20-2021), RCRochester (01-20-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 06:42 AM   #2158
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Quote:
I think that's why I could never find it. BECAUSE it was an anime. I skipped over it for that reason thinking "there's no way that I saw an anime Frankenstein back when we had no cable and a video store light on selection." I was shooting myself in the foot all these years when it was right there. Plus...I'm not the most Anime savvy person. I like Akira. But that's about the extent of my Anime knowledge.

I've been looking up stuff about it for a while since your post. Wanna hear something else creepy? It was apparently released on July 27, 1981. And one website put the commercial or poster tagline as "A savage creation comes to life!"

I'll be 40 on July 27. Do the math lol. And my last name is Savage. That....frankly gave me pause lol..
I am by no means an anime expert.. I just barely started exploring the world of anime beyond Pokemon and Dragon Ball earlier this year. My anime knowledge is practically non-existent.

It also helped that I am entirely unfamiliar with any notable Frankenstein solo animated movies that take the subject that seriously. So I was immediately drawn to it being an anime simply on the violence level you described and the time frame you listed. There simply weren't that many uber violently disturbing animated domestic projects for kids to get ahold of at that time.

But perhaps you're actually the creature from the anime who escaped into reality and you were simply having flashbacks of a prior life? Too many coincidences for me to think otherwise.
Old 01-20-2021, 06:58 AM   #2159

Feb 2018
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltb2.0 View Post
I am by no means an anime expert.. I just barely started exploring the world of anime beyond Pokemon and Dragon Ball earlier this year. My anime knowledge is practically non-existent.

It also helped that I am entirely unfamiliar with any notable Frankenstein solo animated movies that take the subject that seriously. So I was immediately drawn to it being an anime simply on the violence level you described and the time frame you listed. There simply weren't that many uber violently disturbing animated domestic projects for kids to get ahold of at that time.

But perhaps you're actually the creature from the anime who escaped into reality and you were simply having flashbacks of a prior life? Too many coincidences for me to think otherwise.
Lol...good of an explanation as any. I do have a predilection for communicating through monosyllabic grunts unless I really have something to say.

The anime aspect seems so obvious in hindsight. I guess if I had pictured an anime Frankenstein prior to this, I would've thought of something more crazy and with less fealty to the source material. Throw some futuristic cityscapes and robots in there or something. It seems to be a pretty straightforward Frankenstein movie. Copious amounts of horror imagery and all with a gothic, 1700s-1800s eastern European setting. I think I'm gonna head over to YouTube and relive my childhood trauma. Thanks for the YouTube heads up too, btw..
Thanks given by:
ltb2.0 (01-20-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 02:21 PM   #2160

Aug 2016
Bristol, UK

Quote:
its possible but i dont think thats it. garden implements were not used in the killings i dont think...

thanks for posting though!!!!
Slaughterhouse?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies