Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Shenmue III (PS4)
$9.99

Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99

Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$36.04

XIII (PS4)
$24.00

NHL 21 Ultimate Edition (PS4)
$41.08
11 min ago
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$19.93

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (PS4)
$39.99

The Fisherman: Fishing Planet (PS4)
$27.99

Who Wants to Be A Millionare (PS4)
$19.99

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood (PS4)
$49.99

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of An Elusive Age (PS4)
$32.84

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 01-15-2021, 04:19 AM   #8921
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
I played for a good two hours last night. Some games are ok but any game with bright white objects reflects terribly.

I could get anti glare coating but Iím convinced the problem would still be there because itís quite severe. I donít understand why itís happening now and not the last four years.
Yeah, that's weird. It reminds me of the clear stickers that you have to peel off the interior glass lens that protect it. I can imagine that could do it, as I think I remember experiencing that issue when I first got PSVR, and thought, wait, something is on the lens. I peeled the stickers off and so much better.

It's possible they changed the lens for some dumb reason though.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (01-15-2021)
Old 01-15-2021, 09:17 AM   #8922
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Yeah, that's weird. It reminds me of the clear stickers that you have to peel off the interior glass lens that protect it. I can imagine that could do it, as I think I remember experiencing that issue when I first got PSVR, and thought, wait, something is on the lens. I peeled the stickers off and so much better.

It's possible they changed the lens for some dumb reason though.
Itís not the stickers, although I wish it was.
Old 01-15-2021, 05:18 PM   #8923
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Itís not the stickers, although I wish it was.
Thanks. That means they adjusted the lens for whatever reason. That stinks. Sorry to hear what happened with the PSVR 1.2.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (01-15-2021)
Old 01-17-2021, 09:06 PM   #8924
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Thanks given by:
Steedeel (01-20-2021)
Old 01-20-2021, 11:00 PM   #8925
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Well, such is my love for VR, I decided to try to ignore those irritating reflections. For some games it wasnít a big deal, others I found it distracting but here is what I think so far from the selection of games I played.

The Room

Atmospheric puzzler with well thought out scenarios. Dripping with atmosphere and a great workout for the brain.
Graphics are solid and audio is well done, especially with headphones.
Up there with the best puzzle games.

5/5

Budget Cuts

Stealth puzzler that sees you mastermind a route through a future work environment that employs shoot on site security bots. Using the moves, you must avoid detection while plotting your escape.
So far, a lot of fun. Working out how to manoeuvre each room without detection is cool.
Graphics are nice and clear with well thought out rooms and buildings.

4/5

Paper Beasts

A delightful organic world where beasts made of paper roam the land. The way they interact with the world is delightful in VR. Only managed 1 hour but I like what I see.Graphics are delightful and audio is crisp.

5/5

Dreams VR

Had a one hour session with this and dismissed it. Most games and experiences were a little soft looking and few looked anything close to the best of PSVR
Then, I popped it on for a second time and got lost in its charm.
I shared a packed train with a bunch of dancing thumbs, I played a level from Tron, I rode a rollercoaster and I mucked around with a robot trying to impress his audience while getting booed a lot!
Iím enjoying the heck out of it.

4/5

The Walking Dead: Saints And Sinners

Atmospheric world and looks interesting. HOWEVER, I donít know how to reload the gun yet! Unless Iím just out of bullets and canít find any? If so ,bullets must be very sparse.

(Not giving rating yet, havenít played enough)

Arcaís Path

A delightful game that requires just head movement to control a ball/sphere through increasingly difficult levels. The. areas are well thought out and the gameplay is addictive.
Like it so far.

4/5
Thanks given by:
dartfrog298 (01-21-2021), Leonidas King (01-28-2021), Zivouhr (01-21-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 02:30 AM   #8926
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Steedeel. did you get Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle? If not you need to consider it. Awesome, addictive puzzler with tons of levels.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (01-21-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 04:20 AM   #8927
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Hitman 3 VR is now available.

Steedeel, for Dreams VR, it sounds like you're playing the online only creator made games? Those are definitely more interesting. I was going to get into creating games in this, but the tools are just not my style or preference, so I lost interest in the creation mode very fast. I have experience with computer animation software, but this program feels very clunky.

The games on the other hand in VR, have potential. I'll have to check it out again as it's been months. There's a Tron home made game? That would be cool.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (01-21-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 09:14 AM   #8928
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartfrog298 View Post
Steedeel. did you get Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle? If not you need to consider it. Awesome, addictive puzzler with tons of levels.
No, it was 23 on my list so itís included for next year (if I can last all year with the lens problem)

Iím picking up Hitman as my 20th title (belated)
Old 01-21-2021, 09:16 AM   #8929
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Hitman 3 VR is now available.
Hitman 3 PlayStation VR Gameplay - YouTube

Steedeel, for Dreams VR, it sounds like you're playing the online only creator made games? Those are definitely more interesting. I was going to get into creating games in this, but the tools are just not my style or preference, so I lost interest in the creation mode very fast. I have experience with computer animation software, but this program feels very clunky.

