Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dreams (PS4)
$9.99
1 day ago
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99
1 day ago
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99
1 day ago
Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$32.53
6 hrs ago
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 04-15-2020, 09:12 PM   #61
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
S p a r t a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
Apparently they've been working on the RE4 remake since 2018, and it has a larger team than that of the previous two games.
Y tho.

When we can have this remade instead and it's much needed:

[Show spoiler]

RE3 remake mod:

[Show spoiler]
Thanks given by:
dallywhitty (04-15-2020)
Old 04-15-2020, 09:17 PM   #62
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas King View Post
Y tho.

[Show spoiler]

RE3 remake mod:

[Show spoiler]
A Dino Crisis remake was in development a few years ago, but it was cancelled and the franchise hasn't been touched since.

Capcom are supposed to be very receptive to fan feedback, though, so we just need to make our voices known!
Old 04-15-2020, 10:12 PM   #63
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
RE3 reportedly had a smooth development. Much smoother than RE2. I think them cutting locations from the original was a conscious design choice as opposed to the result of any developmental drama. As for it not having a second campaign - well, neither did the original, so I don't think we can hold that against them.
Okay, the original didn't have a 2nd campaign but when you consider it's a remake for the original, there's opportunities to expand upon the original and make it better. Not just as barebones and take away what the original had and replace it with stuff less than the original in terms of interactivity. Reviews all seem to cite this as a mark against R3MAKE compared to RE2 remake and the original even.

It is a lost opportunity imo for Capcom and tbh, i'd like to see hopefully RE4 not fall into such a trap.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:13 PM   #64
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
Y tho.

[Show spoiler]

RE3 remake mod:

[Show spoiler]

Because Resident Evil will sell better than Dino Crisis
Old 04-15-2020, 10:27 PM   #65
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
S p a r t a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTL View Post
Because Resident Evil will sell better than Dino Crisis
nO sH*T sHeRLocK

Quote:
A Dino Crisis remake was in development a few years ago, but it was cancelled and the franchise hasn't been touched since.

Capcom are supposed to be very receptive to fan feedback, though, so we just need to make our voices known!
Shame on them for not following fan feedback then. There are plenty of hardcore gamers out there wanting a Dino Crisis remake. Even that one gamer making a Dino Crisis outfit mod in a newly released RE game, or that article from the OP. Hello!

Unfortunately, it gets some weird hate on this forum though.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:52 PM   #66
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
nO sH*T sHeRLocK

Shame on them for not following fan feedback then. There are plenty of hardcore gamers out there wanting a Dino Crisis remake. Even that one gamer making a Dino Crisis outfit mod in a newly released RE game, or that article from the OP. Hello!

Unfortunately, it gets some weird hate on this forum though.
Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers

Maybe we can use this thread to talk about RE4 remake, and you can join the Dino Crisis remake thread.

Let's all remember that this game is just a rumor right now too

For what it's worth, I don't care about Dino Crisis. But if it were to become a rumor or a reality, I wouldn't brigade that thread saying they should spend resources on something else
Old 04-15-2020, 11:10 PM   #67
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
S p a r t a

You didn’t grasp my sarcasm to Dally’s reply. I’m done.
Old 04-15-2020, 11:19 PM   #68
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Quote:
You didn’t grasp my sarcasm to Dally’s reply. I’m done.
Nope, didn't see it. But cool, see ya later lol
Old 01-22-2021, 05:33 PM   #69
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2012
Origae-6

Capcom has overhauled its plans for a Resident Evil 4 remake

Quote:
.New studio M-Two has seen its role significantly reduced on the unannounced project, the sources told VGC, and mainline Resident Evil studio Capcom Division 1 has been brought in to lead a new direction.

However, multiple sources have indicated that, following a key project review late last year, it was decided that M-Two’s role on RE4’s remake would be significantly reduced. Capcom’s Division 1 – the internal team responsible for Resident Evil and Devil May Cry games – has now been brought in to lead the RE4 project, VGC understands.

It’s believed that the disagreements that led to M-Two’s reduced role involved the studio’s desire to stick faithfully to the template of the original Resident Evil 4, partly influenced by backlash to Resident Evil 3’s remake, which did not include significant portions of the original PlayStation game, much to fans’ disappointment.

Capcom’s production team, however, is said to prefer a direction which would see RE4’s remake inspired by the original, but with its own unique take on features, story elements and environments not necessarily confined to the blueprint of the original, similar to Resident Evil 2‘s use of Mr. X.

Sources said that the Resident Evil 4 Remake would now be partially rebooted under the new mandate, which could see its release delayed by as much as a year to 2023. [×]
Old 01-31-2021, 07:54 AM   #70
Power Member

Nov 2011
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
Okay, the original didn't have a 2nd campaign but when you consider it's a remake for the original, there's opportunities to expand upon the original and make it better. Not just as barebones and take away what the original had and replace it with stuff less than the original in terms of interactivity. Reviews all seem to cite this as a mark against R3MAKE compared to RE2 remake and the original even.

It is a lost opportunity imo for Capcom and tbh, i'd like to see hopefully RE4 not fall into such a trap.
I remember reading someone said the exact same thing about the original Resident Evil Remake and that's the blueprint to follow; take and include everything that was in the original game and expand on it, include new segments and leave nothing out. But Resident Evil 3 Remake left a lot out.
In the original, when Jill got infected Carlos left her in a locked up section of the clock tower while he went to the hospital to get the vaccine. In the remake, not only was Jill unconscious for close to a day but Carlos carried her all the way to the hospital. With so many zombies around, this wouldn't have been the ideal thing to do.
Old 01-31-2021, 04:39 PM   #71
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2016

Cutting environments in a RE game is borderline blasphemous. The settings and atmosphere in the series have always been the main draw for me, and the environments are such an integral part of the experience that removing them would be like getting rid of the morph ball in a Metroid remake. Can you imagine if they just decided to cut the section in RE4 where you return to the village at night? Or remove the mine level? They can tweak the controls, alter the story, change some encounters, or even shuffle the layout of the areas, but removing even a single section of the game would be tragic.

In an ideal world they would have a Classic Mode where they simply upgrade the base game with the new RE Engine. They would then be able to take as many liberties as they want with the REmake and everyone would be happy. I know that would take a lot of work but over the years Capcom has shown that they're more than willing to throw out years of work and start from scratch then it comes to this franchise so it's not like they aren't willing to put in the time.
Old 02-02-2021, 01:58 AM   #72
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

Resident Evil 4 Remake... in first-person?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4