Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$79.96
1 day ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60
 
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99
 
Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99
 
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.34
1 day ago
Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$29.49
 
Wonder Woman 1984 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Crazy Samurai: 400 vs. 1 (Blu-ray)
$16.99
 
Hammer Films: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$45.99
 
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (Blu-ray)
$22.00
16 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2020, 12:24 AM   #121
NKB2017 NKB2017 is offline
Expert Member
 
Feb 2017
1
Default

A fabulous VIRTUAL premiere Q&A with 'LET HIM GO' cast and crew...
Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Lesley Manville and Tom Bezucha:

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
imsounoriginal (12-31-2020)
Old 12-31-2020, 12:57 AM   #122
ps3bd_owner ps3bd_owner is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ps3bd_owner's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

I'd forgotten this movie even came out and I was looking forward to it because of Kevin Costner. I somewhat feel bad for him, he went from being a great actor in great movies to mediocre movies.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 03:53 PM   #123
doctor_who doctor_who is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
doctor_who's Avatar
 
Jul 2014
T.A.R.D.I.S.
78
251
2232
1467
1
1104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
This is easily the best movie I've seen in 2020. Can't remember the last movie that made me so tense that I felt it physically, in the pit of my stomach. But the emotional current lasts long after the credits roll. Incredible work all-around.

I would love to see this in the mix for the Best Actress and Editing Oscars; ideally, also for Picture, Director, and Adapted Screenplay.
It was mostly everything you say but I thought the ending felt cut short and a bit anti-climactic all things considered. As if they cut 15 minutes of tension and plot.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
imsounoriginal (01-02-2021)
Old 01-01-2021, 05:45 AM   #124
MazeRunner MazeRunner is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
MazeRunner's Avatar
 
Apr 2016
120
Default

I watched this last night on digital and loved it, even the slower parts.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 06:47 PM   #125
ps3bd_owner ps3bd_owner is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ps3bd_owner's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

My favorite of 2020.

This movie felt so real and Costner's performance still shows he has what it takes. Plus, Diane Lane was great although I don't remember seeing her in any other movies or such.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 06:50 PM   #126
NKB2017 NKB2017 is offline
Expert Member
 
Feb 2017
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
My favorite of 2020.

This movie felt so real and Costner's performance still shows he has what it takes. Plus, Diane Lane was great although I don't remember seeing her in any other movies or such.
It's GREAT isn't it. I agree brilliant performances too.

Diane Lane has been in LOADS... you've definitely seen her in stuff - even if you can't remember her.

Diane Lane bluray-ography:
https://www.blu-ray.com/Diane-Lane/67961/
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (01-01-2021)
Old 01-02-2021, 06:04 PM   #127
ps3bd_owner ps3bd_owner is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ps3bd_owner's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKB2017 View Post
It's GREAT isn't it. I agree brilliant performances too.

Diane Lane has been in LOADS... you've definitely seen her in stuff - even if you can't remember her.

Diane Lane bluray-ography:
https://www.blu-ray.com/Diane-Lane/67961/
Seeing young photos of her definitely reminds me I've seen her before. You know, even in her 60's or whatever she still looks beautiful.

Furthermore, this is a movie worth watching again and even though it didn't show "Based on a true story," there are plenty of cases like this in real life.

[Show spoiler]Costner's character went in knowing he'd die, but at the same time save other lives.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
NKB2017 (01-02-2021)
Old 01-02-2021, 06:20 PM   #128
NKB2017 NKB2017 is offline
Expert Member
 
Feb 2017
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
Seeing young photos of her definitely reminds me I've seen her before. You know, even in her 60's or whatever she still looks beautiful.

Furthermore, this is a movie worth watching again and even though it didn't show "Based on a true story," there are plenty of cases like this in real life.

[Show spoiler]Costner's character went in knowing he'd die, but at the same time save other lives.
She's 55 (56 later this month)...