The games on the other hand in VR, have potential. I'll have to check it out again as it's been months. There's a Tron home made game? That would be cool.
Yeah, it feels like the Wild West with all kinds of crazy ideas.
I even had fun playing Pac-Man and Space Invaders in cinema mode. Great nostalgia.
There are some diamonds amongst the rough as well.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (01-21-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 12:08 AM   #8930
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2015

Quote:
4/5

The Walking Dead: Saints And Sinners

Atmospheric world and looks interesting. HOWEVER, I don’t know how to reload the gun yet! Unless I’m just out of bullets and can’t find any? If so ,bullets must be very sparse.

(Not giving rating yet, haven’t played enough)
Guns were extremely frustrating to me so I mostly stuck with melee weapons. But the revolver you press triangle I think on the left wand which opens the chamber and then you pull bullets out of your ammo pouch and insert one by one. Shotguns you have to try to break it in half so you can expose the chamber and insert bullets (and it won't open unless it's empty). Pistols and machine guns you press I think square (maybe triangle?) on the left wand to eject the empty mag, then manually pull out a new one from the ammo pouch and insert it.

Ammo is pretty plentiful, especially early on, if you're looting like houses and stuff.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 12:45 AM   #8931
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailking View Post
Guns were extremely frustrating to me so I mostly stuck with melee weapons. But the revolver you press triangle I think on the left wand which opens the chamber and then you pull bullets out of your ammo pouch and insert one by one. Shotguns you have to try to break it in half so you can expose the chamber and insert bullets (and it won't open unless it's empty). Pistols and machine guns you press I think square (maybe triangle?) on the left wand to eject the empty mag, then manually pull out a new one from the ammo pouch and insert it.

Ammo is pretty plentiful, especially early on, if you're looting like houses and stuff.
Itís the actual ammo belt Iím having issue with. I can grab my weapons from shoulder, my pistol from my waist and flashlight from my chest but I donít know how to grab bullets. I canít remember what I did in the tutorial. I try reaching my waist but nothing.
Old 01-22-2021, 01:22 AM   #8932
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2015

You must not have ammo for it then. Go to 0:45 in this video, the player shows how to reload the revolver.

Thanks given by:
Steedeel (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 09:22 AM   #8933
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailking View Post
You must not have ammo for it then. Go to 0:45 in this video, the player shows how to reload the revolver.

walking dead saints and sinners - revolver reload - YouTube
Thanks man.
Thanks given by:
emailking (01-28-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 10:28 AM   #8934
Expert Member

Aug 2017
Belgium

So Steedeel, you're playing VR again? Have you found a workaround as per your condition? Hope so.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 10:41 AM   #8935
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris_schaffer View Post
So Steedeel, you're playing VR again? Have you found a workaround as per your condition? Hope so.
The problem is still there, Iím just trying to ignore it. Some games are fine while some are difficult to ignore. I love VR too much to give up on it. Iím hoping Sony follow Appleís plans of having prescription lenses in the VR headset. That may help rather having a reflection bounce off the lenses and back off my glasses. Less potential to bounce light if you will. Iím sure there will still be issues, but hopefully if I can pair that with anti reflecting lenses, it wonít be a big deal.

I was really chuffed last night as I was able to play for 2 hours with very little issue. Depends on the games. I played Dreams VR early in the week and the reflections on some creations were off putting.

Thanks for asking bud.
Thanks given by:
morris_schaffer (01-22-2021), Zivouhr (01-25-2021)
Old 01-25-2021, 01:32 AM   #8936
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Hitman 3 is the biggest VR game (and maybe the only so far) for PSVR in January 2021.

Old 01-25-2021, 04:49 AM   #8937
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Old 01-25-2021, 10:33 PM   #8938
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Played Saints And Sinners.

So................I met up with some chick who wanted me to kill her zombified husband. I find the door leading to attic and I get the note and Kill her husband. I then get the radio broadcasting parts and I think that’s job done. Then, the bell goes off and I have to face a onslaught of Zombies. How the heck do you get past that stage. They just keep coming and time doesn’t seem to be passing!
Plus, the chick who asked for the favour has disappeared from the garage area. Is that a glitch or do I need to find her?

Having fun though inbetween the reflections!
Old 01-26-2021, 12:33 AM   #8939
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Sounds good. Tough game I bet.
Old 01-26-2021, 10:10 AM   #8940
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Sounds good. Tough game I bet.