The Outsiders, Streets Of Fire, Judge Dredd, Murder At 1600, Perfect Storm, Unfaithful (for which she won an Oscar), Under The Tuscan Sun (for which she was Golden Globe nominated), Must Love Dogs, Secretariat, and the recent Superman films (Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman, Justice League) are her most 'recognisable' films. On TV she was in Lonesome Dove and House of Cards. Impressive filmography if you ask me.

I agree re the great movie and it's re-watchability and Costner's character.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (01-02-2021)
Old 01-02-2021, 07:53 PM   #129
Gacivory Gacivory is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Gacivory's Avatar
 
Apr 2016
Los Angeles, California
228
1752
146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKB2017 View Post
She's 55 (56 later this month)...

The Outsiders, Streets Of Fire, Judge Dredd, Murder At 1600, Perfect Storm, Unfaithful (for which she won an Oscar), Under The Tuscan Sun (for which she was Golden Globe nominated), Must Love Dogs, Secretariat, and the recent Superman films (Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman, Justice League) are her most 'recognisable' films. On TV she was in Lonesome Dove and House of Cards. Impressive filmography if you ask me.

I agree re the great movie and it's re-watchability and Costner's character.
Won an Oscar Nomination. Nicole Kidman won for The Hours.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
NKB2017 (01-02-2021)
Old 01-02-2021, 09:49 PM   #130
Chaotic Chaotic is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Chaotic's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Denver, CO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post

[Show spoiler]Costner's character went in knowing he'd die, but at the same time save other lives.
I like how the poster spoils that. I haven't seen the movie, but i figured that would happen because of the poster.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (01-02-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 10:59 AM   #131
NKB2017 NKB2017 is offline
Expert Member
 
Feb 2017
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gacivory View Post
Won an Oscar Nomination. Nicole Kidman won for The Hours.
Right you are. Thank you.
Yes, DIANE LANE was nominated for an Oscar.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:12 AM   #132
NKB2017 NKB2017 is offline
Expert Member
 
Feb 2017
1
Default

'Let Him Go' starring Diane Lane and Kevin Costner... detailed:

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=27976
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:17 AM   #133
NKB2017 NKB2017 is offline
Expert Member
 
Feb 2017
1
Default

A great featurette on Diane Lane's performance in 'LET HIM GO':

https://collider.com/let-him-go-clip-diane-lane/

Available to rent this week and on bluray & DVD next I believe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:32 AM   #134
Chaotic Chaotic is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Chaotic's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Denver, CO
Default

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:03 AM   #135
Cremildo Cremildo is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Cremildo's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
Brazil
12
731
11
Default

A mildly engaging drama/thriller. I found Lane's character exasperating, to be honest.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:05 AM   #136
NKB2017 NKB2017 is offline
Expert Member
 
Feb 2017
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cremildo View Post
A mildly engaging drama/thriller. I found Lane's character exasperating, to be honest.
That's interesting. I've not read or seen that before, but each to their own.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:25 AM   #137
ps3bd_owner ps3bd_owner is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ps3bd_owner's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKB2017 View Post
That's interesting. I've not read or seen that before, but each to their own.
I don't see how he found her irritating, but each to their own.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:27 AM   #138
NKB2017 NKB2017 is offline
Expert Member
 
Feb 2017
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
I don't see how he found her irritating, but each to their own.
I agree buddy.
I thought it was a GREAT portrayal and I preferred it to pretty much all other Best Actress candidates that I've seen so far.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 01:07 AM   #139
Chaotic Chaotic is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Chaotic's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Denver, CO
Default

Time to change your name to DianeLaneFan
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 01:26 AM   #140
NKB2017 NKB2017 is offline
Expert Member
 
Feb 2017
1
Default

Matthew McConaughey interviews Diane Lane - and also confirmation that she will be 'For Consideration' at the 2021 Awards (inc. Oscars).

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
imsounoriginal (01-25-2021), ps3bd_owner (01-25-2021)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:29 AM.